Societies with bad reputations ?

Azrael

Prowler
Society
KAOS
Azrael Omega D'Morte
Is there anywhere to look up societies with bad reputations ? I've experianced a series of incidents with a particular society since I've started here. And the incidents are usually from different members in it. They are basically just selfish, rude, and obnoxious people.

My deciple was having a problem with someone the other day, so I went to see if I could mediate. It appears my deciple picked up some poop, this guy had put on the ground. My deciple (following my instructions to look for poop) picked it up when he saw it. The guy went off on my deciple calling him names and cursing him. I asked the guy and he said he put in on the ground for someone else. So I inquired as to whether his trade function wasnt working. Then comes his inane banter and the "lets go fight in the ring" drivel like he thinks he's all that. Man I wish I could meet some of these people IRL and see how anxious he would be to really start some shit with me :boxer: .

I think this incident may have soured my deciple on the game, as he hasnt logged in since it occured.

Just sad that people with annonimity can ruin some others players fun.

Thanks
Az

Ah yes- gotta love ppl like that :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there is no reputation system implemented yet (although it has always been a topic of discussion and perhaps we will one day see it in game). For now, ppl and societies like the one you encountered make their own poor reputation... chances are overwhelmingly in favor of this guy being a jerkoff on a regular basis... so I'm sure any1 that has run into him will recognize this and stay away.

btw- no naming policy here.... you can tell us who it was ;)

I'm not comfortable with putting their name in public. But because several people have misbehaved and one of the common denominators was their Society name, it may just be coincidence. I'd hate to besmurch an entire groups reputation over a couple/several bad apples.

Please rest assured, I've never seen them post here, or least not with this particular soc name associated with them. And because they dont come here and post, it wouldnt be fair for me to name names. It would only be my side of the story.

Thanks
Az

Reactions: Cay
Sweatho*** "Cough"... :p

Yeah, there are some real a-hols in game, as in RL, but a lot more fun people.

With regards to the poop, it was his fault for dropping it if he really did drop it. It's more likely that your disciple saw that is appeared before the other guy could pick it up. Happened to me on a few occasions but i don't go off on one about it.

Personally, a fight over shit like that is just unreal and shows the imaturity of some people in most online games and the amount of crap they give out as a result.

I just hope you see your Disciple again, as that would be a bad thing for any new player to experience, especially if they just wanted to have some fun, and they are not used to that sort of abuse.

I can understand you not wanting to name them in an effort to not condemn the whole soc. However, it's possible that some of their soc. mates may see their names here and take action. In addition, it would help the rest of us to know who they are so that we can avoid similar confrontations. Plus, if necessary, they can be placed on reputable societies KoS lists...hopefully he's not bright enough to stay out of PvP. :sniper:

Ok, I've recieved several PM's and with what has been said here, I've decided to go ahead and mention name of person involved in last event. The Guy's name was Ask of the "POGO fight club". I didnt get his whole name, just displayed name. I belive he is a "Councelor" or some such thing. Most encounters I've had with POGO have been.... unpleasant. From killing sweaters' mobs to this last mentioned event.

Is it just me? or has anyone else had bad experiances with them. And if not, have you had good experiances with them ?

There !....now I feel better LOL

He He how's this for drama :cool:

Az

Last edited:
Good call mate. I've never heard of them before now. But, you can bet we'll be keeping an eye open. Thanks for the info. :)

I use to try to track down the leader of the soc. If he/she is a member of the major forums i Pm them and tell about the incident and ask if that is their societys policy.

Depending the reaction to my PM and action that follows I decide if the soc will be on my shitlist or not. Most often the leaders deal with it and rid the rotten egg...that is my experience.

I think the vast majority of soc leaders want a good name. If not, they usually not last long in PE anyway ;)

Everman said:
I use to try to track down the leader of the soc. If he/she is a member of the major forums i Pm them and tell about the incident and ask if that is their societys policy.

Depending the reaction to my PM and action that follows I decide if the soc will be on my shitlist or not. Most often the leaders deal with it and rid the rotten egg...that is my experience.

I think the vast majority of soc leaders want a good name. If not, they usually not last long in PE anyway ;)

I usually just ignore it. I know there are jerks out there, and just let it go at that. But I feel sorry for my deciple, he seemed to be having fun until that incident. He was proud of having earned ammo peds and buying an axe. But he was confused and upset by his encounter with the guy. He logged off while I was still querying Ask, and havent seen him since. Also, on a side note, I offered to reimberse Ask and all he could do was talk smack. IRL if he would have been close to me, I would have enlightened him on how not to "Write a check his ass couldnt cash"

But I will look up the leader and inform him.

