Damage per PEC is irrelevant

Cute, but wrong thread for the screenshot topic though.

Kalashi said:
Also certain weapons have 'varying' decay
I don't think so. The varying decay you see may be because things decay at rates that not even pec values (ex. .0125 ped decay/per use). Also the update to the client isn't always in perfect sync.

Try this: Relog. Fire 100-200 shots. Relog again. Note decay. I have found that item decay can be verified as constant by repeating this test and getting the same decay, but I have by no means tested every item there is :)

truantduck said:
Try this: Relog. Fire 100-200 shots. Relog again. Note decay.

actualy very nice hint - ALWAYS when u testing decay relog before and relog after. and only then count ammo, shots, decay etc.... relog sometimes changes many things :)

e-lite I've sent you a PM on the other forum, but so far have seen no response from you on that matter.

truantduck said:
I don't think so. The varying decay you see may be because things decay at rates that not even pec values (ex. .0125 ped decay/per use). Also the update to the client isn't always in perfect sync.

Try this: Relog. Fire 100-200 shots. Relog again. Note decay. I have found that item decay can be verified as constant by repeating this test and getting the same decay, but I have by no means tested every item there is :)

Yep...yep...done....done.

As i said, it has a varying decay ;)

Kalashi said:

Kalashi, do you mind telling us which weapon(s), and also giving an extensive breakdown of your results? This would be very interesting for everyone to see.

Kalashi said:

What is the degree of change? 1%? 5%? 30%?

I still doubt your findings. Every test I've ever done doesn't vary more than 1%.

sounds fishy but who knows.. show results :)

I dont have 'data' to hand...i will ask the owner of the weap blah blah

But decay changes from 1pec to 2pec.

Not 1~2pec, but either 1pec -or- 2pec

Kalashi said:

sounds like bug....
never noticed significant changes in decey - thye always in 0-1% range :)

Kalashi said:

The reason why decay changes between 1-2pec is that for each shot it can only show whole pec decays. If the gun you uses decays 1.25pec per shot the decay would be: 1pec, 1pec, 1pec, 2pec. Every fourth shot it will decay 2pec. Thats why it decays between 1-2pec, all weapons who has decay with not even pecs will decay varously.

Malvakten said:
The reason why decay changes between 1-2pec is that for each shot it can only show whole pec decays. If the gun you uses decays 1.25pec per shot the decay would be: 1pec, 1pec, 1pec, 2pec. Every fourth shot it will decay 2pec. Thats why it decays between 1-2pec, all weapons who has decay with not even pecs will decay varously.

Please read my posts properly :rolleyes:

this is the last time i will say it...

the decay DOES NOT vary 1~2pec...it is EITHER 1 or 2pec

Kalashi said:
Please read my posts properly :rolleyes:

this is the last time i will say it...

the decay DOES NOT vary 1~2pec...it is EITHER 1 or 2pec

Actualy, that's exactly what he said...

Arise said:
Actualy, that's exactly what he said...

ffs...ppl plzzz learn to read

He said that decay is 1.25pec or whatever. and that the shown result is 1,1,1,2 etc etc and over enough tries, with repairing etc can be proved to be 1.25 etc

This is Not what im saying, again, for the ultra last, extra extreme no more response time.. :silly2:

decay is sometimes 1pec and sometime 2 pec.

i have asked owner who is away for about 1month working if he will post data, he will confirm later (i hope!)

Again, that's exactly what the man said. ;)

I'll try to clear this up...

The decay is in PECs (more exactly in divisions of PECs), but the weapon TT value is displayed in PEDs. So the exact value is rounded... like 9.49-> 9 and 9.51 ->10.

Everything is just an aproximation.
So that's why you get 1 and 2 decay each time.

Arise said:
Again, that's exactly what the man said. ;)

I'll try to clear this up...

The decay is in PECs (more exactly in divisions of PECs), but the weapon TT value is displayed in PEDs. So the exact value is rounded... like 9.49-> 9 and 9.51 ->10.

Everything is just an aproximation.
So that's why you get 1 and 2 decay each time.

im sorry, but you really are missing the point. i wont go into it again...too much like hard work :laugh:

Btw, if you want to convince that the decay is sometimes 1 and sometimes 2 PECs, then you should get the same result over and over again, if...
1. you shoot only 1 time
2. check decay
3. repair at full TT
4. repeat step 1.

If you manage to get a diferent result at step 2, then realy the gun decays like 1 and 2, as you pretend to be.

But, like I said above, is just a problem of rounding and aproximation.

Arise said:
Btw, if you want to convince that the decay is sometimes 1 and sometimes 2 PECs, then you should get the same result over and over again, if...
1. you shoot only 1 time
2. check decay
3. repair at full TT
4. repeat step 1.

