pricecheck: Mod Merc

Thanks for the update.

There used to be a chart floating around a long while ago that showed that you could get a decent (at the time) ~2.8dpp even at lower levels, somewhere in the lvl 80s iirc. Now there are weapons with 2.9dpp, so that chart might be outdated, but I was curious.

[/url]

why do u need to go treasure hunting for a chart when u can just go and check the wep compare tool on entropedia and u can insert your profession lvl to see how much eco u have on certain guns ? such a long question :wise: but the answer lies within it :wise: so don't answer an answered question !

why do u need to go treasure hunting for a chart when u can just go and check the wep compare tool on entropedia and u can insert your profession lvl to see how much eco u have on certain guns ? such a long question :wise: but the answer lies within it :wise: so don't answer an answered question !

So what's the answer to the question, "is there a level it might start making sense to use one before you get to 100?"

There are a lot of levels before 100, when would YOU attempt it, or would you?

So what's the answer to the question, "is there a level it might start making sense to use one before you get to 100?"

There are a lot of levels before 100, when would YOU attempt it, or would you?

well that depends only on what target YOU have for dpp. dps can be achieved quite easy, but dpp is a whole different story. and the problem is that dpp matters more and more as u progress because of the higher ped rotations; still, there are many who just don't give a fuck about dpp and they don't mind that for a 5000 ped hunt they kill 100k-200k less hp because of the dpp difference from gear - but this is just an example.

set yourself a target dpp and compare to a good dpp, then see what the difference in hp killed is for each 1000, 5000 ped spent on ammo+decay. if u are fine with the result then keep on doing it but be adviced, u should really take into account the lvl you're hunting at because i'll say it again: in my opinion dpp importance increases as u progress in lvl because of the higher ped rotations (and in conclusion, how much ped u're willing to throw out the window because of inefficient/uneco setups)

just my opinion
GL

well that depends only on what target YOU have for dpp. dps can be achieved quite easy, but dpp is a whole different story. and the problem is that dpp matters more and more as u progress because of the higher ped rotations; still, there are many who just don't give a fuck about dpp and they don't mind that for a 5000 ped hunt they kill 100k-200k less hp because of the dpp difference from gear - but this is just an example.

set yourself a target dpp and compare to a good dpp, then see what the difference in hp killed is for each 1000, 5000 ped spent on ammo+decay. if u are fine with the result then keep on doing it but be adviced, u should really take into account the lvl you're hunting at because i'll say it again: in my opinion dpp importance increases as u progress in lvl because of the higher ped rotations (and in conclusion, how much ped u're willing to throw out the window because of inefficient/uneco setups)

just my opinion
GL

Or, as my professors used to say (A LOT), "It depends."

Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

90k. More for increased range like SGA or Ancient.

Plus this is selling season. Come the fall maybe 100k again.

bump

b.u.m.p :)

Last one that sold in auction went for 40K (don't know what tier), but it was favoured in auction for some crazy reason over an LP-70 Mayhem gun that had better eco and power, and easier 10/10 stats (which was also listed for 40K at the same time).

I find it quite strange that MM appears to hold more value than most FEN items, which suggest to me that something is seriously f**ed up with this game. Is MA still favouring owners of those Mod Mercs over superior new weapons, whats going on under the bullshit hood?

Rick

Last one that sold in auction went for 40K (don't know what tier), but it was favoured in auction for some crazy reason over an LP-70 Mayhem gun that had better eco and power, and easier 10/10 stats (which was also listed for 40K at the same time).

I find it quite strange that MM appears to hold more value than most FEN items, which suggest to me that something is seriously f**ed up with this game. Is MA still favouring owners of those Mod Mercs over superior new weapons, whats going on under the bullshit hood?

Rick

Couple friends have MM and none of them are boasting some incredible returns or dark secrets. My best guess is there are players who want to play above their level and having a MM allows them to have some hit/crit hit ability versus a FEN gun that isnt in their level range. Also it could be just the name/item that holds value to some people

Rick

Are you sure it was an LP-70 FEN that was on auctions for 40K? I have not seen one for sale even 20K above that price since they were introduced, though there have been LP-40s for the 40K price range.

Are you sure it was an LP-70 FEN that was on auctions for 40K? I have not seen one for sale even 20K above that price since they were introduced, though there have been LP-40s for the 40K price range.

Now I'm in the dock under oath, I can no longer remember judge... it was over Christmas. But at the time of writing I was confident with what I wrote.

However the benefits of pricing weapons need to be understood. If we're being returned cost of damage on a personal level, rather than simply a general return on damage inflicted, then I question the validity of efficient weapons.

In other words if it costs less to use an efficent weapon, so the system pays you less. Then why do we need it?
If you're not going to loot the cost back, or gain profit to cover the cost of the purchase why buy it?

If you not going to loot back tiering costs, or improve your return...why do you need it to tier it, other than competitive edge in events?

I do not feel comfortable with the smoke and mirrors of it all "in todays" game. MA refuse to debate loot in the new system, although some clarity of what we should expect would be welcome.

