Approved (shared) alts?

what is allowed, what is tolerated and what constitutes a banable offense.

I was doing some research and come across this piece of software for Alt. Avatars
Seems it can be setup to do all sorts of tasks like... Setup an AuctioneerBot to buy stuff at a preset price.

Maybe this was mentioned elsewhere but this is the first time I have seen it and caught some YouTube vids where they actually brag about using this and don't care about bans.

<moderated>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was doing some research and come across this piece of software for Alt. Avatars
Seems it can be setup to do all sorts of tasks like... Setup an AuctioneerBot to buy stuff at a preset price.

Maybe this was mentioned elsewhere but this is the first time I have seen it and caught some YouTube vids where they actually brag about using this and don't care about bans.

<moderated>

I wouldn't trust any software like that, for all you know it contains a key-logger and your account will be gone very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

<moderated>
And the guy who wrote it looked at his handiwork, smiled and said We have become killers of the Worlds!

Seen it happen too many times.
If u happy about it, you're an idiot. Amen. :yup:

Last edited:
And the guy who wrote it looked at his handiwork, smiled and said We have become killers of the Worlds!

Seen it happen too many times.
If u happy about it, you're an idiot.

All I was asking, because ppl are using Alt. AVs, was that what they might be using to game the system ?
Never intended to use some piece of crap like that... JACKASS

If I misunderstood your "Idiot" I apologize but it appeared you were referring to me.

<moderated>

This would be ban-able as it gives an economic advantage to the player.

The original banking licenses issued in 2007 where entitled to create 5 avatars (per bank) for the purpose of managing the banks. This is from memory and cannot find the original bank license text to confirm/prove it.

I don't Think it was 5 avatars *per bank*. However, I Think that some ingame companies, like the clothing Company that had a shop in New Oxford (Before VU10), were allowed staff avatars, maybe it was staff avatars that were limited to 5 per Company. I Think also it was clear that they were staff avatars (they had the shop name as part of their names; I even Think they had a different color the way officials have).

I Think the reason for bank manager avatars (one per bank) is that the funds that the bank has availible for lending is the PEDs that is on the card that belongs to the avatar that has "claimed" the bank, so if an Active avatar (Active as in hunting, mining etc) has a bank and he wants to keep Control between his personal funds and the amount of PEDs that is availible for bank customers he has to have a separate bank owning avatar.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoA
Back