Tabtab Hunting Log

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
Maybe not so much a log as a summary. A few people have been posting low level hunting logs recently, so I thought I'd go ahead and document this. I wanted to do a long hunt on low level mobs that had good MU loot, and maybe a mission chain.

00z2.jpg

I decided to hunt tabtabs.​

Toulan has Calypso style loot drops...only a few kinds of loot drop from each mob, which is good. For tabtab, Entropedia says this:

00z3.jpg

This is mostly correct, except that muscle oil is only a common drop, and basic leather extractors drop often, but no more than one per mob at all levels of maturity. So if you're hunting for extractors, best to hunt the lowest levels you can. And tabtab hide...

00z6.jpg

...has good markup if you can sell it.

Small tabtab are found in mixed spawn young/mature/old. Youngs have 10 HP, matures have 15, and olds have 20. I worried most about overkill, so I needed a small gun. I think a chon is too big. Tabtabs drop a small gun, very eco, the Salafa G1(L), and I used that for the first three stages of the mission, which I did not log. (The gun is too small for an A101, and I don't have a ZX.) No armor, no healing.

00z1.jpg

When I reached stage 4, 8000 mobs, I decided to sacrifice some eco to kill them faster, and got my s.i. scorpion from storage. During this stage I didn't hunt any other mob, I didn't mine, I didn't craft. This was the result:

00z4.jpg

Not good. MU might salvage it, but I'm not including MU in this log. For stage 5, 12000 tabtab, I switched back to the Salafa G1(L), and used the Salafa's and the ammo that I looted. I decided to log the final 6000 tabtab, with this result:

00z5.jpg

Better.

Some notes: I don't know if tabtab ever global, but they didn't for me. The highest loot I ever got was about five ped, and it only happened twice. There is a tabtab "daily" mission that gives Anatomy. There is a tabtab wave event. Tabtabs are easy to swunt. Tabtabs are very cute when they fall over dead. Enough Salafas drop from tabtabs that you can easily replace one when needed. I like the Salafa G1 (L). I'll keep the ones I looted to hunt other small mobs. I wish I had a ZX, but I cant justify paying for all the useless stuff that comes with it.

Hope this log added something.

00z9.jpg

Back