New TOU?

IvoL

Dominant
Society
Natural Born Killers
Peregrine IvoL Falcon
Anyone else got this?

Update Notice
Over the next several months, with the assistance of Delphi Law, MindArk will be revising various sections of the Entropia Universe End-User License Agreement (EULA) and Terms of Use (TOU) to ensure that our and our customers’ rights are protected and that MindArk is compliant with current and upcoming European Union accounting, consumer rights and privacy requirements.

The first of these updates will be implemented on Nov. 1, 2016 and deals with the Entropia Universe Terms of Use, Section 5: Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination.

As received from no-reply@entropiauniverse.com about 15 mins ago.

Last edited:
Yup. I can understand announcing events and not given specific details to build suspense, but there's really no need for suspense regarding the Terms of Use. I even thought part of the message must be missing at first.

Yup. I can understand announcing events and not given specific details to build suspense, but there's really no need for suspense regarding the Terms of Use. I even thought part of the message must be missing at first.

Well, when an event that gives out maybe 15 to 20k usd of gear and ped in UA doesn't excite people.. maybe they are thinking tou suspense will get the juices flowing. :p

Lol it's just compliance and regulations work on their business-consumer relationship. the EU comes out with new terms every now and then.. businesses have a responsibility to hire legal counsel to ensure their conditions are compliant.

Really just an annual/bi-annual review I'm sure.

Well, when an event that gives out maybe 15 to 20k usd of gear and ped in UA doesn't excite people.. maybe they are thinking tou suspense will get the juices flowing. :p

I've been saving my Trout(L) for just such an occasion... come here so I can slap you with it! :trout:

Probably decreasing the period until the wipe for inactivity from 750 days to 7, to add a thrill.

Not quite spot on, but still there nonetheless. :laugh:

Old TOU For Section 5

5.3. Terminated Account In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

5.4. Inactivated Account

You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed Inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of three hundred (300) consecutive days.

You further acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be Terminated if it is not used for a period of seven hundred and fifty (750) consecutive days (i.e., 450 days after Your Account has been deemed Inactive).

You hereby explicitly consent that after the period of 750 days of inactivity Your Entropia Universe Account is deemed to have been abandoned by You. You also agree to assign MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner all rights in Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account according to the procedures established in this paragraph 5. You hereby discharge MindArk, any of MindArk's Partners and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses to You arising out of, or relating to, Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account.

New TOU For Section 5 (The Changes)

5.3. Inactivated Account
You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of ninety (90) consecutive days.

5.4. Terminated Account
You acknowledge and agree that your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed to have been abandoned by You and consequently automatically Terminated if it has not been accessed for a period of three hundred and sixty-five (365) consecutive days (i.e. 275 days after an account becomes inactive as described in section 5.3 above).

You also agree to assign MindArk and/or MindArk's Partners all rights in Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account according to the procedures established in this paragraph 5. You hereby discharge MindArk, any of MindArk's Partners and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses to You arising out of, or relating to, Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account.

In the event that Your Account is Terminated and if applicable, no refund will be granted except for the balance on Your PED Card and the TT value of the objects on the Account, as set out above. Any delinquent or unresolved issues relating to former participation in the Entropia Universe must be resolved before MindArk will permit You to register a new Account.

Thanks. So basically, people who like to go on breaks/vacations will face the danger of account termination. Whether you have 600k PED in your account or 5 PEC, it doesn't matter, it will all belong to MA after 365 consecutive days of inactivity. Such vultures!

Not quite spot on, but still there nonetheless. :laugh:

Old TOU For Section 5

New TOU For Section 5 (The Changes)

Hmmm, 90 days and your account is inactivated. I assume as long as you can open it immediately before the 365 days.
The important point is for players who have been inactive 366 days today. As per TOU when they joined, they should still technically fall under the 750 day rule. They would have to be notified by email and mail of impending closure of account and loss of assets.

I know quite a few players who are off for over 100 days and come back.

Ludwig|MindArk - can you clarify these changes for the community.

Thanks. So basically, people who like to go on breaks/vacations will face the danger of account termination. Whether you have 600k PED in your account or 5 PEC, it doesn't matter, it will all belong to MA after 365 consecutive days of inactivity. Such vultures!

No, it does say they are responsible to pay the balance of your card and tt value of the items purged. Very last paragraph, mr. Canasian.

...... to ensure that our and our customers’ rights are protected and that MindArk is compliant with current and upcoming European Union accounting, consumer rights .....

So, better support? Or is that more of SSDD with support ignoring stuff for months at a time(unless it is an issue related to deposits, in which case it's fast response)?

Some support cases take longer to respond than both the new and old inactivity periods taken together. Does this entitle us to terminate MindArk's accounts and liquidate their asse(t)s? Yea, I know where this logic doesn't work. Just jaded.

