Space - State of the Universe - an overview and outlook of past and future

Lol. You can smile as much as you want. Even at 2600 the number speaks for itself. It's way higher both you and me know that :) Are you space guys really this blinded?

The average player hates that rubbish force upon pvp zone we have between our hunting grounds. Should be pretty obvious and I don't really see how you can miss this. Please explain that to me so I can understand. Is it the
ostrich tactic?

us-ostrich-head-in-sand1.jpg
Say for the sake of argument that you're right and the player base is 10k+. So what?

Do you think that all of the people inclined to sign this petition have? Do you think *all* EU players come on to this forum and are even aware of this petition's existence?

Anyway, I find it a little odd that someone would be participaring in a sci-fi-themed game and expecting there not to be space involved.

I'd wish you luck with your one-man campaign against Space, but that would be disingenuous of me, wouldn't it?

There is over a million entropia accounts, there is 55k registered users on this forum, there is chat channels ingame with up to 9k members, there is globals of 2.6 k different players in a week, there is 260ish users currently online on this forum, 73 of them are registered members that can post during a time that is considered entropia prime time (high activity), there is 99 people who have signed this petition, there is 127 people who have voted to remove TP's, there is 60ish people who have voted to get interplanetary TP's, there is about a dozend players who dislike space enough to post continuously against it, there is minim the antispace-fanatic
You can do the percentages :cool:

From all the polls and petitions that i have seen on pcf i know that getting about 100 registered members to agree on something is a decent amount of players - this does not even account all the players which have pmed me to sign them up (cause they were not registered and didnt wanted to be for various reasons) but which i refused to do cause i wanted mindark when they check the thread to see a list of players which can be validified from the thread.

So what you really are saying from all those numbers is that 0.18% of the forum users that agreed with you? Hooray. You should try get ellected for smt!

So what you really are saying from all those numbers is that 0.18% of the forum users that agreed with you? Hooray. You should try get ellected for smt!

Quoted for all to see - if thats what you conclude from it i will leave the judgement to others ;)

Say for the sake of argument that you're right and the player base is 10k+. So what?

Do you think that all of the people inclined to sign this petition have? Do you think *all* EU players come on to this forum and are even aware of this petition's existence?

Anyway, I find it a little odd that someone would be participaring in a sci-fi-themed game and expecting there not to be space involved.

I'd wish you luck with your one-man campaign against Space, but that would be disingenuous of me, wouldn't it?

No, but 1% (for the sake of the argument like you say) is it even worth mentioning? It's not like it was possible to sign against it ^^

Space can be involved but it should not be limiting and ruining the game experience like it does now. It's slowly killing the PP and at the end it will be less fun with only calpyso left.. It is like having PVP4 all over calypso with just a few paths to storage. Would be hard to get most people to vote for that but I'm sure you would be able to find 100people to sign such a petition also :)

It's not a one man's thing and it's not a campaign. I'm just trying to save the game that I love. Hope they come to their senses before it's gone..

No, but 1% (for the sake of the argument like you say) is it even worth mentioning? It's not like it was possible to sign against it ^^

Space can be involved but it should not be limiting and ruining the game experience like it does now. It's slowly killing the PP and at the end it will be less fun with only calpyso left.. It is like having PVP4 all over calypso with just a few paths to storage. Would be hard to get most people to vote for that but I'm sure you would be able to find 100people to sign such a petition also :)

It's not a one man's thing and it's not a campaign. I'm just trying to save the game that I love. Hope they come to their senses before it's gone..

You are going way offtopic, this is a petition pro space development - your welcome to make your own petition against space with a list of names who support it but please stop derailing this thread.
We didnt ask for anything 'new' we only are asking for mindark to keep made promises which are listed in the first post of this thread - you should consider what it means to accept that made promises to players and investors are not kept for many years again and again - this is not just a matter of space but has an impact on the whole game.

