New TOU?

I lost my first ava - made in 2003, moved somewhere that (back then) had hopeless net connection. Had nothing of value tho, so no monetary loss.
This time around - if all items can be liquidated into TT value after only 90 days - I'l be worse off...

I do wonder, consumer rights vary a lot. Someone from, say, the USA, might have certain rights and protections that goes beyond the TOA (as in it may be all well within Sweden/European Union but other rights may apply for international customers). By accepting that someone as a paying customer, there may be legal tangles ahead - just thinking.

If there's a positive about liquidation it is what has already been mentioned; some people have quit and have tons of stuff in storage that ideally should be dropped into the loot pool.

On the downside - Real World Economy; is it a form of theft if absent Entropans have all their things TT'd?

I have previously advocated that a form of "insurance" should be available, maybe like pay XXX PED to make an account lifetime (or 10 years, 20 years, something). Server space is obviously dead cheap, so it would be revenue for MA, almost all of it.

I'm a bit of a collector myself, loads of stuff stored away. And yet nothing compared to many others. We see less Items in loot these days compared to earlier years (especially Unl). Perhaps a reason for this is hoarding? But I hope there is a better solution - if this actually is a problem - than liquidating into TT peoples stuff...

oh well...

Maybe MA should place their "legal" headquarter somewhere outside the European Union to be free from some rules (and perhaps taxes)?

cheers, John Blue

Just to throw a spanner in the works, what's our so called elected "President of the virtual Reality" got to say about this?

LOL!!!!

I laugh at my own humour.

Rick

LOL yeah, but seriously what happened with this president thing? I mean I understand that it was a blatant marketing thing for mindark and neverdie, but it should still generate something for us players? Did anyone even get their box that was promised? :laugh:

Anyway on the topic, I know that we agree to the EULA, but sometimes I wonder if some of the paragraphs is against consumer laws in different countries. Especially many of the new investment items such as cld could be seen as financial instruments. Is it really legal for mindark to liquidate an account with these type of items, even if they exist in a virtuell enviroment? :scratch2:

I lost my first ava - made in 2003, moved somewhere that (back then) had hopeless net connection. Had nothing of value tho, so no monetary loss.
This time around - if all items can be liquidated into TT value after only 90 days - I'l be worse off...

All stuff from 2002-3 was what went for me and it was some parts angel and shadow and an imk2 with that bugged laser sight that didn't decay.

The TOU is in place no matter if you accept it or not.
"This is the new rule and those away will simply have to accept that."
Not an entirely new concept to game services.

Now we have one year instead of two. I can see this being an issue for anyone who went on an extended leave and who left a year ago up to last week.

It's still a year.

It's after 365 days, have you actually read the ToU?

Ye but messed it up - not my first time - 365 is more reasonable vs TT'ing all...

It use to be enough login in on the account on the website, and during 365 days you would think anyone would gotten a chance doing that atleast :silly2:

Its MA jump on our money. In fact more accounts than usual will be annually deleted. Storing that data is not any big cost for MA.
They want eliminate lot of MU from players assets, also get rid of some legacy items. That way changes to new economy model or changes in in-game mechanics can be more rapidly.

Also case is that if anyone is tired of EU then break is usualy longer than a year ( time of lerning and mastering other MMO game )
I guess such person will be never back again when it gets solid skilled avatar deleted.

Ma no longer care if they can say "1 million accounts", soon they will counting them in thousands.

Also if that change pass without players resistance it opens doors to similar changes in future with shorter periods.

If you dont like this stupid idea do small thing tham may matter....fill support case that you are against this BS

Short and sweet version:

It's not good if you die or something serious happens to you (Everyone thinks it wont happen to them and unfortunately sometimes it does :( )

I want MA to be able to purge items on obviously 'dead' accounts but my definition of a dead account is 3 years not 1 year.

If you haven't logged in 365 x 3 days then it's over. Mod Fap / LA / CLD whatever.

I said it was short, I find that is the best way to make sure it is read.

I hope all parties would consider it reasonable and make that the TOU, especially as we have to click it to enter the game.

If there's a positive about liquidation it is what has already been mentioned; some people have quit and have tons of stuff in storage that ideally should be dropped into the loot pool.

Just read on another planets forum that they are gonna start monthly renting of booths instead of selling the deeds... with some sorta quota on sales... don't make x amount of sales and you lose the booth to next in line... suspect that sorta thing and this sorta thing go hand in hand. Bring us millions. Max out your cc and get the hell outta here in 90 days if u aren't paying us something daily???
Loot pool? NOPE. Why do you think they created the liquidation avatar and process? This has probably been the goal for a few years...

