Can MindArk ''force'' the players to deposit ?

ken.ji

Old Alpha
First kenji Forever
WARNING: This is not a whinning post! Just asking around to see if anyone has same thoughts as me.

Hello. I will tell my story in few words (I am almost 4 years old player in EU so dont hurry to give me advices about how to play).

I was non-depositor since always, managed to withdraw some peds (hard work, no scams, no tricks). Been skilling in hunting since I started (I dont like mining, but I do a little crafting on Cyrene with 2-3 bps). Loot wasnt to bad and I managed to survive from hunting untill this year. In summer withdrew biggest ped amount to date. After it, I played like I did it since always (with ups and downs). After the introductions of Strongboxes and Paypal deposits I remembered I have 8$ in paypal. Since you cant (?) withdraw so low amount from paypal I decided to buy 5 strongboxes from EU webshop (big mistake!).

Since I did this step, my gameplay changed drastically. MA saw that from a non-depositor (from the beginning), I became depositor (even if it was only $ 5) and started to cut off all my returns ingame. My setup was the same, I was/am always eco, I dont hunt big mobs (still have millions of small mobs to go), naked hunter (only with fap), nothing changed about how I hunt or play the game.

I must say again, I am not complaining, had lots of fun and considering I got money from the game, my goal was achieved. Now, playing only for my avatar to become better skilled and have fun in hunting and with soc/friends.

What are your thoughts about this? Can MindArk force the players to deposit by giving them bad loot on and on?

What you are seeing is most likely a coincidence. It would have happened sooner or later even if you had not bought the boxes.

Can MindArk force the players to deposit by giving them bad loot on and on?

No. MindArk can't force anyone to deposit. All decisions about gameplay style, activity, investment etc is down to the individual alone. There are no individual loot settings so no player can be 'given' bad loot intentionally.

You decide it is need or not. I have enough deposits in the past - I do not need depo anymore. Now I only withdraw money. The exception was once when I played a lottery (boxes). When I realized that I won crap, I stopped playing with boxes. Now my income is $ 50+ in a week (3-4 hours active playing per day). And quite happy with this. MA now can only force to stop my gameplay (If they cut my return), but cannot force me to do a depo.

It can't but if it can the world will be better place.

For the last 5 years when I deposit next day I make double money in RL and usualy think the gods are switching the RL loot button on me, but still not sure.

Yes they can, be careful when you hear the doorbell late at night. It might be MA's enforcer team making sure you do your deposit.

Other then that: You're being paranoid.

Played for 8 years without depositing, and now 2 years with, don't see any difference in returns (as long as i keep adapting and don't keep stuck in a previous mindset).

Can Lottery company force me buy tickets??? I used to get lottery ticket from my grandmother every christmas and always profited, BUT now once i bought it myself and i didnt win... and now my grandma gave me another ticket and it didnt win either...

Damn you lottery company for my previous good luck!

I am long time regular depositor, and it doesn´t matter if you deposit or not, loot can be good or bad. for everyone :D

No MA can´t force me to deposit, its my own decission to deposit regularly altough I wouldn´t need doing it.
Its my way to support MA to keep EU alive.
Without deposits MA would go bankrupt and EU would die, then I would lose everything I own ingame (what is a lot money).
I pay for my fun thats all, like I did with other MMOs aswell, where I had to pay a fixed amount of $ every month.

Did I ever withdraw -- NO
Do I want to withdraw -- well, when I stop playing the game, then maybe

Its not all about money!

Its not all about money!

Just one question - what to do with money, if you cannot (or don't want) to grow anymore and have (or had) all what you want? ;)

As a game developer, i just can say yes, it give a lot ways, to force ppl to make deposite.

Possible to setup a parameter at the player, named LUCK. If that parameter is high, you get more nice loot. If that parameter is low. you can do what you want, and all peds going away.

I don't say MA is using a such parameter! But basicaly possible to use a such parameter to controll things.

It is up at us, to believe, that MA is fair, and don't manipulate us player with such LUCK parameter. But we never will know what going on behind the wall :)

Reactions: ZPF
What are your thoughts about this? Can MindArk force the players to deposit by giving them bad loot on and on?

MIndArk offer their product and their services but they do not force to buy it in advance (no monthly subscription).
Its on you to decide if you want to have fun and how much and pay according to your needs for entertainment.
Take into account that half of EU players do not play it as a game and for fun but for frustration if they do not profit.

Yeah they can, by investing time and effort on useless stuff like pets and choking loot to a point where you need to deposit to go on.

MIndArk offer their product and their services but they do not force to buy it in advance (no monthly subscription).
Its on you to decide if you want to have fun and how much and pay according to your needs for entertainment.
Take into account that half of EU players do not play it as a game and for fun but for frustration if they do not profit.

Force to buy more peds - no

Promote and lure to buy more peds - absolutly yes!

Nail has truly been hit on the head. Sums it up very nicely.

It is in MindArk's interest to get people depositing money into the game. This is absolutely what we would expect them to do.

When it comes to deposit money is always important to remember not to deposit more than you can afford to but no they cant force you to do that.

then the aspects of the game that shows whether it is worth making deposits and continue to do this, there is always a balance.

