Returning as a casual player

How on Earth is that "Go into the Argo cave and get the equipment" mission a noob mission? No way a newbie can pull this off...

A n00b w/ some uneco high dps can do anything for a short amount of time. :)

As far as hunting x amount of ped per hour goes, since ammo gets looted, etc. it may be easier to track things if you just go hunting with melee equipment. I can guarantee you'll get more evade that way as you'll get hit more often.... (helps to have a health ring if you can afford one)

I've started hunting puny with Falcata lately from time to time (greek sword) since it's only got a max tt value of 10. May not be the best damage/pec out there, etc. but for running a game where you are playing using roi off of aud/cld it works ok as you know that once a full blade is used up you've burned roughly a dollar... flip looted ammo in to the tt and use it to repair the thing... looted shrapnel can be converted in to universal to tag with, etc.

Last edited:
If you are going to play on just the income of your 13 CLD's alone, you should get the Bukin's Spare Rifle from Mr. Bukin if you haven't already done so, slap an a101 on it and hunt naked for MU. pew pew pew

People are a bit, well, rude about the game here I think :D
You do not have to stick to such a small gun like Bukins Rifle to not loose longterm.

Check X3 + A102 combination. It can burn 160PED/h if shotnonstop. Depending on mob its more like 100ped/h because auf walking and/or healing. Lets say you get a bad return (longterm) of 90% and you can't sell anything for MU. So its 10PED loss/h results in 5h hunting per week to burn your CLD income.
But that is a rly bad return. Even with small MU and try to minimize def-cost you can easily get to 95% return, resulting in 10h of hunting a week. Still to less? Try some healing jobs, play less, look out for more MU. Here starts the game and work of this playstyle.
If you want to do this long term, best would be to track your returns. Especially if you stack some stuff for more MU this is an easy and effective way to not burn to much per time. Allways keep your bankroll up or MU is worth nothing.

Well, this is my opinion. The nice thing about EU is: you can play it many different ways and all have their fun part.
So do those missions first and get used to this world (sry, universe) again is probably the best start for all possible ways.

That is interesting.... I was on the Kronan channel for a while (haven;t been fully absent long enough to not have seen new chat) and some others, but I got kinda confused with all the different tabs and stuff.
And I dunno... a society would feel kinda like a "home" in a way that random chat-channels can't. Or am I just too much of an old fart now?

No, no. Being an old fart is MY excuse! (for telling society recruiters to get off my lawn) :laugh:

...well, of course there are different ways of looking at this.

You do not have to stick to such a small gun like Bukins Rifle to not loose longterm.

Check X3 + A102 combination. It can burn 160PED/h if shotnonstop. Depending on mob its more like 100ped/h because auf walking and/or healing. Lets say you get a bad return (longterm) of 90% and you can't sell anything for MU. So its 10PED loss/h results in 5h hunting per week to burn your CLD income.
But that is a rly bad return. Even with small MU and try to minimize def-cost you can easily get to 95% return, resulting in 10h of hunting a week. Still to less? Try some healing jobs, play less, look out for more MU. Here starts the game and work of this playstyle.
If you want to do this long term, best would be to track your returns. Especially if you stack some stuff for more MU this is an easy and effective way to not burn to much per time. Allways keep your bankroll up or MU is worth nothing.

Well, this is my opinion. The nice thing about EU is: you can play it many different ways and all have their fun part.
So do those missions first and get used to this world (sry, universe) again is probably the best start for all possible ways.

My suggestion of getting the free Bukin's Spare Rifle and using it with an a101 based on his desire to play on just the income of 13 CLD is considered rude?

Dafuq? SJW's everywhere and for every occasion I guess. Ok, well, OP, if you felt I was rude to you, then I sincerely apologize. That wasn't my intention at all.

In any case, Welcome Back, Good Luck, Have Fun and Happy Hunting! :)

Sorry, don't get me wrong there. In no way rude to anyone here :)
Just about the hunting-return. I was just missing a better word there, sorry.

I wanted to say: it is not that bad, that you have to use such a small gun. ;)

Sorry, don't get me wrong there. In no way rude to anyone here :)
Just about the hunting-return. I was just missing a better word there, sorry.

I wanted to say: it is not that bad, that you have to use such a small gun. ;)

Ahh, ok. I think I understand what you meant now. That makes sense. Maybe the word you were looking for was "rudimentary" as in my suggestion was just rudimentary, i.e. simplistic with not much info/explanations. As opposed to me being offensive or something which I initially thought you meant, lol.

