Where is Category 0? - Warning Rant

Creator_of_Ped

Guardian
Society
Disciples of Lootius
Creator Of Ped
I have a big complaint - big surprise, lol.

I saw the Halloween mask discovery and though hmm, interesting, maybe I should give it a shot.
I just 0 scored after one hour on halloween event. I know I need roughly 300 - 400 kills for a 50% chance to loot item worth 1-5 points.

My question is where is category 0 for the newbies, no Halloween for new players? :(

But my logic before going into this was Lvl 2 mob, zombie dogs are essentially reskinned shinkiba. Lvl 2 shinkiba have 30 hp, low dmg. These are not lvl 2 zombie dogs more 4.5! They have 7x the HP! My initial thought is 700 - 800 kills I could loot a couple bags, possibly score 2 - 10 points, if I am lucky get a full skeleton outfit after completing all 40 hours.

This is not the case. instead a newcomer shooting a gun ( maxed at around lvl 11 or 12 I believe entropedia doesn't say.) which cost 102 ped per hour, would cycle 4080 ped during event, and achieve less than 120 kills per run. If he was lucky enough to get 90% return then we would still lose 400 ped or 40USD$.

If any new player played on what would be a normal game subscription cost of 100 - 200 ped, if cycling the same 20USD$ he would only be able to do approx 6 runs before he cycled below 100 ped on his card, and be unable to complete the next run fully! Btw all the loot dropping is TT fodder with 101 - 102% MU

with 3 - 4 runs (x118 kills ) needed to obtain 400 - 500 kills. he would only have a chance to loot maybe 1- 20 points depending on luck. How is that rewarding for the new player. Btw these statistics are being generous as most newbies will not be killing 110 per run as they won't have their weapons maxed.

I am not saying that they are entitled to upper lvl prizes, but they should have a decent chance at lower lvl prices. Example of prizes could have been the following.

Category 0 - 2015 Halloween Prize Examples said:
1st place - Chikari Oni UL + 2000 ped Universal Ammo ( keep in mind he likely shot twice that. )
2nd place - ISIS BL200 UL + 1000 ped Universal Ammo
3rd place - Zombie Adj Full Set + could be slightly better than Adj Pixie
4th place - 1000 ped Universal Ammo
5th place - 500 ped Universal Ammo
etc

My point is lvl 2 mobs should be lvl 2 mobs, and there should have been a newbie category for anyone under 50 agility or something to that effect. The event really has no rewards to encourage new players to participate, or entice them to deposit to support the game. Even I am turned off, by the cost vs low chances to win.

My only major point is there should be something for everyone, not uber gear, just an item worth a fond memory of the event. At least something for those willing to spend 40$ on MA's Halloween 2015

My hunting stats are below, I am interested in other peoples input.

Category 1 Halloween 2015 said:
Time Spent: 1 Hour

Mob: Zombie Dog Young Lvl 2
Kills: 118
Damage: 24,780

Equipment: Adj pixie, bp s1x1, vivo s10
Armo Decay: 1.43 ped
Shooting Cost Approx: 102 ped ( Based off 2.83 PEC/sec - includes gun decay + ammo )
Fap Decay: 1.80 ped

Total Cost of Run approx: 105 ped

nvm.........

Last edited:
1 mob costed you 0,8898 turnover ped avarage, my avarage return at hunting is 95 %, if you get same return you can kill 3371 mobs per month for normal 15 $/month suscribtion fee without any markups, if you gain a bit markup you can kill more mobs, if you gain 6 % markup you can kill for free as much as you like

You realize you got 0 points because the event hasn't even started?

nope i thought today was the 30th... my bad. Especially when I saw people looting halloween items and a halloween ring already.

don't feel bad, MA is not great on information, communication and explaining things. A few other issues have happened already this Halloween due to their skillful implementation.

event starts in one hour right.. cause midnight MA time?

When the event starts you also have to make sure u have the mission from Mr Pumpkin near the entrance to instance or your points won't count.

When the event starts you also have to make sure u have the mission from Mr Pumpkin near the entrance to instance or your points won't count.

Will there be 15 top prizes per category or total?

There are not categories in Halloween mayhem, it's all one single event with a single prize list but you can choose to hunt mobs of various levels depending on which level instance you enter (you don't have to always go in same level instance).

If you're a beginner this event probably isn't for you. Enter it for fun and experience and a wild outside chance of grabbing something.

You want low level zombies? I hear that there's an entire planet dedicated to that type of thing. Try visiting Zombhattan sometime.

it isn't about mobs being too hard it is about the event has nothing for anyone in prizes except those that will cycle 2k-3k peds per hour.

it isn't about mobs being too hard it is about the event has nothing for anyone in prizes except those that will cycle 2k-3k peds per hour.

Well you are not the first one nor the last one who rants about that,it's one big event and only big guys win but you can try to kill vampire boss in your cat and loot something nice if it's still possible,idk if this event will ever be like mayhem with keys and 1,2,3,4,5 cats that require certain skill lvl's to enter.I think it's to late to split in cat's now but if people ask in support case and most of them want the event to be like MM concept with skill based lvls and prizes then we maybe get that next year or maybe not ;) and you can still get that ring by opening boxes :rolleyes: no need to shoot in event.

Well you are not the first one nor the last one who rants about that,it's one big event and only big guys win but you can try to kill vampire boss in your cat and loot something nice if it's still possible,idk if this event will ever be like mayhem with keys and 1,2,3,4,5 cats that require certain skill lvl's to enter.I think it's to late to split in cat's now but if people ask in support case and most of them want the event to be like MM concept with skill based lvls and prizes then we maybe get that next year or maybe not ;) and you can still get that ring by opening boxes :rolleyes: no need to shoot in event.

Ya I know, just blowing off steam. MA needs to understand that it could have a larger player base if they didn't essentially say " ok 15 players out of 10,000" get a chance at something fun for holiday, MA needs to think inclusively.

I care a lot about those who would like to play that can maybe only do 10$ - 20US$ a month and the concept of community. They still contribute, they should still count.

Ring is another topic, I was super lucky and hit Ares Imp, and if I hit halloween ring too I would feel bad for those that have opened up 100x more boxes and got neither of those.

Back