Question: Generic Leather Daily Mission - Why?

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
I'm completely confused by MA's decision to cut the generic leather crafting mission in half. It makes no sense.

Every other non-bonus crafting mission is set to cost as close to 40 ped TT as possible. (there is one exception) They all give 2 tokens. Even the one non-bonus mission that is only 20 ped still gives 2 tokens.

The gen leather mission fit this pattern perfectly. cost = 39.97 TT and 2 tokens.

Now it's 20.02 tt and 1 token. The only crafting mission to give only 1 token.

Why change it? The tt returns on it aren't amazing. The materials aren't even that cheap, MU-wise. Skill gains are crap. It was the same cost as all other daily crafting, so no benefit there.

Why make that change? I don't get it.

Maybe to many abandon it because they don´t have enough leather in storage and refuse to buy it?

MA/PP have the data, and the decission for change is obvisously based on some internal data, we players have no access to.

I'd guess two reasons:
- Item consumption: 571 basic leather extractors and 1142 generic leather;
- Time consumption: it takes a long time to click 571 attempts.

I don't think time nor abandoning are the factor.

It takes less than 1 hour to click. @0.07/click you can spend less/hour clicking lvl 1 explosive or many other bps.

As for abandoning, it's one of the easier missions to get materials for, even though the MU isn't fun to spend.

All their dailies have a pattern. The mining missions are all 50 ped tt, regardless of matter/ore, so they offer the same token count.

As for the hunting missions, those are broken up into roughly total avg. health needed to finish.

I think time is the biggest factor, at least for me.
Can't be bothered to wait while it does 571 clicks.
Which is the next highest number of clicks for the daily crafting missions? 87 combustors?

That honestly was my favorite daily mission. Always have enough hides in storage from other planets, and it takes exactly time i need to prepare breakfast and get a shower. Always great returns too. Sad its only 1 token now :(

Back