Last time I played this game on 23rd Jan 2019, I ran well over 2600 ped of cost with one small 81 ped global using an efficient FEN weapon at a huge loss. I trust nothing, believe nothing, and my confidence is still in negative territory (whilst I finish paying down the real life costs of item purchase). Based on stats, that FEN club makes the Mod Merc look like something from the stone age. and it wouldn't resell for 16K so why is a Mod Merc worth more, and it's not even a SIB weapon?

Rick

I do not feel comfortable with the smoke and mirrors of it all "in todays" game. MA refuse to debate loot in the new system, although some clarity of what we should expect would be welcome.

Since loot 2.0 we have more information (provides by MA and through testing) about how the loot calculation works then ever before. It's pretty easy to test both return and loot composition changing by using different DPP/Eff combinations.

Since loot 2.0 we have more information (provides by MA and through testing) about how the loot calculation works then ever before. It's pretty easy to test both return and loot composition changing by using different DPP/Eff combinations.

In the ever changing game under the hood (more so now than ever), I'll leave you to believe that everything MA said yesterday remains the same tomorrow :p

Since MA clearly decided not to discuss loot in the recent AMA questions, suggests to me they're scratching their heads to what they changed. They probably fixed whatever f**k-up they introduced, but maybe they didn't.

It's expensive to test f**ked up software, remember that.

Rick

In the ever changing game under the hood (more so now than ever), I'll leave you to believe that everything MA said yesterday remains the same tomorrow :p

It's fairly easy to see the patterns, just keep your eyes open. There is not that much change at all, don't agree to this statement.

But way offtopic now

Ontopic:
Based on stats, that FEN club makes the Mod Merc look like something from the stone age. and it wouldn't resell for 16K so why is a Mod Merc worth more, and it's not even a SIB weapon?
The stats that make the difference between the two tools you mention is the DPS.

Now I'm in the dock under oath, I can no longer remember judge... it was over Christmas. But at the time of writing I was confident with what I wrote.
LP 70 was never 40k or close.

Bit offtopic but hopefully it can help:
MA refuse to debate loot in the new system, although some clarity of what we should expect would be welcome.
There is not much to debate. MA made statements of how things work and players tested and the information is on the forums already, as common knowledge, but saying:
I trust nothing, believe nothing, and my confidence is still in negative territory
.. how is further clarification going to help you if you don't trust it? :)

If we're being returned cost of damage on a personal level
We are only returned the cost(tt) of the kill on each mob, since loot 2.0.
Not damage, not markup spent, only TT in (common knowledge, tested by others)

I question the validity of efficient weapons.
It is very good to question everything. But sometimes it's also beneficial to trust the efforts of others that tested before you, or verify their tests.

In other words if it costs less to use an efficent weapon, so the system pays you less. Then why do we need it?
If you're not going to loot the cost back, or gain profit to cover the cost of the purchase why buy it?
Efficiency increases your TT return only. No one claimed yet that there is a possibility to TT profit, as it was previously (before loot 2.0), from efficiency alone. Again, efficiency only lowers your TT loss. And to put the globaling in perspective too, the better the weapon is the lower your chance of global is. (again - this should be common knowledge - you only have to put a few pieces together)

However the benefits of pricing weapons need to be understood.
(whilst I finish paying down the real life costs of item purchase)
PLEASE! Only buy a weapon only after you understand its place on the entire spectrum of weapons.

Ontopic:

.. how is further clarification going to help you if you don't trust it? :)

PLEASE! Only buy a weapon only after you understand its place on the entire spectrum of weapons.

As much as I don't want to argue for arguing sake. Above are only points that really matter.

Further clarity would provide confidence if MA stated there is a 'return over cost' benefit to running 'new' FEN items within the current system, even it was as vauge as that. Since you and your buddies still need to shift a ton of gear, that would assist you as well.

It doesn't really matter what skin covers the stats on the weapon, the system works on stats. As I've pointed out previously the weapon worked ok during Merry Mayhem, so why it completed died after the event raises valid concerns. One of the biggest issues I've had with the system over the years, is those times MA turns returns off regardless whatever weapon you're using. But why the retuns were so brutal with caly global ban, will I guess always remain a mystery.

That Mace based on stats is up there with the best weapons in the game, so I don't quite understand what you're suggesting with "understand its place"....that just sounds like a arrogant vauge pointless comment. Sorry but it does. We can all pull our cocks out and slap it on the table with a thud, although that's not going to help anyone is it.

Rick

Further clarity would provide confidence if MA stated there is a 'return over cost' benefit to running 'new' FEN items within the current system, even it was as vauge as that.

They already have. It doesn't apply only to FEN items but all items. FEN items just happen to fare very well with the new system.

That Mace based on stats is up there with the best weapons in the game, so I don't quite understand what you're suggesting with "understand its place"....that just sounds like a arrogant vauge pointless comment. Sorry but it does. We can all pull our cocks out and slap it on the table with a thud, although that's not going to help anyone is it.

Rick

You again put 0 thought, 0 brian into this post.

You got it wrong, the "understand its place".... actually should have said: understand what the fuck you are paying for, because you pulled your card/cock out and and expected all the money to come to you without a clue what various parameters do what. And when someone does a honest attempt to help you understand you start accusing and insulting and you act like you are super bored with the actual truth and want to know what's under the hood... ofc you will never understand shit about the game.

