WoF Off !!

DurakJung

Prowler
Society
The mental Kangaroos
Durakk Jung
Posted by Hurrikane today

Any remaining prizes should appear in inventories soon if they haven't already.

WoF is off.

Many reasons.

Catch you all again.

Hurrikane

Copy of post in Aussie private forum I just did.
To me WoF has been a highlight of my time in EU

It is sad that it has come to this although not surprising.

I am hoping this will open up opportunities for something as equally as exciting.

Hopefully with out the intervention of MA. While there were some plus factors WoF was better run as a player event.

What are your thoughts?

Hurrikane is an extremely well respected avatar within the community and his selfless contribution to the game over the years has given a lot of players hours of enjoyment.

As a RL friend of mine I can say that his priorities have changed and he does not have the time to devote to the WOF or the game that he once had.

Over the years that he ran the WOF with no contribution or assistance from MA but he did not mind as he loved the game.

I agree that the WOF is not the same now that MA is involved, yet creating an event like this takes a lot of time organisation and contribution from other players (judges, prizes etc.)

I think that the WOF should be remembered for what it was , the greatest event ever in EU made even better by the fact that it was player controlled.

WOF RIP - and to the OP perhaps this is an opportunity for yourself or any other player with the time, inspiration and dedication to produce something new in EU that is player driven

It's unfortunate that Hurrikane has other priorities, which prevent his participation this year. I remember the first ever WoF, I rallied around getting donations to present him with a gift at the end of it.

haha, forgot about this one: WoF Appreciation Party

Hurrikane is an extremely well respected avatar within the community and his selfless contribution to the game over the years has given a lot of players hours of enjoyment.

As a RL friend of mine I can say that his priorities have changed and he does not have the time to devote to the WOF or the game that he once had.

Over the years that he ran the WOF with no contribution or assistance from MA but he did not mind as he loved the game.

I agree that the WOF is not the same now that MA is involved, yet creating an event like this takes a lot of time organisation and contribution from other players (judges, prizes etc.)

I think that the WOF should be remembered for what it was , the greatest event ever in EU made even better by the fact that it was player controlled.

WOF RIP - and to the OP perhaps this is an opportunity for yourself or any other player with the time, inspiration and dedication to produce something new in EU that is player driven

Wow! It's amazing how people remember things so differently!

I remember this Hurricane person showing up once a year, to organize WoF. Except for WoF, I don't remember hearing anything from him, I have never seen him in game WoF or otherwise. I remember one year where he was trying to run the event from his mobile phone? Yea I'm questioning my own memory now it sounds so bizarre.

I remember hunting taxed MOBs just because that was the rules, there was no choice, the competition MOBs were only available on taxed lands. I remember one year, he picked Caprions for a MOB, the only spawn at that time was on CND, so after waiting for, and paying for a RT trip to CND, there was no spawn of Caps!

I remember prizes being given out on the "spur of the moment", right in the middle of the event with no prior warning, it was like, if you kill kill a merp today your team gets lots of prizes. Huh?

This ..... thing..... always reeked of corruption and kick backs to me. The years late prizes from whoever, MA, FPC, Planet Calypso, was just more lol on the cake.

Good riddance WoF.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

but... I really understand Hurricane and again THANKS A LOT for all the time and efforts he dedicated to WoF.

If would be enough people interested we could try to organize something.. depending on interest.. even just a sort of "one session" WoF: 3 hours on evening MA time for European teams and 3 hours early morning MA time during one weekend for Aussie, NZs and Americans. No sponsor, no MA, no exceptional spawns, no prizes, just for WOF GLORY!
No mob list.. on the contrary a bonus to the team that kills as many different mob... and/or usual wof bonuses about HoF/ATH... just my :twocents:

DRM

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

but... I really understand Hurricane and again THANKS A LOT for all the time and efforts he dedicated to WoF.

If would be enough people interested we could try to organize something.. depending on interest.. even just a sort of "one session" WoF: 3 hours on evening MA time for European teams and 3 hours early morning MA time during one weekend for Aussie, NZs and Americans. No sponsor, no MA, no exceptional spawns, no prizes, just for WOF GLORY!
No mob list.. on the contrary a bonus to the team that kills as many different mob... and/or usual wof bonuses about HoF/ATH... just my :twocents:

DRM

Just saying, MA seems to have things well in hand with regard to events, HM, MM, Robot Wars. Prizes magically show up in inventory automatically when looting MOBs. Speaking of magic maybe we could have Leprechaun wars?

Awe.... can we MA can wee? pls pls?

yup nn :D

The only magic event I saw in PE/EU was WoF, and I'm sure lot of old players know what i'm meaning.
MA's events are above all "solo" events, even teams in MM have a different spirit, more focused on DPS than FUN.
I joined every WoF I could for my little country for that "magic", for skype chat and laughs while hunting, for the thrill of almost win against giant teams like USA, or winning a match against our cousin in the last 2 mins of the match and loosing against the same team an year later as they deserved it. And all that being sure not to reach any prize. Magic was seeing the GO GO GO! of the start and waiting for other teams tpchip away like rockets ;), magic was seeing people congratz winner team, even if match was fucking bloody... I already miss it :ahh:

Vote for WOF 2015!!!
DRM

I remember this Hurricane person showing up once a year, to organize WoF.

