President of Virtual Reality Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Unveils Plan to Create 3 Million Jobs with 'Public Transport' IPO - PR Newsw

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]PR Newswire (press release)[/SIZE]

President of Virtual Reality Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Unveils Plan to Create 3 Million Jobs with 'Public Transport' IPO
[SIZE=-1]PR Newswire (press release)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]This groundbreaking plan is set to fully disrupt the video games business model starting with the introduction of a "conscription vs subscription" plan to attract new gamers to Entropia Universe, the leading real cash economy virtual reality platform ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=ddwnNDlofdT6VpM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

I'm not sure I even grasp the concept correctly... I think the idea is providing a hub from where you can start your games and chat with other people etc (basically the original idea of VR as seen e.g. in Futurama), so basically a VR Steam or whatever. not sure though how people are supposed to work in it though

and again... why why WHY didn't you partner up with Second Life...!!!

best case scenario really is Zuckerberg or Buffet or some other rich asshole buying out the entire scheme on a hunch... but currently that's a grasp, really

Entropia Universe and MindArk are tuned to the pulse of the real economy

The poowers that be are wanting revolts and MA is in bed with them obviously. Watch as people sell their stuff and stop playing all together. This game used to be fun. Now, there will be jobs to monitor what people are saying.

Why this will never happen!

Every new player counts to thousandths of PEC, even a 1 PEC transport fee is 1000 times to much, when they play as they struggle to never deposit in attempt to make money by playing a game. To get going to generate any revenue will require them to deposit to buy ship, oil, or pay tp costs otherwise to play. That goes against 98% of every new players will to play and all new players will quit even faster then they already do. Instead of a 10% retention rate of new players this action to be placed on teleporters or to get around would take that down to below 1% retention rate of new players.

This action would F**K over LA owners even more if fee is placed on teleporters they already struggle getting people to their land areas via very giving events and they payed thousand usd to put a easy to access teleporter on there LA. That would be just a kick in the groin by MA if they ever did place such a tax on every teleporter.

This would destroy what little business that still exists for shops in the game. Plan and simple, especially for out reaching shops. Apartments might as well just be removed from game no-one would ever use their own apartment because they have to pay to go there and then pay to get out.

Monria, FOMA, and Crystal Palace may as well be removed from game if this happens, you are absolutely forced to take multiple teleporter trips just for dieing hunting hard as hell mobs. They already struggle the way it is adding this would mean no-one goes there period.

To counter all the ill effect by adding a teleporter fee MA would have to allow option for LA owners to pay for all their TP access charges as incentive to get people to come to their LA's. Same goes for Mall and City owners. If they start to give these people the ability to bypass the tp fee what is stopping a PP to say they will pay for all TP fee's. Lets face it if Toulan would do this simple thing and no other planet did all of Calypso's economy would migrate over there as people would hang out there just not to pay TP fees. Other PP's would follow suit just to compete and then walla we are back to no TP fees again.

This whole concept is half baked, not thought through and just dumb the way it is currently stated.

Don't get me wrong it would be cool to see more vehicle traveling it would increase oil market value and Mind Essence markup value but I seriously think whole plan will never take effect.

ofc ND has the ability to make his planet this way as he owns the rights to do so on his planet, but he does not have the right or the pull to enforce MA to make this happen to every PP that invested heavy and are trying to make their planets grow, and MA is in this to make themselves money and this simple addition they would force them to loose cash big time, not increase their revenue in anyway.

No need for anyone to get bent out of shape about any of this. The only place this will ever come to fruit and pass is on RT, why do I say will come to pass, as ND will soon see how horrible the idea is when his 30 loyal RT players become his only players period, if they actually decide to stay.

Last edited:
I know what jobs ND will build:

the EU SS corps !

If you don´t do what he wants you get locked out, and lose everything you have.

Doesn´t need a concentration camp, just log them out to steal their goods and don´t let them in again!

Welcome to brave new world

I know what jobs ND will build:

the EU SS corps !

If you don´t do what he wants you get locked out, and lose everything you have.

Doesn´t need a concentration camp, just log them out to steal their goods and don´t let them in again!

Welcome to brave new world

And bit over the top don't you think.. you can make your point without invoking Godwins law.

President of Virtual Reality Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs Unveils Plan to Create 3 Million Jobs with 'Public Transport' IPO
[SIZE=-1]This groundbreaking plan is set to fully disrupt the video games business model starting with the introduction of a "conscription vs subscription" plan to attract new gamers to Entropia Universe, the leading real cash economy virtual reality platform ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=ddwnNDlofdT6VpM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

... so you have to declare that job income on your tax return? :scratch2:

And bit over the top don't you think.. you can make your point without invoking Godwins law.

We talk again when it happend.

To be honest I have no other words about this "election" than those I have choosen!

Despotism, Dictatorship -- nothing democratic to find here!

Well, you have at least one thing in common with ND.