The planet partners are doomed anyway unless they can find a way to bring their own participants in. Calypso had an eight-year head start on the next partner and they've never come close to catching up (although I understand Arkadia had a good stab at it).

Quoted for all to see - if thats what you conclude from it i will leave the judgement to others ;)

there is 55k registered users on this forum

tthere is 99 people who have signed this petition

You state that there is 55000 registered users. Those can post at any moment if they feel like signing in and posting. 99 of them did. Those 99 used almost a year to sign also and the thread has 28139 views at this moment. That was only the views of those that bothered to hit click the topic and not all that ignore "space" since they really don't care.

You are pulling numbers out of your *** to your favor, I'm just playing with your numbers here. When O2 made points you couldn't avoid answering without admitting failure in the other thread you just ignored it and went on :) Will you continue here?

The planet partners are doomed anyway unless they can find a way to bring their own participants in. Calypso had an eight-year head start on the next partner and they've never come close to catching up (although I understand Arkadia had a good stab at it).

Why are they doomed. If I could travle hassle free I'd hunt all over the place often. I would go to the one creating the best entertainment. Now I just try to stay where it's less hassle to be unless there is a very good reason to travel. That means I'm mostly on caly like everyone else that don't bother with the space hassle.

You are right, arkadia team has done a great job. If it was not for space I think we would almost see more players there than on calypso. I really wish they make it until space is gone so we can enjoy that planet to it's full!

Why are they doomed. If I could travle hassle free I'd hunt all over the place often. I would go to the one creating the best entertainment. Now I just try to stay where it's less hassle to be unless there is a very good reason to travel. That means I'm mostly on caly like everyone else that don't bother with the space hassle.

You are right, arkadia team has done a great job. If it was not for space I think we would almost see more players there than on calypso. I really wish they make it until space is gone so we can enjoy that planet to it's full!
The idea of the planet partners is to bring in their own participants. Mindark wants EU to expand its number of participants, not just move them around the different planets like some accounting trick. That is why space is there - to put a barrier so that some effort is required to move from planet-to-planet. So that people don't just do it on a whim. And it then encourages the PPs to find their own participants. Even the revenue is set so that the planet where each participant started gets the most revenue from their spending/decay.

Like I say, if the PPs don't pull something out of the bag they will be doomed eventually (is Rocktropia still running on half the servers/in-game land area that it started out with?). My prediction is Mindark have ideas for Space that will be seen if, maybe, two, three or four planet partners drop out.

Space is not going to go away.

JBK, while mentioning poll numbers.

This poll is comparable to yours proving that the earth is flat. It has just been around for 4 days and has allready 50 votes!
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?291040-The-earth-is-flat-!

Then we have this poll with 92 votes where 73% of the voters would use teleporters to skip space.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?291000-Do-you-like-space-as-it-is

And this is your own poll. 50+ votes in just a few days with 80% thinking it's good for the economy.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...eve-have-teleporters-on-our-entropian-economy

I can admit not being good with numbers and I need help with these results. Please explain these results to me.

The idea of the planet partners is to bring in their own participants. Mindark wants EU to expand its number of participants, not just move them around the different planets like some accounting trick. That is why space is there - to put a barrier so that some effort is required to move from planet-to-planet. So that people don't just do it on a whim. And it then encourages the PPs to find their own participants. Even the revenue is set so that the planet where each participant started gets the most revenue from their spending/decay.

Like I say, if the PPs don't pull something out of the bag they will be doomed eventually (is Rocktropia still running on half the servers/in-game land area that it started out with?). My prediction is Mindark have ideas for Space that will be seen if, maybe, two, three or four planet partners drop out.

It would be a lot easier to bring their own participants if the planets wasn't empty. If opening interplanetary TP's it would be much more people around there. Now many join, hear that calypso is the populated planet with working auction and travel there. Planet partners can still bring players into the game even if they don't "lock them down" with space. Why is forcing anyone a good thing anyways? Is it ever a good idea?

