PSA: Stop repairing my Sleip without asking me.

The link is in post 4 of this thread :)

haha briliant, I must click links more often

that whole thread is funny as hell, about as funny as "someone stole my apartment "thread :D

Last edited:
On a more positive note, I managed to outrun a pirate the other day using the speed bug :cool:

Felt good. Can nearly double the speed of my quad if I do it right. Keep in mind MA has not acknowledged this as a bug or exploit after many support cases. And many pirates use it to kill you. It's fair game :cool:

Read about it here if you don't know what I'm talking about:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nk-that-Quad-is-fast-you-should-see-me-in-bed!

Good thing I am not asking for a change in rules :laugh:

Just hoping people will think twice before doing what they perceive as a "favor" and take these concerns into consideration. I have faith in the communtiy :wise:

I like to skill my repair, so I repair everything in sight that needs it! (and hopefully I'm helping)...

but like you, I also try to keep my ships broken for the same reason...
just try not to spawn it around people! :lolup:

Just going to leave this here....

One thing I do differently from the norm in space is: I ALWAYS repair my quad to the fullest extent possible. This habit has saved my (and my passenger's) bacon on at least 3 occasions when I was able to land on a planet before an attacker could finish shooting my quad down. On another occasion, a pirate appears to have abandoned shooting at me in favor of shooting down someone else who showed up with fewer hit points. I was not shot down and had no trouble for the rest of that trip. On yet another occasion after I lost a pirate in my rearview mirror (I fly in safe mode and carry little weight), a pm appeared from someone who was able to get away while the pirate was chasing (and losing) me.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

This is just as effective as making a thread asking pirates not to shoot you down in space. Repping is gonna happen cuz free skills! It's too tempting.

This is the "2016 version" of BlackHawk's "Dont Fap Me" thread I think.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-me-again-I-will-file-support-for-harassment!

Where did those 6 years go? :(

Gawd I don't know! :(

Seriously, though. You reach a small number of the population with this thread. And even if you did you would be more likely to attract trolls than deter people. You can't change how people play, they do what they wish and its within the rules. You're going to just have to change how you play, that's really the only option.

Do you mind not spawning you're Sleip and then running away to go drill a claim, instead drill you're claim and then spawn it, and fly away. You cause me unnecessary lag and are causing visual pollution to the scenery directly on my mining route.

:laugh:

ten characters

Oh my, how many times I've flown across space in my slow-as-shit unrepaired Sleipnir, full of lootable items... !

Oh my, how many times I've flown across space in my slow-as-shit unrepaired Sleipnir, full of lootable items... !

Another condescending/ignorant comment, keep em' coming folks, I love it when idiots make asses out of themselves!

:lolup:

1. I fly my sleip from Caly SS > Foma or CP before I get in my Quad. Short flight and let's me avoid damage to my quad from nearby pirates that tend to hover around Caly.
(On the other hand I do have disciples that only use their Sleip since they can't afford a Quad, and they keep it on low repair as I do)

2. I never carry lootables. This is about decay on my ships. Not sure what you're talking about or if you even read past the 1st post in the thread.

Another condescending/ignorant comment, keep em' coming folks, I love it when idiots make asses out of themselves!

:lolup:

Umm.. it wasn't meant to be. Not sure if you've read that in the wrong way but... I'm offended. Crikey lol.

Anyways, I don't mind people repairing my stuff. I have some vehicles that are pretty battered, I think I should leave them out a bit more :)

Umm.. it wasn't meant to be. Not sure if you've read that in the wrong way but... I'm offended. Crikey lol.

Anyways, I don't mind people repairing my stuff. I have some vehicles that are pretty battered, I think I should leave them out a bit more :)

Sorry :(

10chars

Sorry :(

10chars

No harm done friend :)

Agree though that perhaps a lot of people spotting the opportunity to repair something might automatically do so in a good-natured way. Kinda like healing people at revival I guess, although that's not quite the same, but you get the idea.

you did that just fine

Update: it seems my above comment put me back on NVE's list of targets. Heh. They're still super slow.

Update: it seems my above comment put me back on NVE's list of targets. Heh. They're still super slow.

With a full repaired quad its quite possible to turn around once pirates start shooting and landing at the ss for repairs. That way the one dung I always carry gets rather expensive

Yes, I agree, common courtesy dictates you ask permission to repair someone else's vehicles.
Every time someone repairs under the guise of "good deed" they are robbing me of the skill I gain from repairing my own vehicles.

nice necro... seriously though... don't like it, don't spawn it. Kinda hard to repair a moving vehicle... if you aren't driving it somewhere it should be put away as it is just cluttering up the landscape as visual pollution.

I am trying to keep my Sleip on low HP so I get minimum decay from pirates. Same goes for my Quad-Wing.

Fast and Easy ... Invest into two Sleips ... the decayed
one for Space and the fully repaired for Planet Travel.

And please don't blame Player for be a little bit helpfull.

Greetings - Zwarky

nice necro... seriously though... don't like it, don't spawn it. Kinda hard to repair a moving vehicle... if you aren't driving it somewhere it should be put away as it is just cluttering up the landscape as visual pollution.

Well noob that I am, I just assumed - I see a battered vehicle just sitting there, I always thought it was left to be repaired & so honestly thought I was helping.

And guess what - its often the case.

You don't want your vehicle repaired, put it away

You are the one in the wrong. Stop putting your ship out if you don't want it repaired. The standard is "put your ship out and someone will come and repair it for you free of charge". You are trying to undermine one of the few good natured and selfless parts of the game. You also don't like to be healed, I suppose, because people do that too.

Back