EDIT: ok there is more info on the povr site, which I didn't know, but from the announcement ALONE things weren't clear at all...

ofc ND has the ability to make his planet this way as he owns the rights to do so on his planet, but he does not have the right or the pull to enforce MA to make this happen to every PP that invested heavy and are trying to make their planets grow, and MA is in this to make themselves money and this simple addition they would force them to loose cash big time, not increase their revenue in anyway.

ND doesn't enforce, he is just a muppet of MA they put in front.

Next time I vote Mercury. But probably ND is president of lifetime, just like Mugabe :D

MM

I think to everyone who cares about the extra cost we will still benefit in the long run. To keep costs down we will TP less and consider using ships or TP chips to get around (car sharing :D). It looks like there will be a job for anyone who wants it, at least in the beginning, so anyone who is currently sweating will be better off, anyone who currently is on low depo per month will be able to get some nice extra peds if they want.

If you depo 10$ a month your peds might run out slightly quicker but then you can spend the rest of your month earning some free peds rather than sweating. I do see a slight problem for people who run out of peds and don't work/sweat because this will limit their movement if they want to pop somewhere to chat with friends etc and this could be a sad consequence but it is something for consultation. For example if you are sweating at neas and can't afford the tp to twin to sell your stuff. It will also increase the cost of some items because to trade both players have to be in the same place so most likely one will have to pay the fee... Not cool if you are going to twins to sell 1.5 ped of eye oil for 103% :laugh:.

Some of us might TP from twins to our hunting zone, burn 100 ped of ammo and TP back to twins to sell the stuff... That is 2 extra ped out of 100, consider it an additional "decay". For most people who depo big or live of deed payments I think the extra cost can be absorbed and loot will probably be better anyway if the user base does grow that quickly. For anyone who provides a service the larger player base will be good and for anyone who has deeds as well.

I can see that this will effect a small demographic of participants, but we will learn to do things differently to accomodate hopefully. If more people start using TP chips this will also boost the ME up and with people working not sweating, sweat prices might increase as well. I think overall most people will be better off from this or at least will have the potential to be better off.

Alternative there could be a tax of profits but profit in EU is a difficult thing to calculate, a tax on globals maybe? But I like the idea of the IPO, i like the idea of the stock market, these are much needed functions.

This whole thing is Project entropia right? We started out as this crazy idea to create a virtual world with a functioning economy. Lets be open minded and look forward to the consultation when the government forum is up. The worst that can happen is it is an experiment that fails and we roll back but lets be part of that experiment. We have a chance to support something unique and something I think will be very cool indeed. Yeah it will cost us a ped here and then but where is the spirit of adventure :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
ND doesn't enforce, he is just a muppet of MA they put in front.

Next time I vote Mercury. But probably ND is president of lifetime, just like Mugabe :D

MM

Next time there won't be a mercury because there was no democratic vote, because ND was "president" as soon as the thing started.

Oh, and if there is a "next time" seeing how Entropia amazing growth and ethics keep going this way.

Next time there won't be a mercury because there was no democratic vote, because ND was "president" as soon as the thing started.

Oh, and if there is a "next time" seeing how Entropia amazing growth and ethics keep going this way.

Dude, ofc the election was a joke and I have to make clear that by saying "Next time I vote Mercury" I meant other than Candidate B! Because I did for sure not give my vote to ND :)

Now MA can blame all the shit to ND because he announces the TP idea. But this idea was long on the table before ND was the so called president of nothing :)

I wonder why he never speak out here on PCF... is he afraid of the peasants?

Edit: Growth....is a myth because nobody can verify how many people are registred really and how many deposit etc. MA was speaking so many times about "Marketing" Offensive and this and that, I just have the hope that the TP idea ends like many ideas they announced and never have been released.

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

More...

Isn't it a bit late for an April Fools day joke?:popcorn::banana:

I think to everyone who cares about the extra cost we will still benefit in the long run. To keep costs down we will TP less and consider using ships or TP chips to get around (car sharing :D). It looks like there will be a job for anyone who wants it, at least in the beginning, so anyone who is currently sweating will be better off, anyone who currently is on low depo per month will be able to get some nice extra peds if they want.

If you depo 10$ a month your peds might run out slightly quicker but then you can spend the rest of your month earning some free peds rather than sweating. I do see a slight problem for people who run out of peds and don't work/sweat because this will limit their movement if they want to pop somewhere to chat with friends etc and this could be a sad consequence but it is something for consultation. For example if you are sweating at neas and can't afford the tp to twin to sell your stuff. It will also increase the cost of some items because to trade both players have to be in the same place so most likely one will have to pay the fee... Not cool if you are going to twins to sell 1.5 ped of eye oil for 103% :laugh:.