Thanks
Az

Last edited:
a soc with a bad rep? uhm.... Menace to Society.

just kidding.

My soc doesnt have a bad rep, we just got a rep.

:D

Its not what your reputation is, as long as you have one :wise:

Yeah, if you can't be famous, be imfamous.... at least everyone knows you... :)

i say condemn the whole soc! POGO are assholes (thats what i experienced) :dunce:

I think the name of the soc says quite a lot.

Azrael said:
It appears my deciple picked up some poop, this guy had put on the ground. My deciple (following my instructions to look for poop) picked it up when he saw it.

I hesitated a bit before posting this, but here it goes.

I met this person in PA yesterday and bought some dung of him. It was a considerable stack. However I can't imagine why he should have a reason to drop some on the ground. I would'nt hold it agains anyone who thought this dung was free to pick up and therefor did just that :)

I'm just curious to what amount youre diciple picket up? If it was unusually big it might lead to suspect that Axe was in fact correct.

Just thought I would share this, but as I didn't vitnes the event I'm realy in no position to judge here.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, a misunderstanding (if it indeed was) is no excuse to behave like you told us Axe did, so even if he was not lying he still behaved badly.

Last edited:
I think it can be dangerous to report societies here. It depends always WHO is reporting a bad behavior. So if a well known person (e.g. MB or UB or DD or..) reports something than the community can trust the reports more as when a totally unknown person points with the finger at others. What is when bad socs point at good socs.

It is a complicated situation. Who is the moral institution in game? Which truth is really the truth ? Publish other societies and give them a bad reputation can lead to a propaganda war inside PE and their forums. I do not believe that this situation is wanted. On the other side, especially newbies, should be well informed who is trustable and who not. The veterans can help themselves mostly - I hope.

Each nation has good and bad inhabitants but do we judge the nation for their people ? We maybe have prejudices but why do we have them ?

There where a lot of disussions about reputation system and a "ingame-police" but who will controll them ? How is the controller controlled ?

Myself got only one time in a situation were another player thought I would drag mobs on him because I was interested in his skilling-flies. He used rude language and was not willing to accept my arguments. After a while I ignored him and changed location. Ofc this was a very "tiny" problem. In other cases I would prefer Evermans way and talk to the leader of the soc and then decide what to do.

The more player attend PE the more the full bandwidth of possible human personalities will be online too. Thats a statistical fact. It will be always a dream that in PE play only honest people.

I'm just curious to what amount youre diciple picket up? If it was unusually big it might lead to suspect that Axe was in fact correct.

How much is an unusually big amount of dung? I found 89 dung yesterday in the middle of a field. Is that unusually big? :rolleyes:

The one who finds - keeps! If the guy was giving the dung to someone else, he should trade instead. If other unaware ppl are around, its obviously they will take the items dropped on ground. I would, if no one told me anything else before ... Thats just natural behaviour!

:saint:

I can say with experience that 1 person can ruin a game for you. I was playing Dark Age of ****** (hope this meets the no other RPG thing) and was trying to take an enemy tower. The guy leading was being a complete moron in his tactics and was lower level than me (i was lvl 24 at the time). I made a couple suggestions and he starting yelling profanities at me telling me to f off and what not.

I never logged on again. I know its stupid. But that moment just turned me off to the game right away. On topic, i hope your diciple decides to give it another shot. But my guess would be he is done with it thanks to these a holes.

SttM will keep an eye out for these people and see how they treat others. People like that just make me sick. Without new players to the game there is no game, or we the depositers pay for EVERYTHING. Just annoying when people dont treat noobs with respect.

Suicide

DarkAngel...... it was 10 units of dung. I currently have stored up 1065 units of it, so it wasnt that important. As I said , I offered to reimberse the guy, but he thought it was better to talk his smack, rather than resolve the incident like mature people.

Oije.....I'm not well known I guess, but I think my reputation speaks for itself in the way I have behaved thus far in this "Virtual Universe". But that is also why I was hesitant to name names. I'm basicly a solo player, so opinons of me dont affect my play much. But as in RL, I conduct myself with honor.

Thanks
Az

Azrael said:
Is there anywhere to look up societies with bad reputations ?

I know you can't look it up... but I belive, correct me if I'm wrong, if you are already IN another society, you can set an affiliation with another Soc.

