Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Science fiction allows us to push the boundaries of what is possible. Just 100 years ago, humanity could not even dream of flying into space, but today we are launching satellites that help us study the universe, predict the weather, study various natural phenomena, including tracking the melting of glaciers. I read a lot about various studies, today I read this article https://www.skyrora.com/post/observing-glacial-change-from-space . Very interesting and informative.

This is an overview for us 'spacers' to not forget how long we have been waiting for Space and what has been promised so far.
I intend to continue this list into the future as the following years state of the universes are released and hopefully we can show to Mindark that we would really apreciate if things would move on from the promised stage to 'active content'.
Please add your name to the thread if you want to show Mindark that you care about space and would appreciate if they set their focus on it.

2011:

We are still (in 2019) missing advanced engineering features, shields, heavy weapons, torpedos and some active gunner positions - which were promised during auction sales of motherships.

2012:

which sadly didnt happen :(

2013 Space was forgotten on the roadmap at first and then after an outkry of the community a promise for space was added:

which sadly didnt happen either :(

in 2014 then Space was entirely forgotten and noone cared to make any statement about it at all:
http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2014/02/25/State-of-the-Universe-Address-2014.xml

2015:

Which again didnt happen.

2016:

And again - it didnt happen.

2017:

And yet again - it didnt happen.

2018:
This time we got no state of the universe at all and no mention about any promises past or future regarding space.

2019:
Waiting for this years state of the universe address and some form of recognition that entropia is called a 'universe' of which one of the most essential parts is space - cause without it there wouldnt be a universe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reading this makes me sad :/

some more love for space pls

I’m not sure why they refuse to develop the game. Clearly their shareholders are not interested in improved dividends.

I’m not sure why they refuse to develop the game. Clearly their shareholders are not interested in improved dividends.
Bothers the hell outa me. There's three possible reasons IMO.

1. It's possible they are too liberal. Lefty commies are retarded as possible and tend to destroy whatever organization they take over. Can't rule it out?

2. Some companies keep losing positions for tax break/relief purposes. Maybe that's it?

3. Or the last one I figure, they got too much "underground" activity and can't afford to attract too much attention. Dirty laundry?

Either way, their best possible solution, and ours, is for them to sell the entire company to an actual incentivised organization.

Bothers the hell outa me. There's three possible reasons IMO.

1. It's possible they are too liberal. Lefty commies are retarded as possible and tend to destroy whatever organization they take over. Can't rule it out?

Lol, bro are you for real with that garbage?

Nvm, i cant even..

This day, 10 years ago...

LATEST BUZZ

Space is Imminent​

June 8th​

The office is buzzing with excitement as we are getting closer and closer to the space release. With this release Entropia truly becomes the Entropia Universe with space travel between the planets and space stations for intermediate landing.
The target date for the release is set to the 21st of June 2011. Make sure you are ready for this exciting happening!

I am glad that they did at least something with the little boss wave update, and hopeful it might be the start of the real updates, and not just a token one off. It's ideal for quads, and privateers, but locks out the big ships from doing very much so most don't bother. Space could be so incredible, with not a huge amount of change, some big mobs would be a good start!

Last edited:
Ah... the space update... ,-)

10 years after the introduction of space and with all these open promises - it would have been nice to see a space TEN event of some sorts but i guess the 10th anniversary of space was forgotten.

10 years after the introduction of space and with all these open promises - it would have been nice to see a space TEN event of some sorts but i guess the 10th anniversary of space was forgotten.
To another ten years! :coffee:

To another ten years! :coffee:
My prediction is that it will be temporarily removed with UE5 for "short term" Interplanetary Teleporters. They might put these in the hangars and have the cost to use them to go the hangar owners. Cue much upset from the folks with small spaceships or something... I dunno... maybe not that, but something like that. I expect with a little thought they could come up with a fair ish way of postponing space implementation.

It would be nice if the game somehow celebrated the anniversaries of its existence, events were held for this, updates were released.

I see space becoming the new 'pets and taming' of an engine upgrade, along the lines of: "We have no planet partners in space to do the necessary conversions - and we are too full on workload to do it ourselves. Space will thus to wait a while for implementation under UE5." (hypothetical statement - NOT a quote from anywhere (yet)..."

