my brilliant idea to increase new player attention span!

Add an option to hire an assistant miner, while you are mining the assistant can extract the resources with or for you. Maybe they get a small compensation in the end. This will increase the beginners enjoyment of the game and they get to explore the game faster. They will get inspired to level up when they see the loot that older players are getting.

For hunting maybe allow new players to transform to mobs and make th drop loot so not all mobs are brain dead zombies. It will make hunting more exciting, and new players will have some fun too.

Brilliant! This for sure will bring jobs to EU, consistent growth and prosperity! We also could add small fee to teleports and spend the money from fees to make even more jobs!

Let's write an support case to MA, I'm sure they will give us response by 2020, so we could start develop our idea and MAKE ENTROPIA GREAT AGAIN!

Last edited:
Some miners may actually find that service useful, assuming MA implements such a feature.

As for the player being a mob, dont the creature pills already do that?

Maybe if a hunter wants something different they can give out a few pills to others and sort of hunt them .....

Add an option to hire an assistant miner, while you are mining the assistant can extract the resources with or for you. Maybe they get a small compensation in the end. This will increase the beginners enjoyment of the game and they get to explore the game faster. They will get inspired to level up when they see the loot that older players are getting.

Dot take it as negativity but I think its bad idea, and I don't think it could be implemented properly...

Just think about it for moment: where would go extracted resource?
1. to hired assistant?
What about security that he will not take all your loot and run?
2. to miner, when he is away from claim?
This would be exploited to safely mine in lootable pvp area.
3. to miner, when he is next to claim?
Then what is the whole point to hire someone else as extractor? They can see awesome loot on screenshots or on Twitch if that's primary reason (plus nobody, or near nobody, would pay some newb to extract while standing next to claim and doing nothing...)

Also who would get skills for extracting and pay extractor decay?
There is loads of issues and I do not think they can be solved in satisfactory way that would justify time and resources spent on them...

For hunting maybe allow new players to transform to mobs and make th drop loot so not all mobs are brain dead zombies. It will make hunting more exciting, and new players will have some fun too.

There are already Creature Control pills that provide exact function.

Again, allowing any new player to do this would lead to exploits in form of alt accounts serving as defense-cost-free mobs...

Dot take it as negativity but I think its bad idea, and I don't think it could be implemented properly...

1. to hired assistant?
Then what is the whole point to hire someone else as extractor? They can see awesome loot on screenshots or on Twitch if that's primary reason (plus nobody, or near nobody, would pay some newb to extract while standing next to claim and doing nothing...)

There is loads of issues and I do not think they can be solved in satisfactory way that would justify time and resources spent on them...

There are already Creature Control pills that provide exact function.

Again, allowing any new player to do this would lead to exploits in form of alt accounts serving as defense-cost-free mobs...

There is also the issue that the miner would be relying on somebody else to extract their limited time claims, meaning if the assistant has any connection problems, or refuses to extract those claims, for whatever reason, the newbie, who will most likely not know any better, will just continue mining and miss out on his claims, or at the very least have to go back and extract them himself, while still having to pay for the "assistance".

Would be better to hire a personal accountant :D

Better idea IMO would be the ability to trade mining claims (as long as they listed exact tt left in the claim on the deed)

1. to hired assistant?

Really, what he is asking for is just team mining...the issues of shared loot that you have are about the same. So you just have loot settings almost like you have for hunting...the one that makes the team gets the loot, or maybe give the extractor a percentage, like you can a healer. I'm not sure how much use it would be, but it probably wouldn't take that much time to code. It'd be something mentors could do with their disciples. Maybe it would make businesses like Greenleaf Mining easier to set up and run, since you can team hunt even across space. (Of course, distance is an issue.)

Last edited:
factories were mentioned as something to be done down the road. Perhaps 'team mining as a part of the factory/company' at a strip or coal mine type of thing may happen some day...

Really, what he is asking for is just team mining...the issues of shared loot that you have are about the same. So you just have loot settings almost like you have for hunting...the one that makes the team gets the loot, or maybe give the extractor a percentage, like you can a healer. I'm not sure how much use it would be, but it probably wouldn't take that much time to code. It'd be something mentors could do with their disciples. Maybe it would make businesses like Greenleaf Mining easier to set up and run, since you can team hunt even across space. (Of course, distance is an issue.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think team hunting has been changed some years ago, and no longer team leader can receive all loot...
This was changed to specifically prevent pvp exploits.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think team hunting has been changed some years ago, and no longer team leader can receive all loot...

No, you're correct, but I wasn't saying that that setting existed for team hunting, I was suggesting that it could be a loot option in team mining. Perhaps some sort of lockbox or temporary deed system could prevent pvp exploits, or, more simply, the option could just be disabled in lootable pvp.

yes it was changed , no option "leader takes all"

btw, nice idea, it can be made not work in pvp areas or smth like that.

How about a shared loot window, similar to an escrow account, the extracted resources enter it and then can't leave until the team leader dissolves the team, the extractor / employee would then be given a percentage which is set at the start.

If one or both are in a lootable pvp area it's counted as lootable, preventing someone exploiting it by letting themselves be killed by a friend is the hard part - leaving it as the percentage of who's killed can still be exploited and taking it all leaves it open to people doing it on purpose. Limiting it to non lootable areas seems the only valid way i.e. the employee cannot extract in lootable areas and the employer extracts then it doesn't enter the window.

Anything linked to the leader / employer, in this case mining finds, that the employee acts upon enters the window, anything the employee do themselves remains their own so they can also mine but it's separate.

I got an idea inspired by real life: an invasive plant that spreads EVERYWHERE (and I mean that literally - if a plant is not cut for e.g. 6 hours, it will create 3 more plants in the near vicinity) unless you cut it down with your newbie no-decay Trimm-o-matic 1000 (TM). the resulting drops (fibers) can be used in crafting. or in an alternative method of crafting (e.g. refine 1000 fibers for a piece of exclusive fiber clothing, 10000 for a whip, etc.)

I think people bored of sweating would love that concept. lot more dynamic since you have to think too about what you're doing - when you cut ALL the plants down, that area won't yield any more profit. people would actually visit remote areas that right now never see a player at all!

actually that concept is so good I'm gonna elaborate it in a thread of its own later

Back