Notice regarding ToU changes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Over the next several months, with the assistance of Delphi Law, MindArk will be revising various sections of the Entropia Universe End-User License Agreement (EULA) and Terms of Use (TOU) to ensure that our and our customers’ rights are protected and that MindArk is compliant with current and upcoming European Union accounting, consumer rights and privacy requirements.

The first of these updates will be implemented on Nov. 1, 2016 and deals with the Entropia Universe Terms of Use, Section 5: Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination.

The changes which were committed at this date are the following:

5.3. Inactivated Account

You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of ninety (90) consecutive days.

5.4. Terminated Account

You acknowledge and agree that your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed to have been abandoned by You and consequently automatically Terminated if it has not been accessed for a period of three hundred and sixty-five (365) consecutive days (i.e. 275 days after an account becomes inactive as described in section 5.3 above).

There will me more changes based on regulatory changes, coming out during 2017 which we will notify you of when they occur.

Originally Posted Here

Seriously?

"...if it has not been logged into.."

I think Axe watned to ask: "what consequences are for account to become inactive?"

Falagor
:bandit:

What inactive means :scratch2:

Not entirely the same but the closest thing to action being taken by MA related to an inactive account was this :

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/account-issues/account-maintenance/

Can I put my Entropia Universe account on hold?

If you want to lock your Entropia Universe account temporarily, you can contact Entropia Support. We will then lock your account for a time period of maximum 750 days. If you do not activate your account within this time period, your account will be automatically terminated. After the account has been terminated, it can no longer be activated. Please read more about our account inactivity policy in the End User License Agreement (EULA).

You all at MA need to be much more clear about this one as many folks often vacate the platform for long duration's before returning.

So just a Status or an Status that brings about an Action or Consequence MA ???

It's just an status change, no further consequences.

1. 90 days without login -> MA considers your account is inactive.
2. 275 more days without login -> MA considers your account is abandoned.
3. Only at this point (365 days with no login) your account will be terminated.

"Inactive" is just an account status, the only consequence is that you will probably receive a number of emails warning you.

I think Axe watned to ask: "what consequences are for account to become inactive?"

Falagor
:bandit:

Aha! Yea perhaps that's it... I would think that after 90 days it got locked and you had to contact support to get it unlocked?

If you own deeds or other items worth considerable ped in MU, then 90 days is simply not acceptable.

What if you die and it takes your family 3 months to try and sort assets out ...or longer.
What if you're seriously ill for 3 months plus.

My misses has got one of my apartment deeds in her account, I will have to get that back then.

come on MA 90 days?????????? seriously.

Yeah...as Axemurder said "what does inactive mean"?

I agree to pay you a one off fee so it never dies; Happy? and I want a deed that agrees to that.
That should be automatic if you've deposited x amount of money anyway.

That way you can build a liability fund that you keep away from your own funds. 'vest' it for community assets. That means that money belongs to us not you.

Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: San
If you own deeds or other items worth considerable ped in MU, then 90 days is simply not acceptable.

What if you die and it takes your family 3 months to try and sort assets out ...or longer.

...snip

Rick

I agree, the times limits here are not long enough in the case of worst circumstances.
Im guessing MA would want legal documentation to allow a 3rd party administrator access to an accounts assets.

I dont know what its like in other countries but in the UK it takes 6 -12 months to get hold of the paperwork to legally gain access to someone's assets. (and that is in the simplest cases)

I think this needs to be thought through a bit more MA :yup:

Hmmm.... there goes that idea about dropping a ton of cash in to deeds and just logging in quarterly... on that topic what's gonna be the payout schedule on compet deeds. Hope it's more than once every 90 days?...

Does mobile app like Virtual Tycoon apply as loging into entropia universe ,Ludving mindark answer

What does this inactive after 90 days mean anyways ? What is the difference between a acitve and inactive account ?
I can understand that your account is terminated if you dont log in for a full year (wich is 385 days less than it previously was, so "thanks" for cutting our safety net mindark). What means inactive ? Do i have to contact support to logg in again and prove my identity or what is it ?

They are making a change to the TOU. For current players who accepted the old TOU when they opened an account the old 750 days should still be valid. Else, they should state that this takes effect from a specific date.

Ludwig, can you answer these questions as the MA rep?

I've left for more than 90 days and had no trouble logging back in.

The 90 day thing is likely just for documentation of player status more than anything. No consequences will be suffered unless you can't log in for a whole year. If you know you'll be a year without access I'm sure MA can place a special hold on your account if you ask them.

So then FOMA will propably soon be MAs property again?!

So then FOMA will propably soon be MAs property again?!

