SSD caching win 10

Society
Death Unlimited
Johan Roadkill Deadmeat
So win10 messed up my rapid start and SSD cache(I have a 1TB HD with a 25GB SSD) but I fixed them again but I'm not 100% sure it's working correctly.

Any tech-wiz know if tiered cache stats are supposed to be at 0?

This is the lastest Express cache for win 10 from Lenovo made to work for Acer(v5) and I can't remember how it looked like before I upgraded from win8.1.

So anyone knows if I'm only supposed to be caching or also tiering for it to work properly?

I set 8gb(same as my RAM) for the rapid start and the remaining memory for caching

Code:
"Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ECCmd -info
ExpressCache Command Version 1.3.118.0
Copyright® 2010-2014 Condusiv Technologies.
Date Time: 11/21/2015 1:48:45:586 ()

EC Cache Info
==================================================

Mounted                   : Yes
Partition Size            : 14.55 GB
Reserved Size             : 2.00 MB
Volume Size               : 14.55 GB
Total Used Size           : 1.65 GB
Total Free Space          : 12.90 GB
Used Data Size            : 1.58 GB
Used Data Size on Disk    : 1.65 GB

Tiered Cache Stats
Memory in use             : 0 Bytes
Blocks in use             : 0
Read Percent              : 0.00%

Cache Stats
Cache Volume Drive Number : 1
Total Read Count          : 33032
Total Read Size           : 2.07 GB
Total Cache Read Count    : 16442
Total Cache Read Size     : 1.09 GB
Total Write Count         : 1365
Total Write Size          : 50.20 MB
Total Cache Write Count   : 189
Total Cache Write Size    : 16.32 MB

Cache Read Percent        : 52.91%
Cache Write Percent       : 32.51%"

should also mention that my Hibernation has been reluctant to start sometimes lately but I can't acess BIOS because that screen is skipped completly :/
any fix for that or do I have to remove the HD and then try acess BIOS?

cheers!

i dont know anything about that stuff, but my laptop loops sometimes coming out of hibernation or sleep or whatever its called when you shut the lid. I have to pull the battery unplug it and then hold down the power button, put the battery back in and plug it in and it starts up fine again. Has been happening once or twice a week.

i dont know anything about that stuff, but my laptop loops sometimes coming out of hibernation or sleep or whatever its called when you shut the lid. I have to pull the battery unplug it and then hold down the power button, put the battery back in and plug it in and it starts up fine again. Has been happening once or twice a week.

your windows power configurations and your BIOS power configurations might not match, I'd go in to BIOS and have a look.

Also check if the boot order is correct, Having an external HD or even USB can sometimes mess with the booting

if nothing is wrong there then try turning of windows fast startup and "remove" hibernation then "re-installing" it

you might have a currupt file so removing it and re-creating it could help..otherwise try turning it off in the power menu

to do the later open the admin command promt and type:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off

powercfg.exe /hibernate on

I've also heard of freak case where auto-hide taskbar has prevented startup from hibernation

I hope that might help you some atleast ^^

Back