FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

Well and that's it, the hofs and the optimism is gone. Whatever it was, it is over - changing the signature back.
It was good while it lasted.
March 2020 = -9,449 hunting (96.47% tt)

February 2020 = -5,005 hunting (96.99% tt)
Hofs faded, the optimism starts to fade as well :(

20200401-tt-trend.jpg

Well and that's it, the hofs and the optimism is gone. Whatever it was, it is over - changing the signature back.
It was good while it lasted.
March 2020 = -9,449 hunting (96.47% tt)

Imagine investing in your avatar 15 years of hard work and commitment just to be able to loot back 96,5% in shrapnel.

That's sad. Nonetheless your consistency in hunting is just incredible. (as long as you do not bot or share the account :laugh:)

All the old names I know off only compete in events now. Can't be coincidence. When everyone realize that they can't win in TT even if the last month/year/cycle was a huge loss then the game is doomed. I don't cycle as much as you and no unL items with high efficiency but my last 2 deposits were gonne in a couple of days, now sweating, at least sweat is again at 2ped/k! ROFL

MindArk should hire a gamer, put him playing for big long sessions and at the end of the month ask him how much happy he is by lossing 500usd? was it worth it? will you do it again man? and again and again? The dream faded away, you not alone Smilgs.

Im a little confused by your results tbh, we have similar setups but you have a lot more skills than me yet im cosnistently 98%+ tt return (no 1kx multi maybe 2-3 500x max)and then + after mu, i guess it could be loot events (definately needs 10k+ to get steady) but i seen you hunting stuff like cats on RT so idk if its even that and youve been around long enough that i assume you know how to track (no converting shrap and stuff) and you have access to higher average mu mobs than me with your skills so I really am at a loss.

Im a little confused by your results tbh, we have similar setups but you have a lot more skills than me yet im cosnistently 98%+ tt return (no 1kx multi maybe 2-3 500x max)and then + after mu, i guess it could be loot events (definately needs 10k+ to get steady) but i seen you hunting stuff like cats on RT so idk if its even that and youve been around long enough that i assume you know how to track (no converting shrap and stuff) and you have access to higher average mu mobs than me with your skills so I really am at a loss.

Loot is dynamic....errr I mean a slot machine. The longer you are at the slots the more you lose especially if no big payout. You could have 100 looter and 100 efficiency and that won't help in a dynamic system as you could still get 95%....I am sure you are aware of that though. This game isn't set up for grinding long hours as that will only lower TT %. It's just about timing loot waves and don't hunt rest of time and if you do think loot is phat use a really low eff % to get a bigger HOF.

In a way the looter and efficiency is an illusion to trap you into believing that if you have it you can get more loot signals and do better. However that isn't the case as long as loot returned is based on damage done. We need to move back to a DPP system or some hybrid form of it. More loot signals doesn't mean better returns when you finally get to a mob where it has a multiplier and you crit it 3 times blowing your only chance to get loot back ruining a bigger HOF. (probably happens a lot in Uber set ups)

A noob with a low efficiency weapons who hunts randomly for loot waves has a better chance at profits than a seasoned veteran. That is just the facts. Crit gear and efficiency gives you lower chances at stabilizing TT returns, when you need RNG gods to have you get PED into the right mob with the multiplier.

Honestly if you have a massive PED card Id like to see someone like Smilgs use way lower efficiency items drop his crit gear and try to pump mobs full of PED to get that nice 5 digit HOF.

Guess we can argue Dpp for ESI and loot composition but well Loot 2.0 is a disaster right now and everyone knows it. Especially if no big ESI or Uber Rare loots come for that really expensive investment for gear. (however my only huge ESI was 897 pedder off SK, I had the wrong rings and set up cause I was sweating earlier forgot to change back) Yet I scored the rare loot because of RNG. I actually felt bad and caused me to be even more puzzled at the point in Uber gear or optimal set ups.

Appreciate the detailed log and your dedication but when Smilgs gets 96% I say okay well guess we should wait for Loot 3.0. Until we can have a system where we go back to having gear and skills matter for loot %.

I logged in killed a few mobs got a global logged out. That is my profit today, might sweat latter or harvest. This is the only way I see you are able to play now. Poke at loot searching for swirls and log. Then let deeds do their work.

Best of luck to all in a system where only the lucky win then attribute their success to something strange like gear or looter when in fact it is mostly coincidence.

Last edited:
Loot is dynamic....errr I mean a slot machine. The longer you are at the slots the more you lose especially if no big payout. You could have 100 looter and 100 efficiency and that won't help in a dynamic system as you could still get 95%....I am sure you are aware of that though. This game isn't set up for grinding long hours as that will only lower TT %. It's just about timing loot waves and don't hunt rest of time and if you do think loot is phat use a really low eff % to get a bigger HOF.

