10k PED invest in Material Texture manufacture

AxE v4

Mature
AxE v4 FiN
Hello!

So i started wondering what would would happen if a new player invested 10k PED in material texture manufacturing.. and came up with this idea. Since there is no way in hell i could at the moment afford to invest 1000 dollars into EU i wanted to ask how you, the good people of EU, felt about this.

Plan would be to gather 10,000 PED from investors and start a career as a texture manufacturer. Starting from level 0 with a basic blueprint, buying the materials required and craft away. Moving into higher level BPs whenever possible.

None of the items gained from clicks would be invested further into the project but put aside (except blueprints).

Once the 10k PED has been used, the success rates would be published, along with the items, BPs and skill gained.

When this has been done, EVERYTHING will be sold and whatever PED accumulated would be shared with the investors. Invest 10% of the 10k and you will receive 10% of the accumulated PED.

Screenshots would be taken of every manufacturing page, materials bought, items gained, skill progress etc.

I would like your opinions on this project. What do you think? Good idea, bad idea? How far could one get in terms of skill levels with 10k PED?

Any ideas on how i could ensure investors that i wouldnt just run off with any PED gained for/from this?

Thank you for reading and if you wish to invest in this project please contact me ingame (AxE v4 FiN) or leave a message below!

- AxE

Plan would be to gather 10,000 PED from investors

When this has been done, EVERYTHING will be sold and whatever PED accumulated would be shared with the investors. Invest 10% of the 10k and you will receive 10% of the accumulated PED.

I'm assuming "EVERYTHING" includes selling the skills as well?

What would you gain from this? :confused:

On another note, I recommend looking at the textures on auction and examining the sales figures on various popular textures. Most textures simply don't sell. Even the popular textures sell extremely slowly. The market is completely saturated as these are so easy to make and last pretty much indefinitely.

Investing in an almost guaranteed loss? No thanks.

$1000 isn't enough for crafting, especially from zero.

Change thread title to how to throw away 10000ped.

Textures not really a profitable thing in this game. Is possible nutncomplicated.

I'm assuming "EVERYTHING" includes selling the skills as well?

What would you gain from this? :confused:

On another note, I recommend looking at the textures on auction and examining the sales figures on various popular textures. Most textures simply don't sell. Even the popular textures sell extremely slowly. The market is completely saturated as these are so easy to make and last pretty much indefinitely.

Honestly, im just curious to see where 10k PED will get you if you focus on only one skill starting at level 0. I dont expect to gain anything from this but that being said.. if anybody is willing to invest in this project, depending on how long this will take from start to finish i will discuss "my part" of the "rewards". That being skill or plain PED.

Lets be honest. Its Entropia. Doing this could end up in 5k PED being split or 150k PED being split.

If the end result is lower then 10k PED the skills gained will definately be sold. Incase this turns out to be profitable.. then my share, well that will be discussed among the investors.

Textures and auction, i have not made a complete plan about the stages of this project concerning which BPs will be used. That too will be discussed among the investors.

Investing in an almost guaranteed loss? No thanks.

$1000 isn't enough for crafting, especially from zero.

To what levels do you think 10k PED would get one? But yes, allmost guaranteed, you never know. Im not doing this on the thought that everyone would gain huge profits. Its an experiment tho profit would be great for anybody involved.

Change thread title to how to throw away 10000ped.

Textures not really a profitable thing in this game. Is possible nutncomplicated.

Main goal would be to focus on higher MU textures.

Throw away 10000ped, come on.. wheres the sense of adventure mate!

This is an interesting idea and I like to see enterprising individuals, although I agree mostly with the above comments.

I wonder if pooling peds into a single avatar to go click something would offer a greater chance of hitting something nice than if we all went crafting individually. At higher levels crafting something on condition it might be a good idea but in general it is hard to profit with crafting...

My concern would be that on quantity it might be very hard to break even (at low level your losses will be quite large which will eat into any MU profits later on) but as you said you could hit something nice...

If you already had some skills and BPs it might be a different situation.

anyway subscribing to this thread :)

This is an interesting idea and I like to see enterprising individuals, although I agree mostly with the above comments.

I wonder if pooling peds into a single avatar to go click something would offer a greater chance of hitting something nice than if we all went crafting individually. At higher levels crafting something on condition it might be a good idea but in general it is hard to profit with crafting...

