Items bought worth 0 ped when TT'd

"Food Stamps stimulate the economy by creating about $1.80 of economic activity for every dollar of Food Stamps spent. Social Secuity pumps up job-generating and business activity by about $2 for every dollar recipients spend." By giving us our peds back, we will boost economy

Food stamps and the likes are a proven defective strategy .. doesn't have the desired consequences and has a lot of unintended consequences.

If you want a community and by consequence an economy (without the first, the second doesn't work) to flourish, there's need for other strategies.. actually there's a need to look beyond the strategies to the needs, only then can one find a solution to satisfy them.

lol...

If you could TT those rings.. what would stop anyone from buying 100k usd worth of boxes, selling the UL rings for markup and TT´ing the rest and withdrawing.

When you are webshop, it CLEARLY says some of those items cant be TT´ed. You did not pay for those L rings, you received them as a prize from 1usd lottery ticket. You bought Lottery ticket and not L ring.

I also have over 1k ped tt worth of untradeable items, BUT it was the risk i was willing to take. Dont play lottery if you cant afford it.

If they become tradeable i would be super pissed if had any UL ring on me, as they would be worthless within weeks.

You all knew those things are account bound before you buy strongboxes!
But you spend your money on them anyway.
I can say, this request is at least.... "strange".

I didn't bought not even one such crap and i'm glad.

edit: I agree with whiteknut. You bought lottery tickets and now after the "draw", you got the "shit", and you ask your money back. Fair action from MA is to allow TT for zero PED.

Last edited:
edit: I agree with whiteknut. You bought lottery tickets and now after the "draw", you got the "shit", and you ask your money back. Fair action from MA is to allow TT for zero PED.

Actually i yhink he won the lottery (some UL rings) and wants the money back for the tickets that didn't win :)

lol...

If you could TT those rings.. what would stop anyone from buying 100k usd worth of boxes, selling the UL rings for markup and TT´ing the rest and withdrawing.

The ammo can still stop people! MA will still get their 10% cut on hunting with the ammo so why do they even care so much?! :eyecrazy:

The ammo can still stop people! MA will still get their 10% cut on hunting with the ammo so why do they even care so much?! :eyecrazy:

Why do MA care about item markups? Yeah cause destroying items with 30k ped markup is very reasonable (that would happen if you could start tt´ing crap you get from basically lottery tickets).
About AMMO, so you think it is ok for some items to be Non tt´able while others not?
Dont play the lotto, and you wont have the problem.

Last edited:
Why do MA care about item markups? Yeah cause destroying items with 30k ped markup is very reasonable (that would happen if you could start tt´ing crap you get from basically lottery tickets).

MA has been destroying item markups for years.. why stop now?

MA has been destroying item markups for years.. why stop now?

See you dont enjoy it. So why force MA to do it? Let the strongbox system stay as it is, if someone doesnt like it, not buying is always an option.

When you are webshop, it CLEARLY says some of those items cant be TT´ed. You did not pay for those L rings, you received them as a prize from 1usd lottery ticket. You bought Lottery ticket and not L ring.

This is where you are wrong.
If the boxes are a Lottery, then I want to see the Lottery licence has it is required to be visible... but its not a Lottery and MA doesn't have a Lottery or a gambling licence.

It is a RCE and the rings were paid for at the cost of $1, because they have to give you $1 worth of TT for every box opened.

Last edited:
It is a RCE and the rings were paid for at the cost of $1, because they have to give you $1 worth of TT for every box opened.

Not true. You can buy AUDs from webshop for example, no TT on them.

But yeah it is not LOTTERY as in terms of local legislation, it is Lottery as gambling, you never know what you get, it is a surprise, you can get shit and you can get gold. But you shouldnt be able to sell back the shit, so you only get gold (otherwise the value of gold also drops).

So dont buy these boxes, every buyer has to know what they are buying ,and it clearly indicates in desrpition that you CAN get stuff that you cannot tt. So why make others (those who bought the boxes, took the risk and got good UL rings) to pay for your bad luck?

EU a NON-RCE game? :eyecrazy: If this game stopped being a RCE, I can bet you that this game would be DEAD in less than a month :) I dont know any player that plays it because of the gameplay. There are so many other BETTER and FREE games out there... people would forget that EU existed after 2-3 months :)

You think? Yes tell MA that. But sorry to say they have been killing the MU of most items in game for years and now are bring out more and more User Bound items all the while selling the game off to other companies. Sucks I even typed this.

2015-10-30 22:35 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Cat,

Thank you for your support case.

As these items are obtained by a discount through a strongbox they are unfortunately not available to be sold or traded at this time.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

What was the value of discount?

That is exactly my point... the AUDs can be tt'd for their tt value (in this case 0) and were sold like that.
The rings have 8 to 10 ped TT and you cant tt then for their tt value

. So why make others (those who bought the boxes, took the risk and got good UL rings) to pay for your bad luck?

It wasnt bad luck I got 5 UL rings and sold 2 for 1x 24k and 1x 18k and still have 3 more
I am not complaining about having good or bad luck, my question on the OP was "So does anyone know how it works?" but you failed to read that because you wanted to come here do what you do on every other thread

But yeah it is not LOTTERY as in terms of local legislation, it is Lottery as gambling, you never know what you get, it is a surprise, you can get shit and you can get gold. But you shouldnt be able to sell back the shit, so you only get gold (otherwise the value of gold also drops).

So dont buy these boxes, every buyer has to know what they are buying ,and it clearly indicates in desrpition that you CAN get stuff that you cannot tt. So why make others (those who bought the boxes, took the risk and got good UL rings) to pay for your bad luck?

Its so easy to introduce something like that and say that they will have a solution for it in future. First if item function is not total developed so that tells me that those items shouldn't be introduced till they are ready thats all. 2nd there was no discount or whatever support says those kind of bullshits they try to say to us, are not acceptable in RCE game. i Payed for those items is not like they offered them to me.
we need more communication with players, i play other games and never saw a lack of communication like in Here.

Thread is long, so this might've been mentioned

The reason behind why you can't TT everything is a because mindark would put themself in a situation in which they will have an increase in withdrawels versus income.

Scenario:

Player A buy 1 strongbox - This strongbox gives him a UL improved Ares Ring (worth 5k)

Player B buys this Ares ring for 5k by money he alread had in the game.

Player A Withraws 500$, he gambled and he won, no skills neccesary, they never earned a dime on him.

Now mindark can give out quite alot of UL rings, and still win highly buy selling strongboxes... Why? because people who aint getting UL rings have tied in peds through (L) rings and pills which are now pure profit for mindark. So those withdrawels they're risking with these UL rings are a neccesarity to earn even more money.

If you all could TT it, those money you had tied in to the game which pays for the withdrawels on the sellable stuff is now "loose" money, thus mindark would risk not getting that much of a profit out of selling strongboxes

This is hard to explain.. i tried :)

The reason behind why you can't TT everything is a because mindark would put themself in a situation in which they will have an increase in withdrawels versus income.

I get what you're trying to say.. but it's not all fact. The $500 withdrawn, previously sitting in the game, wasn't making MA money as it stood anyways. The withdraw was funded by that guys personal stash or deposit.. MA didn't lose a cent. The guy could withdraw it regardless at any time.. nobody likes to sit on 5k peds without a use.

The mass amounts of boxes bought forced hundreds of thousands...millions.. of ammo to be forcefully hunted with, generating actual money for MA. Allowing us to TT OUR ped would just promote more box buying and generated REAL profit..

I get what you're trying to say.. but it's not all fact. The $500 withdrawn, previously sitting in the game, wasn't making MA money as it stood anyways. The withdraw was funded by that guys personal stash or deposit.. MA didn't lose a cent. The guy could withdraw it regardless at any time.. nobody likes to sit on 5k peds without a use.

The mass amounts of boxes bought forced hundreds of thousands...millions.. of ammo to be forcefully hunted with, generating actual money for MA. Allowing us to TT OUR ped would just promote more box buying and generated REAL profit..

MA can choose whether they give back ppl 90% of tt (average return on using ammo) or give back very small % (because of all the nontradeable stuff). Which would you choose if you had 100 USD? WOuld you give 90USD to every customer OR give them something as good as 90USD but that doesnt cost you anything)
In current situation UL rings are rather expensive and good to own, IF MA ever decided to make em tradebale, UL ring prices would drop, which would lead less and less boxes sold (as you cant loot anything nice anymore)..
What i am trying to say , destroying the only good aspect of boxes (chance to loot expensive items) will also destroy the sales (soon enough). So it wouldnt generate real profit, but would kill the box business.

NB! This all stops (ppl whining about those unttable items) after L rings start decaying.. (as it is said, that they can in the future).. I can only imagine the moaning that will start then.. I have been wearing some L rings since the day they were introduced cause they give some nice buffs for no charge, but if they start charging and making it more uneco to hunt, i am sure the whole situation might change)

MA can choose whether they give back ppl 90% of tt (average return on using ammo) or give back very small % (because of all the nontradeable stuff). Which would you choose if you had 100 USD? WOuld you give 90USD to every customer OR give them something as good as 90USD but that doesnt cost you anything)
In current situation UL rings are rather expensive and good to own, IF MA ever decided to make em tradebale, UL ring prices would drop, which would lead less and less boxes sold (as you cant loot anything nice anymore)..
What i am trying to say , destroying the only good aspect of boxes (chance to loot expensive items) will also destroy the sales (soon enough). So it wouldnt generate real profit, but would kill the box business.

NB! This all stops (ppl whining about those unttable items) after L rings start decaying.. (as it is said, that they can in the future).. I can only imagine the moaning that will start then.. I have been wearing some L rings since the day they were introduced cause they give some nice buffs for no charge, but if they start charging and making it more uneco to hunt, i am sure the whole situation might change)

MA doesn't take 10% of your amo.
You are stuck on something you heard and then speak without having the knowledge.
Ma takes 0% of your amo, MA's source of revenue is from decay, witch for 1 person could be 5% and another 20% or more.
When it comes to your boxes and ring comments I will not even speak because your ignorance speaks for itself.

MA doesn't take 10% of your amo.
You are stuck on something you heard and then speak without having the knowledge.
Ma takes 0% of your amo, MA's source of revenue is from decay, witch for 1 person could be 5% and another 20% or more.
When it comes to your boxes and ring comments I will not even speak because your ignorance speaks for itself.

? i was being very simple to explain it. If you put 100ped in (99pedammo+1 ped gun decay for example) you get back average 90ped. (thats what most of the logs here on forum also show)..

But i see you love bashing more than thinking so yeah i am ignorant.

So sad but true. I had the feeling this year while waiting for Arkadia to get its' sound back that this game is turning away from a RCE based game as each update was without sound yet more and more User Bound items. The good news from what I got so far is many of the new players like this idea of a non-RCE game here so maybe it's a good thing?:scratch2:

So yes for the old time players be warned. MA will be releasing more and more cool stuff but most likely it will be User Bound. As I put long ago this would be, sorry is, one way that MA will be locking ped into game.

Yeah but this User Bound stuff is all Arkadia's fault to begin with so if no sound comes from there maybe we won't hear their next bad idea!

Yeah but this User Bound stuff is all Arkadia's fault to begin with so if no sound comes from there maybe we won't hear their next bad idea!

Not really. The arkadia Armor can be TT'd for its TT value

Withenuts and pokerpro please use another thread.

Thread is long, so this might've been mentioned

Scenario:

Player A buy 1 strongbox - This strongbox gives him a UL improved Ares Ring (worth 5k)

Player B buys this Ares ring for 5k by money he alread had in the game.

Player A Withraws 500$, he gambled and he won, no skills neccesary, they never earned a dime on him.

Now mindark can give out quite alot of UL rings, and still win highly buy selling strongboxes... Why? because people who aint getting UL rings have tied in peds through (L) rings and pills which are now pure profit for mindark. So those withdrawels they're risking with these UL rings are a neccesarity to earn even more money.

If you all could TT it, those money you had tied in to the game which pays for the withdrawels on the sellable stuff is now "loose" money, thus mindark would risk not getting that much of a profit out of selling strongboxes

This is hard to explain.. i tried :)

It is for this reason. Granted, I think we should be able to TT the rings and sell the skill pills (because I would buy a ton of them) but the avatar-bound stuff has a reason.. it is a double edged sword. I don't mind the avatar bound stuff as long as we can TT the value of the item. I'm perfectly fine with the clothes on Arkadia, for example, to only TT for 40ped even though I paid 1000ped for it to continue the mission.. knowing that the 960ped went to Arkadia development (and a cut to Mindark) for the new content.

New content is expensive. The sole-decay model of profit for MA and planet partners is not enough for continued investment and development. I've always been under the impression that the explosive projectiles blueprints were a way for the game (for many reasons) to induce more turnover.. and thus allow more dollars for mindark to a) make the game more solvent and b) for the needed capital for development of things that will, by their existance, help make the game be more solvent (decay on rings, etc). We can argue about it being TT food and what it has done to the economy as a whole but we all know that some changes needed to be made so that Mindark stopped posting a loss (albeit a SMALLER loss) year over year. We will be seeing more of this model.

The UA also needed to be in the strongboxes because it would not be a good thing if people could buy a bunch of boxes, TT it all, and then withdrawal.. rinse and repeat. They have to at least cycle the ammo first. For some, that is pretty easy because some can cycle 20k in a day. Others like myself, can only go 700-800ped an hour.

In the end, I suspect that all the changes this year to make the game's financial stability much better. I can say that after explosives and strongboxes didn't allow the game to post in the green (and they didn't go out and buy a castle in celebration) considering their magnitude of use.. then well.... need to have a longer think about the game.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the intention is when MA first decided to switch the business model to introduce a lot of "Avatar Bounded" items. There are several advantages from a business owner and consumer stand point. The following is what I think they are:

MA:
More money stays in-game (to be cycled). E.g., Universal Ammo, UL clothes, armor and weapon. This would effectively increase MA's economic buffer by a certain ratio.
The markup or the cost to acquire the items, would be absorbed by MA. E.g., Tiering ingredients, Mission Galactica, featured pills. (I guess instance keys would fall in this category as well, but I'm really against this thought/business model)

Consumer:
Prevent scams. I.e., since the items are bound, there is no way it could be scammed by another player.

I am sure there are deep economical reasons behind MA's decisions. But I do agree that the bottom line is, if you purchased the item with USD, the virtual item should honestly and equivalently reflect the whole value.

Last edited:
I am sure there are deep economical reasons behind MA's decisions. But I do agree that the bottom line is, if you purchased the item with USD, the virtual item should honestly and equivalently reflect the whole value.

Thank god most of those untradeable items are not bought with USD, but gotten as prizes for events, strongboxes etc.
On every item you buy with USD i agree they should be atleast tt´able (like starter pack armors and such), but everything else should stay as they are, because "Luck" factor is included and changing the system now would mean those who were lucky enough getting something good out of boxes for example - would be punished for having big balls and taking a risk knowing that you might loot something crap that is basically worthless (untradeable).

Back