Okay. Assets on sleeping accounts are a liability on the balance and getting rid of them earlier improves company results. Nobody as a customer be under the illusion that any such relationship is symmetric and that your "investment" has any value independent of someone else's mutable decision. Money itself doesn't have that property (fiat money, that is).

This is just like when MA stole my imk2 and shadow/angel pieces 2004 by adding a rule I never saw in writing. It should apply to any account who agrees to the TOU by clicking that they do.

This will be merry hell if people go away half a year and return to an empty account.

It's faster to have your account cleaned automatically than extracting cash or get a support action.

Changes to EULa

Via email. Hopefully not posted already.

Over the next several months, with the assistance of Delphi Law, MindArk will be revising various sections of the Entropia Universe End-User License Agreement (EULA) and Terms of Use (TOU) to ensure that our and our customers’ rights are protected and that MindArk is compliant with current and upcoming European Union accounting, consumer rights and privacy requirements.

The first of these updates will be implemented on Nov. 1, 2016 and deals with the Entropia Universe Terms of Use, Section 5: Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination.

Yum Yum. More new items to come... No Wonder we see 2 mod faps for sale already :silly2:

Ok, two negatives one positive...

+ It will help clean up the database of people who have many defunct, worthless items quicker but...

- If they wanted to do this, then they should have actively enforced the old 750 day rule. I had 2 alts which still had items on them (just the basic stuff and some TT gear, but still) and my own account has been inactive for longer periods than this before... never lost a thing.

- A year? It's such a short amount of time for those people who take extended breaks for reason X, Y, Z.

I would prefer if they allowed a "premium" account feature where you pay a small yearly subscription (say, $25) to forgo ever going inactive (as long as the payments are made) etc.

Honestly...

This is a godsend of all of the neglected LAs and shops that are owned by players who may not even have EU installed on a PC anymore.

IMO it's not that hard to just log onto EU once a year...

If you were to take a break longer than the extended period, I'm sure a support case to MA regarding said break would keep your account from termination.

Honestly...

This is a godsend of all of the neglected LAs and shops that are owned by players who may not even have EU installed on a PC anymore.

IMO it's not that hard to just log onto EU once a year...

If you were to take a break longer than the extended period, I'm sure a support case to MA regarding said break would keep your account from termination.

Only problem is those that have been gone and not checking email realized they went from having 2 years to go to having all their stuff confiscated. I would be very pissed.

I haven't gone through all the details but at the moment my understanding is that the new EU "data protection" directive will, at some point in near future, require them to obtain a new wording of our consent to have our names on file, and if they can't obtain that, they'll have no choice but to delete them.

Unintended consequences, at their best.

Only problem is those that have been gone and not checking email realized they went from having 2 years to go to having all their stuff confiscated. I would be very pissed.

Yeah MA needs to make a better effort to contact such players.. either by physical letter or a phone call. Not too difficult provided the players have provided such information.

Still, if you're going to be gone for a long time, just send MA a message.

From a legal standpoint.. what strange is how the rule will affect players who haven't logged in since the updated ToU

Technically... the players who haven't logged on cannot assent/agree to the new ToU.. It would also be illegal to enforce the new ToU provisions to those players. but I don't know how different the ToU is now compared to what it used to be...

They can't enact new rules, and then retroactively apply those rules to players that have not logged on and thus have not assented..

It's also illegal to create a contract with terms that are entirely subject to change without mutual assent of both parties..

So really.. if we're following US law here, the new ToU mean nothing to existing inactive accounts. Maybe it's a proactive measure to prevent the inactive stockpiles we have now. Idk how comparable European Union contract law is to US law.. but I imagine it's pretty similar.

I smell fish.

but most likely this
I haven't gone through all the details but at the moment my understanding is that the new EU "data protection" directive will, at some point in near future, require them to obtain a new wording of our consent to have our names on file, and if they can't obtain that, they'll have no choice but to delete them.

Yup, plus the mail didn't state they had a year less and may not ne aware they need to contact support to have their accounts locked safely while leaving a longer period of time.

'We're changing stuff' is a tad vague :laugh:

First of all, I did not received such e-mail...

Second, if I do not log and agree to new EULA, then am I legally covered by old one or they can steal my items anyway using new periods?

I have always wondered if logging into the entropiauniverse.com site is considered logging into account , or does it have to be starting the game itself?

Hold up, if everything is purged and I get the TT value... Does that mean I get the TT value from my Neuro Y pills?

:ahh:

Hold up, if everything is purged and I get the TT value... Does that mean I get the TT value from my Neuro Y pills?

:ahh:

I think this was always the case for acount bound items. It was mentioned in some bound armor thread.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, what's our so called elected "President of the virtual Reality" got to say about this?

LOL!!!!

I laugh at my own humour.

Rick

Back