Calypso Forums is the Cure ...

Society
IVO
Amen Cool Breeze Blackheart
So here it is. I found the cure for my addiction to this game.

A little history;
Started playing Dec. 2005 and when I crashed from exhaustion my AV continued on without me. If you know what I mean :rolleyes:
Then it happened, I think it was a big VU update so I had to logout. :eek:
I was in a panic :eyecrazy: so I joined the Forums 3 1/2 years later just to hangout with the other poor addicted soles for comfort.
I finally figured it out approximately 9 months ago after watching some close friends leave the game for various reasons over the years which I will not go into.
My game play slowly dwindled down to about maybe an hour every few weeks and then it is mostly to say hello to some friends who are still in the game or check out an ongoing event.

THE CURE ... READ THE FORUMS
I started reading before logging into the game, Viola I'm cured. :ahh: I do not log into game.

PRESIDENTS ??? COMPETS ??? TP FEES ??? what the @#$! has happened to EU?

I miss No Vehicles, TP Runs and Dance Parties.

Anyways maybe someday I will feel that spark of excitement I use to get about this game.
Not worth chipping out so I will continue to read the forums for a glimmer of hope but with what is going on in RL around this planet with all the unrest, I don't know.

Let's pray ... AMEN :cool:

P.S. Whatever you do, don't read MA's Quarterly ... Holy Moly

Last edited:
Probably works only if you are already cleansed. Whenever I read the forum I feel an urge to log in.

Even if I'm already in :cool:

PE has its own gravitational pull. The farther away you get, the weaker it is.

It's always difficult, new event, new items...the pull of the new item!

Too much new things lately yea i agree . Most of it is dumy but what can you do :wise: than read the forum :D

Atleast seems like Serica step down on deleting comments lately :ahh: :girl:

Maybe when Develpors of this finaly understand that they cant give all the extra loot to their swedish gamers it will turn out to be a good game .

Some people however are so dense they have their own event horizons. :)

Last edited:
Report looks just fine compared to previous years, so I have no clue what he means by that. Maybe he doesn't know how to read it. And as far as I have seen, MA has never released quarterly reports, so I have no idea what report he read to start with.

I must apologize. I was tired and just wanted to Post Script quickly.
It is an Annual, but it does show some disturbing information that MA is on a downslide since the economy bubble burst. I saw another thread posted where they got quite involved in mashing the numbers from the English and Swedish reports.
2014 did look a little brighter, maybe because of the Deferred Taxes and trimming the fat from the company, I'm not sure my head is spinning now. Still not good enough to get me back to depositing into something I thought had a future. I would like to see 2015 report for sure.

Kinda wish I was in the company because they are cleaning house and have some sweet packages. I see now why you have to wait 40-50 days for your withdrawals unlike the 30 it only took me when I was removing ped.

Now to change the subject back to the original heart of the post. Still Cured, no more depo's.

P.S. > Don't worry COMPET will spark a revival :yup:

J/K ... I posted to find out what EU time was. See you later maybe. AMEN:cool:

I must apologize. I was tired and just wanted to Post Script quickly.
It is an Annual, but it does show some disturbing information that MA is on a downslide since the economy bubble burst. I saw another thread posted where they got quite involved in mashing the numbers from the English and Swedish reports.
2014 did look a little brighter, maybe because of the Deferred Taxes and trimming the fat from the company, I'm not sure my head is spinning now. Still not good enough to get me back to depositing into something I thought had a future. I would like to see 2015 report for sure.

Kinda wish I was in the company because they are cleaning house and have some sweet packages. I see now why you have to wait 40-50 days for your withdrawals unlike the 30 it only took me when I was removing ped.

Now to change the subject back to the original heart of the post. Still Cured, no more depo's.

P.S. > Don't worry COMPET will spark a revival :yup:

J/K ... I posted to find out what EU time was. See you later maybe. AMEN:cool:

Are you sure you know how to properly read the report? You can't just look at net profit in the report. The year you think looks "bad" they invested shit loads of money back into the company server hosting. I strongly suggest you don't make any "doomsday statements" based on financial reports you clearly don't know how to read.

Are you sure you know how to properly read the report? You can't just look at net profit in the report. The year you think looks "bad" they invested shit loads of money back into the company server hosting. I strongly suggest you don't make any "doomsday statements" based on financial reports you clearly don't know how to read.

Old Thread.
I moved on to the 2015 "ANNUAL" report.
I will let you know what I think about that.
Stay tuned. More "DOOMSDAY" to come.

P.S. You go ahead and keep drinking their KoolAid.

Just doing something else in life; changing the rud so to speak; helps enormously. I forgot all about EU for more than a year. By the time I came back I was like meh.

Just something strange; whenever I walk in nature, now and then I have to think about the old PE. PE might not have been shiny and didn't held your hand but it had a certain quality that got lost over the years.

Somewhere, in 2007 when the community was such a nice place. Many newer players can't grasp what a fun place it was then. So much enthusiasm, ambition. Alas, as it with all games, they have a life cycle and if cry engine was the mid life crisis then Eu nowadays is an old person running in the same old circles, being comfortable but without the nativity and ambition of youth.

Old Thread.
I moved on to the 2015 "ANNUAL" report.
I will let you know what I think about that.
Stay tuned. More "DOOMSDAY" to come.

P.S. You go ahead and keep drinking their KoolAid.

​Pretty sure you were dancing with me on Friday night ;)

​Pretty sure you were dancing with me on Friday night ;)

Now I'm reminiscing, Stop it

attachment.php

Back