PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Summer wont last forever (sadly)

1 month left Britain!

Stay Home______________________________ Play Entropia______________________________Stay Safe

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalia View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People can say all the "bla bla" they want, they can try to proove some theories with some mathematics, they can try to convince people that all is going well in entropia, it does not change the reallity : the economy is little by little falling down. There is very simple indicators : number of pages on auction decrease months after months, number of selling/buying threads on main forums also. When i started this game there was more than 1300 pages on auctions, it was only few years ago, now how much pages we have ? 700 on calypso and 150 on Arkadia and craps on the other planets ?

An economy is quantified by the exchange between the actors. Less exchange means lowest dynamism in the economy.

This fact is a reality but this reality does not change the interest i have for this game, and for the moment will not make me stop to play it. I can like EU and be realistic on the economical situation of the game ...
    You miss, with your indignation, a couple factors. One.. it is summer. Low auctions aren't a new thing. Two, there are less sellable things.. more people using shops to avoid auction fees. Auction listing are only a good measure of what people are attempting to sell. Many people have stuff in storage (oils) because of over supply. Lot of the listings were made up of mining amp liatings... people are buying in bulk and using only a couple amps instead of the wide range of amps available.

It's not always black and white. If that's your measure of the health of the economy, you are always going to have the incorrect view. While you're playing something else allegedly, the game is changing. Not to say the economy doesn't need work.. it's just not the same as it was last year.. nor was last year before that and so on.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ZPF View Post
    Seems to be more loot is just going into the TT or being converted into UA nowadays.
    Thats exactly it. With the crafters split between gambling on eps and those creating items its driven down markup which had caused more people to tt things as the auction fee can just eat the whole markup. Not to mention we have a global trade channel now. Less auctions doesn't mean eu is dying it just means less things worth selling on auction rather that tt or #trade

Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    I noticed many interesting things in your post. I want first to specify one more time that mine was not so negative as you may have feel it (my english is not so good ... sorry for that). I like this game and simply i have the feeling that the economy is falling down little by little and i do not want this, i hope it will raise up again.

One.. it is summer. Low auctions aren't a new thing.
    In june there was 800 pages instead of 750 ... 50 pages more only

YTwo, there are less sellable things..
    yes you are right, but non-sellable items are only low to medium level (mostly low level, only few Ark armors are medium levels). I also agree as there is more non-sellable nice items (good low level fap/gun, good low/medium level armors, ...) many people do not need to buy such items now. And this is one of the factor that impact the economy. Why a beginner will need to find a full little armor in auction as he can just deposit 10$ and get a nice one from the webshop. So i think non-sellable items have not a positive impact on the economy.

more people using shops to avoid auction fees.
    I visit often the shops, it is very rare when i meet someone there. I have the feeling it was more active before (but this is only a feeling).

Auction listing are only a good measure of what people are attempting to sell.
    People stop to attempt to sell when they loose 3 or 4 times the auction fees without any buyer even when they put an SB much lower than current MU (1 or 2 months ago no any bid on DOA LM for which SB was under MU).

Many people have stuff in storage (oils) because of over supply. Lot of the listings were made up of mining amp liatings... people are buying in bulk and using only a couple amps instead of the wide range of amps available.
    You are may be right.

It's not always black and white. If that's your measure of the health of the economy, you are always going to have the incorrect view. While you're playing something else allegedly, the game is changing. Not to say the economy doesn't need work.. it's just not the same as it was last year.. nor was last year before that and so on.
    Of course things changes. But i do not have the feeling auction trading system was replaced by something else. There is much less traders at twin than before, much less auctions pages and i also have the feeling much less sell/buy threads on PCF too (only a feeling about that).
    I only said that one important factor to have a dynamicall economy is to have lot of "trades". And currently if less auctions it means certainly less trades, so economy is much less dynicall than before.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    syntax error
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    I've never had a problem with paying to play, but it's a two way street. I paid 100 last month and had a quite a good run on LT's, I would've liked a month, but hey ho.

I paid 100 this month and within a few hours lost total confidence to continue hunting, and switched to training pets. I doubt I will return to hunting until well into Sept. My ped needs to last to pay my pet food, so in other words I get guaranteed online time budgeting to train pets. But in reality that's boring entertainment for 100.

The issue for me is peds for cash
    . 100 is a lot to me, yet it only buys around 1250 ped, and to be fair that is just not enough peds if MA has you allocated to a big hole.

I don't know how MA get around this, deposit hof would work. But what if people farmed deposit hofs. More ped per $ would suit me. The game has changed to 10 years ago not to mention the exchange rates, big HP mobs are now the norm.

Confidence is key here. I don't want to hear the hunt to your budget argument, that's just b*llocks 100 is not 20.

Still EU is what it is, I've been here long enough and still pay them.....like I say we need more peds for the value of deposits.....which is my message here. Anyway; "whatever", good luck out there.

