2016 So Far

Yay statistics :yay:

I like this type of mid term communication, something to keep us going until the next state of the universe.

Nice job :yay:

toxic_olant_info.jpg

No tt value? Stop giving them ideas. :laugh:

I never dared to activate my Gold Card because of the known problems with it. It will take even longer to gain trust in a new system with yet unknown problems. Until then, I rely on decisions I can control myself for password security. But I don't agree with those who would shoot down the effort to try and come up with something better. Wish them all the best.

I've been using my gold card since 2006. Only once did I ever have to get a new reader and that was completely my fault because I left the card in the reader, forgot it and left it like that for days.....

Only issues I ever had that needed resyncing was my own errors. Otherwise it has never been any problem and has been a real peace of mind.

No tt value same as avatar bound if you think about it.

Calling oztwo.. come in oztwo.

:laugh:

OZTWO!!! WHere are you???? They are making more zero tt/avatar bound stuff!!! Get over here quick!!! :cheer: GO GO OZTWO...let em have it!!!

revenue != net profit

No tt value same as avatar bound if you think about it.

Calling oztwo.. come in oztwo.

:laugh:

It's a plant on Arkadia that they been testing for about 2 years now. fyi...:) Also looks cool when you shot it..I forgot, but I think I have a video of it...but probably not...not sure.

OZTWO!!! WHere are you???? They are making more zero tt/avatar bound stuff!!! Get over here quick!!! :cheer: GO GO OZTWO...let em have it!!!

Na, after reading the update for 2016, I thought I would just keep a low profile here..ok yes I did say something about the plots..bad me..bad bad bad bad bad bad bad me.

Translation:

We've done like 3 things in the last year.
Remember owning land? well now you can FINALLY do something with it. Will it continue to be worthless? You'll see. And yes - more components to craft more useless and worthless stuff!!

Money is up and "player base" is up so we won't spend any money on ads or investment in the game or development or let alone improve the loot return (LOL)

Oh and - compet is STILL in beta.... just in time to miss out on the Pokemon band wagon.
We decided to put more energy and programing into a new phone app, and not work on our actual game.

Seeya out there!

there is more component blueprints than players in that game ... and they will ad more ;-D

I know ma is a company. Companies are supposed to make money. That's fine. I personally think the compets thing drained away man/women power and funds that would have been better allocated to entropia.

Let's face it. No matter how cool or great compets is they don't stand a chance against Pokemon Go

Space is a different beast. In essence, you're developing a whole new game. PE/EU wasn't conceived as a space game and what we have right now is rudimentary, pre-alpha at best. It currently is just an abyss to keep the planets from crashing into each other and has yet to be filled with content. Competition is fierce, there is a plethora of great space games out there and many years ahead in development (examples of which are forbidden to be named in this cybervenue). They in turn mostly lack in planet content (examples of which are forbidden to be named in this cybervenue). To get both realms right and captivating for the player base is obviously difficult for a big company, so much more difficult for a small one. So don't expect anything quick. If wishes were horses...

I think MA is spread to thin now for such a small company trying to deal with Calypso, Compets, EU maintenance, PP requests and also space. I don't think they man power to deal with it all and hence why we see so many problems and lack of content in other areas. Space will never get MA full attention while they still trying to get compets of the ground and trying to bring out new stuff (housing and new events) on caly.

So space will remain as it is and we will have gardening.

Good news about increase in players and income :)

Will these vegetables grown in gardens be required as ingredient for people who craft on other planets?

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to increase their business

So space will remain as it is and we will have gardening.

Good news about increase in players and income :)

Will these vegetables grown in gardens be required as ingredient for people who craft on other planets?

#space_flight ~ where pilots advertise to increase their business

They are exclusively for crafting at the moment and likely will use exclusively calypso items due to the fact they are calypso plots. Eventually other planets can do the same and then it will use their items.

Are your ALT's ready?

The Calypso team will be releasing an additional Robot Invasion dynamic event suitable for lower level avatars in the upcoming release.

Just thinking....

And still the pet buff stables are just claim markers, no word about that :mad:

Maybe you can farm the ingredients to craft nanocubes?

I know ma is a company. Companies are supposed to make money. That's fine. I personally think the compets thing drained away man/women power and funds that would have been better allocated to entropia.

Let's face it. No matter how cool or great compets is they don't stand a chance against Pokemon Go

I agree, they need to write off their losses on Compets and start developing Entropia again. The only development they've done on the game this year is some vague thing regarding events?

I agree, they need to cut their losses on Compets and start developing Entropia again. The only development they've done on the game this year is some vague thing with events?

Some may say this vague thing is the only gameplay improvement for the last 10 year. A step over watching paint dry. :laugh:

Hope the plot owners who invested in the plots for farming will not get that pissed off that we will not be able to grow fruit. :(

Maybe nutrio bars can be crafted.

Maybe farms can be raided with pets, or protected with guard pets.

Maybe there's food buffs for pets, or maybe it's about crafting more buff pills for hunting.

Maybe the crafting needs a mix of harvested woods and farmed resources for BP's

We will see....maybe just maybe MA are hoping we give them ideas...lol.

Rick

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that farming will be the source of crafted pills/buffs.

More components in an already saturated market is annoying though. I hope that they don't use completely new input to produce a completely new output.

A more elegant solution would be to have:

Enmatter Input decides type of plant -> Grow with Fertiliser -> Craft Plant product with Ore to create Pill Delivery System.

E.G:

10x Ares Powder -> Ares Plant (5.2 ped) + 1 Day + 10x Fertiliser -> 10x Ares Fruit (9.90 ped). Maybe remove some TT here?

Then,

1x Ares Fruit + 10x Ganganite Ingot -> Neurostim A (max per click = 4.5 ped).

But I guess it's already been decided and we will just see a simple Fruit -> Refine -> End Product...

They have to be careful, giving the land owners exclusive rights to all pill creation could create cartels. Giving fruit the use in creating pet buffs could kill of the already on life support stables (unless the stables require fruit, so growers and stables have to work together)

As a new player I have to ask this question, why are the development team bring in new activates such as this gardening which only a small % of players can do, i.e those who own land, so what about players like me who have just started playing and can afford to buy land, also on the subject of buying land even if I had the PED's, I can not buy a plot as there are no new area's to buy, as all the players who have been playing for years bought up all the land.

So it would seem to me that the development team's time and energy should be better spent on fixing bugs and designing new activates that benefit all levels of players not just the top tier.

As a new player I have to ask this question, why are the development team bring in new activates such as this gardening which only a small % of players can do, i.e those who own land, so what about players like me who have just started playing and can afford to buy land, also on the subject of buying land even if I had the PED's, I can not buy a plot as there are no new area's to buy, as all the players who have been playing for years bought up all the land.

So it would seem to me that the development team's time and energy should be better spent on fixing bugs and designing new activates that benefit all levels of players not just the top tier.

Well tbh I don't think everyone should be able to do anything without having to spend the peds to get it. You can still buy a land plot on auction, there are several for sale both on the forums and ingame. It would dilute the use and value of land plots if everyone had a piece of land.

There are several types of deeds that you can buy atleast, back in the day there were only houses that you could buy and use as a storage.

If you really want to garden, depo and buy a land plot.

This was something that was promised upon the launch of CLDs as an enticement to buy them, they had to follow through with the promise eventually.

It would dilute the use and value of land plots if everyone had a piece of land.
Give it time. Someday everyone will have land... Every planet will get the system eventually I suspect... just as every planet got apartments, shops, LAs, etc. that all diluted their value over time.... just like L diluted value of UL, etc.

.. also on the subject of buying land even if I had the PED's, I can not buy a plot as there are no new area's to buy, as all the players who have been playing for years bought up all the land.

even if new land was made available the price would be out of range of most people.

Besides, the cost of farming hasn't been established it could be extremely expensive and there's no guarantee they won't introduce other items in the tt or boxes that compete against them.

Last edited:
also on the subject of buying land even if I had the PED's, I can not buy a plot as there are no new area's to buy, as all the players who have been playing for years bought up all the land.

The longevity in game has nothing to do with it, you can buy anything on your day 1 if you have peds, just make an offer to those who managed to grab the plots first (many of them just investors who don't play for long / much). It's not a "top tier". The prices are relatively high, especially considering the questionable yet value of the output, but it's nowhere close to 6-digits prices of real top tier stuff.

Back