Please stop hijacking a price check thread and go in a forum section and start threads with questions/theories and others will explain you.

You again put 0 thought, 0 brian into this post.

You got it wrong, the "understand its place".... actually should have said: understand what the fuck you are paying for, because you pulled your card/cock out and and expected all the money to come to you without a clue what various parameters do what. And when someone does a honest attempt to help you understand you start accusing and insulting and you act like you are super bored with the actual truth and want to know what's under the hood... ofc you will never understand shit about the game.

Please stop hijacking a price check thread and go in a forum section and start threads with questions/theories and others will explain you.

Any FEN weapon or Merry Mayhem Token weapon with 'superior' stats should have greater value than a 2006 or earlier dated weapon. For that simple reason the Mod Merc should not have higher value than those weapons. That is basic common sense.

If you're saying a 2006 weapon is better than a 2018 weapon, then this game is f***ing con, and the prices you guys demand for FEN is then clearly expliotation of the player base trust in value.

You cant have it both ways. You can't put 100K price tags on FEN items and in the same breath say they're shit compared to Mod Merc. Do you actually understand what you write before trolling, or are so consumed to slag me off that you go into rant mode without thinking about what message you're 'selling'.

I find it offensive that you and some others refuse to allow me an opinion, without trolling me. I woudn't mind so much if there was some intelligence and reasoning behind your argument, as I actually enjoy good debate but sadly your ego gets in the way.

Not one player can predict a loot outcome, we simply use a weapon and await what the system or balancing manager will pay us back. Yes I bought a really good weapon and therefore expect it to perform. Do you actually hear what you are saying? You're suggesting that buying a good weapon "shouldn't" come with good expectations.

Ok I'll give you chance. Why was buying FEN Mace a bad choice? It has better stats than a Mod Merc and was a third of the price? I'm listening, explain to me why that was a bad decision?

I was going to ask if you're on some kind of bonus loot per troll, but I wont go there just 'yet' and I'll challenge you with the opportunity to redeem your poor argument?

Rick

PS: Can you not use terms like "please stop", becasue that comes across as very elitest rude arrogant and smug as f**k and wants me to desire posting pictures of you with an MA cock in each hand, with ton of white cream running down your face. Thank you

Last edited:
Ok I'll give you chance. Why was buying FEN Mace a bad choice? It has better stats than a Mod Merc and was a third of the price? I'm listening, explain to me why that was a bad decision?

For the same reason you don't buy an expensive sport car for daily use if you are farmer.

Why was buying FEN Mace a bad choice?

Buying that FEN mace was the best thing you ever did in this game EVER but sadly you do not have one clue what is what. You don't know why you did it and there is NO ONE able to make you understand, because you clearly refuse any information coming your way and you keep your mind full with what's under the hood and various conspiracy theories.

A good archaeologist could probably find me a rock on planet Earth that has a better chance than you to understand how the game works, that also has some desire to listen.

With my best intentions earlier I tried to explain what efficiency is and you pissed on my olive branch and every time you talk about people selling the stuff they loot I think you are a millimeter away from a revelation and maybe you understand that this game is about selling your loot to others (oils, components, ESIs, everything you loot) but then you come storming with the best you can do - your global ban :laugh::laugh::laugh: as if doing well in this game has anything to do with getting globals...

PS Please stop trying to figure out stuff and start walking pets again.
Also, please equip [Head (L)] and press auto use.

Joda sold his t10 for 50k recently if im not mistaking. Im currently using the MM SGA and it took me from lv 92 hit to 100 pretty fast and i had some nice profit streaks in between. The efficiency is a mystery to me the MM is far superior stats wise compared to LP-70 FEN, it has higher base dps, less ammo burn, way better better durability and even way more range still it has way lower effi :-/ some1 told me eff is like a stat of its own not affected by the other stats or eco of the gun. Anyway the game feels rigged best case scenario u get 98% tt return and 0% chance of profit unless winning event and selling guns. I`m running at max reload and max focus blow with 3% lifesteal 0 healing cost and 20% evade, still im loosing 100 ped every hr/1000ped ammo spent wich adds up when grinding 10hr a day.
I had to take a break now since i feel like MA would bleed me dry if given the chance atm.

When running @ 15% reload from gear u o longer benefit speedwise from pills, any surplus results in added ammo burn and dmg.

PS Please stop trying to figure out stuff and start walking pets again.
Also, please equip [Head (L)] and press auto use.

Now that was funny, but there are other ways to explain things.

Rick

I remember this. There was an LP70 FEN up for something crazy like +80k, and a LP40 perfected for 38.8, over Christmas. I bought the LP-40 Perfected. I wonder if this is what you saw.

I remember this. There was an LP70 FEN up for something crazy like +80k, and a LP40 perfected for 38.8, over Christmas. I bought the LP-40 Perfected. I wonder if this is what you saw.

It must have been. I have been closely tracking all the LP-70 FEN Editions and none of them have been on the market for even close to +40k.

Someone got a clue?

Back