On the other hand, he spends 100% of his time with WoF... Being a judge at almost all matches or particpating for his own team.

I remember one year where he was trying to run the event from his mobile phone?

I think he moved and lost his internet connection, so he had to use a mobile internet connection (eg 3G) - which also can explain why he wasn't iname except when needed for WoF (see above). I can't see it his fault - he did the best he could.

It's a shame that Hurrikane cannot continue WoF.
I had fun participating, even last year when I was alone representing my country.

No Mayhems will replace event that was made entirely by players.

loads of silly talk...

You seem like you have some personal beef with Hurrikane and you try hard to devalue his input into game.
Well face it: nobody knows who you are and probably you have done no shit for EU.
At the same time everybody knows what Hurrikane did.
So go on and bitch about it but it will only devalue you.

Fact is that Hurrikane contributed loads of time and effort to EU, along with all the judges and other helpers!

WoF is a unique event, in that it encourages cooperation between players, regardless of ingame experience or society. Between players who might otherwise never encounter each other ingame.

Unlike most other events, anyone can participate and play a useful role. One year we had someone who literally just started the game come along and help out with support (we gave him a TT fap, and told him to stick to helping keep one support team member alive).

It's certainly created some of my most memorable times ingame.
And it's probably not coincidental that quite a few of the Aussie RL meets have been towards the end of a WoF season.

I wish Hurrikane well with whatever he's doing now, that's keeping him away from Entropia.
(If it's a new book that he's writing - or a movie deal on his first one! - hopefully he'll post some news for his fans here :grouphug: )

I only participated in the 2012 and 1014 WoF's but they were fun.

2012 I have really good memories of, I had fun mustering up a small army of support hunters and kill kill kill until there was no PED(ammo) left to toss at them mobs :D

2014 my army of noobs was smaller but was fun while out grinding, just wish there was not so much personal drama :( Lost some respect for some other players and they lost respect in me because of the drama but in the end it all came to grinding with friends.

Both occasions I brought some intel of locations of mobs and special spots some did not know about and it made for some interesting fun. I never made it into the main team but was hoping someday to get there so long live the fond memories of support mayhem in WoF.

PS: I will never get a official WoFfee Mug now :(

It's a shame that Hurrikane cannot continue WoF.
I had fun participating, even last year when I was alone representing my country.

No Mayhems will replace event that was made entirely by players.

You seem like you have some personal beef with Hurrikane and you try hard to devalue his input into game.
Well face it: nobody knows who you are and probably you have done no shit for EU.
At the same time everybody knows what Hurrikane did.
So go on and bitch about it but it will only devalue you.

Fact is that Hurrikane contributed loads of time and effort to EU, along with all the judges and other helpers!

I was going to respond to hankerchiefspunk or what ever your name is but there is no need this says it all

Hamba Gashle Hurrikane!!

Born of the FoF, I have been privileged to have been part of this juggernaut.

So many memories. My team has had the only Wooden Grenade (7 or 8 years ago!!)

We have slain giants and have been slain.

Not a bleeding lot in the past 10 years in this game has come close to the comradery of competing in the WoF.

I think it got a bit complicated once moved on from a purely player run comp, but the spirit of it was very much there!

Long live the WoF!!
Tears have been shed.
Blood has been spilt.
Triumph celebrated.
The failure of the damn bonus Igni commiserated.
We beat the buggers!!
Damn, am out of ammo,
Dont worry, I shall powerfist it!!
CORDS!!!!!
Got the bastard, what now?!?!
Can we kill that?!

..... And from the judges...

TIME, BACK TO START!!!!

Go Well WoF!!

EDIT - WoF just on holiday - have a good rest WoF :)

Last edited:
I myself only had to chance of being in 1 wof the 2014 one. I was also a new avatar back then i think even under level 5 and i did help one of the USA support teams when possible by healing or by shooting, it wasn't much but every little bit helps.

I was gonna roll out big next wof i said but looks like that isn't gonna happen :(
to bad to see wof go it was an epic event, thanks a lot for the wof's that have been there!

I havent been part of WoF for a long time... but when something ends you become nostalgic.

I was the capten for Team Sweden 2008 and 2009 and I most say that I have never had that much fun in EU before and after. Been angry on Hurrikane several of times during that time but WoF brought up the whole emotional spectra when it was gametime :D happy, angry, excited, sad :)

but everything has it ends..

Hurrikane and all the rest who work with WoF to make it happend did a fantastic job.

I remember this Hurricane person showing up once a year, to organize WoF. Except for WoF, I don't remember hearing anything from him, I have never seen him in game WoF or otherwise. I remember one year where he was trying to run the event from his mobile phone? Yea I'm questioning my own memory now it sounds so bizarre.