My concern would be that on quantity it might be very hard to break even (at low level your losses will be quite large which will eat into any MU profits later on) but as you said you could hit something nice...

If you already had some skills and BPs it might be a different situation.

anyway subscribing to this thread :)

Thank you for this! :)

I do understand this is gonna be risky business and that crafting is considered something that requires huge amounts of PED and initial investment. Ive done crafting on small scale before (200 PED clicks on low level BPs) and that usually didnt give me much to work with. That is why im interested to see where a larger amount of PED without the recycling of loot would get you.

Hopefully there are adventurous people in the community who are curious about this also!

To what levels do you think 10k PED would get one? But yes, allmost guaranteed, you never know. Im not doing this on the thought that everyone would gain huge profits. Its an experiment tho profit would be great for anybody involved.

The cheapest way would be to solely craft 10k PED of Generic Leather Texture, which would end up in around 7.5-8k PED return (after MU input & output), with a further 500 or so PED in skills (which would require ESI's to withdraw).

Crafting rarer textures would make more profitable sales (though GLT sells well for texture skilling), however input costs are higher, success rate lower and liquidity lower still.

A way to increase profitability would be to contract-craft for a tailor, however they usually self-craft textures and for the ones that don't, you'd quickly oversupply the market.

The cheapest way would be to solely craft 10k PED of Generic Leather Texture, which would end up in around 7.5-8k PED return (after MU input & output), with a further 500 or so PED in skills (which would require ESI's to withdraw).

Crafting rarer textures would make more profitable sales (though GLT sells well for texture skilling), however input costs are higher, success rate lower and liquidity lower still.

A way to increase profitability would be to contract-craft for a tailor, however they usually self-craft textures and for the ones that don't, you'd quickly oversupply the market.

I was actually thinking of doing this and focusing on only one BP, tho that wouldnt be interesting. Start of with the basic BP and put say 1k PED or whatever into that, then move to the level 2.5 BPs put an amount into that and then move up again.

And to not oversupply the market, we could use several different BPs per level area but we shall see what happens.

Main goal would be to focus on higher MU textures.

Throw away 10000ped, come on.. wheres the sense of adventure mate!

Already had the adventure.. i've done everything in this game. Every profession, damn near owned every weapon, and tool... except a planet... and I bet I'd... wait for it................... make next island great again! :laugh:

Problem with this profession like many other things is that the demand is low. Soon as you find something worth while, people figure it out and it becomes saturated. Markup crashes and then never recovers.

Already had the adventure.. i've done everything in this game. Every profession, damn near owned every weapon, and tool... except a planet... and I bet I'd... wait for it................... make next island great again! :laugh:

Problem with this profession like many other things is that the demand is low. Soon as you find something worth while, people figure it out and it becomes saturated. Markup crashes and then never recovers.

Fair enought, that is quite the adventure! And i get what you are saying. I thought this might be a nice profession to choose, since there arent alot of textures on the market. And IF someone is looking for an obscure texture they will overpay for atleast smaller amounts. Tho theres the problem Aio stated (tailors usually self-craft textures).

And to minimize on auction fee losses i would post a full list of textures for sale here on the forums.

Fair enought, that is quite the adventure! And i get what you are saying. I thought this might be a nice profession to choose, since there arent alot of textures on the market. And IF someone is looking for an obscure texture they will overpay for atleast smaller amounts. Tho theres the problem Aio stated (tailors usually self-craft textures).

And to minimize on auction fee losses i would post a full list of textures for sale here on the forums.

Many of these businesses already exist though or have existed, struggled, or were just boring that the owners gave up on it. It goes back to things like coloring, makeup, and textures. There are very little uses for such things. Not many items are customizable and if they are, they are UL and thus is one and done.

Many of these businesses already exist though or have existed, struggled, or were just boring that the owners gave up on it. It goes back to things like coloring, makeup, and textures. There are very little uses for such things. Not many items are customizable and if they are, they are UL and thus is one and done.

Very true, but there are allways people who wish to colour their Sleipnir or that new jacket they got. And if this project actually starts up ill contact a few texturers and other people to see if we can make some kind of arrangement about crafted goods.

Hello!

