PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 112
  1. #81
    Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    netherlands
    Avatar
    dutch fluske
    Society
    AOW
    Posts
    3,033
    Images
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Short answer, yes.

    Long answer: the game doesn't intend to punish, it just does so by design. Someone who plays 8-hours a day will still have shit returns if they hop around everywhere and aren't lucky enough to catch a wave on the right mob at the right time and place.

    Not grinding for hours on end just makes catching those waves more difficult, thus you're left with 90-95% return. The players who beat those returns, gear aside, are either the ones who grind forever, or have good knowledge of when a certain mob or area is "hot"
    you hav 27k in tracker,yet you state your opinion like its an actual proven fact

  2. #82
    Marauder
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Avatar
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    6,853
    Images
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by fluske View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you hav 27k in tracker,yet you state your opinion like its an actual proven fact
    His prism is from his mining grinding.

  3. #83
    Guardian syntax's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Avatar
    syntax error
    Posts
    259
    Images
    4
    All of these loot theories leave out what I believe is a very important factor in this game: luck.
    syntax error
    No resources found since 2003-10-29

  4. #84
    Elite
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    netherlands
    Avatar
    dutch fluske
    Society
    AOW
    Posts
    3,033
    Images
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His prism is from his mining grinding.
    so then he assumes mining and hunting works the same way,
    im not saying he cant be right(though my experience tells me otherwise),but its an opinion and not an fact

    maybe im biased but if someone with say over 2 million in tracker comments on lootsystem im more inclined to take it seriously

  5. #85
    Marauder M Rufen Power's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    UK - London
    Avatar
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Posts
    5,721
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The loot system seemed to be entirely re-worked at the onset of the shrapnel VU. 90% became a thing of the past for many players after that.

    I'd say it's gotten more player vs playerbase than it has ever been. Hence the reason for needing good knowledge, big bankroll, and gear appropriate to your circumstances. I hate to say it, but players hunting 4-5 ped mobs on a 1-3k bankroll typically hunt, lose their ped to bad returns after a couple of hours, and then log off. EU pays for consistency, and had that player had a 10k bankroll and he kept shooting the same mob for 4-5 hours each day for a week, he'd probably be closer to 100% return.

    This is how players get stuck into a perpetually depositing state, always thinking their big one will come, when in reality their lost ped went to the grinder sitting on that same 4-5 ped mob for days.

    EU does not support hunting above your bankroll and punishes inconsistent behaviors.
    Yep that is exactly when things changed on the VU of the explosives, irony lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The loot system seemed to be entirely re-worked at the onset of the shrapnel VU. 90% became a thing of the past for many players after that.

    I'd say it's gotten more player vs playerbase than it has ever been. Hence the reason for needing good knowledge, big bankroll, and gear appropriate to your circumstances. I hate to say it, but players hunting 4-5 ped mobs on a 1-3k bankroll typically hunt, lose their ped to bad returns after a couple of hours, and then log off. EU pays for consistency, and had that player had a 10k bankroll and he kept shooting the same mob for 4-5 hours each day for a week, he'd probably be closer to 100% return.

    This is how players get stuck into a perpetually depositing state, always thinking their big one will come, when in reality their lost ped went to the grinder sitting on that same 4-5 ped mob for days.

    EU does not support hunting above your bankroll and punishes inconsistent behaviors.
    Very good post! Cant rep anymore though :/.

    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Camping as it's called doesn't guarantee anything.

    I did 10K sumina, night after night, same for scips mission and rex etc.

    If the system wants to pay that mob it will, but if it's dead for loot, it might not pay a decent hof even if you're on it for "weeks".

    One of my frustrations was forced hunting on the mobs MA wanted us to hunt. It seems every mobs has its moment in the sun. Goes for LA's too, specially if they're offering big prizes, because MA will help them hit those targets to payout.

    You could argue same for deeds, such as the Underground. If it has had a rough few payouts, MA will show it some love. If someone bought a LA, they might be shown some love too.

    I'd agree that if you get yourself in the zone all-in and just keep shooting you've got a high chance of hitting some decent ped returns. It can go the other way though, if MA turn off events like MM or migration near the end then taking the same all-in approach can clean your card no matter what you do.

