Can the community please post some MM star gain averages pls?

jetsina

Elite
Maybe this is a long shot, but perhaps people are willing to share what sort of points per ped of stars they have been getting in the MM solo/FFA, so that we can go through the economics together.

I had slowly been drawn in closer to the events being run, as it seemed they might be giving bonus that would at lower losses for everybody compared to other returns outside. I liked the evade on offer for Gold Rush, so I did it, but this is my only real comparison of a rate of points coming in.

There, I was getting about 100 points for 200 peds turnover, but it was actually mob kills which was getting the evade awards in that event. Still, I reckoned that if I were to get the same rate in MM, then I'd be getting 100 points for a loss of about 20 peds on average (90% calculation) as a rough estimate, which might be a bit like getting payback or so. I did an hour of each (solo/FFA) on the first day of MM, but got far fewer stars, so I stopped and did other stuff.

Then I realised that the FFA ammo bonus made each star point worth about 25 pecs if you got up to the full 10k either by participation or buying up from others. It made me think that the points rate must be different from my Gold Rush experience, as people would actually be in profit from that rate. I saw that the AH prices were reflecting this theoretical value by being a reasonable bit below 25 pecs per point, but of course I had no reliable drop rate to calculate from as far as MA's point of view was.

So, is anyone willing to say how many points they have been getting per 100 peds of shooting?
Actually, I don't expect the answers to come out at a loss overall for the revenue side, but it could well be a loss for Caly, based on my assumption that Caly might have to pay for all the rewards itself out of "its share of revenue generated". Now we hear that somehow CLDs are affected too, so if MA, CLD holders AND the PP are ALL getting paid less, then how does the maths stack up?

So, short and simple: how many points have you been getting on average per 100 peds of shooting? Knowing the tt return per 100 peds would also be interesting, of course, but my aim is not to get massive data for 90% theories here: just to get a ball park for the star points. Thank you.

In FFA i can share since it will not matter:
total peds cycled TT: 14812.40ped
total loot TT: 14535.54ped
total FFA points: 6263

Most of it done on FFA 1 aranea. Just a bit for test on FFA 2 kerbs but then MA poped up the info about no more uni amo ;).

In solo i won't share (i use different setup there too ofc ;)).

Falagor
:bandit:

In FFA i can share since it will not matter:
total peds cycled TT: 14812.40ped
total loot TT: 14535.54ped
total FFA points: 6263

Most of it done on FFA 1 aranea. Just a bit for test on FFA 2 kerbs but then MA poped up the info about no more uni amo ;).

In solo i won't share (i use different setup there too ofc ;)).

Falagor

Is it safe to say that you've spent, on average, 276.86 PEDs to acquire those 6263 points?

So in other words, 4.42 pecs per point...and...MA is buying them back at 25 pecs per point.

Amazing.

No wonder it got taken down so rapidly. :wise:

Is it safe to say that you've spent, on average, 276.86 PEDs to acquire those 6263 points?

So in other words, 4.42 pecs per point...and...MA is buying them back at 25 pecs per point.

Amazing.

No wonder it got taken down so rapidly. :wise:

I usually have way better returns in hunting than this even if i incude the reward as part of my return (yes - it is possible to make TT profit in hunting ;)).

Falagor

I believe I'm winning.

Not sure if this helps but I stuck primarily to solo 2 and cycled 15,xxx with a 17xx loss on tt for my 10k points.

In this I got 2 tiny ESI's and approx 110ped tt outputs

Ok, thanks for those answers, which make interesting reading!

If I calculate correctly, then even Seregi on about 89% tt return in solo 2 made 700-800 peds plus or so directly from 'the bank' due to his ammo rewards - and this in solo, where there is not even trading.
If that is close to average, then ANYONE completing the 10k points can expect to win (and MA to lose).
So MA and co. would only be plus from those not completing the solo part.

Falagor shows that the drop rate of stars is also high in FFA. He happens to have a great tt return too, but I'm primarily interested in the star points part here. He would also be just fine even at 90% tt return due to the bonuses, and could keep going as long as we wanted as he could quite legitimately sell any excess above 10k points in my opinion.
Also - I do not accept that it can be seen as exploiting for any player to top up to 10k if they do not get enough from their own direct playing time! It was explicitely stated that points from FFA would be tradeable (until handed in). It was clear that there would be balancing, with some people on the selling side, and others buying to complete their 10k

So, the error seems to me to be the drop rates compared to payouts! Maybe MA did truly calculate at an expected value of 10 pecs per point instead of 25 pecs that actually comes out if you do 10k.

