ComPet beta: what MA needs to tell us...

jetsina

Elite
Ok, as we have more waiting time again and time pressures for beta to run smootly - what should MA be telling us and we be telling them?

Firstly, I'd like to know what questions you consider essential, that should be clarified before closed beta begins.
Mine, in approx. order of importance are:
1: will there be a partial or full server reset (or several) between remaining phases before gold and the final launch?
2: will deposits be possible and from what sources (+ if 1: is a yes, how will account balances/skill levels be dealt with)? Plausible option is that only in-game free play is possible to begin with during beta.
3: will there be ComPet deed payouts during the beta?
4: what will be the accounts per player policy and if we can have 1 EU account and 1 ComPet account, will transfers of peds between the two be possible?

I'm sure you can think of other things you think it will be important for MA to tell us, which may not be in their planned set of bulletins yet. Maybe posters can quote the points of others they agree with, so that even if MA don't tell us, we will know what we want answered as a community :)

MA doesn't answer questions or make status reports. They don't care about customer feedback or needs.

it would be nice to know how often the deeds will pay out. AUDs are going daily, clds weekly. Are compets monthly, quarterly, or yearly?

MA not answering is not a reason for me to not think questions - and sometimes they do give answers.

I don't mind daily or weekly payouts, but I do wonder if the payouts will only be to the EU payouts centre or can be used in ComPet. Overall I'd like to know more about the links between the two fields, or PLANNED links at least, also regarding pet transfers etc, but I accept that beta may be closed off from connections for various reasons.

I don't think MA needs to tell US anything..

This is EU.. Not ComPets..

I could give two warm, steaming shits about ComPets.. It's a funding and resource suck from EU and a waste as far as I'm concerned. I gave up playing Pokémon a long time ago..

I think where investors are involved MA have a duty to keep us informed and they have been quite good at that with the EU Buzz feeds. Obviously news is addictive, we always want more and more....and more is always welcome.

I would say that compet deeds should Payout in beta if MA is going to profit from beta themselves. That's not a yes/no question, it's simply an investor right.

I think MA already mentioned you'd need one EU account to log-in, that makes sense to be fair especially from cross platform use.

I'd be surprised if they reset it, call it an investor bonus to get in there first. They might force some adjustment during beta though, we're testing it. But lets face facts, the game is basically finished, the testing is to iron out minor bugs.

I'd like to know if there's chat or socs/alliances.

A big question for me is can we send in our pre-trained pets, and do any pets that are sent in retain their XP. I don't want that kick in the teeth feeling....it's not funny. Let's be open and honest, with customers, and the game will reward the developer.

It occurred to me recently that maybe MA don't want us to send pets in, as they've got other plans...(shakes head wondering what to think).

I find it frustrating sometimes, with all this half built stuff, I'm sure stable owners have their own questions.

But above everything else, I'm looking forward to some fun that won't cost me a new mortgage every month. Seriously; I want my ten year relationship with MA to feel more satisfying, I kind of feel like I deserve that after so long.

Throw your questions in the hat, get it all out.

Rick

They simply do not give any details as it could affect the economy.

I'd like to know if there's chat or socs/alliances.

nice long post - I'll select the above - good questions.
I wonder how many functions will not be implemented initially - it would be typical MA.
I can see reasons for beta to not include EU links, for example, but there might be more not tested in the beta.

But I repeat your question, yes: will there be chat and/or socs/alliances? + movement of home village location?

nice long post - I'll select the above - good questions.
I wonder how many functions will not be implemented initially - it would be typical MA.
I can see reasons for beta to not include EU links, for example, but there might be more not tested in the beta.

But I repeat your question, yes: will there be chat and/or socs/alliances? + movement of home village location?

Sure I agree.

It's not so bad if during Beta the game needs more add-ons, but that's not much time to May and the real release.

This really is a massive step for MA, they have to get it right. Reputation is everything in this totally new yet growing market and it needs a different approach. There's so much competition out there, customers simply will not accept sloppiness, and they will remember and move on.

Sure we are used to all that in EU, but MA need a reality check if they f*** this up. I have faith in Kim though, he wants to make it work, the guy probably needs a bloody holiday after all this. I hope his wife has been accommodating and standing by him, during all the stress.

You know if they get it right, the rest of those deeds will fly of the shelves, and that's just the start. 30% revenue on those remember in a low overhead game. It will make CLD's look like poor investment (seriously, even though some may laugh. ok I admit it, my heart wants to work as well as my head).

Rick

You should really think of CLDs as non-voting ordinary shares judging by the definitiion.

Even if they did give people information it wouldn't be of much use other than if you wanted to sell your CLDs or not.

If there's no depositing in the beta then a full reset should happen imho. There could have been adjustments made to the game play that results in a disadvantage to players joining later after launch, the very people you're relying on to pay to play.

Most games don't require you to pay for a deed to play beta versions - I've been invited to play games in prerelease beta and I wouldn't expect to be able to keep skills or items gained in that time.

Last edited:
while more info would certainly be appreciated, I don't think THOSE questions need to be answered before the beta begins. I don't expect there to be rmt while the beta lasts (unless assets are carried over into the game proper, as it happened e.g. in Hearthstone), and I certainly don't expect payouts during beta as that idea makes no sense whatsoever.

as for the pay-to-win aspect... why wouldn't it be exactly like hearthstone or league of legends: slowly grind your way to a good deck/champ pool - or drop in money to get a lot of packs/champions right away. I played league religiously for years and got maybe 2/3 of champs tops, never paying a single cent. sure, playing for PED might requre to put in PED first, but I'd very much expect you can get all monsters for free too, if you're willing to spend a lot of time

You should really think of CLDs as non-voting ordinary shares judging by the definitiion.

Even if they did give people information it wouldn't be of much use other than if you wanted to sell your CLDs or not.

If there's no depositing in the beta then a full reset should happen imho. There could have been adjustments made to the game play that results in a disadvantage to players joining later after launch, the very people you're relying on to pay to play.

Most games don't require you to pay for a deed to play beta versions - I've been invited to play games in prerelease beta and I wouldn't expect to be able to keep skills or items gained in that time.

Interesting post.

I've been a playing alot of Mobile Strike lately (smartphone game), since the UK is flooded with TV adverts with Arnie sucking us in.

They have many worlds, where they allocate new players to a more newbie land (if that makes sense), so long termers are sort of kept away from newbies. I have no idea if you can cross over worlds when you become an uber.

Lets assume MA has 100's thousands of players, I guess they will need multi-worlds too. There's quite a lot of Forts I've found though where people have abandoned their game, but the system seems to regenerate a basic number of soldiers (like 20) to keep that Fort activate.

there seems to be about 8000 Forts per World area.

So maybe beta players have access to the first world on the first server....Kind of cool really.

I agree no reset if players have paid.

Rick

So maybe beta players have access to the first world on the first server....Kind of cool really.

I agree no reset if players have paid.

Rick

Indeed, there are various games with different servers running for different time zones or levels of development (i.e. time already running). Maybe one avatar will be able to run various villages independently, as is possible elsewhere....

Back