Possible game ideas...

Society
Freelancer
Jaded Mandarin
Im a week old noob so im not influenced by the loyality towards the game yet.. and I would love to see a few things added..

1- the ability to hide/evade from mobs behind trees and rocks etc...(I might be able to make it to a new TP without dying :)) creates a totally new hunting style (u could play covertly!) - now i understand the implications of increased monster trapping.....so fix that too :)
2- the ability to look left and right while still runing forward (and not being limited by the sloppy strafe)- many times i play watching the radar not the world...
3- Shadows - how lovely would it look then...
4- the ability to clear the chat window - sometimes it get very cluttered and if i go to another TP and the old messages from previous TP creates confusion.
5- Help NPC's - it would be great to get help from some NPC that regulates some particular aspect of PE - better than flooding the chat at every TP waiting for some1 to answer some noob question i have.
6- perhaps some general roads or paths, or compressed ground from constant use (from other ppl footsteps... like faded grass or dirt patches etc..) between main outposts and teleports (or are they meant to be a secret?)
6.5 - sign posts...
7- shopping districts - to set up shop in some sort of stall (rather than shouting constantly at a TP, then going to the next and shouting again. Would be great to see a list of the items for sale without having to talk - (like a real shop on earth) - only buyers and sellers would go there etcc.. so chat was not interferred with and we can have a general chat easily.

thats all i could come up with... Now remember im a noob - some of these things may already be implemented into the game already - so bear with me :)

please feel free to add to this list, Im sure i will as i move to novice standings and beyond :)

Hiya and welcome to the forum/game.

I do believe there are some shadows in place. Personally, I don't care for them very much, seeing I find it to cause some client-side lag.

There are options to set up shops. People can buy a shopkeeper to keep near their property, and offer items for sale there. As for the paths, I do believe they exist to some extent. On some areas, you will see something that resembles a dirt-"road". Not sure though whether there have always been there, or whether they were indeed created by players running.

As for clearing the chat window, try pressing the 'V'-key twice. It makes the whole bar dissappear and reappear. Not sure if it causes the chat to be flushed. Cannot test atm, since I'm at work.

Good luck, and HTH.

-VF-

The v-trick doesn't flush chat, sadly.

About shop-areas, go to hadesheim, there is a big shopping-area there, with all kinds of things.

You can move your camera 360 degrees while running. You have to be in third person view and hold down the wheel on the mouse and shift. Then move to your hearts content :)

At least I think this is how it works :eek:

DD
:evilking:

Hi Jaded and welcome aboard :girl:
Nice ideas... the first one (the ability to actually hide behind trees, etc), would be really cool... but it would mean having very realistic AI on the creatures, having the technological capacity to actually have those structures such as trees to serve as dead areas (atm you can run through them so that they do not cause lag in game), and there would be heated discussions on one's ability to trap mobs easily by simply hiding from them and shooting ;) However.... it would be very realistic :girl:

Devil Doll said:
You can move your camera 360 degrees while running. You have to be in third person view and hold down the wheel on the mouse and shift. Then move to your hearts content :)

At least I think this is how it works :eek:

DD
:evilking:

yea i use that all the time now. 3rd person hunting has it's advantages that way. i kind of zoom in and out between both.

Hello and Welcome, Jaded :)

Jaded Mandarin said:
5- Help NPC's - it would be great to get help from some NPC that regulates some particular aspect of PE - better than flooding the chat at every TP waiting for some1 to answer some noob question i have.

This is actually a very cool idea that I think MA should impliment into the game, especially in areas where newcomers seem to gather most. It would sure cut down on some of the most commonly asked questions if newcomers could right click on a Help NPC and access a FAQ.

The 'help npc's' are a great idea. I know it took me several hours of shouting around Port Atlantis to get my questions answered, so i can only imagine how long it has taken some people.

for 360 viewing without changing direction, 3rd person mode, then click in your mouse wheel and move the mouse to 'freelook' around

This information is ingame in the HELP screen.

As for Helper NPCs yeah same as every other MMORPG out there, a few dotted around answering basic questions, giving set answers/directions would be pretty neat.

Back