That would mean that although some people might be exploiting with alts, the far bigger problem would be MA making a loss from pretty much every participant!

Thanks guys - those figures go a long way to clearing this up in my mind!

Total cost: 16765.65 PED
TT return:16687.19 PED (99.53%)
MM points: 10892 (~649.66 points/1K PED cost)
MU return: 19587.79 PED (117.38% avg. MU)
Profit: +2822.14 PED
Globals/HoFs:60/0
Highest loot: 364 PED Mayhem Araneatrox (FFA 1)

Nearly all runs were done on FFA 1 spiders, and I only did a few FFA kerbs to determine how many stars they drop. MU is currently under-estimated at 25 PEC per point, output amps at 200%, all looted guns at either 100% or 101%, so in reality it should be a bit higher. Gears used: CR Spirit Mk.II (L) + Dante or Enigma L3 (L) + Dante, Pixie + 2A, Adj. Restoration Chip, +3% reload helm, Imp. Ares Ring. With this setup, the defense cost is 0.6% with ~2.98 DPP.

I think I was lucky to loot a total of 4 radiant and 2 dazzling stars, which bumps up the points per cost a bit. However, I almost never get less than 200 points per 1K PED spent, so that is at least 5% MU from the bonus alone at 25 PEC per point. Any additional dazzling, radiant, glorious stars you loot are 125 PED, 250 PED, 1250 PED bonus MU return.

I agree the drop rate of MM stars is simply too high for this to be sustainable (for MA). 100 points per 1K PED on average should be doable, as that requires people to cycle ~100K PED to claim all rewards.

Last edited:
Solo Mayhem (Areanatrox S1, few hours S2) killed ~ 3563 mobs ~ 2 790 000 dmg
Gear: Maxed Weapon ~50 dps, Eco ~2.95, Ares (L), Athenic Adj, Thori helmet 3%, Viceroy, pills

Cycled: 9700 ped
Return (tt): -1117
Return (mu): +128

Stars: 5524 (1000x1, 500x1, 250x2 ...)

Just over 400 stars/hour in solo. No idea for FFA as I didn't track hours and stopped after 10k points. I still have over ten hours to reach the forty hour minimum -- I've collect all bonuses, but figure I should do 40 hours anyway just in case. I was lucky enough to get 5k points in Gold Rush on Arkadia, so maybe a glorious or two is still possible.

Revealing my stars per hour can only encourage or discourage others... unless I get lucky and loot a glorious or several radiants, I don't think my hourly average will change much.

Im pretty sure I have absolutely no chance so dont mind posting numbers

solo 2&3 mostly

hours ~43
pts 20200

started the event with around 1500 ped
ended with 100 ped

but bought 1500 ped worth of chips to eat during the event

so I think I basically made 100 ped

oh ate lots of pills and canes from boxes so broke even i guess ??

:laugh:

Revealing my stars per hour can only encourage or discourage others...

Thanks for the further replies coming in. I wasn't trying to get info on stars per hour really, but stars per ped of spend. People going for top places would possibly go for some ped inefficiency for speed purposes, so those would also not really be the stats to show what returns + bonus most peeps would be getting.

It does look like that if you did a good amount of time in MM, then you would get enough stars to pay you back or put you in plus.
However, indications from people I think are reliable (observant, knowledgeable about statistics and truthful), suggest that the drop rates are now lower since MA made their changes.....

Good luck and fun to those still at it.
Thanks everyone.

Per hour, I averaged over 500 pts in both.
was approx 700 ped ammo used per run, 300 in decay.
doing a little over 400k damage an hour.

even with a 27k/40hr rate I highly suspect I will not place

I have over 30k points in 40 hours, and I PROMISE YOU, I will not even be close to top 15.

(1x5k, 2x1k)

Loot was ok though, with both bonuses I didn't lose at all...so was free skills. And I did more dps than I ever have in this game for the 40 hours so it was a LOT of skill.

My guess is that top3 is 2k+ points/hour before bonus.

20h in mostly on lvl3 im at 5020 points so I seem to be better at mining than collecting stars :scratch2:
Thats 250 points /h which seems very low comparing ?

Back