Screenshot button in the Action Library - How does it Work??

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
I wanted to take a screenshot of the new Sandskimmer.

I placed the Screenshot button on the screen - then pressed it when I had the image I wanted to record.

Now what? Where is the image stored?
I have not been able to find it on my PC, so is there some other step I should have taken
I would appreciate any advice :)

When you press that button - you get a message in System chat with the path to the picture.
Usually it's \Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\screenshots\

Found it - Thank you Svarog :) greatly appreciated

Not addin much useful information, however I must say this is the first time since a LONG time I am able to take a screenshot without the use of third parties :D

Thank you MA for the "quick-fix" to the problem :D

I'll add in useful information for anyone coming across this thread (as I was one of the loudest complainers wishing for this feature over the years)

Screenshot function is found (at the time of posting) bottom of page 19 of action library

screenshot_function.jpg

Players joining after its introduction have it mapped to the Prt Sc key by default, existing players will have to map it for themselves (although I'd recommend moving it over the PS key on the layout)

I'll add in useful information for anyone coming across this thread (as I was one of the loudest complainers wishing for this feature over the years)

Screenshot function is found (at the time of posting) bottom of page 19 of action library

screenshot_function.jpg

Players joining after its introduction have it mapped to the Prt Sc key by default, existing players will have to map it for themselves (although I'd recommend moving it over the PS key on the layout)

"You must spread some...." :/ Too bad I can't +rep ya this time!

the system chat tells you where it saves it after you hit button...
for me it was under \programdata\entropia universe\public_users_data\screenshots\

This function does not work for me, I get no message in chat, and the screenshot folder in the specified path does not exist. I sent in a support case about it but it was eventually closed without any resolution.

This function does not work for me, I get no message in chat, and the screenshot folder in the specified path does not exist. I sent in a support case about it but it was eventually closed without any resolution.

You should get a green line beginning with 'System'. Do you have system messages activated to show in your chat window? This was the solution for someone who asked the same question in-game the other day.

Have you bound the screenshot action to a key? By default it's now PrntScr, but only for new players, older ones have to bind it manually.

Did you check both paths, mine and mastermesh's? It probably depends on Windows' version (mine path is on Win 10 x64).

Have you bound the screenshot action to a key? By default it's now PrntScr, but only for new players, older ones have to bind it manually.

Did you check both paths, mine and mastermesh's? It probably depends on Windows' version (mine path is on Win 10 x64).

I'm on a similar system - Windows 10 x64 , but upgraded to Windows 10 instead of starting out like that from the factory.... Not sure if that matters or not...

Thanks for those suggestions. I do have system messages shown in chat, the function is linked to desktop icon and hotkey, neither work. Neither does the prtsc button. I can't log on to my account atm either since my GC is broken. I'm hoping that MA can send me a replacement. (Not a smartphone user :) )

I'm using Win7 / 64bit. Not that I think the Windows version matters.

Thanks for those suggestions. I do have system messages shown in chat, the function is linked to desktop icon and hotkey, neither work. Neither does the prtsc button. I can't log on to my account atm either since my GC is broken. I'm hoping that MA can send me a replacement. (Not a smartphone user :) )

I'm using Win7 / 64bit. Not that I think the Windows version matters.

I use Windows7 64bit too, you should be able to take a printscreen so why you cant is rather strange. You could try configuring a different keyset (F1,F2,F3 and so on function keys have different keyset layouts)

I've always used keyset 5 so you could try dragging the screenshot function from the Action Library to an unused key for example "=" key and see if that works.

I use Windows7 64bit too, you should be able to take a printscreen so why you cant is rather strange. You could try configuring a different keyset (F1,F2,F3 and so on function keys have different keyset layouts)

I've always used keyset 5 so you could try dragging the screenshot function from the Action Library to an unused key for example "=" key and see if that works.

Thanks I'll try that when I can log on again.

Back