In a way the looter and efficiency is an illusion to trap you into believing that if you have it you can get more loot signals and do better. However that isn't the case as long as loot returned is based on damage done. We need to move back to a DPP system or some hybrid form of it. More loot signals doesn't mean better returns when you finally get to a mob where it has a multiplier and you crit it 3 times blowing your only chance to get loot back ruining a bigger HOF. (probably happens a lot in Uber set ups)

A noob with a low efficiency weapons who hunts randomly for loot waves has a better chance at profits than a seasoned veteran. That is just the facts. Crit gear and efficiency gives you lower chances at stabilizing TT returns, when you need RNG gods to have you get PED into the right mob with the multiplier.

Honestly if you have a massive PED card Id like to see someone like Smilgs use way lower efficiency items drop his crit gear and try to pump mobs full of PED to get that nice 5 digit HOF.

Guess we can argue Dpp for ESI and loot composition but well Loot 2.0 is a disaster right now and everyone knows it. Especially if no big ESI or Uber Rare loots come for that really expensive investment for gear.

Appreciate the detailed log and your dedication but when Smilgs gets 96% I say okay well guess we should wait for Loot 3.0. Until we can have a system where we go back to having gear and skills matter for loot %.

I logged in killed a few mobs got a global logged out. That is my profit today, might sweat latter or harvest. This is the only way I see you are able to play now. Poke at loot searching for swirls and log. Then let deeds do their work.

Best of luck to all

See this is why its hard to find good content like your bot thread which i need to +rep you for because it's lost in a sea of posts like this which are pure nonsense.

...Appreciate the detailed log and your dedication...

I couldn't help but notice the staunch irony in this odd statement considering your angst against what is fundamentally the same thing in your other popular thread.

...but when Smilgs gets 96% I say okay well guess we should wait for Loot 3.0. Until we can have a system where we go back to having gear and skills matter for loot %.

Either that or Smilgs needs to audit his grinders, because I think they've been skimming him for years.

Reactions: Xen
Either that or Smilgs needs to audit his grinders, because I think they've been skimming him for years.
I can only say what was said before in the thread. My times of getting 98% or so tt return correlate very well with getting a bigger hof that month. 96% or less is just how it goes without those.
As for "famous streamers" saying this or that, interesting how/where they get their info suppose same place that mr trump pulls it from? From my side it seems that
* I personally know them since ages and trust them with my whole set of items and avatar also since ages
* It would be extremely silly for them (having main part of the income coming from this activity) to try to lower my income when I have been losing losing and constantly considering to shut it down
* I would notice a difference in tt return vs. the globals, it is very easy to spot and I am still doing my runs so can compare.
* Any trades / dropped loot can be verified with support

I can only say what was said before in the thread. My times of getting 98% or so tt return correlate very well with getting a bigger hof that month. 96% or less is just how it goes without those.

Your choise of mob is preventing to get the correct return in that short period of time. To be able to get viable return rate, you need to kill at least 100k mobs.

With ~150 dps, you need 2000+ (nonstop shooting) hours for 100k big bulk gen10 kills. Add breaks, targeting, etc, etc. You need shitloads of months to get 98%+ (or whatever is your rate)

For mulcibers... it's 5 times more and you need years

Try it out with the mobs you can actually kill at least 100k within one month period for more accurate statistics

Your choise of mob is preventing to get the correct return in that short period of time. To be able to get viable return rate, you need to kill at least 100k mobs.
My results tell me that there are a lot of smaller hp mobs that I did hunt quite a lot and the tt return was rather crap (meaning 95-96).
  • Eomon is ~98% (mostly shooting alpha and up)
  • Robot event is ~99% (mostly shooting bulks, sometimes mulcibers)
  • Mayhem Solo is ~99%
  • Osseo big is ~ 100%
  • Mulmun is ~102%
  • Feffox is ~99%

• Mind Reaver ~93%
  • Levi small ~95%
  • Fresc ~93%
  • Proteron small ~96%
  • Other (uncategorized small mobs) ~96%
  • Iron-shit (uncategorized small mobs for missions) ~93%

Changed my mind.. whatever, deleted.

Rick

Last edited:

With ~150 dps, you need 2000+ (nonstop shooting) hours for 100k big bulk gen10 kills. Add breaks, targeting, etc, etc. You need shitloads of months to get 98%+ (or whatever is your rate)

For mulcibers... it's 5 times more and you need years

Try it out with the mobs you can actually kill at least 100k within one month period for more accurate statistics

In part, you're right.

With his setup and no enhancers, it takes about 7.5 minutes to kill a mulciber. Factor in travel time and he's probably rolling about a 9 minute kill rate from start of one mob to start of the other.
Assuming he's grinding about 16 hours/day that yields in 960 kill minutes, or roughly 107 mobs/day. Deduct 7 mobs for repairs, tally, and slop, and it would take about 2.7 years to make 100k kills.

But there is another widely believed theoretical factor at play here; "high volatility" and "low volatility" mobs.

(Mathematicians please bear with me, I'm not a math major and therefor my terminology may be off)

To illustrate my point I will use a few variables.

A = The average cost to kill a mob.
B = The average value of all loot instances.
C = The average value of each individual loot instance after excluding the top 10% of individual loot instances.
D = The "multiplier", or the loot value of an individual loot instance divided by the average cost to kill.

