Serve court papers - via Facebook - The Straits Times

I find it quite odd that they were not able to serve him despite the fact they have a significant amount of info about him...

My mother used to work at the federal courthouse, she knew the guy that serves people via facebook by creating fake profiles... or hacking them. So, this type of strategy is not new... at least not in the US.

Regardless of what happened between the parties involved, he needs to accept the responsibility of his actions.

/mod note/

This thread is not about people's personal opinions of the members of the Ark dev team.
Nor is it about the merits of the any legal action between Deathifier and others.

It's about the service of legal documents via Facebook, as a precedent in the jurisdiction of the Singapore High Court.

:topic:

And for those who want this thread suppressed, I think raxxor's comment says it best:
... In the end someone Will sniff out these stories anyway and there will be backlash.

Article said, "He is alleging copyright breaches of his works that were used both promotionally or in-game without his permission. He also claims there was a breach of contract."

This sounds about right from my experience Arkadia team are not very professional and outright disingenuine. Good luck to Mr storey hope he wins the case and shows Dobson and Ateam to be exactly what they are dishonest.

David Dobson and Ark development team is why I live on Arkadia. Good professional folk.
This sounds about right from my experience Arkadia team are not very professional and outright disingenuine.

:scratch2:

So who is the most professional to cast the first stone? You're all gamers. You're gambling higher stakes than you know the moment you start doing business with friends and family and be oh-so-professional with them.

So to stay on topic serving papers through online social media.
As already noted is old news and already done so that leave me curious if the lawyer for plaintiff thought up this idea of making media storm in teacup would help the case of the plaintiff?
Plaintiff may want lawyer to do their homework before jumping into what they think is so original and newsworthy.

So to stay on topic serving papers through online social media.
As already noted is old news and already done so that leave me curious if the lawyer for plaintiff thought up this idea of making media storm in teacup would help the case of the plaintiff?
Plaintiff may want lawyer to do their homework before jumping into what they think is so original and newsworthy.

It had been done before in other countries. The article lists Australia, Britain and South Africa as examples of this.

However, this appears to have been a first for Singapore, which is why it made the news there.

It had been done before in other countries. The article lists Australia, Britain and South Africa as examples of this.

However, this appears to have been a first for Singapore, which is why it made the news there.

Thats right (you said before i got to log on ;) ) as this this first case invovling this.

https://govinsider.asia/digital-gov/singapore-high-court-can-serve-papers-through-social-media/

Singapore’s High Court has ruled that court papers can be served through Facebook, Skype or internet forums for defendants who cannot be contacted in person.

If the method of serving notice to defendants are effective, “then a court must be open to substituted service through electronic means other than e-mails”, said Zhuang Wenxiong, High Court Assistant Registrar, the Straits Times reported.

This ruling came after the director for a Singaporean gaming company could not be served at his last known address in Australia. The court tracked that he was online within a certain timeframe, and accepted it as evidence that he had received the notice.

This move goes one step further from previous clearance to serve court notices through emails.

This move goes one step further from previous clearance to serve court notices through emails.

And that worries me. I don't know about you but I don't see all the emails I am sent. I get a lot and I have spam detectors and other rules in place. And FB doesn't seem at all reliable to me.

And that worries me. I don't know about you but I don't see all the emails I am sent. I get a lot and I have spam detectors and other rules in place. And FB doesn't seem at all reliable to me.

Yes, this is the modern society for you, though. Instead of people just posting selfies and telling everybody what doing every 5 mins of their lives. You can now serve divorce papers and other legal notices.

Back