I'm new. Bad Mentor Experience. Chat Screenshot.

I don't think hardly anyone was knocking the guy who tried to mentor the returning player Eli, rather most are commenting on how the system is inadequate

From those screenshots are you waiting to justify your thread about a fellow entropian who tried to help you? :scratch2:
my policy of neg rep's has changed and I'm not doing it anymore, otherwise I should for you!

Advice
Stop playing Entropia and study for some time about it. Two very usefull links below:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264996-Entropia-Universe-Guide-2015-Edition
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288617-Being-in-Entropia
Youtube and Twitch also are full of people who giving advices and streaming. A good source of info.

Also I agree with the guys above for A minimum requirement Level both for disciple and mentor. That way it will help to prevent such misunderstandings.

Last edited:
It is true that according "entropia life" your mentor had little experience, but their help was not far-fetched….. the fact is that with only 11 peds in your pockets even with Messi91 as your mentor you would have broken too.... You need to have a way to replenish your losses, either extracting sweat or depositing some coins….

In my opinion, If you want to receive gifts from graduation very quickly, you must try with daily missions of crafting in Monria, (aprox., you need have 150 peds, an Explosive BP lvl1 -qr100, and 13 days of effort) :wtg:

Just to put some numbers to it for the newbies out there, to succeed in mining you're going to need minimum 2000 peds on your ped card, not 20. The reason is that most runs will be low returns (~75%) but occasionally you'll get a HOF that brings you back to 95% return.

Last edited:
Im a little confused here.

So, scammers names in posts are deleted, screenshots with names remowed.
But when a first time poster balmes someone for being a shit mentor and blaming him for the loss of his whole bankroll of about 2$, all is good. Someone not bothering to read through the screenshots, might as well get the picture, that the mentor in question actually is at fault for the OP losing his 2$.

someone slacking or double standards much

But when a first time poster balmes someone for being a shit mentor and blaming him for the loss of his whole bankroll of about 2$, all is good. Someone not bothering to read through the screenshots, might as well get the picture, that the mentor in question actually is at fault for the OP losing his 2$.

It's quite obvious the Mods aren't very active atm. 2 threads about Pirates with abuse slung, v few deleted posts. posts about botting with multiple names revealed, no deleted posts and this which names and photos link outside PCF

Mods may well be active, just assuming that the readers of posts here tend to be adult and can make their own minds up.
New player, knowing bugger all about anything, received good advice that while he did not understand and so lost very little. People are quite able to realise that the mentor was not bad,

Other threads about pirates, where they make fools of themselves - forget the abuse, enjoy the spectacle.

I don't think any slacking is going on & that political correctness is being given a miss.

Gratz to the Mods

Two dollars! :D

Mentor DID give him BAD advice.. with 20 ped rookie mining is easily achievable.

As others have said, why should I mentor new players? Waste my time on someone who will probably quit in few days, even if they do graduate I get fuck all worth my time. :wise:

Mentor DID give him BAD advice.. with 20 ped rookie mining is easily achievable.

As others have said, why should I mentor new players? Waste my time on someone who will probably quit in few days, even if they do graduate I get fuck all worth my time. :wise:

hey you get some Hunter Gloves :D

Clarification on Mentors Part

Hello all,

I am the mentor in question here. First I would like to thank everyone who found that I wasn't completely in the wrong. Second I would like to say that not only did I have as much patience that I could with this disciple but I also gave him 5 PED of mines to drop to try and cover his losses. I'm not sure if that showed in the screenshots. I do agree with the fact that I should not have been mentoring someone who was strongly into mining as he was. But also, I thought maybe he needed direction in a different area because I feel he liked mining because he watched a bunch of Youtube videos and thought he was gonna get rich quick. I saw alot of people saying i did not have much experience based on my tracker. but I've only been running that 1/4 the time I've actually been playing Entropia. I am experienced well enough to explain the basics of mining although I am primarily a hunter. I did my fair share of screwing up in the beginning with mining also, before turning to hunting. And near the end many of you probably saw before the screens were taken off, I only removed him because he was completely blaming me for all his PED loss, even after I gave him PED, took time to fly him around and protect him while he mined in dangerous areas and put up with his constant asking for more. I was not rude and sent him with good luck.

I saw alot of people saying i did not have much experience based on my tracker. but I've only been running that 1/4 the time I've actually been playing Entropia. .

Your globals will be tracked on entropialife even if you dont use the tracker yourself , unless u mine in deserted places where none or few else uses tracker , like next island or secret island.

Very nice of you to give him 5 peds to try and cover his losses. I think you did the right thing dropping him, but you could ofc explained to him first that he expected to much and that he perhaps should find another mentor.

Hello all,

I am the mentor in question here. First I would like to thank everyone who found that I wasn't completely in the wrong. Second I would like to say that not only did I have as much patience that I could with this disciple but I also gave him 5 PED of mines to drop to try and cover his losses. I'm not sure if that showed in the screenshots. I do agree with the fact that I should not have been mentoring someone who was strongly into mining as he was. But also, I thought maybe he needed direction in a different area because I feel he liked mining because he watched a bunch of Youtube videos and thought he was gonna get rich quick. I saw alot of people saying i did not have much experience based on my tracker. but I've only been running that 1/4 the time I've actually been playing Entropia. I am experienced well enough to explain the basics of mining although I am primarily a hunter. I did my fair share of screwing up in the beginning with mining also, before turning to hunting. And near the end many of you probably saw before the screens were taken off, I only removed him because he was completely blaming me for all his PED loss, even after I gave him PED, took time to fly him around and protect him while he mined in dangerous areas and put up with his constant asking for more. I was not rude and sent him with good luck.

you did right sending him packing, i've had a disciple who asked for free stuff all the time, i declined (must of asked for about 100ped of ammo over time) in the end i pulled back and only passively mentoring him (answering questions and no team hunts) ended up with 2 stars and PM saying he rated me at 2 as i wasn't generous to a new player

That said, i had another who started out as pretty hard work, but about a week in, i think the game clicked and hes done quite well from himself

Back