Increase Spawn Rates of Fruits to Make Taming More Affordable

OK, agree it should drop more.
6 months ago, i find at every hunt or mining run some fruits. At moment i find at every 10 runs maybe 30 fruits.
So some thing is of sure changed in the drop rate. May be it is just at me, also when i do the same as always.

Now, since i find much less fruits, and the price of bars is that high, i just don't skill pet's.. it cost too much.
I think i'm not alone, doing so. This means a lot less ppl using bars, about that situation.

I don't think new players can affort that food price for pet's.
Mu of bars should not be higher as 150%, if you ask me.

edit:
It is also not fair, that fruits have a higher MU as sweet stuff. Fruits you get for free, but for sweet stuff you need to use probs for the finder and pay decay.

Just my tought's.

If you dont find enough fruit do whine less and mine more, thats where I usually find my fruits like a lot people here:

340 Papplon 749 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
44 Bombardo 557 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
241 Caroot 133 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
288 Haimoros 118 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)

If mining markups wouldnt suck so badly I guess I had collected 3 times that because I had do more runs then

actually fruit spawn increased since pets re-implemented. But the numbers of each spawn are reduced. Anyone remember when we could found 200-500 papplon at once? Now 20-50 is a big hit!

2015-11-11 10:41:42 [System] [] Picked up Papplon (372).
2015-12-10 18:46:16 [System] [] Picked up Bombardo (221).

Nah still possible, depends on spots where you are.

And no we don't need more spawns, they are fine as they are now.
Most noobs go sweat, finding fruits is more lucrative then sweating.

2015-11-11 10:41:42 [System] [] Picked up Papplon (372).
2015-12-10 18:46:16 [System] [] Picked up Bombardo (221).

Nah still possible, depends on spots where you are.

And no we don't need more spawns, they are fine as they are now.
Most noobs go sweat, finding fruits is more lucrative then sweating.

I don't changed my game play since more as 1 year, but i really find fruits rarely. Remember i got near every run some fruits, but now i may find 200 fruits in total, since 6 months.

May new players find it more lucrative...
Ofc! if the price is that high! But less ppl food the pets since it is that expensive. And how i told before, sweet stuff cost ped to find, but fruits are free. Why fruits are that expensive?

Better they make sweetstuff rare and not fruits.
One is sure, i dont buy bars, for 300% and more, also when my pets must rest in storage about the high price for food.
I don't only have to feed 1 pet :)

That all is my toughts, and what i see and get about fruits. It is not whining, it is just the facts i get and see and what i do think could be better. NP, if the price is that high, I just don't give my pets food, if it cost that much.

but i really find fruits rarely

I collect fruits in every mining session. They are not rare, but there are areas with fruits, and some areas almost without them (psst! It's a secret! :laugh:)

Miners get the fruit, hunters are somewhat more busy with staying alive rather than observing what they are stepping in.

Mirrors my own experience, but good to see 3 digit drop rates for those who play in 3rd person. :)

Want fruit, get mining

:tower:

I have more problems finding sweetstuff then fruits.

If you dont find enough fruit do whine less and mine more, thats where I usually find my fruits like a lot people here:

340 Papplon 749 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
44 Bombardo 557 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
241 Caroot 133 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)
288 Haimoros 118 0.00 PED STORAGE (Calypso)

If mining markups wouldnt suck so badly I guess I had collected 3 times that because I had do more runs then

I find all my fruit hunting and although I buy some now or then, or nutrios, I still have k's left over from pre VU10 but if you think that list above is a lot of fruit... it really, really isn't! :)

I find all my fruit hunting and although I buy some now or then, or nutrios, I still have k's left over from pre VU10 but if you think that list above is a lot of fruit... it really, really isn't! :)

Do you hunt 3rd person?

I used to, but various VU changes over the years made me an Unreal Tournament player again :whistle:

Had to go to 1st reluctantly.

Why fruits are that expensive?

I think its got to do with the time you need to spend to find them.

On average, on Calypso, I think you'll need to spend about 1 hour to find (at best) 3 stacks of "something" (can be fruits, stones or dung)...but can be less than that or slightly more depending on your luck.

And if they happen to be fruits, its more or less about XX (two digits) per stack (on calypso).

Most people would rather not waste that massive amount of time to walk around (for a chance) to find them and would rather settle for the equally time-wasting task of sweating....since in sweating, you can at least get some bottles of it...in a matter of minutes...even if its only a couple. (But the same can't be said for walking around looking for stuff on the ground.)

Besides...you can afk to sweat but you can't do that for fruit walking. You have to stare constantly and intensively at your screen for ages...and that can take a massive toll on your sanity...oftentimes wondering if it was your eyes playing tricks on you or did something pop up and disappear just a second ago (if you get what I mean).

Furthermore, its also tiring to be walking around looking for them whilst with the constant threat of being "chased" by something...and having to run away, die or kill it...since you know how Calypso's monsters are spread all over the place (and they will chase you to the ends of the earth, regardless).

Usually, its best to couple fruit walking with mining. (Those two mix surprisingly well.)

Last edited:

As I said if mining markups would be better I would have much more fruits :laugh:

But they are still easy enough to find :yup:

hm, seems other ppl dont have a problem to find fruits.

I mine a lot, and i do the same as ever, same places same kind of mining, and same also in hunt, but really i find much less fruits, as 1 year ago.

About sweet stuff... as a miner, i know tons of places with sweet stuff, and if i need that, i find a lot of them.
But fruits... i really have problems to find... how i told, may i find about 200 fruits, the last 6 months. (while mining or hunt)

I would like to find more fruits, but i dont want buy bars for 300%.. this is, if you ask me, way to high!

If people are buying at the current price then the current price is fine.

High markup is good for the economy and therefore for the game. Stop trying to make everything TT food.

Exactly this! :lolup:

Edit: IMHO

Last edited:
Do you hunt 3rd person?

I used to, but various VU changes over the years made me an Unreal Tournament player again :whistle:

Had to go to 1st reluctantly.

I tend to constantly switch between 1st and 3rd with two keys set up. I aim and start to shoot in first person then will usually switch to 3rd and back which is when I'll see the fruit. Running between mobs I'm normally in 3rd. It all depends what I'm hunting ofc. Small mobs you don't get the time to switch so could miss lots.

Back