Building The Future - The Next Stage of Plot Ownership

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Building The Future: The Next Stage of Plot Ownership[/h] We have now reached the next exciting stage of the Estate System. Plot holders on Planet Calypso will have the possibility to become Virtual Land Developers and build their own centres of production and supply.

[h=4]Building Your Property[/h]
The UI will let you choose, preview and place your constructions on a grid. At this point you’ll be able to review all building costs. Once you’re totally happy you can proceed with the transaction, at which point you’ll be shown the construction time.

Constructions are upgradeable, allowing you to modernize and improve your builds. For example, outlying walls may boast elegant arches, gates and pillars!

In this release only one type of house is available, but this is merely the beginning. We are continuously working on more developments!

[h=4]Build Components[/h] Each building comes with a certain number of construction points that you can allocate to construct different kinds of components. There are ‘building’, ‘gardening’, ‘utility’ and ‘industry’ points. The number of construction points varies depending on the size and cost of the building.

The UI will let you place constructions within the grid. During placement, you can rotate it like when placing any item. When satisfied, the building will begin its first step towards completion. Once you’re finished you’ll be able to admire and enjoy your new property!

[h=4]Vegetable Gardens: Grow Your Business![/h] A later release will feature the possibility of making a Vegetable Garden after building your house. This will enable you to become a producer of valuable organic goods and a key player in the supply chain. You’ll literally be able to ‘grow’ an expanding business!

[h=4]Building and Rebuilding[/h] What if you don’t like the way you’ve built your house, or you want to build another kind of building instead? You can start again by demolishing the building and regaining roughly 50% of your initial investment, which can then be used on your next build!

[h=4]Village Development[/h] As a Property Owner you are also a citizen of a village and the development of ‘village life’ will be the focus of future releases. Being a responsible village citizen will have a positive effect on the village community as a whole. This ‘communal’ dimension will be a new aspect of gameplay within Planet Calypso.

[h=3]Further Information[/h] For further details on the Estate System please see the Planet Calypso website.

It’s time to Build the Future!

Originally Posted Here

compet village-ish ala farmville in EU?...

So, you build a factory (industry points?) / garden (maybe similar to fruit walking but always find in that spot?), etc, and get a passive income?

I wonder if this means there will be new skills / professions unlocked for "property management".

this is kinda like the things (agriculture and subsequent professions) I wanted! and I'd love fishing! everything that broadens Entropia into an actual virtual world system is more than welcome!

but of course I'd also welcome some more bug fixes. every new patch of content should also be balanced out with fixing old problems, especially long-standing ones. the community craves these things

So, you build a factory (industry points?) / garden (maybe similar to fruit walking but always find in that spot?), etc, and get a passive income?

I wonder if this means there will be new skills / professions unlocked for "property management".

I didn't read any passive income.

I read, grow stuff and sell it.

Rgds

Ace

I didn't read any passive income.

I read, grow stuff and sell it.

Rgds

Ace

Aye you might have to use a harvesting tool to gather your vegetables in your garden.
Or have a number of people work with harvesting tools on your farm (larger plots) ;)

don't forget that bugs might eat your vegetables

PUN

don't forget that bugs might eat your vegetables

PUN

bugs are usually quite big in entropia - the question would have to be if you can tax hunters for killing the bugs in your vegetable garden ;)

What I want to know is, will more plot's become available??

Sitting on 10 unused cld's here, last time, lost on everything, they had all been snapped up.

Please answer MA rep Ludwig, or ask MA please, if you read this.

Sitting on 10 unused cld's here, last time, lost on everything, they had all been snapped up.

Not for a long time I hope. There were WEEKS for you to buy the plots. The fact that you were too greedy and/or cheap to bid on the reverse auction isn't the other peoples fault. MA needs to let the plots get some value before they over saturate them. I think already only like 10 people are interested in building including myself. Already there are far too many plots compared to people who will/can afford to use them.

Not for a long time I hope. There were WEEKS for you to buy the plots. The fact that you were too greedy and/or cheap to bid on the reverse auction isn't the other peoples fault. MA needs to let the plots get some value before they over saturate them. I think already only like 10 people are interested in building including myself. Already there are far too many plots compared to people who will/can afford to use them.

Lol so that's why you are selling them? Let's be honest you don't want new ones so you sell your current ones for a nice markup. Nothing wrong with that ofc.