:poke:

I already said in my first post that I reached my goal. I wasnt a gamer before EU (played only few racing games), but I joined this game to see if its true that you can make money from a game. Its hard, demand a lot of work and dedication but its possible. I am no quitter, will make my way up again, but I dont want MA to give me bad loot again and again, because they saw I deposited once and they think I might do it again. That wouldnt be proffesional from their side.
I want to think that depositing should come from the player choice (cause he want to support the game or to make his life easyer ingame) and not to be forced to do it, because he lost daily (with 50-80% returns) and his PED balance is near to 0.

I already said in my first post that I reached my goal. I wasnt a gamer before EU (played only few racing games), but I joined this game to see if its true that you can make money from a game. Its hard, demand a lot of work and dedication but its possible. I am no quitter, will make my way up again, but I dont want MA to give me bad loot again and again, because they saw I deposited once and they think I might do it again. That wouldnt be proffesional from their side.
I want to think that depositing should come from the player choice (cause he want to support the game or to make his life easyer ingame) and not to be forced to do it, because he lost daily (with 50-80% returns) and his PED balance is near to 0.

What happens is that if you get stuck in a pattern, doing the same thing week after week, month after month, sooner or later you will hit a bad streak. EU is a living organism, your avatar is changing all the time in regards to skills and such. It is very often a good idea to try different things when you hit a bad streak. Try new L weapons, try new monsters, try new areas, try another profession. Adapting to the situation and try many different things is what have made it work for me personally.

What happens is that if you get stuck in a pattern, doing the same thing week after week, month after month, sooner or later you will hit a bad streak. EU is a living organism, your avatar is changing all the time in regards to skills and such. It is very often a good idea to try different things when you hit a bad streak. Try new L weapons, try new monsters, try new areas, try another profession. Adapting to the situation and try many different things is what have made it work for me personally.

That would be a bit hard to do if you are in and doing missions because the you are forced to follow a certain pattern for a long time and often it cost a lot of Money especially with the bigger mobs.

That would be a bit hard to do if you are in and doing missions because the you are forced to follow a certain pattern for a long time and often it cost a lot of Money especially with the bigger mobs.

I think that all the hunting missions are meant to be completed in sessions over time for best result. Personally I have picked up all available missions, and work on them each a step at the time. 500 kills here, 500 kills there, back to another one and so on. I am not saying it is correct, it is just what have worked best for me.

"that's why we set return rate to 45% it'u:lolup:"

yes "choosens avatar"...
MA's avatar partner gettin ATH...
MA's partner bragging on forum that "they never deposit and withraw a lot"...
bla bla bla ...

:smoke:

few thing making believe you that "yes it's possible for me too!"

Last edited:
yes and no, but most importantly, players have to understand what they are paying for :)

It can't but if it can the world will be better place.

For the last 5 years when I deposit next day I make double money in RL and usualy think the gods are switching the RL loot button on me, but still not sure.

Dude, that's just because you always deposit half your paycheck just before payday...

Thing is it's all about your gameplay, MA in no way forces anyone to deposit, but if you don't have the peds to do what (you are used to) want then one of the way is to deposit, but that is up to you in the end.

I think that all the hunting missions are meant to be completed in sessions over time for best result. Personally I have picked up all available missions, and work on them each a step at the time. 500 kills here, 500 kills there, back to another one and so on. I am not saying it is correct, it is just what have worked best for me.

I think that's how it was designed but we all know that players in EU aren't like that, they'll sit there for days or weeks blasting at the same thing to complete the chain and then complain they got poor loot or not enough globals / hofs to cover it.

Back to the topic, they can force players to deposit provided they've got the person involved seriously addicted. I think some of the changes over the past few years were meant to play on that and to encourage more depositing - the strong boxes being the latest.

Just watched the video :rofl:

Last edited:
so many true in this video

I think MA can change your return to for exemple 75-85% to make you run out peds and be forced to deposit if you want continue playing :laugh:. If before with 90% you break even or need deposit small amount to cover your loss.

Exemple 1: 10000 peds circled with 90% tt and 15% mu 9000+15%=10350 PEDs profit 350PEDs

Exemple 2: 10000 peds circled with 85% tt and same 15% mu 85+15%= 9775 PEDs loss -225PEDs

Exemple 3: 10000 peds circled with 75% tt and 15% mu 7500+15% = 8625 PEDs loss -1375 PEDs

If you in low bankroll will be forced to deposit. Maybe before with 2000 peds in bankroll was easy to continue at 90 and 85% but with 75% you will take an huge hit.

Sorry for my very bad english. Long time i dont post too.

In a way I'd say no
I was a non depositor for over 8 years and even did a post targeted mostly for fun

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?278643-I-finally-did-it!&highlight=

Start is rough, no doubts, but its doable but you will consider your time VS cash you could invest to save that time.

And in a way i'd say yes.

Due to some circunstances i withdrew few times, 5 digit sums, and it hasnt failed one time after a withdrawls my returns sharply settle at 60-70% for a long period
As if i get punished from withdrawl (even tho i asked and I was told has no relation whatsoever)
It wasnt the first time, is why I wonder.

Tho I do know players that consistently claim to withdrawl and by no means they are affected.

Back