Societies with bad reputations ?

i have to fully agree with recoda.

as long as you didnt talk to a soc leader there is no point in naming a soc at all.

also the definition of honor can be very subjective.

Personally, if i was to come across anything left on the floor, absolutly anything, i would pick it up. I'm a n00b, therefore i have a severe lack of funds, so in order to make money you need things to sell.

Putting things on the floor, expecially if there are other players around is lunacy, you wouldn't catch me doing it. (that might have something to do with me having no idea how to drop things to start off with though)

As for the idea about negative and bad reps for socs, i'm torn on this one. It would be good to have a guide as to which socs are more trustworthy than others, but then again there may be good, honest people in those socs that have a bad rep.

Anyway thats my thoughts on the matter.

Recoda said:
Alright, I didn't read the whole thread. But this is my opinion on creating a website, or a thread or anything like that in order to give out reputations to certain societies.

Well, one bad apple doesn't mean the whole barrel is rotten. I don't think anyone has the right to give a certain society a bad or good reputation.

There could be a couple of rotten people within a society, and those persons aren't worthy to have such a good reputation. But just because one or two, maybe even five people in a society have a bad reputation doesn't mean the whole society is bad.

The reason why the good people are sticking around in the society could be because they are either friends with the rest of the society or just not ready to find a new one. I think that reputation should be given invidually, and should never affect a whole group. Unless the whole group does something bad ofcourse.

There could be several reasons why you would give a society a bad reputation, I'm not saying that just you are out sweating now, but say that you were sweating a trapped creature. (And, yes, it's possible to trap some creatures.) Anyway, and there comes a hunter and kills it because he doesn't think trapping is right. I think almost anyone who was there sweating would get really mad at him and perhaps logon to the homepage and give the whole society a bad reputation.

Alot of societies would get a bad reputation due to this sorts of issues, issues when one society member is involved. And not the whole society.

well 2 things

1. "Tell me who your friend is and I will tell who you are" - old proverb, i believe

2. Here is where old players can be very helpfull - see bad rep on a soc that you know is a good one - give them a good rep to balance the bad out!

I do believe that the group of people is responcible for their members whole and individually. One of the reasons that some soc have "bad" members despite peoples complains is - how would anyone tell the leader about the incident if there is no way to "leave a message"? not everyone is friquent on this forum... ;)

Personally am also torn on the whole SOC rep thing, recently our own SOC had a "Bad" apple that disrupted/affected a tournament held by the "Other" official Forum (Not sure If I can name it?), as a result we had bad messages displayed all over the board just because of one member out of 70+.

For Noobs my advice would be too take a look at the top 50 skilled SOCs in the terminal first, these are the players who have bought/earned thier way into the top ranks of all Socs and thus in my eyes have a "Reputation" of sticking with and putting up with what can be a difficult game.

Many of the Socs in the 20-50 top skilled have a large amount of numbers and also will happily expect more, those in the top 20 are usually a tight nit bunch of friends who sometimes will accept new members.

Not sure if others agree or not, but thats just my 2 pecs :wise:

Banger said:
For Noobs my advice would be too take a look at the top 50 skilled SOCs in the terminal first, these are the players who have bought/earned thier way into the top ranks of all Socs and thus in my eyes have a "Reputation" of sticking with and putting up with what can be a difficult game.
:

Sry but I respectfully disagree. Whenever I see ppl saying that they think reputation is based upon measurable things irl or in game (such as rank in game, education irl, monetary value in game or irl), I take a deep breath and try to explain my perspective.
I do not think reputation has an ounce to do with money or rank, etc. My entire life perspective tells me that ppl can be equally as trustworthy, honorable and friendly if they lack money and skills (or education irl) as those that posess those attributes... and sometimes they are even moreso ;)

Reputation all doils down to peronality, like svet said notthing to do with skill / cash nor can reputation be measured by single observation just because someone is dose something good / bad one time dosent neecarly mean they are good / bad person (iam not refuring to the case in this thread but in general) it takes time to build up or destroy a reputation.

ultimababe said:
Stoppit! :laugh:
(here I go again :silly2: ).... I have not ever and probably will never play/ed Ultima Online hehe..

Sorry - I actually thought I remembered you talking about it once. Maybe it was exactly what you just said that i was remembering...

Svetlana said:
...I do not think reputation has an ounce to do with money or rank, etc. My entire life perspective tells me that ppl can be equally as trustworthy, honorable and friendly if they lack money and skills (or education irl) as those that posess those attributes... and sometimes they are even moreso ;)

I totally agree with Svetlana on this one. Sometimes the poorest in moneys and skills can be the nicest people and therefore have a good reputation. As a matter of fact, I have found that (and in not all cases. There are exceptions) most rich people in game and IRL for that matter, can be rather snobby and stuck up.

From my own experiences, I can say these things. I used to volunteer at a shelter for homeless people. 99% of the people that came through the door were very poor and probably 80% of them lacked any kind of real job skills so they could find work, but yet they were trustworthy and honorable and friendly and had a very good reputation in my eyes.

The rep of one KotBR member reflects on all members, therefore, 1 acts stupid, he/she either has a choice to leave with respect (cough*Beo*cough) or they walk the freakin` plank! :wise:

Svetlana said:
Sry but I respectfully disagree. Whenever I see ppl saying that they think reputation is based upon measurable things irl or in game (such as rank in game, education irl, monetary value in game or irl), I take a deep breath and try to explain my perspective.
I do not think reputation has an ounce to do with money or rank, etc. My entire life perspective tells me that ppl can be equally as trustworthy, honorable and friendly if they lack money and skills (or education irl) as those that posess those attributes... and sometimes they are even moreso ;)

Tru Dat Svet!!!!

Rep is just that......REP! ;)

i only killed the ones attacking me that cant be a crime :) help alot of people in the game but no one ever seem 2 be writting about that :laugh:

Ask Landrup said:
i only killed the ones attacking me that cant be a crime :) help alot of people in the game but no one ever seem 2 be writting about that :laugh:

I wasnt talking about you killing anyone one, I was talking about you "Brow Beating" my deciple in PA. He was new, didnt understand why you were cursing at him. When I tried to talk to you, you talk your bullshit, and kept saying lets go to the ring. Doesnt sound like helping to me. I tried to reason with you and offered to reimberse the 10 units of dung in question, but you preferred to continue with your current course of abuse.

Az

Azrael said:
I wasnt talking about you killing anyone one, I was talking about you "Brow Beating" my deciple in PA. He was new, didnt understand why you were cursing at him. When I tried to talk to you, you talk your bullshit, and kept saying lets go to the ring. Doesnt sound like helping to me. I tried to reason with you and offered to reimberse the 10 units of dung in question, but you preferred to continue with your current course of abuse.

Az

How about renting a room and explore your relationship there instead of posting it here ;)

Knuckles said:
How about renting a room and explore your relationship there instead of posting it here ;)

I felt he needed a response because this is first time he posted in this thread.

Back