You are only worried about the resale value and the margin you are expecting to get. There's no need to hide, reselling is not a crime.

It's not looking like these plots are designed to generate revenue anyway, more like fancier apartments.

Let's wait and see tho, could be fun and the potential is there.

You are only worried about the resale value and the margin you are expecting to get. There's no need to hide, reselling is not a crime.

Exactly. As is every other current owner. Same with any item in this game, what is your point?
No one wants any item saturated in this game that currently owns the item, and everyone who doesn't currently own said item wants it to be worthless. Everyone with 20k gun wants it to be worth 20k, everyone who doesn't own it would like to buy it from the TT.

And plots are already way too saturated, there are more plots then active depositors on calypso. If you want one buy a current one, no need to release more.

And I was only making fun years ago. :laugh:

Last edited:
the_plot_thickens.jpg

:silly2:

I have spoken with the development team. New plots will be released sometime after the summer.

I have spoken with the development team. New plots will be released sometime after the summer.

"How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?" - lyrics from The Sound of Music in a song trying to describe "MariA".

Ludvig: do you yourself have a feeling for the vocabulary MA uses for the future? If so, then you must be aware that this is possibly your least helpful communication so far.
Don't misunderstand me here - I think you have started off with some valuable communications - but please be aware of the constant drain on energy when it comes to MA 'promises'.

"How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?" - lyrics from The Sound of Music in a song trying to describe "MariA".

Ludvig: do you yourself have a feeling for the vocabulary MA uses for the future? If so, then you must be aware that this is possibly your least helpful communication so far.
Don't misunderstand me here - I think you have started off with some valuable communications - but please be aware of the constant drain on energy when it comes to MA 'promises'.

Ludvig: this is breaking the standard RCE rules and letting people know they should wait for the item instead of buying current ones; affecting the economy.

Ludvig: this is breaking the standard RCE rules and letting people know they should wait for the item instead of buying current ones; affecting the economy.

To Ludvig:

I am a holder of a land plot and I think all the information you have given us thus far (not just about the new plots) is very much appreciated. Please do not stop.

To Venture:

I understand your frustration but, giving us rough time frames of upcoming content releases is a very good thing IMO. Whether we know about things now, rather than literally the day of or couple days before a patch hits, the effect is the same. The only thing different is the time we are working with. I'm sorry this information hurts your timescale for sales.

Nearly all MMORPG's out today give players patch announcements, upcoming content announcements, etc,. And usually months in advance. I welcome this change, because to me it adds reliability to MA and EU. How often have we as players asked to know what is in the pipeline, and when we don't get an answer we complain that MA is "sitting on their thumbs"?

In regards to this being a RCE, the only thing thing Ludvig did was let us know the timeline of already promised content, he did not tell us what the next Adj mission is etc,.

I think keeping us in the dark until the day of is what everyone has been used to, but I think it is the wrong way to do things, and I think to discourage more open communication about things we've already been told about would be a bad thing.

Bullcrap.

Weeks of waiting for it to get down low enough for the bids to end while I'm at work. I'm neither greedy neither am I cheap. I've had 10 CLD's since more or less day one, and have neither brought (except straight from MA)or sold them. If you think only 10 people are interested, then you clearly are delusional.

I brought 9 CLD's and looted 1 in a team, and when they was advertised to begin with, it was promised that these cld's would get a small plot of land. Nowhere at the time as far as I'm aware, did they say it would require reverse bidding.

Why then would I buy a plot when I have enough CLD's to get my own?

If your worried about your damned MU, go play the stock exchange.

Again, thank you Ludvig for the reply.

Last edited:
Bullcrap.

Weeks of waiting for it to get down low enough for the bids to end while I'm at work. I'm neither greedy neither am I cheap. I've had 10 CLD's since more or less day one, and have neither brought (except straight from MA)or sold them. If you think only 10 people are interested, then you clearly are delusional.

I brought 9 CLD's and looted 1 in a team, and when they was advertised to begin with, it was promised that these cld's would get a small plot of land. Nowhere at the time as far as I'm aware, did they say it would require reverse bidding.

Why then would I buy a plot when I have enough CLD's to get my own?

If your worried about your damned MU, go play the stock exchange.

Again, thank you Ludvig for the reply.

Bid to end while your at work? All you had to do was buy it, there were weeks to buy each one. I don't get what you're saying. Did you even know how to buy them? There was no bidding.

Back