Rick

Agreed 1000%. I'm not shy about depositing, and I'm fully cognizant of what is a gamble and what isn't. I also understand that there are cycles of "holy shit it's raining peds" and there's the brutal downswings where you wonder if you'll ever global again. Sometimes my deposit is gone within the same day because that's just where my loot cycle is. All told I feel like this game is considerably more expensive than it used to be. I don't really care about profiting, I would just like more bang for my buck.

I think the main problem is in the mid-levels. MA has done a great job at making the game noob-friendly, and you can cycle forever, even profit, on many low level mobs now. On the other end of the spectrum, most ubers are making easy profit now with all of the buffs and super eco high end gear. Mid-game is brutal. So as a mid-level player if you want to extend your play time you basically have 2 options: 1) forget about fun and just get a cheap eco gun and farm punies, or 2) invest $25-50k to skill up and get the right gear (and bankroll) to be able to hunt profitable mobs.

Thing is, not all of us care to get to that level. I couldn't afford to anyway, but even if I could I really don't think I'd care to spend the price of a car on a video game. I don't mind paying for entertainment, just give me something for it. I've been playing since beta, and I will continue to do so; but the game is extremely disappointing at times. I've deposited, lost it all in one hunt with no globals, and walked off to the pub with buyer's remorse.
    syntax error
    No resources found since 2003-10-29

I think its got a lot to do with little to know mark-up on a lot of resources now . I usually play with a small bank roll and if the mark-up is under 2% I just tt it or look for orders on the auction. It might not be the best way to play but I do fairly well just steady cycling and waiting on better drops .

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by syntax View Post
    you basically have 2 options: 1) forget about fun and just get a cheap eco gun and farm punies, or 2) invest $25-50k to skill up and get the right gear (and bankroll) to be able to hunt profitable mobs.
    1) Target MU (Yes there's not much out there but finding a mob with 104-105% isn't impossible if you leave Calypso

2) Hunt in a team (free dps/eco boost)

3) Hunt smaller mobs (no, not punies). Just something that gives you 0-1% defensive cost and has regen that is well-suited to your DPS

4) Try a profession that's less fun, like mining. It takes virtually no effort to find 110% average MU mining. Hell, you could drop blindly/randomly in almost any zone and you'd end with around ~105-106% MU which is often enough to break even on a big cycle.

It's less "fun" than hunting, so there's less competition. Avoid indoor mining as gamblers regularly crash markups by undercutting each other into oblivion.

5) Hold on to your loot and only sell during price spikes

MA might artificially bump the economy here and there with upgrade missions and such, but mid-level hunting is too heavily populated to sustain decent markup. Seems that the majority is happy to hunt and lose money, because hunting is "fun" and "cool"

Would love for Mindark to release new blueprints on a more regular basis and create some demand, but why would they when so many are happy to buy hundreds of strongboxes a month and cycle until their PED cards bleed out?

Attracting new players is going to net them more income than working their ass off to give mid-level hunters MU.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    syntax error
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    If my budget for 1 month would be 100 , I wouldn't hunt anything above puny/carabok or any other mob in that area.
    ... so maybe that's the whole point us regular peasants are trying to make. Basically you're saying that for $130 a month I can only afford the absolute lowest level of the game. Expensive game if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    The game pays if wants, regardless of payroll. Like I said before I've ran "all" hours in xmas MM for 100 (1250 ped) twice. But it will switch you off once it decides they've given you enough fun. Now for the record many times I've experienced a card drain no matter how big the card may be. Why is it you can have continuous globals for weeks, then the shutdown occurs on a personal level and no matter if you have 20k or 2K...the card clean will be on the menu.
    Same... I've seen the PED card go from a decent amount to nothing in spite of adjusting my activities to hedge it.
    syntax error
    No resources found since 2003-10-29

Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    If my budget for 1 month would be 100 , I wouldn't hunt anything above puny/carabok or any other mob in that area.
    4k Hp mobs require serious bankroll and tools.

I play with around half of that cash and i hunt bigger mobs, with my storage full of stuff, i play 2/3h a day
    You just have to know how to play smart, and go slowly, dont rush things, this game is to play for years in the long run, so have patient
    Bigger mobs like halix alpha and old alpha

Quote Originally Posted by John.B.Cena View Post
    I play with around half of that cash and i hunt bigger mobs, with my storage full of stuff, i play 2/3h a day
    You just have to know how to play smart, and go slowly, dont rush things, this game is to play for years in the long run, so have patient
    Bigger mobs like halix alpha and old alpha

Cool John, good that you are doing well in the game but please dont tell that mob with 180hp is big mob, go and hunt a big mob with at least 1k hp, then we can talk. We will see how long yours half of the money last on hunt.

Cheers

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast