Random temporary health gain?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
I just got kicked out of a mayhem instance right at the end, but something odd happened a few minutes into it.

I got a random temporary health increase. It was 2 points for 4 minutes. I had just killed a zombie thing, and a message popped up that said "Maximum Health increased to xxx" and a little buff icon showed up by my health bar with the rest of them.

The thing is that I had been in the instance for probably 15 minutes, so it couldn't be a delayed effect from something that someone did before I entered, and I had nothing on me that could produce the effect.

Is this something that has seen before, or is it some new silliness?

Same thing happened to me last night. According to a soc-mate it happens from time to time in the HM instance.

It's new and we all have had it at least once in the last few days....most people are just too self-absorbed to notice :D

And before the silly people talk, no it wasn't fireworks or any of that stuff. I was alone...in the woods, and no one was around!

i have had it 4 times happen while i was waiting last 5 min before the pumpkin spawned. also one time i had speed boost (i noticed it just after i got in as the effect ran out but it could have been from a firework that was shot while i was at the entrance televators)

Maybe someone shot a heart firework in another instance and everyone in that instance or any instance got the buff?

Oh goody. There weren't quite enough buffs already. And, seriously, what the hell good is a 2 hp boost???

I didn't even realize it was a new thing. I was pretty sure I have been getting this temp HP skill boost ever since skill boost was introduced. But then again I rarely check what the actual temp skill boost is when I get it :D

Reactions: das
I got one at LG, assumed it was fireworks.

It is the new fireworks from the boxes that give a effect to everyone in that area. So I am guessing if someone inside the instance pops one, everyone gets it

i have had it 4 times happen while i was waiting last 5 min before the pumpkin spawned. also one time i had speed boost (i noticed it just after i got in as the effect ran out but it could have been from a firework that was shot while i was at the entrance televators)

I had that happen a few weeks ago, and now that I think about it, it was the fireworks that granted the health boost. You nailed it!

And before the silly people talk, no it wasn't fireworks or any of that stuff. I was alone...in the woods, and no one was around!

Nothing was said about silly rodents...

If Taco poops in the woods, and there are no bears around to get offended, does it still count as totally insensitive politically incorrect cultural appropriation?

On a more serious note, I gained two buffs (HP and acceleration) today while standing at the storage in Twin Peaks, and I'm 99% sure there were no fireworks released. For now, it seems quite plausible Mindark's pushers are manually scattering around free samples of the new drug.

Nothing was said about silly rodents...

If Taco poops in the woods, and there are no bears around to get offended, does it still count as totally insensitive politically incorrect cultural appropriation?

On a more serious note, I gained two buffs (HP and acceleration) today while standing at the storage in Twin Peaks, and I'm 99% sure there were no fireworks released. For now, it seems quite plausible Mindark's pushers are manually scattering around free samples of the new drug.

I was at Twin Peaks earlier today, I saw the fireworks, and received those two buffs...

Back