Arkadia is trying really hard but space makes it close to impossible even for them. Without it I think they would win over caly by far. Great team working for a great experience!

It would be a lot easier to bring their own participants if the planets wasn't empty. If opening interplanetary TP's it would be much more people around there. Now many join, hear that calypso is the populated planet with working auction and travel there. Planet partners can still bring players into the game even if they don't "lock them down" with space. Why is forcing anyone a good thing anyways? Is it ever a good idea?

Arkadia is trying really hard but space makes it close to impossible even for them. Without it I think they would win over caly by far. Great team working for a great experience!
Every planet has had to start from zero, including Calypso. Back then, when it was less populated, many probably thought "this is dead, its free to play anyway so I'm off to <insert alternative game> instead."

You have no idea how hard PP have struggled due to MA holding PP back and making sure Caly have domination over the rest as it still owned by MA. If they really want to have the universe to expand they would support other planets much better. ND did cut half the main planet down and this was the best move he ever did. This paid for KONG, that led to him getting his island from NI. Rt has never been more populated and player base has certainly grown. with champions league, Doc grays weekend events and so much more. You are fooling your self if you think Space is more important than PP.

Every planet has had to start from zero, including Calypso. Back then, when it was less populated, many probably thought "this is dead, its free to play anyway so I'm off to <insert alternative game> instead."

Calypso had no competition tho. Ting is that now people join, hear that the economy is only alive on caly and go there. Can't blame them tho it's true. Low level players can't afford warping back/forth all the time either since it's to time and ped consuming on their low cycle budget. In the start I prolly spent 20-30ped/week playing a lot and I had a low cycle budget. If I where to travel every second day it would increase my cost so much that no average markup could save me ^^

You are going way offtopic, this is a petition pro space development - your welcome to make your own petition against space with a list of names who support it but please stop derailing this thread.
We didnt ask for anything 'new' we only are asking for mindark to keep made promises which are listed in the first post of this thread - you should consider what it means to accept that made promises to players and investors are not kept for many years again and again - this is not just a matter of space but has an impact on the whole game.

Off topic posts will be reported - please take such arguments elsewhere.

Off topic posts will be reported - please take such arguments elsewhere.

It's not off topic to talk about space in a space thread. I bet if I made a poll I could get 100% results confirming this.Im just as interested in space as you are. We just don't share the same angle. Do you only want people that agreed with your opinion disussing with you?

In early to middle February we will see the 2017 State of the Universe address. This will be a defining moment.

It's not off topic to talk about space in a space thread. I bet if I made a poll I could get 100% results confirming this.Im just as interested in space as you are. We just don't share the same angle. Do you only want people that agreed with your opinion disussing with you?

Belittleing the opinion of 99 established players of entropia who are asking that mindark keeps their promises is not a discussion.
Reread your own posts if you think you did otherwise.

Belittleing the opinion of 99 established players of entropia who are asking that mindark keeps their promises is not a discussion.
Reread your own posts if you think you did otherwise.

This thread need some voices from "the other side" also. Even tho most have given up to discussing with a Stine (you) I will not give up and I will respond to your nonsense way of promoting space. I really really hope MA takes it info account when reading through those post so they dont waste important developer time on just a tiny fraction of the playerbase.

Heh, I never realized this thread was a petition, thought it was more a collection of MA published space propoganda that we want to hold them to.. I apologize for missing that part.

Anyways, sign me up for 100 :)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, here is mine. It sums up the real reason I feel space development is so important. Done correctly, it should improve the experience and economy for all players, even those who never step foot in space.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?291109-The-EU-Economy-In-MS-Paint!

Personally, the only thing I am interested in holding MA to regarding space is the Cargo system. I feel this is a vital mechanic to get in place moving forward. This can even pave the way for players to instant teleport between planets to cycle more/faster as there is clearly that desire and it is beneficial to all. Compromise, and players will wait a few hours to a day for their stackables to arrive.

