PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that annoys me to no end is that the return system is a holy cow, there cannot be anything wrong with it.
    I have been stating since a half year that for me something went dead in terms of the higher multipliers ~June 2018 to December 2018 and had plenty of data comparing to others with similar turnover to illustrate that it is off. "It it dynamic"

Have compiled another view on it just based on EntropiaLife for 1k+ globals and crossreferenced my turnover data to show that something went off in June.

If the lowest average statistic indicator (1k hof sum / turnover) over big sample size has been 4.7, 6.7, 12,5, 13,4, 7.6, 5.5, 6.4 over periods spanning last 6.5 years and then suddenly becomes 0.94 for a half year while only improving on skills, equipment efficiency, looter prof-standings and not substantially changing hunting behavior, isn't this outside of the range of "normal dynamic"?

Are you surprised that "Entropia is dynamic"? Its pretty much this games catch phrase. You need to roll with it not stubbornly continue what you are doing because "it used to work".

Also those numbers you posted span over time periods where big changes happened, 2.0, efficiency, looter profession.
    But more importantly, those numbers and hof/turn over doesnt mean anything unless you stood there grinding the very same mob over and over, which you didnt.

I dont argue whether you had a dip in hofs. Its undeniable. But you are looking at it as if things are broken. Just because something changed doesnt mean its broken, just need to adapt.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Lord View Post
    Also those numbers you posted span over time periods where big changes happened, 2.0, efficiency, looter profession. But more importantly, those numbers and hof/turn over doesnt mean anything unless you stood there grinding the very same mob over and over, which you didnt.
    That is exactly the point, the hof rate I am referring to has been in a certain range 4.7, 6.7, 12,5, 13,4, 7.6, 5.5, 6.4 throughout all those changes (different mobs, buff introduction, buff nerf, loot 2.0, efficiency, looter) for over 6.5 years. The one consistent thing has been turnover which is part of the formula.
    Then suddenly without me changing my turnover it dips to 0.9 for a half year and accordingly my tt return to 95%. And all the while I observe other active avatars are getting their hofs regularly as clockwork throughout the year. Broken is maybe not the correct word, nerfed or capped more like it.
    Last edited by girtsn; 04-17-2019 at 11:01.
    check out Smilgs hunting log and Smilgs coloring, texturing, beauty service
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    Bulks were awful fortunately mulcibers gave something back
    After some time without enhancers decided to grind a seasonal event with full dmg enhancers, no 5k throughout the 11x attempts

April 2019 = +1,997 hunting (99.16% tt)
    high efficiency stuff & looter skills restarted working for me as of October 2019

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
    Images

Moved some off-topic posts to this thread.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    To address the many suggestions to stop doing things I am not enjoying.

I am still enjoying the same basic thing that I used to starting the game - the unlimited potential to skill up and follow the progression reaching nice milestones. There is also the same old hope to loot something amazing, though the justification to hope has declined a lot over the years.

The things that make me sad
    • 1. non-sustainability of high turnover hunting considering time spent (and perceived ability of others to do so)
    • -- the above even more so after enjoying what seemed like some months of decent returns
    • -- the above even more so after throwing in more and getting the best semi-unique efficiency setup I could and tiering it up
    • 2. perceived balancing/loot pattern issues

This has resulted in something I never tried before - to try some time in mulcibers.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    May 2019 = -14,084 hunting (94.58% tt)

Mulciber experiment, 2 things to say
    • it all went surprisingly stable until 16th of May, then 17th the rext event started and it all went away in blazing speed, 16th was ~+2k and then 4 days later 21st -10k and then some more
    • ruined my experiment of a pure month yet again by breaking teams in the latest update

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images

Unhappy

anniversary of sorts
    the last time I had a solo hof > 5k was mid June 2018, previous mul event
    that is around 3600 hours of hunting practically every day with mostly unique/semiunique high efficiency ul equipment and one of the most skilled avatars in the Universe
    exciting... (I would not really mind if the tt return was somewhere in 98% range but it is not)

this mul event was extra sweet tt minus 13.5k and 88.6% tt, with mu minus 11.2k
    tt return by run, 6 runs out of 26 being in positive
    Last edited by girtsn; 06-29-2019 at 11:43.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images
    4.2 and 20.8, worse than in 2012 where I was un-maxed still, makes you feel even better for skilling up
    besides ~ half of the 1k+ multipliers have been in team, mostly due to hunting mulcibers
    suppose going for a more normal mob it would be more like 31x 1k+ and 62k sum

which would bring the % to 2.8 and count to 14 which is even more out of line with the previous years statistics

I am a fool putting my trust in MA and their sale of the new efficiency and looter skills, as it was working for exactly 4 months, March to June 2018.

At least the ones gambling away on Explosives/mining have the small chance in getting something back via one magic hof, we hunters don't (anymore).

Last edited by girtsn; 06-29-2019 at 12:15.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by girtsn View Post

I am a fool putting my trust in MA and their sale of the new efficiency and looter skills, as it was working for exactly 4 months, March to June 2018.
    If you're losing fresh deposits, then I suggest you take a long hard think about purpose, what are you trying to achieve in this revised game?

I just checked tracker. I've not logged in since 6th June, and despite the events I'm still 347th best hunter in the month. How many hunters have MA got now? How the hell is such a small player base paying 60+ MA staff not to mention other PP overhead that needs support? Not to mention those players that are only interested in investment return.

I have no interest about MA's player retention (that is their own making), I'm only interested in what they want to charge me for my personal hunting with a super eco weapon. Sadly at the moment I cannot justify the costs. When I feel my deposits are not valued, there really no where to go from there. If as a customer you feel a victim, your choices are limited.

Maybe the loot pool is so small for hard hunting, it simply can't support that style of play anymore? Theres just not enough going in to get something out? Who's knows.

I might have a go at migration, but my gaps between logins are growing to months now rather than weeks. It's a shame, but we don't make the rules, so it's not worth stressing about.

Good luck, if you decide to deposit a few more thousand dollars next month.

Rick.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Girts Smilgs Niedra
    Society
    YippikayeeMF
    Images

Thumbs Up

Something weird happened, fapper looted L4 (what a fringe thing to do considering the decay contribution, what if the hired fapper just leaves with it - but then again this is probably just a walkby drop example, new team name and one of the team with no activity for a month) in the last weekend of the month and excellent tt return from mulcibers as well that weekend, which pushed the month up.

To reflect on it and to bring a green month back instead of another month with loss, I will write down L4 at a provisional MU value to be fixed when it sells.

June 2019 = +5,863 hunting (96.43% tt)

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast