FYI: Smilgs hunting log - 2016 and beyond

I have been paying 4$ per hour :)
So at $40-$48 paid a day, you're losing an additional 400-480p mu every single day. or $1200 or 12000 ped a month.

Is that even competing with people if you're not playing and losing 12k ped a month on top of normal losses?

I love and respect the post of course and the data that you have shown, I've read every single post before I even started playing and have followed since.

I just wonder what was the point then? If the game wasn't fun, you didn't even play it, and you lost money. What was the driving force? A broken Entropia Life where you aren't currently the #1 hunter anyway?

Unless I'm missing something in an update somewhere on the posts, I'm just a bit confused.

So at $40-$48 paid a day, you're losing an additional 400-480p mu every single day. or $1200 or 12000 ped a month.

Is that even competing with people if you're not playing and losing 12k ped a month on top of normal losses?

I love and respect the post of course and the data that you have shown, I've read every single post before I even started playing and have followed since.

I just wonder what was the point then? If the game wasn't fun, you didn't even play it, and you lost money. What was the driving force? A broken Entropia Life where you aren't currently the #1 hunter anyway?

Unless I'm missing something in an update somewhere on the posts, I'm just a bit confused.
Point was to pay his friends or family to play a game and give them much needed income without it being a direct handout. A noble effort, dispute his cynical outlook on the game and his opinions on free time vs fun.

If you see it repair and heal and run to the tt like a player it’s a bot. If it never moves, and when it’s dead it doesn’t respawn or d/c, it’s a macro.

I never said one is okay and one isn’t, I said someone would have to be a brain dead moron who’s opinion is useless if they can’t see the difference.
So again back to my original point. How are you differentiating its a player going to repair and TT stuff and not a bot? Is the person macroing while watching his screen and knowing when to repair or TT stuff now a bot?

You mentioned before or strongly inferred that you macro, and then went on to say there's people botting. It's no secret that almost every top level player or uber uses macros, but what exactly makes you so sure that the person isn't just playing the game normally or semi-afk? It's silly to try and label someone as a bot when you don't know 100% for sure.

It's as simple as you either automate your gameplay in this game or you don't.

So again back to my original point. How are you differentiating its a player going to repair and TT stuff and not a bot? Is the person macroing while watching his screen and knowing when to repair or TT stuff now a bot?

You mentioned before or strongly inferred that you macro, and then went on to say there's people botting. It's no secret that almost every top level player or uber uses macros, but what exactly makes you so sure that the person isn't just playing the game normally or semi-afk? It's silly to try and label someone as a bot when you don't know 100% for sure.
You cannot differentiate between a bot and a player. You can totally tell when someone is using a macro. If you macro and go to pc to repair every hour, that is not macroing. A player is pausing the macro and doing stuff then starting it again. The repair or whatever is actual gameplay from a human.

Bots are so sophisticated there is no difference between them and a player other than the fact that you can tell it’s a bot because it hunts 24/7

I would never admit to macro that is like admitting to smoking meth and stealing from your grandparents to pay for it, on this forum.

Point was to pay his friends or family to play a game and give them much needed income without it being a direct handout. A noble effort, dispute his cynical outlook on the game and his opinions on free time vs fun.
Did he say that or are you saying that for him? I'm just making sure I didn't miss anything. Which if it was to just help out a friend or family member than cool, I used to pay my friend to clean my apartment and do my laundry to help them out.

have a look at my "unlucky breaks", represented by the red stretches in the 2nd post - and consider that I was paying $4 per hour to push through. honestly the biggest motivator to keep going at those times was not the game, but just reluctance to fire the shooters for whom it was the main income for all these years

Did he say that or are you saying that for him? I'm just making sure I didn't miss anything. Which if it was to just help out a friend or family member than cool, I used to pay my friend to clean my apartment and do my laundry to help them out.
He mentioned it recently, but that wasn't the point at all of why he played the game, it was just extra motivation to continue hiring the shooter.

You cannot differentiate between a bot and a player.
Point in case, you're only mislabeling someone as a bot because they play 24/7. Like I said you can have setups which last 4+ hours without repairing with enough lifesteal to never heal and then just set alarms whenever you need to repair. That is the equivalent of playing 24/7 yet wouldn't be labeled as botting in your eyes which is silly. You either automate your gameplay or you don't there is no middle ground in this. I don't understand the point in trying to pretend you do one but not the other compared to a "bot"

He mentioned it recently, but that wasn't the point at all of why he played the game, it was just extra motivation to continue hiring the shooter.
Sweet cheers! I'm gonna become a millionaire one day

A bot will play literally 24/7, it will repair your gun, it will heal you effectively, it will buy more ammo and convert shrap, it will play the game for you completely.

A macro just fucking presses F. There is no comparison.
index.php

A repeating macro is per definition a bot.

A macro maps a single input to multiple outputs. For instance, A human presses a button, the computer simulates several keystrokes. (I.E. Mapping a button to switch to heal tool, heal four times, and then switch back to weapon would constitute macroing)

Adding any form of automation turns it into a bot.

Last edited:
tell ya what - my luck is so bad i'll shoot your toon for $4 and hour - i can save up 4K Ped and lose it in 3 hours shooting my cursed toon lol

Guys this is Girts LOG.. we are derailing too much and it risk to become unreadable...
coming to the OP topic.
1. i consider skill value the same, i put them into the valuation of my avatar at least at skill ped value, mu is a variable in my excel sheet
2. i value the avatar in term of Total Return calculated at industry standard ... for me TT and MU are same thing and become "Value of storage" at mark to market average last week price
3. my time i consider it worth zero because to me it is relax time, i would spend 5€ per hour in a cinema, way more in a cocktail bar.
so my "monthly variaton" is total value of assets this month + deposit - withdraw - value of last month , just like if it was an annual report of a company
this leads me to see that in term of total return the game is about 100...100.5 yielding to me
the problem is that progress is in term of skill and if i sell them i get back in my progress so until probably L150 need to keep all of my skills
mayhem is different as it is gold rush, one gives boxes and tokens, the other skill pills and a skill pill to me is extremely valuable, shooting just 1k per hour, just in "green lines" 1 hour 100% skill pill manufactures me 10 Ped skill.
gold rush is 5% better than mayhem for personal growth

and Thank you mate for publishng such a consistent log, i read the whole excel sheet.

Last edited:
You cannot differentiate between a bot and a player. You can totally tell when someone is using a macro. If you macro and go to pc to repair every hour, that is not macroing. A player is pausing the macro and doing stuff then starting it again. The repair or whatever is actual gameplay from a human.

Bots are so sophisticated there is no difference between them and a player other than the fact that you can tell it’s a bot because it hunts 24/7

I would never admit to macro that is like admitting to smoking meth and stealing from your grandparents to pay for it, on this forum.

if you are away from pc for 1h thats a BOT .. macro or not macro :D... anyways who cares. As smilgs said years ago ppl got banned for botting... Now u can do what ever u fancy. Thats why I keep saying you ALL dealing with a company who will move goal posts when ever they fancy to do so for their own good. And will not give a fluying duck about anyone of yous :D...

Why bother to discuss this topic? Macroing/botting is in practice allowed by MA, disregard EULA. Having your whole family play non-stop is the same. It won't change (else they'd have to ban top 100 players most probably). But it's a problem.

It pays off to bot during Mayhem especially. Grinding for high-end 2.0 guns is nigh near impossible without botting/macroing. Example: Halloween Mayhem lasted 14 days, 336 hours. Cycling 2k ped/h would give a cycle of 672k ped. Some players cycle this much (or very close, 500k+). Since MU from boxes and output amps cover tt loss for 2.0 weapon users (on average), the tokens are pure profit. The casual player has no chance at high-end 2.0 gear by playing fair - the good stuff is gone by the time he gets enough tokens (which would take years anyway).

