CLD mayhem! Where will it go to this time?

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Last week I've been watching the CLD prices go through the roof.
Whats going on here?
Supply is running out and prices are shooting up.

Sold my deeds at 2038 thinking the price had been streched out already and hoping to rebuy under 2000 again, but I was wrong. It keeps climbing. :scratch2:

What's your expectations, will it dip under 2000 again?

Cld's always went up in price when landplots was for claim. When everything is claimed they might go down a little bit again. But as long the ROI isn't zero, there is still room for a more inflated price. The only thing that can bring cld's down is when a major cld holder is dumping hunderds or thousands of clds on the market. As long the community treat clds as cash derivat there is only one way and thats up with the price. You can pay nearly anything expensive with it, it generate revenue for you on top and the trust you can sell them for the same price you bought them or even higher make this better than cash. Until this trust is fading i expect cld's become more expensive each year.

Example : 2013 i tryed to buy an angel set (F) for 9 CLD's and got refused. If the seller had hold on the CLD's until today he would own 18270 ped @2030 each cld and on top of this around 150 ped each cld each year. 22320 ped for an angel (F) set , whos paying this today ?

Last edited:
the price of CLD are to dam high!!!!:eyecrazy:

Last week I've been watching the CLD prices go through the roof.
Whats going on here?
Supply is running out and prices are shooting up.

Sold my deeds at 2038 thinking the price had been streched out already and hoping to rebuy under 2000 again, but I was wrong. It keeps climbing. :scratch2:

What's your expectations, will it dip under 2000 again?

ROI is good (great when compared with RL investments, but there is quite a high risk here - reducing risk the longer the game continues) and more importantly, you have 2 major high turnover events plus the long-awaited introduction of a use for land plots.

Halloween, Merry Mayhem, and Land Plots will keep the prices high (>2100) until at least after Christmas.

I would then expect small deflation but it could well stay above 2k.

Oh yeah, one other thing. The price of CLD deeds is directly related to the value of the Planet Calypso subsidiary company. So it is in MindArk's full interests to maximise the value of these deeds (i.e. expect more functionality of the game to be routed through land plots / further usage for CLD(X) deeds).

ROI is good (great when compared with RL investments, but there is quite a high risk here - reducing risk the longer the game continues) and more importantly, you have 2 major high turnover events plus the long-awaited introduction of a use for land plots.

Halloween, Merry Mayhem, and Land Plots will keep the prices high (>2100) until at least after Christmas.

I would then expect small deflation but it could well stay above 2k.

yes, but this is not something that happened last 2 weeks, did it?
Land plots are not new anymore. Nor are high turnover events.
Why the sudden sharp rise we see now?

Is the market overheating? Will people start dumping once it hits the 2100 mark?

yes, but this is not something that happened last 2 weeks, did it?
Land plots are not new anymore. Nor are high turnover events.
Why the sudden sharp rise we see now?

Is the market overheating? Will people start dumping once it hits the 2100 mark?

Tipping point. Land plots are not new, but they finally have a use (economic return) and we all know new systems draw higher prices (see firn/stink price jumps).

Plus, I think there is a bit of market wariness against AUD at the moment which only helps CLD (which have been stable & high ROI since inception).

There will be a group of people with big ped cards, that will buy CLD’s to claim the land plots, then sell CLD (X) probably to order, and then cycle that over and over.
But it only makes sense if they can make a quick profit on the plots, for fast turn-around.

Deposit for 9 CLD and try it if you want…lol.

I’m sure there will be a few owners that will try and own ‘many’ of the plots for future sale. Big gamble, especially as a certain person tried to own a majority of the hangers.
MA will never allow one person or a few “to clean up”. So when people do that, they’re actually holding the system back from more development. You give MA a brilliant excuse to let something stagnate, and it only hurts a couple of investors, not a broad range of the player base. So the pressure is off from MA point of view.

The fact remains that the Average return on CLd’s continues to fall week by week (just see the average chart). Plus the owners would never know what revenue is included or excluded. I’d put money on it that the purchases of the new jumpsuits sits outside of revenue stream, or adjusted weapon upgrades etc.

MA might try and milk these plot for everything it’s got. Then why not milk all those unused apartments for everything it’s got. Imagine the panic buying of apartments, if MA decided to let us grow fruit boxes….just the standard fruits to feed pets. Not that I would ever suggest such a thing :p

The whole estate thing has got lots of life in it yet….smiles.

Someone will get burned eventually though, especially if the emperor has no clothes (meaning if the plots don’t justify the development price).

Remember it’s game, have some fun, you don’t have to re-mortgage your house to play it.

Rick

As long as people keep paying the price will stay up. Just a matter of time til some won't be willing to pay... wonder what this end of year sale will be? Next Island deeds anyone?

Remember it’s game, have some fun, you don’t have to re-mortgage your house to play it.

Rick

Well, I had lots of fun watching my deeds and the cash pile in the ped flow center grow and grow :wtg:

But now, with nearly all deeds sold I feel an emptiness inside me. A big void, compensated by a big stash of ped.
But I'd rather sit on a stack of deeds then on a stack of ped.

Very dangerous to have all those ped lying around. I even started hunting again after several years of inactivity.
And now I see this stack of ped getting smaller each time I pull the trigger :scratch2:

I want my deeds back! :laugh:

Well, I had lots of fun watching my deeds and the cash pile in the ped flow center grow and grow :wtg:

But now, with nearly all deeds sold I feel an emptiness inside me. A big void, compensated by a big stash of ped.
But I'd rather sit on a stack of deeds then on a stack of ped.

Very dangerous to have all those ped lying around. I even started hunting again after several years of inactivity.
And now I see this stack of ped getting smaller each time I pull the trigger :scratch2:

I want my deeds back! :laugh:

Smiles...

I sold my stack at 1250 and thought I was doing ok few years ago.
Then pumped 5K into spiders, and thought to myself it cost me nothing anyway.
I panicked though when I felt that MA wanted "it all" so pressed the withdraw button.

I'm sure many players sold and threw it all to the machine. Well I know a few players that did exactly that.

I've probably deposited much more than I withdrew since though. But here lies the problem, the game turned into a playground for CLD holders. Losing free peds is no big deal really, losing deposited peds "fast" is very painful indeed and unsustainable.

If people don't deposit then the game has a problem. Then again MA probably make more money as an Investment Bank from deposits than they do from the game these days. Funny stuff.

Maybe some opportunities around the corner, if you can control your spending. You've locked in the gain if you sold around 2K each, that's damn good going indeed. Try not to feel empty.

Probably top of the market I'd say whilst all these plot are going on.

Split your peds and store your original investment, and give yourself some rules should you want to touch it.

Rick

I think there is some physiological elements as well regarding the price.

Passing the 2000 mark is a big deal but once we are over it then not so much difference between 2000 and 2100 imo.

There is no reason why the price won't keep rising until it reaches a point where AUDs present an equal or greater ROI...

There is no reason why the price won't keep rising until it reaches a point where AUDs present an equal or greater ROI...

This could be a reason why the graphene composite may not be dropping anytime soon. If this would start dropping more, then AUDS would immediately double their roi, threatening the CLD purchase price.

This could be a reason why the graphene composite may not be dropping anytime soon. If this would start dropping more, then AUDS would immediately double their roi, threatening the CLD purchase price.

Graphene is no longer a rare apparently (can't confirm, don't go there). So there would be no way of tracking droprate.

Supply & Demand meet my fellow crazy (greedy) E.U players .......

Seems like a match made in heaven, i'm not sure what could go wrong ....

Interestingly; with an ATL return and ATH prices; the ROI shrinks further and further.
At current rates it would take almost 16 years to break even.

I'm interested to know who is buying now; and if they do it as long term investment or short term speculation.

you got to be stupid to keep the cld at this price when they pay under 3 ped...just luls

Go to a bank and find a better ROI with just a minimum of $205 good luck!

you got to be stupid to keep the cld at this price when they pay under 3 ped...just luls

Just depends how secure the investment is. At guaranteed return of 3*12/2000 (1.8%) - and I mean guaranteed, the investment is sound (way better than RL banks).

If there is any risk, then it infers the ROI should be higher.

Remember, this isn't a "fair" market (it's like the DOW operating in every country from the USA to Ethiopia- the only winners are the metaphorical USA residents).

Just depends how secure the investment is. At guaranteed return of 3*12/2000 (1.8%) - and I mean guaranteed, the investment is sound (way better than RL banks).

Remember, this isn't a "fair" market (it's like the DOW operating in every country from the USA to Ethiopia- the only winners are the metaphorical USA residents).

your calculation is incorrect.

It should be 3x52/2000= 7,8%

Still a lot better than ANY bank will give you.
Even with 2 ped per week it's still around 5%.

CLD/AUD are risky investments due to them being bound to a specific platform and company. Well you can say that investing/playing Entropia is an investment with high risk overall. There are three reasons I can think of to why the ROI should be higher than banks:

1) When depositing/withdrawing PEDS you go through exchange rates and a withdrawal fee. These exchange rates can be seen as risks, even if you might profit on them due to currency rates. The withdrawal fee is pure loss, which you must cover with profits.

2) Withdrawals takes very long time (up to 90 business days). This period locks your investment and you lose potential money that could have been made on interest or other investments.

3) There has always been the risk that Mindark can be interfered by gambling regulations. Comparing a bank to a company like Mindark I can say that a bank has much more secure position and financial capacities, which in itself is also a downside to investing in Entropia.

We all have chosen to invest a part of our money and time in Entropia so we believe to some extent that this is a good investment/entertainment worth to risk a part of our earnings ;)

I think selling at 2038 was awesome plus you got the div for 5 years.

If I was you, I'd hold and wait for the next big thing to come along.

I said 5 years ago that if investors use CLD to cease deposits and not to assist their avatar growth MA will change the game. They're doing that with the new eco and efficient weapons. This trend "WILL" continue.

I don't think CLD are worth huge values.

Part of the price hike was the "unknown" of how useful land plot will be. It's a very clever move by MA, making them expensive to develop before you even get off the ground.

So is there really any money in the plots? that's for you to decide I guess.

Personally I'd rather not be locked into an investment, because I've been steered down that road. I'd rather skill an activity because it gives me joy.

Anyway I think the tables are turning, it's players that will keep the game going, and MA have moved the goal posts in favour of active play.

I think CLD's have had their day in the sun.

Rick

I think selling at 2038 was awesome plus you got the div for 5 years.

If I was you, I'd hold and wait for the next big thing to come along.

I said 5 years ago that if investors use CLD to cease deposits and not to assist their avatar growth MA will change the game. They're doing that with the new eco and efficient weapons. This trend "WILL" continue.

I don't think CLD are worth huge values.

Part of the price hike was the "unknown" of how useful land plot will be. It's a very clever move by MA, making them expensive to develop before you even get off the ground.

So is there really any money in the plots? that's for you to decide I guess.

Personally I'd rather not be locked into an investment, because I've been steered down that road. I'd rather skill an activity because it gives me joy.

Anyway I think the tables are turning, it's players that will keep the game going, and MA have moved the goal posts in favour of active play.

I think CLD's have had their day in the sun.

Rick

well, I bought them back and even more as before after selling some storage junk. I think they're worth it, even at this price. I'd rather put my ped in deeds then have them lying dead in my storage or to waste it on clicking the same mob for thousands of times.
Don't have much time to play and besides, the mindless grinding ceased to be fun to me.
Occasionally I buy some ammo for a little hunting and I'm happy that by now I can do that for "free" from the payouts.
All the payouts have stayed in the game though with no intentions to withdraw anytime soon.
I find more fun in logging in occasionally to see the balance in the ped flow centre grow steadily.
I've been here for over a decade already now, so time is getting less relevant.
Let's see where the account stands in 2025.

...a year has past.

the ride went up to 2250 but now we're back to where we were.
The trend looks like the CLD are going to take a nose dive.
Payouts have been halved since a year ago.
And at the current price of just over 2k the returns have dropped to under 5%.

Time to sell as for 5% I'm not going to sit on these deeds anymore.

Time to sell as for 5% I'm not going to sit on these deeds anymore.

I thought you're feeling a void when you don't have deeds.

I thought you're feeling a void when you don't have deeds.

yes, I do still feel the void now I ditched them. And it was a tough step for me to take. Feels a bit like ending an era.
So I'm going to keep 1 for nostalgic reasons. :laugh:

If they pay back over 10% again, I might reconsider stepping back in. But 5% just doesn't justify holding on to them anymore.

Maybe I'll try some real stocks with that cash. :rolleyes:

I find more fun in logging in occasionally to see the balance in the ped flow centre grow steadily.

I think I made the mistake of logging in to often, playing to much, spending to much instead of just letting it grow steadily....
That made me see the dwindling returns, dwindling CLD value and dwindling account value due to lack of loot.

Back