I've never done it, but I know I've seen it in there. It's a smliey that's defaulted to neutral. I think the only settings being bad, neutral, and good...

~Maz

Azrael said:
Oije.....I'm not well known I guess, but I think my reputation speaks for itself in the way I have behaved thus far in this "Virtual Universe". But that is also why I was hesitant to name names. I'm basicly a solo player, so opinons of me dont affect my play much. But as in RL, I conduct myself with honor.

It was not meant as a offence against you or anybody else. I just tried to work out some points in a critical manner generally. Every controlling system punish the honest people too - this is what I have learned in RL.

When players wanna have special things which should protect us against whatever then think always at the situation what happens when the systems start to work against us all ...

Oije said:
It was not meant as a offence against you or anybody else. I just tried to work out some points in a critical manner generally. Every controlling system punish the honest people too - this is what I have learned in RL.

When players wanna have special things which should protect us against whatever then think always at the situation what happens when the systems start to work against us all ...

I was not offended, just stating my play style :) I was really just looking for a place that had a reputation rating for societies much like the rep here. As I mentioned, it may have been just my experiences, and to be honest, my opinion of them may have been skewed by my first interactions with them. But if there had been a reputation thing, then I would have known whether it was just me.

I do not advocate any controlling functions, because as you said, the innocent would suffer as much if not more from it. But a reporting place would be like a road sign, you know what to expect and can act accordingly.

Thanks
Az

I have an idea, i know it would be not too complicated to implement using vbulletin cpadmin as a poll feature or as reputation feature (soc names as dummy users):

"society poll"

registered users can vote
society member cant vote for her own soc.
registered members without soc field or freelancer in profile cant vote
votes/reps for same soc allowed once per month

or it can be a stand along script on PERC for example.

I think it could be very useful for anyone from new players - to check out which soc to apply to and to "old" players for whatever reason...

i actually know a perfect script ( to do a stand along website on this topic with rating, comment, description, vote, gallery systems etc. it costs $30 but i have a spare licence.
if anyone interested PM me (i can also help to configure it ant host it if needed, just cant comit to make the site myself - i have my own bus meaning my time free dont belong to me :dunce: ...)

Oije said:
I think it can be dangerous to report societies here. It depends always WHO is reporting a bad behavior. So if a well known person (e.g. MB or UB or DD or..) reports something than the community can trust the reports more as when a totally unknown person points with the finger at others. What is when bad socs point at good socs.

Good point - but I think at least we, here on EF, tend to self-police rather well. We know each other & have a good idea what we're about. People who tend to cause trouble don't generally last long.

lykke said:
The one who finds - keeps! If the guy was giving the dung to someone else, he should trade instead. If other unaware ppl are around, its obviously they will take the items dropped on ground. I would, if no one told me anything else before ... Thats just natural behaviour!

I have, on occasion, left items in relatively isolated places for someone else to pick up. We both fully realize that someone else may come along & pick it up in the meantime. Hazard of the game - really, would you do that IRL?

Suicide said:
I was playing Dark Age of ****** (hope this meets the no other RPG thing)

Sure does for me :) ! The only other MMORPG I know is the one Ultimababe obviously plays ;)

Aside to MB - is this ANY other RPG, including that granddaddy of them all published by TheySueRegularly? You know, the one about underground passages wherein prisoners are kept & flying, fire-breathing, reptilian creatures?

(Ok - smartass off now, as much as possible)

Azrael said:
I'm not well known I guess, but I think my reputation speaks for itself in the way I have behaved thus far in this "Virtual Universe". But that is also why I was hesitant to name names. I'm basicly a solo player, so opinons of me dont affect my play much. But as in RL, I conduct myself with honor.

Well known enough to me - mainly in-game, I'd say. To me, the fact that you chose to say "I conduct myself with honor" is meaningful - too many people have forgotten what honor is...

fresco said:
I have an idea, i know it would be not too complicated to implement using vbulletin cpadmin as a poll feature or as reputation feature (soc names as dummy users):

Maybe I'll add it to my next website as a project :) Perhaps something like the Amazon or Ebay rating system - totally peer-based.

Or maybe even like the rep system here - where the rep of the voter/voters soc affects the rep of the recipient, so soc's with better rep GIVE better rep.

Hmm - sounds like an interesting project :)

Lykke said:
How much is an unusually big amount of dung? I found 89 dung yesterday in the middle of a field. Is that unusually big? :rolleyes:

No I would'nt consider that an unusally big amount. And seeing that the amount in question was 10 units, it should be a "normal" amount to be expected to spawn.