Anyways, no worries, Mensch. I'm sorry for misunderstanding. :)

ps: I'm from Mer'cuh, but Germany is my happy place. Though my friends there don't seem too happy about the immigrant issues. *shrug* My favorite beer is Spaten Optimator, hence my user/ava name. Doppebock ftw!

And sorry to all for thread hijack.

You're right, it's not. There is a newbie mission on that island, not part of a mission chain last I knew, but the daily mission needs a higher level. It's not a bad deal if you are doing the iron mission, but I think it should give at least 2 tokens. It takes at least 100 ped of ammo to do.

Is that the mission you got from the sgt? I thought you were supposed to get Iron Road.

No, I got this one after I already freed the scientists (during which I kept trying to pick up the equipment, but couldn't. Kinda silly to have to return to fetch stuff you wanted to take along at the first go already, but okay).

In the past, I spent more time on EU than is good for me. I have always been poor, so I had to stick with the lower end mobs and activities. I ended up getting bored mindless by sweating and punies. Sometimes, I'd make an excursion to some ubermobs, like argonauts, but one day of hunting those, and I was broke again.

Then, I got drunk.
And this happened to be around when CLD were introduced. I have 13.

Since then, I have gotten a job, and I haven't actively played for...quite a while.

I am contemplating a return to the game. Today, I logged in, with the clear purpose of playing the game.
So there I was...at Twin... not having a clue what to do. I feel like a total noobie again. Everything changed. Mobs aren't where they used to be (so the hunting missions are a nightmare, as they tell me where the mobs USED to be. Most people I knew are gone. My society has remodelled into an investment fund, which I cannot participate in and as such, I feel a bit of an outsider there too.

I have looked at some active missions, one was about mining "The Island"... which Island?

I am just totally clueless.

So how would this total noob (lvl 27 laser sniper, lvl 8 miner) get back in the game, using only CLD revenue as play money? I could of course begin as a total beginner, but I don't see myself spending weeks on the sweating fields anymore either...

Hell, I don't even know what the current newbie area is anymore....

Good to hear you found a real life (after you got drunk) :laugh:

I'm kinda in the same situation as you are. havent been actively playing for years. And i feel like a noob in fancy clothes. No idea what to do or where to go to.
But better that way, because now I'm not blowing peds out anymore.

It has a big advantage though because now, since you're a noob again, things are new again. You can start exploring again instead of mindless grinding. And exploring is more fun and way cheaper.
Just take your time to refind your way around again.

As stated by other posters, compared to the old days, you now have a lot more cheap and fun noob missions, so do them first. Maybe do the Hunt the Thing mission if you visit rocktropia. As mentioned above, Rocktropia does have some very nice noob mobs.

playing with 13 CLD is, what, less than 50 peds a week? that's nothing. in my opinion, that should be totally out of the question, for a player having been here for 10 years, such as yourself.

otoh, if you sell those CLDs, you may get ~20-25k PED. that's a totally different story. with such bankroll, you can play "decently" (still low level, though) almost forever.

i understand that people find it attractive to "play for free with CLD returns", but c'mon, let's be realistic :)

I disagree with this.
Selling your CLD will mean a slow but sure death of your ped card.
the problem with having 25000 ped free to spend is that you will eventually spend it, and faster then you might like.

The big advantage of keeping your deeds is a steady income of around 40 ped per week.
If we take the general rule of 90% hunting returns, that would mean to spend(=loose) those 40 ped you would cycle 400 ped.
400 ped is more then enough for any noob missions plus extra.

But you say you bought those CLD a while ago, that would mean your ped flow balance should be considerable to start with.
Or did you constantly reinvest those revenues?

Anyways, it's always nice to log in every now and then, just to see what you forgot about. Once an entropian, always an entropian!

But you say you bought those CLD a while ago, that would mean your ped flow balance should be considerable to start with.
Or did you constantly reinvest those revenues?

Anyways, it's always nice to log in every now and then, just to see what you forgot about. Once an entropian, always an entropian!

Most of the income was withdrawn. Last withdrawal was actually initiated when MA changed the rules on account inactivity. So I basically have a near-clean PED card (about 120PED on it now) and the CLD income.

I still have some hopes to use my CLD to get some land, and the income is what I have to play with. Some may laugh at the amount, but 40 PED a week still comes down to US$16 a month, which I consider a fair monthly rate to pay for a game. Anything more than that is silly (well, for those in my socio-economic class, anyway).