I remember hunting taxed MOBs just because that was the rules, there was no choice, the competition MOBs were only available on taxed lands. I remember one year, he picked Caprions for a MOB, the only spawn at that time was on CND, so after waiting for, and paying for a RT trip to CND, there was no spawn of Caps!

I remember prizes being given out on the "spur of the moment", right in the middle of the event with no prior warning, it was like, if you kill kill a merp today your team gets lots of prizes. Huh?

This ..... thing..... always reeked of corruption and kick backs to me. The years late prizes from whoever, MA, FPC, Planet Calypso, was just more lol on the cake.

Good riddance WoF.

Hi :censored:, thanks for the post.

The CND round was planned, advertised and agreed months before it happened, to provide variety in the moblists. People were asked if they minded travelling etc and the majority agreed. Caperons failed to spawn, yes... do you think Neverdie chose to do this on purpose, and lose several hours of high-pressure hunting on his mobs?

Ran it from my mobile phone? Nah. One year I was in America for most of the event, and left it in capable hands (Chopper McHelicopter). Another year I was living without broadband and had to drive 15 miles to judge things every weekend at a friend's house.

No prizes were ever awarded "on the spur of the moment" for "killing a merp today." All Prizes have always been awarded after the event.

When taxed mobs were included on the moblists, the land-owners paid for this, which was what paid for the prizes every year before Mindark came on board.

Yes, I didn't play much between events. I am not exactly a rich person and constant play requires spare cash I don't have. I did return 7 years running to run this event though.

The reasons it's not on this year are:

1 I'm too busy
2 There are problems with enforcing rules I need to address
3 It doesn't seem to be a priority for Mindark to make things better
4 Moaning twats.

You are part of 4.

Oh and wtf is a Caprion? And how do you mis-spell a name you've only ever seen written down?

Hurrikane

PS. Thanks to all who have helped with this event over the years, there are too many of you to name. Thanks to the hundreds of avatars who hunted like mentalists for weeks on end. Thanks to this forum for the use of their facilities to run the event each time. Thanks to Mindark for the Jackets and the attempts to make it better.

PPS. Not ruling out another WoF in the future (always planned to do 10, we're on 7). Just not this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and thanks, sincerely, to all the nice messages on this thread and in PMs. Made my day:) Glad the event meant so much to people.

Hurrikane

Oh, and thanks, sincerely, to all the nice messages on this thread and in PMs. Made my day:) Glad the event meant so much to people.

Hurrikane

Real life comes first, thx for your time and dedication Hurri! All the best! You rock sir! :thumbup:

kind regards!

//toe

boy thought is will be off for good but not :yay:

well it will give me time to gather some ped and skill for the next year can't wait for the next wof XD best luck in rl :)

Good riddance WoF.

Shows how little you actually know about the WoF.
But I guess some people will always try and see the bad in something great.

Hurrikane

Reality 1st :)

Thank you for all your hard work and effort - please bring it back. It will be missed.

I love how post #17 was edited.

Almost makes me think the person who did it had a sense of humour (almost) . :laugh:

I hope you get the enthusiasm back Hurrikane, a decade is a long time, a lot of marriages dont last that long.

If you dont re-kindle the love, I wish you all the best in your future endevours, and although I wasn't a WOF participant because I was doing other things....
(Argo,Argo,Argo,Mega mega white thing, mega mega white thing, shouting larger lager lager etc)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/underworld/bornslippy.html

I admire your passion and organisation making it a success. :thumbup:

Wow, you two really dont like each other.

I feel a bit ignorant about not knowing the history. This post will go bye bye soon enough anyway.

A great effort over all these years Hurrikane.

I have enjoyed 5 or so of them and it is good to hear that WoF may be still on your thoughts.

With the present Entropia we 'live" in I think in the future it will be hard revive as it once was.

Even if WoF never lives again I hope something arises to replace it.

'Replace' probably incorrect word as it would be very difficult to come up with an event to equal the original concept of WoF.

Any way all the best to you and thanks again for a very enjoyable part of my time in EU.

Cheers Jung

:yay::yay::yay:Aussie Aussie Aussie :yay::yay::yay: :):)

Blah blah blah something about a conspiracy

Over and OUT.

Haha, twat. I met Hurricane and have been involved since the very beginning. He is a super nice guy, who you don't know. Thanks for stirring the pot, but those of us who know him, know better.

Go away noob

PPS. Not ruling out another WoF in the future (always planned to do 10, we're on 7). Just not this year.

You will be back :D

+ REP for organizer of best event of the year

See you next WoF, maybe next year already :)

Good to hear you haven't given up on WoF forever.

I've always said that I think WoF would be better if it was done every 2 years, so I think pulling this year's tournament is for the best, especially if you're having problems committing to it.

I've already told the GB team that I wouldn't be able to captain the team if you ran another tournament so soon, because it's too much for me to commit to with so little gap between the tournament, so again the break is a positive as far as I'm concerned.

I'll look forward to seeing you back with another WoF in 2016.

Back