    The issue is more self control, if you're still pushing on a mob that MA has switched off for returns your going to get burned badly. If you force yourself on the next mob MA wants you to hunt, you can do aright.

    One things for sure, just when you think you've cracked it, you get a nasty shock...lol.

    Rick
    Did you care to ask if the mob you were hunting was being hunted by a large following? Player participation is one of the major factors with mobs not paying out imo.

    Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

  6. #86
    Marauder
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Avatar
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    6,853
    Images
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by fluske View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so then he assumes mining and hunting works the same way,
    im not saying he cant be right(though my experience tells me otherwise),but its an opinion and not an fact

    maybe im biased but if someone with say over 2 million in tracker comments on lootsystem im more inclined to take it seriously
    Being as this system is closed, we can only base our perceptions from the experience paradox.. our data inputs. No one is going to agree with everything said here but I would caution folks to not ignore the underlining premise of this thread.

  7. #87
    Old Alpha Detritus's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Avatar
    Detritus the Troll
    Posts
    1,010
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by krogfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    99% of whats been said in this thread I disagree with. Especially I disagree with people that claim they know it all but all they do is guessing and state it like its facts.
    You've stated that you disagree but not offered any counter argument. I would certainly like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

  8. #88
    Stalker Rocket192's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2012
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Avatar
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being as this system is closed, we can only base our perceptions from the experience paradox.. our data inputs. No one is going to agree with everything said here but I would caution folks to not ignore the underlining premise of this thread.
    Everyone is free to believe whatever they want.

    My perspective may be from mining more than anything. I've spent some months grinding hunting but never long enough to state something for fact. I can only use my own observations.

    That being said. I hopped around in august mining on many different planets, mixing indoors and outdoors and lost a lot of ped.

    I've done very well in EU for the last 4 years, so I'm going to continue doing what I do. Stating my observations is my right. You can disagree with me that's fine. Like a viewer on my stream recently who kept insisting that perception theory is true. Idgaf if it's true or not. I'm succeeding using my data and observations..

    People can listen, agree, disagree, or ignore me.. won't hurt my profits one bit.

    For people disagreeing about the grinding factor go check out black Caesar's kerb log. He doesn't have great dpp, but still better than the average kerb hunter, and he grinds through losses when others would stop. And he TT profits... ironically the same % of long term TT returns that my mining logs show.
    Last edited by Rocket192; 10-14-2016 at 15:30.

  9. #89
    Prowler sidxx's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    "/pos"
    Avatar
    General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen
    Society
    Colonel - Gunslingers -
    Posts
    1,312
    Images
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by krogfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    99% of whats been said in this thread I disagree with. Especially I disagree with people that claim they know it all but all they do is guessing and state it like its facts.
    thank you! There is so much bs in this thread its unbelivable

    There are nuggets of truth but largely its alot of misconceptions, fasehoods and ignorance.
    I have never claimed to know it all or even understand the system enough to take advantage of the loopholes.
    But i cant deny that DPP does have a place in eu but i strongy deny that it is relevant in all aspects of hunting. I know you are aware of this linzey as a heavy user of both high dpp and low dpp

    Im done trying to open people eyes when they have them firlmy glued shut.
    "We sacrifice those who refuse to adapt; so that the rest of us can advance."

    "Those who don't have a clue, insist they know. Those who know, stay silent and let you learn on your own."

  10. #90
    Stalker Rocket192's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2012
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Michigan
    Avatar
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    1,862
    Quote Originally Posted by sidxx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thank you! There is so much bs in this thread its unbelivable

    There are nuggets of truth but largely its alot of misconceptions, fasehoods and ignorance.
    I have never claimed to know it all or even understand the system enough to take advantage of the loopholes.
    But i cant deny that DPP does have a place in eu but i strongy deny that it is relevant in all aspects of hunting. I know you are aware of this linzey as a heavy user of both high dpp and low dpp

    Im done trying to open people eyes when they have them firlmy glued shut.
    Every statement I have made about DPP including the test used is that dpp is only a small part of a large puzzle.. I think you're confusing my statements, or maybe you're not referring to my comments.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook