Six clients running! No Global again!

That happened often on cyrene as well, it seems if no Calypso or Arkadia, did not happened.

To my knowledge, 3 clients are required on different ips. If you know that 6 are actually running, please raise a support ticket in EL or message me in game and I can verify.

There are currently 6 running currently. I'll ask some El friends to stop by this thread.

To my knowledge, 3 clients are required on different ips. If you know that 6 are actually running, please raise a support ticket in EL or message me in game and I can verify.

There are currently 6 running currently. I'll ask some El friends to stop by this thread.

Hey Billy Jean,

I'm looking into the issue, 6 active clients should be enough to catch globals and register with no problems.

I reported this in the past and nothing was done, I was just ignored.
Missed global, support case filed
Guess I should have mentioned how many clients that was detected by the site.

As explained to me by those more adept than I am in the programming area of EL:

More than likely, its due to time gap between each "client check". Your tracker client feeds data to the EL server live (which is why you can almost instantly see globals on EL after they've been tracked).

The server however, needs to make intermittent checks to the clients for the "# of clients online", otherwise that additional data processing would put a lot of demand on the server, the client, and your PC (causing lag and annoyances all around).

Example:
1:00 MA time, 6 clients are verified by the server as online, EL shows 6 clients for 10 minutes.
1:02 MA time, 1 client logs off (now 5 clients active)
1:04 MA time, 1 user flys off planet (now 4 clients active)
1:06 MA time, you get a global (not reported due to minimum reporting not being met)
1:07 MA time, you check EL and see no global, and 6 active still
1:08 MA time, 1 client logs back in (5 active)
1:10 MA time, 1 person flys into planet (6 active) EL checks, yup 6 active, shows on EL
1:12 MA time, you check for your global again, no global, and still EL shows 6 clients (WTF where's my global??)

What you see on the front end, is 6 active clients the whole time, what EL server sees is this ^^.

Hope that helps to explain this issue, when the client count is right on the line like that, it just takes 1 or 2 clients disconnecting briefly to go from "all globals tracking nicely" to "wtf? where did those last 2 globals go?

Simple solution is more clients so there's extra to cover the logoffs, crashes, etc. We'll look into other options of optimizing the situation as well.

Last edited:
Any chance that the trackers might look at people in hell and rocktropia as different planets? Just curious.

You mentioned globals on RT, could you be specific on what creature? Because last time I visited RT for instance when I went to SI it didnt show globals from RT, but I do see the NI globals (also SI globals I see on NI). However if the tracker is setup to sees SI part of RT, you might not have had enough trackers in the section you were hunting.
Example being:
4 trackers on RT, 2 trackers in SI.... counts as 6 by the EL tracker however if you global on SI it wouldnt register since it only has 2 trackers on SI (unless there are some more trackers on NI)

Maybe if the owners fixed the global capture software so it actually takes a pic that isn't blacked out. Maybe more players would use it.

PS: that "Fix" they like to say works, doesn't work for me at all. That's why I don't use it.

to
/Meculus: Yes, it seems this is the reason. I saw 6 clients all the time but in meantime there was changes (ppl log off and on or took off planet etc) Thank you for investigate my issues

/Wauspaus: I global on Atrox on RT not SI :) (attached screenshot at OP)

Thanks guys for your responses

Last edited:
Simple solution is more clients so there's extra to cover the logoffs, crashes, etc. We'll look into other options of optimizing the situation as well.

Just have an "unofficial" list that tracks all globals even if there is only one client running and re-run the data. That way everyone will be happy, people will see all their globals and events can still use the official list that requires 3 running clients. Cyrene frequently has more than 3 people claiming to be running the client while globals aren't tracked as well.

I still don't understand why the game cannot furnish this information. As a crafter globals get missed when they are the same amount back to back. the information is just not complete. I do like the screenshot ability.... I think more can be done with this app, but nothing new has come out in a while.

Just have an "unofficial" list that tracks all globals even if there is only one client running and re-run the data. That way everyone will be happy, people will see all their globals and events can still use the official list that requires 3 running clients. Cyrene frequently has more than 3 people claiming to be running the client while globals aren't tracked as well.

I still don't understand why the game cannot furnish this information. As a crafter globals get missed when they are the same amount back to back. the information is just not complete. I do like the screenshot ability.... I think more can be done with this app, but nothing new has come out in a while.

It would be interesting to know if this is MA's ruling to have 6 clients running for them to be able to have such a service? With this system there is still a margin for error whereas if MA were to setup a system the stats would be overwhelming fact which as we know MA does like to hides items like this and make it a bit hard for us to find the end result.:scratch2:

Since we can't ask MA to support EL (as OZ wrote), an option for the client to get "unverified"/unofficial stats-globals-HoF's for our personal use would be great (+1 Karmic).
LA owners always can use the official site stats.

I know it's hard such change but....it's feedback :)

It would be interesting to know if this is MA's ruling to have 6 clients running for them to be able to have such a service? With this system there is still a margin for error whereas if MA were to setup a system the stats would be overwhelming fact which as we know MA does like to hides items like this and make it a bit hard for us to find the end result.:scratch2:

The requirement is 3 and not 6. Doesn't have anything to do with mindark. Just prevents people from doing manipulation.

The requirement is 3 and not 6. Doesn't have anything to do with mindark. Just prevents people from doing manipulation.

Yes know why more than once source is needed on different IPs just sure if MA had any type or rules EL had to follow. If no rules are set then yes I'd go all for seeing an unofficial posting of Globals.

BTW, anyone from EL (client side programmer) can you please PM me..

Back