Nah.. current owner would have to log in a assent to the new terms first.. and then go awol for a yesr

My misses has got one of my apartment deeds in her account, I will have to get that back then.

come on MA 90 days?????????? seriously.

Yeah...as Axemurder said "what does inactive mean"?

I agree to pay you a one off fee so it never dies; Happy? and I want a deed that agrees to that.
That should be automatic if you've deposited x amount of money anyway.

That way you can build a liability fund that you keep away from your own funds. 'vest' it for community assets. That means that money belongs to us not you.

Rick

It is acceptable, the game needs players not ppl sitting on investments trying to earn from those that do put the time to play

There will be more withdraws based on regulatory changes, coming out during 2017 which we will notify you of when they occur.

Guess inactive is just for spam and statistics.

But to actually reduce the time before your account gets terminated from 750 days to 365 is quite huge.

But to look at it this way. Avatars logging in once every two years too once every year is basically doubling your player activity ;)

Did it used to be that if your account went "inactive" you had to provide some sort of identification to activate it again?

Once an account becomes "inactive", it gets flagged for the welcome hof upon coming back :yup:

They really gotta state CLEARLY what the hell they mean by the "inactive" status. 3 month break every now and again for me is normal.

Concern - new account termination terms, old avatar names

Hi!
I have to stress that if you allow old avatar names to be re-used after termination of accounts, there _will_ be cases where people go through entropialife and forums to find old names with some credibility and reputation to them, and make avatars to impersonate these.

I just had to mention, and i spread this concern in-game too.
(Other than that, I think a cleanup may be due!)
Cheers!

---------------
I sent this as a support ticket (Account and fund transfer - Activation or closure) just now.

Reactions: San
I don't see the point of even terminating these accounts... It's not like we have 100,000+ Players daily. Makes zero sense and kinda pisses me off.

I agree, the times limits here are not long enough in the case of worst circumstances.
Im guessing MA would want legal documentation to allow a 3rd party administrator access to an accounts assets.

I dont know what its like in other countries but in the UK it takes 6 -12 months to get hold of the paperwork to legally gain access to someone's assets. (and that is in the simplest cases)

I think this needs to be thought through a bit more MA :yup:

This needs to be sorted, I totally agree!
What if someone dies... It is not like it hasn't happened...

I don't see the point of even terminating these accounts... It's not like we have 100,000+ Players daily. Makes zero sense and kinda pisses me off.

it's to keep estates actively managed and to keep a consistent amount of uber items in game rather than increase the cap on the items.

Hi!
I have to stress that if you allow old avatar names to be re-used after termination of accounts, there _will_ be cases where people go through entropialife and forums to find old names with some credibility and reputation to them, and make avatars to impersonate these.

I just had to mention, and i spread this concern in-game too.
(Other than that, I think a cleanup may be due!)
Cheers!

---------------
I sent this as a support ticket (Account and fund transfer - Activation or closure) just now.

I don't believe they actually terminate the account to the extent that they delete the avatar. From my personal experience having had my account "permanently deleted" my avatar was still in the player registry for over a year until they reactivated my account.

Over the next several months, with the assistance of Delphi Law, MindArk will be revising various sections of the Entropia Universe End-User License Agreement (EULA) and Terms of Use (TOU) to ensure that our and our customers’ rights are protected and that MindArk is compliant with current and upcoming European Union accounting, consumer rights and privacy requirements.

The first of these updates will be implemented on Nov. 1, 2016 and deals with the Entropia Universe Terms of Use, Section 5: Account Inactivity, Account Ban and Account Termination.

The changes which were committed at this date are the following:

5.3. Inactivated Account

You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of ninety (90) consecutive days.

5.4. Terminated Account

You acknowledge and agree that your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed to have been abandoned by You and consequently automatically Terminated if it has not been accessed for a period of three hundred and sixty-five (365) consecutive days (i.e. 275 days after an account becomes inactive as described in section 5.3 above).

There will me more changes based on regulatory changes, coming out during 2017 which we will notify you of when they occur.

Originally Posted Here

I see. I think it is absolutely wonderful that MA is protecting my rights by deleting my account (and all the value stored in it) if for whatever reason I don't login for a (long) time. This should be done more often. For instance, if I don't ride my bicycle for a year, the government should come and take it away. If I don't use my tent for over a year (because I can pay for a B&B), the Municipality should come to collect it, and burn it on a big fire with everything else.

If I don't visit my cousin for a year, the Health Department should euthanize her.

What a load of bullcrap. This is Newspeak even Huxley couldn't think of.

Edit: as a precaution, I have just made a withdrawal request for my "ingame savings". With luck, I will have the money before they delete my account.

Last edited:
Back