Which instance level for Halloween Mayhem?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
I put this in its own thread so as not to hijack the main Halloween Mayhem thread.

Assuming that-
You have the ability to do at least 3 different levels in Halloween Mayhem
You don't have the equipment to run through and slaughter everything in level 5

Would you be better off in the level where-
You can wade right in, gather all of the mobs and shoot until time is up or you run out of ammo?
You can survive 2 or 3 mobs at once and can kill a single mob with minimal healing?
You can kill any of the mobs there, but need to actively heal while shooting and may occasionally get killed?

We all know that the biggest prizes will very likely go to the people with the biggest weapons. The only chance that the rest of us have is to get lucky and snag a couple of Great Pumpkins or whatever. So, what's your opinion? Slaughter a million small ones, a lot of medium ones, or fair amount of the bigger ones?

Nobody can tell you for sure but my guess..
It works just like item drops in waves so whoever from WSS figures it out will win :D

Ofc there might be players who use 5 alts first to see how it works & then use their main ava to win

edit : to wss, this is ment as a compliment :)

I usually choose the instance where I can handle the bosses, both in Halloween and Core mayhems.

Cat 5 is hard even for some level 100 players without the right armor, but you will see some lower level players killing 10 mobs per hour too. Revive kill

Cat 4 is the busiest cat of all with players from level 30 to 100 and above, so chances to win in cat 4 decrease.

Cat 1 has a very low drop rate

So decide between 2 and 3

Cat 5 is hard even for some level 100 players without the right armor, but you will see some lower level players killing 10 mobs per hour too. Revive kill

Cat 4 is the busiest cat of all with players from level 30 to 100 and above, so chances to win in cat 4 decrease.

Cat 1 has a very low drop rate

So decide between 2 and 3

So, theoretically, it is harder to loot the high value pumpkins in the category 4 instances because there are more people in those instances and there are a set number of pumpkins to be had in each category? Not saying that I disagree, only that I hadn't thought of that.

I was assuming that they were distributed across all categories and that the odds of getting one got better the tougher the mob gets., but I have no real proof of that.

You could get all dressed up in Halloween gear with "no armour", take a devil pet in to max out the mood, and get some sweet globals in Level 2

I was just doing it for fun, trying out some new chips and I'm Level 75 pyro. Don't have to go mental I guess at top levels.

Good luck

Rick

ps: no taking the p*ss about how many pets I've got...I like pets...LOL

You could get all dressed up in Halloween gear with "no armour", take a devil pet in to max out the mood, and get some sweet globals in Level 2.

This does have some appeal to it.

I spent a few hours tonight trying to work out my armor setups to optimize them for the Halloween Mayhem creatures. Unfortunately, I really have no optimal setup for the damage types. No matter what I do, I am perfectly comfortable in L4, but L5 is way too much work. Maybe I'll spend some time playing around in L2 and L3 tonight.

take a devil pet in to max out the mood, and get some sweet globals in Level 2

Could someone elaborate on the purpose of this as I know next to nothing about pets? :dunce::wtg:

Does the pet have something to do with the globals? :(

He meant take a devil to add to the Halloween atmosphere.

This is what the logical half of my brain was telling me, but the "dynamic" half wasn't so sure!

"Max out the mood", wasn't sure if Rick meant his pet's "mood" statistic or his own Halloween cheer :duh:

Thanks! :dunce:

Back