Heh, I never realized this thread was a petition, thought it was more a collection of MA published space propoganda that we want to hold them to.. I apologize for missing that part.

Anyways, sign me up for 100 :)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, here is mine. It sums up the real reason I feel space development is so important. Done correctly, it should improve the experience and economy for all players, even those who never step foot in space.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?291109-The-EU-Economy-In-MS-Paint!

Personally, the only thing I am interested in holding MA to regarding space is the Cargo system. I feel this is a vital mechanic to get in place moving forward. This can even pave the way for players to instant teleport between planets to cycle more/faster as there is clearly that desire and it is beneficial to all. Compromise, and players will wait a few hours to a day for their stackables to arrive.

Idkn if we play the same game but I will give you some basics. The last years MA has killed average markup and cut out chances to break even/profit. For the majority of players this means that paying for moving stuff close to TT value makes no sense since this cost kills whatever they had left of markup. So adding a cost to get your loot sent from Arcadia to caly will make players just stay on caly since this is the only working economy. I've tried using ark auction, it doesn't work! The open teleportes should work with loot also. You guys can play with each others up in space. Why do you have to force us into the game?

You have no idea how hard PP have struggled due to MA holding PP back and making sure Caly have domination over the rest as it still owned by MA.
This point is non-sensical to me. Why would Mindark not want the other PPs to struggle? Successful PPs equals a successful Universe which is a win for Mindark. I'll admit I really haven't got some of their ideas down the years, but if you're claiming that Mindark want Calypso to dominate the PPs then I simply cannot agree.

If they really want to have the universe to expand they would support other planets much better.
Yes I agree, but then the last I heard (I could be mistaken) was that Mindark are rather understaffed due to funding. If this is accurate then it is a major problem for them. I work in an environment in real life where we are understaffed. We can't do everything we need to and so are constantly fire-fighting. It is also very stressful.

ND did cut half the main planet down and this was the best move he ever did. This paid for KONG, that led to him getting his island from NI. Rt has never been more populated and player base has certainly grown. with champions league, Doc grays weekend events and so much more.
Great for him and Rocktropia. Good that someone is able to think outside the box, adapt to the poor support that MA give then thrive. Maybe not all the PPs are doomed after all then.

You are fooling your self if you think Space is more important than PP.
If I thought Space was more important than the PPs then you'd be right, however I have never made that statement. I'm bound to have said I prefer Space to being on a planet but that isn't the same thing.

This point is non-sensical to me. Why would Mindark not want the other PPs to struggle? Successful PPs equals a successful Universe which is a win for Mindark. I'll admit I really haven't got some of their ideas down the years, but if you're claiming that Mindark want Calypso to dominate the PPs then I simply cannot agree.

This how MA works they make grand gestures to get your money and run away with it. They done it with MS, PP and stables etc. MA own Caly its in their own interest for them to be most dominate. They made it alot harder for other PP to produce stuff. Elm guns, upgrades to UL faps, upgrades to UL armour etc. When do you ever see a events on other planets that have ul rings as prizes? Even in easter 2016 strongboxes dropped pets, but they had to be L7 before they can be spawned of Caly.

Yes I agree, but then the last I heard (I could be mistaken) was that Mindark are rather understaffed due to funding. If this is accurate then it is a major problem for them. I work in an environment in real life where we are understaffed. We can't do everything we need to and so are constantly fire-fighting. It is also very stressful.

Hence why people are arguing that compets was such a waste time and money. Why players don't want them to spend so much time on space when there is so much other just important stuff that needs sorting.

Great for him and Rocktropia. Good that someone is able to think outside the box, adapt to the poor support that MA give then thrive. Maybe not all the PPs are doomed after all then.