Lykke said:
The one who finds - keeps!

I DID say I wouldn't hold it against anyone to pick it up no matter what. I was just curious.

I was hesitant to post my thoughts, but I did, so I guess I'll just take any criticism that comes my way ;)

fresco said:

"society poll"

registered users can vote
society member cant vote for her own soc.
registered members without soc field or freelancer in profile cant vote
votes/reps for same soc allowed once per month

or it can be a stand along script on PERC for example.

I think it could be very useful for anyone from new players - to check out which soc to apply to and to "old" players for whatever reason...

i actually know a perfect script ( to do a stand along website on this topic with rating, comment, description, vote, gallery systems etc. it costs $30 but i have a spare licence.
if anyone interested PM me (i can also help to configure it ant host it if needed, just cant comit to make the site myself - i have my own bus meaning my time free dont belong to me :dunce: ...)

Alright, I didn't read the whole thread. But this is my opinion on creating a website, or a thread or anything like that in order to give out reputations to certain societies.

Well, one bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten. I don't think anyone has the right to give a certain society a bad or good reputation.

There could be a couple of rotten people within a society, and those persons aren't worthy to have such a good reputation. But just because one or two, maybe even five people in a society have a bad reputation doesn't mean the whole society is bad.

The reason why the good people are sticking around in the society could be because they are either friends with the rest of the society or just not ready to find a new one. I think that reputation should be given invidually, and should never affect a whole group. Unless the whole group does something bad ofcourse.

There could be several reasons why you would give a society a bad reputation, I'm not saying that just you are out sweating now, but say that you were sweating a trapped creature. (And, yes, it's possible to trap some creatures.) Anyway, and there comes a hunter and kills it because he doesn't think trapping is right. I think almost anyone who was there sweating would get really mad at him and perhaps logon to the homepage and give the whole society a bad reputation.

Alot of societies would get a bad reputation due to this sorts of issues, issues when one society member is involved. And not the whole society.

Reactions: Cay
I have, on occasion, left items in relatively isolated places for someone else to pick up. We both fully realize that someone else may come along & pick it up in the meantime. Hazard of the game - really, would you do that IRL?

This is a game - were many ppl (especially myself and n00bs haha) are poor. The existence depends on the money u can get. Because u leave some items in "hidden" places, it doesnt mean that ppl know its because u have an agreement with another person, to pick it up later on. So to leave things is gambling ... and I wouldnt do that in RL either. But some ppl likes to gamble, and for my consern its ok - as long they are aware of the risks, and dont blame other ppl afterwards.

If I on the other hand found a purse on street in RL - I would always (not to sound holy :saint: ) give it to the owner or police - because i know how awfull it is to loose some private things. But this is not possible of course in PE - so u cant really compare the two worlds :rolleyes: In PE u dont go "loose" or "drop" things unless its on purpose!

Well known enough to me - mainly in-game, I'd say. To me, the fact that you chose to say "I conduct myself with honor" is meaningful - too many people have forgotten what honor is...

I totally agree ... Men (Woman) of honour seems to be rare in RL - but again, personal I am lucky to have met a lot of real nice ppl of honour in PE :D - And everytime it really surprices me in positive ways ... Thanks for that!

Shade said:
Sure does for me :) ! The only other MMORPG I know is the one Ultimababe obviously plays ;)

Stoppit! :laugh:
(here I go again :silly2: ).... I have not ever and probably will never play/ed Ultima Online hehe..

My nick is about 5 years old now and comes from playing Final Fantasy 7 & 8.. where my preferred magic attack was one called 'Ultima' (which blew the socks off the baddies with a nice screaming/screeching noise ).

So ultima is from Final Fantasy and babe is from the trend in net chicas 5 years ago.. (it was cool to have babe at the end of yer nick :tongue2: )

Since then it just stuck ... [/nick_explanation]
--------------------------

[on_topic]
--
I think it's absolutely wild for someone to go nuts over a steaming pile of shit :rolleyes:

If you drop it on the ground in a public area then it's your own fault if someone picks it up.

if your trade doesnt work then file a support case after a relog doesnt work. Drop trades are utter lunacy and doing it in public is even nuttier

Ive had bad experiences with DASK...
Repulsive. Cursing at me in polish. I hired an iterpretor noob for 10ped :p
4 ppl from DASK stalked me, and sabotaged my movement.

Back