2021, 2022, 2023 - still waiting for the promised content in opening post - it would be great to get an update to whats to come from the above in ue5 and before

Also still would be great to get the shields for the ships we bought in 2011.

2021, 2022, 2023 - still waiting for the promised content in opening post - it would be great to get an update to whats to come from the above in ue5 and before

Also still would be great to get the shields for the ships we bought in 2011.

Wow... 12 years.... that's well... when I think about... no,... it's not worth it to risk triggering a ban. Well indeed yes... space...

Really not sure what to say, aside from that anyone investing in Entropia based on promises of features to be released "later", should view this as a very VERY stark warning that MA are (evidently) not to be trusted. Case in point in modern times I'm thinking of the UnTokens and the UnTropia Eggs... for which I see the latter recently saw a sale of $10k. I sure hope whoever bought that did their research on MA's track record of promised later functionality.

With much sadness for this oh so sorry state of affairs.

Wistrel

While the vehicle that i purchased back in 2011 and of which i was told it would have shields is annoying to still not have them 12 years later or the logout issue that undermined the success of the whole space part of entropia with hundreds of thousands of gaming hours lost to mindark of players traveling 'offline' in those 12 years the most upsetting issue is actually the following statement from 2015's SotU:
'Space
In order to improve the quality and quantity of space content, we are working on several new features and systems. Those new features will be developed and released incrementally during 2015 and into 2016. The first stage of the Galactic Transport system will likely be included in the Version Update currently planned for June, and will offer transport missions with rewards drawn from the Galactic Transport pool that is funded by auction transfer fees.'
--------------------------------------
Version Update: 15.1.0
Galactic Transport
It is now possible to bid on auctions listings from all planets, regardless of the current location of the bidding avatar. Buyers are presented with three options when winning an auction originating from a different planet:
  • Pickup at Origin - Items won from auction will be placed into the buyer's storage on the planet of origin (the planet where the auction was created). Buyer must then travel to the planet of origin to retrieve the items from storage.
  • Normal Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported to the buyer's storage at the buyer's current location after 12 hours. This option will incur a small transport fee based on the weight of the items to be transported, with a minimum fee of 2 PED. A delivery notice will appear in the Message Center when items are delivered.
  • Instant Delivery - Items won from auction will be transported immediately to the buyer's inventory at the buyer's current location. This option will incur a higher fee than Normal Delivery, with a minimum fee of 6 PED.
The majority of the transport fees collected for the Normal and Instant Delivery options will be held in a special transport fee pool. In a future Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.
These fees that have been charged from players for the past 8 years for a bussiness service which was taken away from shipowners in 2015 while selling new additional spacecrafts were supposed to be in a 'galactic transport pool' which was supposed to fund cargo missions to compensate shipowners for the negative bussiness impact of the changes.
Even with the most modest calculation and presuming that a 'majority of the transport fees' means only 51% the pool would have to be now far in exess of a million ped... with still no cargo/galactic transport missions in sight.
But this isnt even about the money (my account is worth more then that) its about changing the foundation for an investment and just do the taking away part while not making the replacement part and then seemingly forgetting about it.

When they have released EU-UE5 they have to prove that it was CE2MAedi that was the bottleneck.
If they don't start to create features with a LOT more in depth alternatives and funtionality, then its
obvious they have low interest to run a rich featured game and only have interest to create profit in
the most simple way possible, at least for me it will be seen like that.
Now when I have seen what someone who works as a CTA can do in UE on his spare time, I don't
buy the excuse "it can't be done" anylonger.
It's time for MA to step up when it comes to features, and that a lot too....

Last edited:
obvious they have low interest to run a rich featured game and only have interest to create profit in
the most simple way possible, at least for me it will be seen like that.
I think that's how we all feel at this point.

2. Some companies keep losing positions for tax break/relief purposes. Maybe that's it?

3. Or the last one I figure, they got too much "underground" activity and can't afford to attract too much attention. Dirty laundry?
4. They're scared shitless to meaningfully change anything because it might piss off the whales / cause a cash exodus and obliterate their liquidity

I think that's how we all feel at this point.

4. They're scared shitless to meaningfully change anything because it might piss off the whales / cause a cash exodus and obliterate their liquidity

Wouldn't surprise me...

vu is comming soon
This could be a good opportunity to sneak in some of the promised fixes/updates or atleast do a minimum last ditch effort and change the burn shield in the dropship wave to shielding from all damages but only 50% - just one line of code to fix the only wave encounter in space - thanks.