Its not been easy, but the community has stuck together and worked together to make it better. It has not been easy we did not get finders till last year, as MA said D-Class amps was being produced so much we did not need them. I believe Ark is same the community keeps fighting to make the planet better, but still struggle under Caly dominance. Touloun will struggle even more. How can they compete with other Planets especially Caly with all ul stuff, better buffs on pets, etc. For the universe to survive the planets need to be near enough equal and have similar stuff. This would make Space better as well as people are not just export genetic stuff to sell on Caly.

If I thought Space was more important than the PPs then you'd be right, however I have never made that statement. I'm bound to have said I prefer Space to being on a planet but that isn't the same thing.

I was referring to what you said.

My prediction is Mindark have ideas for Space that will be seen if, maybe, two, three or four planet partners drop out.

If PP dont work Space will also fail.

Idkn if we play the same game but I will give you some basics. The last years MA has killed average markup and cut out chances to break even/profit. For the majority of players this means that paying for moving stuff close to TT value makes no sense since this cost kills whatever they had left of markup. So adding a cost to get your loot sent from Arcadia to caly will make players just stay on caly since this is the only working economy. I've tried using ark auction, it doesn't work! The open teleportes should work with loot also. You guys can play with each others up in space. Why do you have to force us into the game?

I am a planet dweller, just like you. All of my space related skills are less than 10 points. Just because I advocate space content/changes does not mean I even like space. I do not even own a kismet lol! My real reason for caring is fully explained in my MS Paint diagram. Its about the economy.

Space is the one ring to rule them all... and in the darkness BIND them :)

The economy is broken in part because we have a missing piece to the puzzle, we need about 200 more blueprints similar to the welding wire (using multiplanet materials).

Minim, ask yourself why Ark auction doesnt work for you... Is it possible it's because all the other players brought all the stackables they needed too? It is entirely possible these pp are suffering exactly bc of that. We know the system we have now isn't working. I think we can agree to that.

I fail to see any circumstance where a player needs to travel instantly with loot and cannot wait a few hours for delivery. Can you convince me why that is necessary? I just cannot myself see the fair reason why anyone needs to arrive on a new planet with their pockets already stuffed.

You stand to gain a lot more than I if loot on planets now had better mu% because they are needed in space..

Hence why people are arguing that compets was such a waste time and money. Why players don't want them to spend so much time on space when there is so much other just important stuff that needs sorting....
If PP dont work Space will also fail.

Its less about them spending all their time doing space content, and more about them getting space up to speed so it can take its rightful place as a key cog in the entire game's economy. I don't want them wasting time designing new space stations and such, I want them getting the foundations of a space economy going through blueprints.Blueprints that need planetary loot from all over the universe.

pp well being and space well being are not mutually exclusive... they are connected more than many think.

Last edited:
And here it is the space part of State of the Universe 2017...

MindArk also plans to address many of the existing issues affecting interplanetary Space gameplay, specifically ship balance and travel. Once those important balance issues are resolved, we look forward to implemented new and previously planned features, such as galactic transport.
Originally Posted Here

The primary focus which was promised for space after compet seems to however gone this year to the new battle simulator - lets hope this wont take the whole year and that we can still see many of the space promises from the last 6 years finally being 'implemented'.

Updated first post.

And here it is the space part of State of the Universe 2017...

The primary focus which was promised for space after compet seems to however gone this year to the new battle simulator - lets hope this wont take the whole year and that we can still see many of the space promises from the last 6 years finally being 'implemented'.

Updated first post.

Remember how long we waited for pet taming to come back?

I have a feeling space fix wait is going to make the pet taming wait look quaint in comparison.

Remember how long we waited for pet taming to come back?

I have a feeling space fix wait is going to make the pet taming wait look quaint in comparison.

Space already has beaten the pet taming wait which was 5 years i think - not sure if we should be proud or frustrated about that ;)

Space already has beaten the pet taming wait which was 5 years i think - not sure if we should be proud or frustrated about that ;)

Wow. That's insane.

I wish it were better, I'd love to hunt there, but I refuse to hunt in lootable PvP.

Back