10 Years Today

Arokh

Stalker
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Arokh Arokh Cindar
Well, looks like I'm finally going to join the 10 Year club today! :yay:

Don't have any spectacular HoFs or loot to show (only ever once got 1KPED), so instead... some favourite moments and memories:

Can't forget the excitement at the first global in 2006:

A long time coming, but the first HoF for 237PED later that year:

The time spent at the New Arrival Zone with the Guides Simon, Zoe, and Emma:

...who later sent me a postcard!

The time I spent the better part of 6 months tracking down the materials and crafter to get a full Dragon set:

The party at Deathifier's Mansion on TI:

Finally getting my grubby little hands on a gauss gun (before they were that common):

First Beacon run in 2007:

Always remember getting ESL in 2008:

Still got my issue 1 copy of The Entropian kicking around too.. and the cash card.

There's been plenty of ups and downs in this game (especially lootwise!), but I think the main thing that's always stuck with me is the community. Yes... it's hilariously cliche to say that, but it's true. Met so many great individuals throughout my time here - I've even flown halfway around the world to meet some of them person. Over the years, people come and go, and regrettably I've managed to lose contact with a few people. Kinda keep up hope that maybe one day I'll see their friends list icon light up green again. Nonetheless, it's you guys that have made the last 10 years awesome! :hug:

Don't play as much as I used to due to remaining snowed under with work (oh, the fun of game development), but am still around... hopefully to celebrate 20 years! ^_^

Maybe I'll get 200HP by then.

...and stop lurking on the forum as much and post more.

New players must see this!
Snablesnot 111 PED????!!!! Caudatergus 237PED ????!!!!
oooh! you are an old alright :laugh:

GRATZ

111 or 237 is not as impressive as the amount of UL stuff in globals imho :)

U got em both with an opalo too... takes a long time to lose it again, even with zero returns...

Ah, the good old times! :yup:

Congratulations Arokh, mine is this Sunday :)

Very nice, big congrats! :yay:

I'm 9 tomorrow, and hoping I'll make the 10

Happy birthday! I have a lot of love for this thread, brought back a lot of memories. Am I the only one that misses the old graphics?

happy 10e birthday my friend :D i turned 1, 7 days ago :D

Last edited:
Saw your old video on YouTube a while back, have you made it private now, can't seem to find it?

Welcome to the club :)

Thank you everyone!

Unfortunately lost the screenshots, but was also going to post the ones that showed the "Fruit Mafia" that once operated out of Port Atlantis... if anyone remembers that nonsense. :laugh:

U got em both with an opalo too... takes a long time to lose it again, even with zero returns...

If I recall correctly, at that point had only just switched to an Opalo as well! Previously, my first and only prior weapon was actually an A&P Series Brave ME, which was kindly gifted by my mentor at the time. Still have it too!

111 or 237 is not as impressive as the amount of UL stuff in globals imho :)

Yeah, really miss that. It may have just been TT trash, but items just felt that much cooler than a load of oils. You could pretty much go out and loot yourself a full Pixie or Goblin set in an evening or two hunting Snables or Daikibas. Certainly gave you a sense of achievement!

happy 10e birthday my friend :D i turned 1, 7 days ago :D

Congrats - first year of many I hope! :)

Saw your old video on YouTube a while back, have you made it private now, can't seem to find it?

:laugh: The Newbies Life one? Typical, only took it down late last month after 7 or 8 years! Didn't realise people were still looking it up. Wanted to have a clean YouTube account for some other videos, and thought I'd re-purpose my old one.

Have enabled it again, for nostalgias sake!

Gratz Arokh :)

I turn 10 on Monday LOL

Remind me. Was it you that got on a train heading in the wrong direction.....

I can't believe you still remember that!

It was after the London Entropia Meet, right? Hmm... hang on a second... wasn't it you who recommended I get on that train in the first place? :laugh:

I can't believe you still remember that!

It was after the London Entropia Meet, right? Hmm... hang on a second... wasn't it you who recommended I get on that train in the first place? :laugh:

Happy days :):)

And I am from Africa, we dont know trains and what direction they should be going. The journey is all part of life, just make sure you are on it :)

The other thing that I remember from that trip was the bloody roundabout sign that advertised it as going straight back on itself.... Greeted with an incredulous What!! from you, me and Rockchick LOL.

We got there and back in the end.

I miss them days :)

:laugh: The Newbies Life one? Typical, only took it down late last month after 7 or 8 years! Didn't realise people were still looking it up. Wanted to have a clean YouTube account for some other videos, and thought I'd re-purpose my old one.

Have enabled it again, for nostalgias sake!

Yay, haha

congratulations

damn I do love those old time loot windows :)

Can't believe that I've never seen this! Awesome video!

Great job Arokh - thank you, and gz on 10 years.

:wtg:

Omg, I'd totally forgotten about that! :laugh:

​Hi Arokh! And congrats! Will be 10 myself soon. Maybe see you in game sometime.......I'm still here :)

Happy Birthday from the "Oldies" :D

*lol*

I will turn 10 soon too! .. omg ..

Happy Birthday!

Yea, the good old days :)
Im 10 too, since this month:)

May time for a 10 year party for all that play 10.

Back