Maybe spent a second line of code that creates a popup window to confirm entering space for everyone, meaning not just those flying ships but also those in passenger seats and those accepting summon messages.
This would allow to avoid alot of accidental summonings and ensure everyone going up there actually has confirmed to it.
It might also reduce the amount of work mindark seems to currently spent on investigating and banning some of those who exploited the issue by taking players to space to loot them.

And if you really want to push it - shields for ships and cargo missions please.

vu is comming soon
This could be a good opportunity to sneak in some of the promised fixes/updates or atleast do a minimum last ditch effort and change the burn shield in the dropship wave to shielding from all damages but only 50% - just one line of code to fix the only wave encounter in space - thanks.

Maybe spent a second line of code that creates a popup window to confirm entering space for everyone, meaning not just those flying ships but also those in passenger seats and those accepting summon messages.
This would allow to avoid alot of accidental summonings and ensure everyone going up there actually has confirmed to it.
It might also reduce the amount of work mindark seems to currently spent on investigating and banning some of those who exploited the issue by taking players to space to loot them.

And if you really want to push it - shields for ships and cargo missions please.
Nope. You're just gonna get a new copy pasta TWEN clothes.

Quiet here isn't it?
Forum used to be full of discussion, am surprised thread not had more activity.
free bump :)

Quiet here isn't it?
Forum used to be full of discussion, am surprised thread not had more activity.
free bump :)
Well... there's not much to say really... It's rather like shouting into the void (although the "10 years since MA said..." style posts have a certain comedy factor to them which makes them worth while).

At this stage there doesn't seem much point in asking for anything other than minor tweeks to Crytopia. Stuff like "get stuck here" or "this is a major bug/exploit". If an artist can't fix it in half an hour, or it's not a serious bug/exploit, I doubt MA will do anything at this stage.

This is why I largely only post ideas in the "MA moving to Unreal" thread as in that case I can see real world assets or tech that MA are in a position where they may want to genuinely consider using it since this is their road for Entropia (Untropia) into the future.

There won't be any major fixes to Crytopia going forward I very much doubt, especially with the cut in staff, to pay the investor dividends*. As for Untropia, we know so little of what MA are planning with it, it's kinda folly to even speculate or suggest ideas other than basic stuff to do with graphics and assets or animation/mob mechanics. We at least know those "should" be happening.

Sorry if that sounded pessimistic. I'm just trying to be realistic. Fairly certain MA themselves even said something along the lines of Crytopia effectively being only in maintenance mode with a footnote to the fact that they'll be doing TWEN events this year.

Wistrel

* because "AI" sorry

Well... there's not much to say really... It's rather like shouting into the void (although the "10 years since MA said..." style posts have a certain comedy factor to them which makes them worth while).

At this stage there doesn't seem much point in asking for anything other than minor tweeks to Crytopia. Stuff like "get stuck here" or "this is a major bug/exploit". If an artist can't fix it in half an hour, or it's not a serious bug/exploit, I doubt MA will do anything at this stage.

This is why I largely only post ideas in the "MA moving to Unreal" thread as in that case I can see real world assets or tech that MA are in a position where they may want to genuinely consider using it since this is their road for Entropia (Untropia) into the future.

There won't be any major fixes to Crytopia going forward I very much doubt, especially with the cut in staff, to pay the investor dividends*. As for Untropia, we know so little of what MA are planning with it, it's kinda folly to even speculate or suggest ideas other than basic stuff to do with graphics and assets or animation/mob mechanics. We at least know those "should" be happening.

Sorry if that sounded pessimistic. I'm just trying to be realistic. Fairly certain MA themselves even said something along the lines of Crytopia effectively being only in maintenance mode with a footnote to the fact that they'll be doing TWEN events this year.

Wistrel

* because "AI" sorry

I was more thinking about forum activity these days, used to be a vibrant forum with sometimes heated discussions but the existed non the less.
Just seems now is a list of Selling/buying threads and very little participation in other threads. Often less than 100 or in evening 50 logged in, and less posting.

Maybe just a sign of the times i guess.

Like now Total: 292 (members: 14, guests: 278)
Kinda sad to see.

yeh... (sigh)

yeh.... : (

But indeed there probably isn't much to say these days

Back