Some of us might TP from twins to our hunting zone, burn 100 ped of ammo and TP back to twins to sell the stuff... That is 2 extra ped out of 100, consider it an additional "decay". For most people who depo big or live of deed payments I think the extra cost can be absorbed and loot will probably be better anyway if the user base does grow that quickly. For anyone who provides a service the larger player base will be good and for anyone who has deeds as well.

I can see that this will effect a small demographic of participants, but we will learn to do things differently to accomodate hopefully. If more people start using TP chips this will also boost the ME up and with people working not sweating, sweat prices might increase as well. I think overall most people will be better off from this or at least will have the potential to be better off.

Alternative there could be a tax of profits but profit in EU is a difficult thing to calculate, a tax on globals maybe? But I like the idea of the IPO, i like the idea of the stock market, these are much needed functions.

This whole thing is Project entropia right? We started out as this crazy idea to create a virtual world with a functioning economy. Lets be open minded and look forward to the consultation when the government forum is up. The worst that can happen is it is an experiment that fails and we roll back but lets be part of that experiment. We have a chance to support something unique and something I think will be very cool indeed. Yeah it will cost us a ped here and then but where is the spirit of adventure :)

May i ask, are you Neverdie?

Neverdie got it all wrong, he can create even more billions of new virtual jobs if he monetize the chat! Have something to say - pay for it. Wanna greet your friends , how much is it worth to you ? 10 Million of Teleportations is a joke compared to the billions of chat lines !!!

Lets just tax every line of chat with 10 cent and lets issue some deeds to share the revenue from all the socializing masses. You must craft chat tokens and sell for markup so jobs are created and you must defend that central chat uplink against the AI and shoot it down , doing so you will be paid some money. Ofc your full time job will not pay any real world taxes no insurances or into your penions, enjoy your new virtual life.

If you find any sarcasm here not all hope is lost for you :)

Neverdie got it all wrong, he can create even more billions of new virtual jobs if he monetize the chat! Have something to say - pay for it. Wanna greet your friends , how much is it worth to you ? 10 Million of Teleportations is a joke compared to the billions of chat lines !!!

ROFL -- don´t give him ideas :D he is crazy enough to ask MA to implement it

I'm out of words.
I dont know if I'm crying or laughing. Maybe both at the same time over how stupid this entire "election" and "presidency" is.

And on top of that - we ended up with the virtual reality Donald Trump when it comes to "good ideas" and future plans...

I'm out - for good.

I'm out of words.
I dont know if I'm crying or laughing. Maybe both at the same time over how stupid this entire "election" and "presidency" is.

And on top of that - we ended up with the virtual reality Donald Trump when it comes to "good ideas" and future plans...

I'm out - for good.

Trump? No sorry Ted Neverdie Cruz fits and sounds a lot better :)

Oh, I don't think members of the Lootsifer Saves PEDs Party will go for this kind of thing...

It has been 2 + days since original anouncement. Forums are super hot at this moment. i have not read even 10% of all the posts about and around this topic, knowing more or less ppl are in the same page about the news.

You got our attention ND, now we listen to what you say more than carefully and with huge interest. It is time for you to come forward and make a statement!

This will make easyer my way out of the game. Thanks MA and ND :D

It has been 2 + days since original anouncement. Forums are super hot at this moment. i have not read even 10% of all the posts about and around this topic, knowing more or less ppl are in the same page about the news.

You got our attention ND, now we listen to what you say more than carefully and with huge interest. It is time for you to come forward and make a statement!

Sad to say but I think they have. In the past when errors like this would come up you would see MA come in and say something. Even got the CEO of Mindark to come in and say something about the platform being sold off this last year just minutes (yes) after a post. So by them saying nothing here means that it is true.

Hell MA is even being silent to PPs right now over the issue.

No, it's time for him to get the message and go away.

He has made a statement. His statement is that he's going to be MA's sacrificial lamb for this entire pay to transport scheme they've been cooking up. Nothing unusual. Nothing special.

The 'President of Virtual Reality' says he can create 3 million jobs in VR - VentureBeat

[SIZE=-2]VentureBeat[/SIZE]

The 'President of Virtual Reality' says he can create 3 million jobs in VR
[SIZE=-1]VentureBeat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jon “Neverdie” Jacobs, an actor and entrepreneur who once bought a virtual asteroid for $100,000 in the online game Entropia Universe, claims that the emerging virtual reality market can create 3 million jobs. Jacobs claims he's the “President of ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dxQvf8_dPkfh8zM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

[SIZE=-2]VentureBeat[/SIZE]

The 'President of Virtual Reality' says he can create 3 million jobs in VR
[SIZE=-1]VentureBeat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jon “Neverdie” Jacobs, an actor and entrepreneur who once bought a virtual asteroid for $100,000 in the online game Entropia Universe, claims that the emerging virtual reality market can create 3 million jobs. Jacobs claims he's the “President of ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dxQvf8_dPkfh8zM&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

The word out in the world, is that our Great Democratic president, great leader of the milky way and beyond is no more to be seen.

What happened ????

Back