Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wof?

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a can of worms. Think it through.
    This was a joke to show how irrelevant was in the first place to make an issue of who belongs to which team.
    Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Duncan Redone McCloud
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    I'm really glad not to be alone and I'll never stop thanking Hurricane for his efforts, great EU memories come from WoF.
    I'd like having real nation teams too, and if necessary, why not, more than one (for example USA 1, USA 2, SWEDEN 3...), with usual locked main team and free supports. But everything is secondary if we can't succeed to find a player with time and will to convey and organize forces.
    I can't be that man, but if there is a possibility to organize a future WoF I'd do my best to help.

DRM

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Quell Que Star
    Society
    Gunslingers
    Images
    I had fun in WOF. Too bad it died

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Octavius Joser Rex
    Society
    Church of Lootius
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My WoF Champion Jacket from '07 might be my favorite item that I own.
    Not looting the mobs you kill is a bad strategy. - Jimmy B

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
    Society
    GloryHound Irregulars
    Blog Entries
    Images

WoF Tribute Tournament.... what's the level of interest?

Hi, I've found myself back in the game, at least for a while, and I'm missing the atmosphere and camaraderie of the WoF. So I'm thinking of organising a smaller event in the same vein in a couple of month's time, to be held over a weekend. It'll still involve National teams but with a lot fewer rules; here's the rough outline.

The Support teams can now just be Teams, as suggested in the posts above, (USA 1, USA 2, USA Barbarians etc etc) and the moblists have been replaced with an extended version of the variety bonus. How this works is you get 5 points for every new species of mob you global on, 1 point for the same mob, same maturity as one you've scored on before, and 2 points for the same mob, but different maturity that you've scored on before. So for example, whatever your first global is, it scores 5 (for a mob not globalled on by you before). If your next global is exactly the same mob it scores 1 but a different maturity scores 2. If your next global is a different type of mob, you score 5, and so on. Picking the mobs and the order to try them will be a major factor, any mobs in any Calypso location are eligible (globals must show up in Calypso chat).
    Double points for a HoF. Double points for a 113 PED (Susan) global. +3 points added at end for each mob scored on by that team alone (excludes maturity). One big hunting spree, three hours of craziness. Teams would be a maximum of 12 with 1 non-hunter remaining at the start to score as a judge. The hunt could take place at any point over the weekend that an Official was available to independently score it. Oh yeah, does anyone wanna be an official? I'll of course attend all I can. Was thinking if a lot of teams attend we could have heats, semi's and a final over a couple more weekends maybe. But let's see.

I think this would make for an interesting departure from the grind and prove a challenge to think about. Anyone up for it? Will post this in Events if so.

Hurrikane
    Last edited by Hurrikane; 12-12-2019 at 14:32.

"You wanna see the real me now?"

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    If the time fits my schedule, i'm in.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Richard Dirk Tomlin
    Society
    NBK
    Images
    I'd very happily join in.

Dirk

Naomi
    Society
    NotBeforeSocietyOverhaul
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GradenFoss View Post
    Yea, well, just to begin with... how to verify a player′s real country of origin... what about players who reside outside their country... what about players with more nationalities than one...
    What you call 'real' countries, are usually areas conquered by sword or fireweapons, and therefore illegal occupation of the indigenous population.
    Take a country like Germany for instance. Its borders are the result of conquests, both winning and loosing wars. Germany has many totally different regions, of which the inhabitants of one region barely understand the local language of the next region. Those regions are the original 'coutries', that have been violently taken away.
    That's it for the history lesson

Howeverrrr... people living in certain regions, conquered by different powers, and today belonging to different 'illegal occupational forces', that we call 'countries' today, all have one thing in common. They have german as main native language.
    Therefore some people living in different countries such as Germany (D), Austria (At) and Switzerland (CH) have united in Entropia and formed a team, based on the fact that it is easy for them to communicate in their native language. The D-At-CH's team is even more ligit then 'real' countries, because their working together has been based on mutual agreement, and not on forceful conquest.

just my2pec, enjoy

No Livestream at the moment:
    Click to go to the twitch.tv/openair247 Livestream

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ford Zippo LincolnMercury
    Society
    cB | Crimson Blades
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurrikane View Post
    Hi, I've found myself back in the game, at least for a while, and I'm missing the atmosphere and camaraderie of the WoF. So I'm thinking of organising a smaller event in the same vein in a couple of month's time, to be held over a weekend. It'll still involve National teams but with a lot fewer rules; here's the rough outline.

The Support teams can now just be Teams, as suggested in the posts above, (USA 1, USA 2, USA Barbarians etc etc) and the moblists have been replaced with an extended version of the variety bonus. How this works is you get 5 points for every new species of mob you global on, 1 point for the same mob, same maturity as one you've scored on before, and 2 points for the same mob, but different maturity that you've scored on before. So for example, whatever your first global is, it scores 5 (for a mob not globalled on by you before). If your next global is exactly the same mob it scores 1 but a different maturity scores 2. If your next global is a different type of mob, you score 5, and so on. Picking the mobs and the order to try them will be a major factor, any mobs in any Calypso location are eligible (globals must show up in Calypso chat).
    Double points for a HoF. Double points for a 113 PED (Susan) global. +3 points added at end for each mob scored on by that team alone (excludes maturity). One big hunting spree, three hours of craziness. Teams would be a maximum of 12 with 1 non-hunter remaining at the start to score as a judge. The hunt could take place at any point over the weekend that an Official was available to independently score it. Oh yeah, does anyone wanna be an official? I'll of course attend all I can. Was thinking if a lot of teams attend we could have heats, semi's and a final over a couple more weekends maybe. But let's see.

I think this would make for an interesting departure from the grind and prove a challenge to think about. Anyone up for it? Will post this in Events if so.

Hurrikane
    I would absolutely take part in this, assuming i could have the weekend off from work Welcome Back Hurrikane!
    "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/...ad.php?t=65574 - PVP GLOBALS

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    What you call 'real' countries, are usually areas conquered by sword or fireweapons, and therefore illegal occupation of the indigenous population.
    Take a country like Germany for instance. Its borders are the result of conquests, both winning and loosing wars. Germany has many totally different regions, of which the inhabitants of one region barely understand the local language of the next region. Those regions are the original 'coutries', that have been violently taken away.
    That's it for the history lesson

Howeverrrr... people living in certain regions, conquered by different powers, and today belonging to different 'illegal occupational forces', that we call 'countries' today, all have one thing in common. They have german as main native language.
    Therefore some people living in different countries such as Germany (D), Austria (At) and Switzerland (CH) have united in Entropia and formed a team, based on the fact that it is easy for them to communicate in their native language. The D-At-CH's team is even more ligit then 'real' countries, because their working together has been based on mutual agreement, and not on forceful conquest.

just my2pec, enjoy
    Well, then, just NO.

A country, no matter your likings, are per defined by the United Nations declarations and are wideley accepted as "One flag, One currency, One Anthem, One army" and sometimes the language is added to these critetions. Mostly by linguists.

DAtCH is merely an alliance, yet definetely not a country, and, as such, should not exist.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast