President of Virtual Reality: Voting has ended - what happens next?

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
President of Virtual Reality Election Update

[h=2]President of Virtual Reality Election Update[/h]The election hosted by MindArk to choose the first president of Virtual Reality concluded on Monday March 28th, 2016.

After executing an impressive global campaign and promoting a very ambitious agenda Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs was elected by VR citizens from around the world as The First President of Virtual Reality. The President will remain in office for 4 years. The next election will take place in the first quarter of 2020.

MindArk will work together with the newly elected president and support initiatives to expand the frontiers of VR culture, the global adoption of interoperable avatars and the Real Cash economy business model.

Originally Posted Here

Has this slipped from everyone's minds?

Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs is clear winner with 70.9% of the votes, as per the results here: http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/

Who were Candidates B and C I wonder? Did they even exist in the first place?

I don't see any news articles or updates regarding the voting for the President of Virtual reality which ended 3 days ago on Sunday 27th March. The VoteNeverdie website hasn't been updated, nor has the ND Facebook page.

I don't see anything on the POVR website or any announcements from MindArk, for instance. I would have expected they wanted to keep some momentum going and make a big deal of it. Perhaps not? Or maybe we just have to wait - the Easter Mayhem and MMOWC was perhaps a nice little distraction.

Just interested to know really, seeing as there has been quite a bit fuss about it up to a point. Am I missing something? :confused:

Last edited:
I think I'm going to run for President to be President of the President of Virtual Reality, purely as there is no reason for this to hold as much weight over the President of Virtual Reality, as the President of Virtual Reality has over Virtual Reality.

Vote One PostHistory............

Grats Neverdie

Please improve this game !!!!!!! Whip Mindark into shape! :yay:

Maybe it was a very long lead up to an April fool.

Has this slipped from everyone's minds?

Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs is clear winner with 70.9% of the votes, as per the results here: http://www.presidentofvirtualreality.com/

Who were Candidates B and C I wonder? Did they even exist in the first place?

Well there was some debate but I can clearly say that I was B! -- And lost :(

C was SEE (to try and make McCormick happy)

But since long gone SEE and I didn't win I will need to back down and say gratz to Neverdie! Bring us thoes 1 billion jobs!

...... you will receive an email as soon as the VR Day commemorative Strongboxes are ready.

hey dude where´s mine VR Day commemorative Strongbox ?

[h=2]President of Virtual Reality Election Update[/h]The election hosted by MindArk to choose the first president of Virtual Reality concluded on Monday March 28th, 2016.
After executing an impressive global campaign and promoting a very ambitious agenda Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs was elected by VR citizens from around the world as The First President of Virtual Reality. The President will remain in office for 4 years. The next election will take place in the first quarter of 2020.
MindArk will work together with the newly elected president and support initiatives to expand the frontiers of VR culture, the global adoption of interoperable avatars and the Real Cash economy business model.
!
!

Originally Posted Here

And well here is the update! I guess it wasn't an April Foul! heh :( Sure hope this update gives us that Srongebox! :)

hey dude where´s mine VR Day commemorative Strongbox ?

You guys are so mean, I think this whole idea was cute! :ahh:

At least they were working on -something- that wasn't compets :wtg:

You guys are so mean, I think this whole idea was cute! :ahh:

(yes it was)

Can't wait to see RT's VU update tonight! :)

nevermind, I found it.

I should have waited a few more minutes I guess before starting my other thread. Oh well.

Funny timing this. I checked over the EU website and since starting this thread, our friend Bertha Bot had already picked up on this:

President of Virtual Reality Election Update

The election hosted by MindArk to choose the first president of Virtual Reality concluded on Monday March 28th, 2016.

Mods - I guess the two threads could be merged if considered appropriate.

So when is ND bringing in benefits? As I don't see any jobs available, I'd like to claim for out-of-work benefits please.

1 Apartment, some furniture, and a weekly stipend to spend on heroin (I mean skill boost pills).

They still havent said what the -something- really is yet.

Still no details.

Rgds

Ace

i still wonder what is this good for , what do president of virtual reality....
what is the point of all this , beside creating cheap buzz and fake advert ?

(...) the global adoption of interoperable avatars (...)

So, do they even know what they meant when they wrote that ? :laugh:

As these elections emerged in the horizon, where were the presidential debates ? Where were/are/is the presidential plan(s), where was a universe-wide in-game campaign, what does he actually plan to do ? Literature about this is nowhere to be seen. :scratch2:

The only thing i could read about this campaign was a vague "candidate promise" of "One Billion Jobs in Virtual Reality" - so, is he going to create an avatar called One Billion Jobs and that's it ?

It was an almost nice marketing campaign though, but i do seriously doubt this will affect any players in the long run or if it will have any impact, besides some media stir up over a few weeks and then everybody forgets about it. :laugh:

Oh stop it osga. Why do you have to be so sceptic. :dunce: :cool: :yay:

So, do they even know what they meant when they wrote that ? :laugh:

They mean that once the President is done with spreading our democratic values to the rest of virtual reality, you will be able to login to WoW with your EU avatar and wreak havoc on unsuspecting orcs with your Skildek Vaporizer, take their gold, and spend it in brothels of Second Life :cool:

They mean that once the President is done with spreading our democratic values to the rest of virtual reality, you will be able to login to WoW with your EU avatar and wreak havoc on unsuspecting orcs with your Skildek Vaporizer, take their gold, and spend it in brothels of Second Life :cool:

No Reilly Boots (M,C) on the ground! Send Drones!

So 4 years to work on my campign. Can't we do a revolutione? Viva la revolutione :yay:

Damn can't wait to spawn my Pitbull in the middle of a CS:GO match!!!! woohoooo!!!! :wtg: :yay:

Sounds like an election in Arizona.. :)

I thought the Pres was gona focus on improving Entropia... not taking control of VR itself...

How about you start a VR revolution after fixing all the EU bugs and giving us some content updates?

:scratch2:

recount.jpg

Just joking, congratulations Neverdie. :)

Back