High volatility mobs: Most mobs ingame fall into this category.
A significant disparity exists between the B value and the C value. This is because these mobs have a higher limit on their D value than low volatility mobs, and thus the higher multipliers are required to bridge the gap between B and C values.

Theoretical example:
C / A = 80% TT return
B / A = 95% return
C / B disparity = 15%

Low volatility mobs: These are generally few and far between, most often found in the highest HP mobs ingame (Mulcibers included).
A notably lower disparity exists between B and C, because they have a lower limit on their D value than high volatility mobs. Consequently loot on most hunts is far more stable, but the higher multipliers are far less frequent or not possible.

Theoretical example:
C / A = 90% TT return
B / A = 95% TT return
C / B disparity: 5%

In both theoretical examples the mobs yield 95% return in the long term, but high volatility mobs require far more far more loot instances to achieve similar results to those of a low volatility mob.

Mulcibers are a low volatility mob. Consequently it takes fewer kills to achieve what is considered "viable loot".

hopefully the enhancers used and boxes looted will balance themselves out somewhat so keeping this as-is, will spend some time chasing attributes not expecting any wonders in good returns in next couple of months
April 2020 = -656 hunting (99.35% tt)

pretty decent tt return, armor perhaps?
the UL weapon tier progression is however just nerfed still

June 2020 = -1,649 hunting (98.56% tt)
May 2020 = -4,902 hunting (97.60% tt)

pretty decent tt return, armor perhaps?
the UL weapon tier progression is however just nerfed still

June 2020 = -1,649 hunting (98.56% tt)
May 2020 = -4,902 hunting (97.60% tt)

Whats the MU aprox u at?

around 0 for these months :) unless attributes are considered as MU :)

Oki. I saw the first post with the total aprox profit in hunting since 2011. Lets say 400k profit till today, 9.5 years.
Thats like 42k PED a year.

Not sure if that is a good or a bad number when I look at the invested cost of your so called ava and items. Worth 500k - 1000k peds++

Wish u the best luck there is ever in this game, cuz u need it for sure.

Migration, well, nothing fancy, tt return is back to being sad
July 2020 = -11,719 hunting (95.53% tt)

Migration, well, nothing fancy, tt return is back to being sad
July 2020 = -11,719 hunting (95.53% tt)

$1,172 for some entertainment. How much of that was real deposit in the month? Only real life cost, matters to me.

Level 93 Animal looter though right? Maybe at Level 100 you're get to a consistent 98% returns?

Mmmmm Good indication though of the costs others in the top 20 hunters probably paid. Keep us updated.

Rick

Real deposit was that + hourly rate naturally there is no magic here :) eur 2500 in July
$1,172 for some entertainment. How much of that was real deposit in the month?

Mmmmm Good indication though of the costs others in the top 20 hunters probably paid.
Not at all. Smilgs is not interested in MU, he's only after attributes/skills. Which is fine, but that has a major impact on the end of month results. TT is a bit too low but not unexpected.

Not at all. Smilgs is not interested in MU, he's only after attributes/skills. Which is fine, but that has a major impact on the end of month results. TT is a bit too low but not unexpected.
please tell me where u can get so much mu to cover $1,172/month ??? + he is using one of the best gear in game + skills

please tell me where u can get so much mu to cover $1,172/month ??? + he is using one of the best gear in game + skills

If you take 1 bad month out from the whole picture, yes, uh, -11k ped, loose my mind.

Loot 2.0 since 2017 July, total since that date is minus ~8000 ped, like 200 ped / month.

I will not. People should do their own homework. I will tell you tough, that my monthly MU avg this year is actually 10900.

If you take 1 bad month out from the whole picture, yes, uh, -11k ped, loose my mind.

Loot 2.0 since 2017 July, total since that date is minus ~8000 ped, like 200 ped / month.
Pretty much. And the losses are because choice. If good choice had been made, profit could've been 300k ped maybe, with those skills, tools and turnover.

I mean, since the loss for that month (11 719 ped) equals a 95.53% return it means he turned over 262k ped that month and got 250k ped back. Which means he would need a 104.8% average markup in loot to cover the TT loss. It's not a ridiculously high number, really, and there are mobs who has this. But you are obviously not gonna get that if the focus is finishing various missions for skills and attributes.

And as Hego responded just above, this is for a really poor month tt return wise compared to his usual 97-99% in 2020. Definitely not hard finding enough MU to profit with those returns.

You all have to understand we are talking quite big turnover of money here, easily gets lost in the shuffle when just a figure of $1,172/month gets thrown around without context.

I took a look at the public spreadsheet smilgs has and by the looks of it, even with ignored MU, Smilgs is in (a tiny) profit for 2020.
He put in 2.1mil tt, took out 2.06 tt so a 52144 tt loss (97.52%). His MU is 35371 resulting in a 16773 loss. From the tt in, 1686500 is ammo which should come from shrapnel so that's a 16.8k ped if he used shrapnel. hich means on average, even Smilgs can find enough MU to cover (well not the shooters salary)

Back