Last edited:
Yes I got the TOU email after 1 week I opened support case about that I need a new card reader as I can't log in.

My Gold card reader throwing constantly "error 72"(batteries) is one month now since I sent support ticket I opened a 4th support case.

I can't log in and account inactivity.... hmmm They wait for 365 account inactivity now?

Yes I got the TOU email after 1 week I opened support case about that I need a new card reader as I can't log in.

My Gold card reader throwing constantly "error 72"(batteries) is one month now since I sent support ticket I opened a 4th support case.

I can't log in and account inactivity.... hmmm They wait for 365 account inactivity now?

Rather than waiting for "support", I'ld rather you try this instead.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?88274-GoldCard-Reader-101

:lolup:

On a related note.. slippery slopes started... http://cyreneforum.com/threads/developer-insights-booths.7439/soon ul items won't exist. All will be rented or L.

What are you actually on about? Cyrene have come up with a very, very good solution to the plague of empty shop booths scattered all over EU. Go to CP? Dead, empty shops. Go to a mall? Dead, empty shops or ones filled with a few horrendously priced (L) crap.

Cyrenes solution here is elegant in that it ensures a temporary window for shop ownership - unless the player actively retains the shop, in which it infers that the player will use the shop.

To combine the thought of "rented" shop ownership and saying that "all items will be (L) or rented" is a massive, massive fucking stretch and actually downright slanderous.

Reactions: San
What are you actually on about? Cyrene have come up with a very, very good solution to the plague of empty shop booths scattered all over EU. Go to CP? Dead, empty shops. Go to a mall? Dead, empty shops or ones filled with a few horrendously priced (L) crap.

Cyrenes solution here is elegant in that it ensures a temporary window for shop ownership - unless the player actively retains the shop, in which it infers that the player will use the shop.

To combine the thought of "rented" shop ownership and saying that "all items will be (L) or rented" is a massive, massive fucking stretch and actually downright slanderous.

It read it too and it didn't imply any 'ownership' at all, they did suggest they're considering allowing use of 'their' shops/booths under PP control. Then will allow continued access and use of the shop, if they considered the user/player worthy of continued use.

If it's not owned then maybe it's 'lent', or leased or rented. I didn't read any clear definition of the PP's proposals on how they intend to lend those shops or at what cost to the user.

Yet it will be the first item in game that I've heard of that will be lent to players, so if they lend one item, then they could or might extend this to other items. How far will the rabbit hole go?

Maybe you might be able to "rent" an LA in future.

You need to take chill pill, you're so aggressive. Sex is good, lots of sex and a mug of tea, maybe even a beer.

Rick

It read it too and it didn't imply any 'ownership' at all, they did suggest they're considering allowing use of 'their' shops/booths under PP control. Then will allow continued access and use of the shop, if they considered the user/player worthy of continued use.

If it's not owned then maybe it's 'lent', or leased or rented. I didn't read any clear definition of the PP's proposals on how they intend to lend those shops or at what cost to the user.

Yet it will be the first item in game that I've heard of that will be lent to players, so if they lend one item, then they could or might extend this to other items. How far will the rabbit hole go?

You need to take chill pill, you're so aggressive. Sex is good, lots of sex and a mug of tea, maybe even a beer.

Rick

I like the ideas for the reason Aio stated, They have given ideas on how the terms of getting the booths and player responses to each idea. Regarding renting LA's, it's kinda there already with Land Grab. The winner borrows the land by winning

Rick

Don't use the words leased or rent or some players stop reading and jump to the wrong conclusion. :(

I like the ideas for the reason Aio stated, They have given ideas on how the terms of getting the booths and player responses to each idea. Regarding renting LA's, it's kinda there already with Land Grab. The winner borrows the land by winning

Sure choice is good.
Ultimately if it works, people like it and use it, then all is good.

Don't use the words leased or rent or some players stop reading and jump to the wrong conclusion. :(

It will interesting how they will decide who is worthy to begin selling from these booths.
My mind goes into overdrive with regulated items, or more to the point using a item where another party has an interest in it and control of it.
What if they don't like the markup prices, used from their booths.

Maybe the real issue is the foot-fall is so poor, it's easier to blame existing shops than the planet management :)

Anyway I'm off topic. I'm out.:)

Back