Solution: MA should make an ingame bot for all players to use and even the playing field. Just like they did with crafting (it used to be manual clicking in the old days, but people applied auto-clickers to "cheat". Same discussion back then).

Macroing/botting is in practice allowed by MA, disregard EULA.
except when they were banning bots (quite some time ago) :)

Having your whole family play non-stop is the same.
it is not the same very fundamentally, because bots are way less expensive compared to the human counterparts (including organization to make humans play 24/7 with timezones in scope)
you would not say a solution to replace all truck drivers with cheap labor from other country is the same as replacing truck drivers with robots?
(probably bad example in terms of costs as it could be the other way around with current technology as players vs bots, but it seems quite different no)

Solution: MA should make an ingame bot for all players to use and even the playing field
I would argue that it would be much better for the game to limit the time of hunting / mining to levels that a human can reasonably perform, e.g. 10 hours in a day. Then there is a chance of humans still being able to compete. Sure that opens the door still for having multiple avatars, but it is an issue already today just worse.

i didnt know that girts was so based
I will assume you meant "biased" and in scope of the statements on botting.
If I look up the definition = "unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something"
still have to agree on "unfairly", but if I am indeed "prejudiced for or against someone or something" namely botting as I think it is bad for the game and I am all for consistency in terms of rules from MA, if it was a pattern banned for in the past it should not be tolerated or promoted today

I will assume you meant "biased" and in scope of the statements on botting.
If I look up the definition = "unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something"
still have to agree on "unfairly", but if I am indeed "prejudiced for or against someone or something" namely botting as I think it is bad for the game and I am all for consistency in terms of rules from MA, if it was a pattern banned for in the past it should not be tolerated or promoted today
A word used when you agree with something; or when you want to recognize someone for being themselves, i.e. courageous and unique or not caring what others think. Especially common in online political slang.

The opposite of cringe...
I do think he actually meant based lol, definition above

i dont like the time limitation idea, unless that is proposed as a quick fix for boting

the reason I don't like it is because why do multiple people play on 1 account ? probably because that account has awesome UL gear, you make this UL gear L, and stuck behind a profession level, you will solve the issue of multiple people playing on 1 account

the problem of boting can also be resolved by simply removing a player being able to create his own instance of a dungeon, if I can come steal from some bot I will

and I did mean based, down to earth

I would argue that it would be much better for the game to limit the time of hunting / mining to levels that a human can reasonably perform, e.g. 10 hours in a day. Then there is a chance of humans still being able to compete. Sure that opens the door still for having multiple avatars, but it is an issue already today just worse.

The proposal is sound, but MA prey on those that prays for hofs and pixel items, and they want their soon-to-be paupers permanently present. Same goes for most of the ubers with maxed out efficiency/looter; there's no loot and MU to be had without the mid-level, 1.0-aspiring -to- be- 2.0 donors happily giving away their peds day and night ;)

index.php

A repeating macro is per definition a bot.

A macro maps a single output to multiple outputs. For instance, A human presses a button, the computer simulates several keystrokes. (I.E. Mapping a button to switch to heal tool, heal four times, and then switch back to weapon would constitute macroing)

Adding any form of automation turns it into a bot.
Just F , is by definition, not a sequence of operations But rather a single one

by your own definition f spam is not a macro

Just F , is by definition, not a sequence of operations.

by your own definition f spam is not a macro

It is not my definition, but yes. That is correct. Automated F-spam is a bot, not a macro.

I am sure that the terms no longer mean what they used to mean, but F-spam can never be considered a macro since there is no expansion...

It is not my definition, but yes. That is correct. Automated F-spam is a bot, not a macro.

I am sure that the terms no longer mean what they used to mean, but F-spam can never be considered a macro since there is no expansion...
Use F to auto target mobs, then use 3 to resto, then 2 to heal once in a while. You can also configure macro to auto repair and get unstuck (randomly move or change target once in a while).

I do deed botting, you get paid without logging in. 🤣🤣

I am sorry this thread got so derailed. I do appreciate your log

Back