Parsed

I agree with Mace9 and another problem is that everyone plays EU differently and some haven't figured out open ended gameplay is what you make it.
* Eco well how eco are you going to play? Lightly eco and buy clothes, vehicles, plots, or will you play accountant eco while worrying about SIB items with charts and spreadsheets and pinching every pec???
* Will you find others that play to skill up and keep you motivated, do you compare certain skill stats ie MindForce or overall Total skills points? And is it skills you add freely like sweating, or swunting, or visiting ol' Mulcy at Zychion Citadel, or by chipping in?
* Find someone missing a TP and do a vehicle free TP run, question is can either of you do it without weapons?
* Grab some clothes lot's of good tailors out there plus doesn't hurt to stand out a bit and just be social.
* See how long you and maybe others can play EU on a certain amount of ped for several days, ie. 10 ped for 7 days!
* Will you find repairing UL items more preferable to looking for your preferred L items.
etc. etc. anyways lots of ways to play EU. ;)

Also if you still have old weapons and equipment they can be worth a bit.
There's always someone who'll say that old stuff is worthless and just dump that imp mk into TT lol even though its worth a lot of ped on market/auction... funny that.

But from reading what OP wrote, it seems to me the replies are from players in different playing brackets.
And 40 ped weekly is very doable I've done it.
First off there's a pretty handy website that can let you know about stuff. Recent updates = good! :yup:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/

Go without armor except for the few medium mobs that attack or when saved up a week or so to be able to repair it after. Plus hunting without armor will bring up your skills.
Keep the amps off the weapons for small mobs, the repair bills just add to cost of playing and aren't worthwhile for punys. Sure the bean-countin' eco hunters will cry foul on that but try without for a bit.
Use any limited weapons you loot, however not all Limited weapons are more eco then what you may already use... Just keep an eye on ammo/shot vs damage done and decide if it's worth using it or better to sell it and get more ammo from TT.

For weapons maybe try Chon pistol, or Z12 laser carbine (start packs), the Bukins Rifle, or if you wish to get it the Gold starter pack (webshop $$) has Adjust Harrier armor with its acceleration boost, everything with it is pretty economical imo.
Note: Rocktropia starter pack has a Tommy gun is BLP but last I checked it still gave laser skills except for that I do like this pack and that tommy gun is same as Z12 stats and eco!
Don't care about "eco" or playing the "SIB" game just want something initially cheap with low repair bills and more damage to defend against the odd larger mob in puny spawns then maybe try something like Mar-Lighter Davidov laser carbine? Plenty of ways to sort and then choose from at:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon

Whatever larger weapon you choose put amp and scope on it, again recommend gold starter pack amp/scope.
It's boring to wait for health to replenish so Faps are important the S10 from gauntlet and 10 pulse from starter is good, both cost little to repair but there's other more eco faps to get if you've the ped.
Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. from Cyrene missions is good and pretty easy to do but expect to cycle approximately 700ped in ammo to finish that mission chain, and (imo) only the nimet's need armor (but depends on evade skills).

The Caly daily missions tend to be all over the place in skill needed.
My first one sent me to cave north of PA to hunt ?Maffoids? anyways EWE1 pistol didn't do much to them. lol
Anyways grab all the missions you can and hunt the smaller mobs and work your way up. Camp Icarus puts you on mission chain to get some CDF armor rewards.

Regardless of what you do and how you decide to play, good luck and have fun. :yup:

i keep seeing these people who look for ammo burn.... i dont really know why as its highly irrelevant... you can have a gun that costs 200 ammo and has 7 pec decay per use and there could be a gun that uses 300 ammo but has only 1 pec decay per use. if both deal the same damage the secodn weapon would be clearly the better choice. though the people who look for ammo burn would use the first one...

Your society has turned into an investment fund?
:scratch2:

We have a voluntarily society fund... 22 auds currently..
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ofcourse, but you do us short to call us an investment fund.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion ofcourse, but you do us short to call us an investment fund.

Agree :wtg:

// zZz Sliver XzZz

well, from the last times I was in the game, it felt very much like that. People were only discussing the investments when I was on. You needed to be investing in order to get certain ranks and such. Actually, in all honesty, that was part of the reason I was driven into hibernation mode.

Since I came back, though.... I must say I have a different feeling. The last few days were actually rather enjoyable.

But...like I said in the first post...

I don't have a clue anymore ;)

Selling 1 CLD might be a good idea to use as an actual balance.

But you don't have to sell more than that till you want to deposit.

If you need help for any eco low level weapon setups look here > How-To-Survive!

To be fairly honest, it has gotten a lot harder to survive of late...

I'd strongly recommend you get yourself an Ares Ring Improved.

Back