Info: Never never weapons

May I point to the fact that this log is about an unmaxed SIB and not about what the threadstarter is asking?

It is anyway extremely useful, thank you for sharing the data.

May I point to the fact that this log is about an unmaxed SIB and not about what the threadstarter is asking?

It is anyway extremely useful, thank you for sharing the data.

It is exactly about what the OP is asking. Mako is a never weapon. Not sure how you would get SIB for 47 levels.

No, imk2 is a "never" weapon. The difference is a definition on 0->100 for function A vs. three different functions. One is 0->47, another is 47->52 and another is 52->100.
(i will presume that mako starts at 47 and max at 52, sorry if is silly, i write in a bit of rush didn't check actual stats but you will get the point).

A "never" weapon would behave at lvl 100 as mako would, if my numbers are correct, at lvl 52+.

BUT a mako lvl 0-47 would behave much worse than a "never". And for lvl 47-52, situation is very arguable.

Not the last, you're talking an imp wep.

I would presume a more relevant log (for this thread particularly, in no way denying the usefulness of your data) would be, say, ep-41 military vs., say, an equivalent (L) in terms of ideal dps, dpp and decay.

No, imk2 is a "never" weapon. The difference is a definition on 0->100 for function A vs. three different functions. One is 0->47, another is 47->52 and another is 52->100.
(i will presume that mako starts at 47 and max at 52, sorry if is silly, i write in a bit of rush didn't check actual stats but you will get the point).

A "never" weapon would behave at lvl 100 as mako would, if my numbers are correct, at lvl 52+.

BUT a mako lvl 0-47 would behave much worse than a "never". And for lvl 47-52, situation is very arguable.

Not the last, you're talking an imp wep.

I would presume a more relevant log (for this thread particularly, in no way denying the usefulness of your data) would be, say, ep-41 military vs., say, an equivalent (L) in terms of ideal dps, dpp and decay.

all i can say - :duh:

spend less time writing more time checking

The improved mako is a never weapon or properly stated.. non-sib. It is not in anyway an sib weapon.

Couple years ago, mindark changed how these weapons operate. Effectively these weapons got boosted to not be as bad as they were. For example, level 20 would be 2.0 ha/cha. Now it is a bit weighted. The formula is pretty much the sqrt(prof level). This part is irrelevant because it's crap either way.

The mako maxes at l100 because it is a never weapon/non-sib. Doesn't sound like you went through my results thread.

Additionally, unmaxed sib weapons are unusable until their minimum recommended level and then it starts at 8.0/10. The theory being that you get a skill bonus during this period to offset the losses. This is probably true vs. Markup of chipping in. But overall, is not smart.

Last edited:
The improved mako is a never weapon or properly stated.. non-sib. It is not in anyway an sib weapon.

Awesome :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I must apology, I just went ahead and presumed that being a Mako then is sib :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But then even more your log is a good proof that nonSIB can be used :D With due care.

Awesome :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I must apology, I just went ahead and presumed that being a Mako then is sib :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But then even more your log is a good proof that nonSIB can be used :D With due care.

Yea I suppose you could after you open kill strike but as I put in my thread, I'm not sure why you would want to. Big emotional toll.. get frustrated very easily.. and mind you that this is an unmaxed weapon whose dpp is at or near the max eco of a weapon possible (other than grandfathered imk2). I am not sure that the results would be the same with say.. an unmaxed doa foeripper. The value would be if you got a weapon like this real cheap and the ped loss from using it would greatly outweigh the loss in devaluation or markup from using something maxed until you reach max with the other weapon. I'm not sure there truly is a case where that is true now.

I do know using a doa penisflinger or whatever that cheap doa weapon is does not work well unmaxed. I think it's the strikehammer. Couple people fu and another guy I think used it a couple years ago and would drop 500 to 600ped so fast on a 5 ped mob. Yea he would get some big hits from time to time but holy hell he would lose a lot in the interim. He wised up.

Last edited:
Boy....and here I thought that never never weapons were those used by Peter Pan and Tinkerbell..:duh::duh::duh:

Back