Again, perhaps you should read my post a few back ;) done all of this blah blah...i dont write these posts for my health, im trying to contribute.

Arise said:
...then realy the gun decays like 1 and 2, as you pretend to be.
:rolleyes:

Look dude, Malvakten, Truantduck and me, tryed to give you some explanations with some proven facts and some things behind.

But looks like you are just refusing our ideas.

I don't have anything against with you being closed and reluctive to new ideeas, but please at least try and explain to us your ideas, and your possible solutions in this strange 1 or 2 pec decay problem.
I would realy like to read your theory.

P.S. I've read the whole tread, and I'm sure I haven't skipped anything.

Arise said:
Look dude, Malvakten, Truantduck and me, tryed to give you some explanations with some proven facts and some things behind.
But looks like you are just refusing our ideas.
...and its not my fault you cannot read plain english in my posts above.

Again, i agree with your 'proven facts' and have shown that i have tried and tested all of your explanations.

Arise said:
I don't have anything against with you being closed and reluctive to new ideeas
:rolleyes:

Arise said:
but please at least try and explain to us your ideas, and your possible solutions in this strange 1 or 2 pec decay problem.
I would realy like to read your theory.
i dont have a theory, again learn to read... :wise:

Arise said:
P.S. I've read the whole tread, and I'm sure I haven't skipped anything.
tbh you missed it all entirely. Many times above i have answered that yes i understand how to test decay on weapons ffs, YES i have tried many methods, in many conditions, many servers, different laggy conditions blah blah blah

...again when the owner of the weap returns, i will get some data for you.

Until then please stop tryin to insult both your own and my intelligence for no reason.

Kalashi said:
i dont have a theory, again learn to read... :wise:
Never said that you have a theory, just said I would like to know what you think about.
So far you only keep repeating, things like "read again my old posts", "I will give more info when the owner returns", etc...

Kalashi said:
tbh you missed it all entirely. Many times above i have answered that yes i understand how to test decay on weapons ffs, YES i have tried many methods, in many conditions, many servers, different laggy conditions blah blah blah
So... a little challenge :) You want to bet on some peds that Malvakten, Truantduck and me are right? :)

Kalashi said:
Until then please stop tryin to insult both your own and my intelligence for no reason.
Actually, I really can't find a reply to such a violent phrase...
So, again prove your right, by placing a little bet ;)

Arise said:
Actually, I really can't find a reply to such a violent phrase...

wtf? violent? :rolleyes:

seriously i think you should read back and see what im saying.

As for not taking others point of view into consideration, take some of your own medicine, stop being an arrogant fuck and open your eyes(now that is violent)

couldn't it just be that the item remembers its decay?
So if an item is at full tt and has 1.4pec decay and you use is once it'll show a 1pec decay and you can repair it that much. The actual tt however is 0.4pec lower than full even after repair.
So when you use it the next time it'll be 1.8pec below full tt and thus show 2pec decay and be repairable for that much, even though you just "fully" repaired it.

Kalashi said:
...again when the owner of the weap returns, i will get some data for you.

Hey Kalashi, so all this is based on hearsay? If it is, that would explain a lot.

P.S. Calm down. It's you who isn't reading.

truantduck said:
Hey Kalashi, so all this is based on hearsay? If it is, that would explain a lot.

it depends on what you class as hearsay?

if Sib or whoever 'told' you the same as i am saying above, you wouldnt believe him before you tested for yourself?

until you say on what item you find this data and other person find it , i think noone will bielive you.also i dont understand why you whant keep item name secret , as 2 people own it i dont think its hidden item.

also i have hear ( but not tryed myself) decay on new dague ( red serie) is maybe liked to domage but maybe it was bug in that time.because it was result after the first test done on this kind of weapon.

Kalashi said:
it depends on what you class as hearsay?

if Sib or whoever 'told' you the same as i am saying above, you wouldnt believe him before you tested for yourself?

If it was a statment that contraticted every careful test I'v carried out, then yes, i wouldn't belive it until I had more specific info and could tested it myself.

IMO the game is way to random for anyone to ever uncover logic behind these "secret weapon attributes" you're theorizing about.

You can get lucky with a bad weapon and you can be unlucky with a good weapon. Its literally impossible to do the testing required to prove/disprove this theory unless you had a whole LOT of time and patience because you would have to take a massive sample and include all possible variables.

Either way I really don't think it makes DMC/PEC any more irrelivant than it already is becasue of the luck factor.

It's not that hard. With a big enough sample you can get very good information that can lead you to some fairly eye-opening conclusions.

Back