So i started wondering what would would happen if a new player invested 10k PED in material texture manufacturing.. and came up with this idea. Since there is no way in hell i could at the moment afford to invest 1000 dollars into EU i wanted to ask how you, the good people of EU, felt about this.

Plan would be to gather 10,000 PED from investors and start a career as a texture manufacturer. Starting from level 0 with a basic blueprint, buying the materials required and craft away. Moving into higher level BPs whenever possible.

None of the items gained from clicks would be invested further into the project but put aside (except blueprints).

Once the 10k PED has been used, the success rates would be published, along with the items, BPs and skill gained.

Screenshots would be taken of every manufacturing page, materials bought, items gained, skill progress etc.

I would like your opinions on this project. What do you think? Good idea, bad idea? How far could one get in terms of skill levels with 10k PED?

Any ideas on how i could ensure investors that i wouldnt just run off with any PED gained for/from this?

Thank you for reading and if you wish to invest in this project please contact me ingame (AxE v4 FiN) or leave a message below!

- AxE

This sounds interesting, but unless this is an alt account here on PCF your skills are most likely way to low in which at your skill level that 10k would mostly be spent in skilling your new avatar up ending with a big loss. For this test to work, we would need to pick a crafter with higher skills.

On that subject of hard times selling, just wanted to let anyone know that if THEY really need some Carabok textures, I still have a little under 48k left and if you are fast you may be able to pick some up before I'm sold out!

This sounds interesting, but unless this is an alt account here on PCF your skills are most likely way to low in which at your skill level that 10k would mostly be spent in skilling your new avatar up ending with a big loss. For this test to work, we would need to pick a crafter with higher skills.

The idea is to start from scratch and see where the 10k PED leads us.

On that subject of hard times selling, just wanted to let anyone know that if THEY really need some Carabok textures, I still have a little under 48k left and if you are fast you may be able to pick some up before I'm sold out!

Well well, aint doing Carabok that is for sure!

The idea is to start from scratch and see where the 10k PED leads us.

So you want us to give you money to loose? If that is all, then please why not deposit your own 10k to loose? Not understanding it?

But give it 5 years and after you skilled up more and showed us your skills then maybe some would like to invest this test.

I thought this might be a nice profession to choose, since there arent alot of textures on the market.

Because customization is a niche market and it doesn't make sense to make textures without an actual client - you would have all of your peds stuck in the product, for which no one might be looking for a long time. But once there is a demand for a texture, there are already plenty of skilled people around who can fulfill that demand.

Moreover, due to the Engineering skill contribution to the Material Manufacturer profession, any decent crafter would be able to craft textures of a level by an order higher than the one you could reach with your 10k ped, even if they never touched textures before. Hell, I'm a hunter and I make my textures myself.

10k ped is such a tiny amount in crafting and the plan to craft useless TT junk is even worse. Bad idea.

Why not try these 10k peds on the famous Explosive Projectiles Blueprints.
It will be more thrill than crafting tasteless textures and always have a chance for the big Prize :D

It will be more thrill than crafting tasteless textures and always have a chance for the big Prize :D

circulated 250k ped with EP2 condition and ended up ~97% TT return. beats any texture clicking :lolup:

10k is so tiny lol what do u want to proove with this ?
13 messages only on this forum, u are really new, and u want people give u 10k ped for a test with no guaranty.

I am sure that 10k peds is totally ridiculous for this kind of tests but i have the feeling that 10k peds is a huge amount for you ... Thats a dangerous mix ...

So you want us to give you money to loose? If that is all, then please why not deposit your own 10k to loose? Not understanding it?

But give it 5 years and after you skilled up more and showed us your skills then maybe some would like to invest this test.

I can do it on my own but it will take me a while to gather up the money. If nobody is going to contribute to this then i will be doing it at a later point. And giving it 5 years of skilling defeats the purpose.

Think it like this.

"Ohh hey Entropia, sounds like a cool game. Huh i can get real money from playing the game?? Well then ill deposit 1000 dollars and start crafting, what would be a crafting profession i would enjoy? Hmm maybe textures? Allright ill do it."

And then jumping into it with having no idea what will happen, what could happen.

Because customization is a niche market and it doesn't make sense to make textures without an actual client - you would have all of your peds stuck in the product, for which no one might be looking for a long time. But once there is a demand for a texture, there are already plenty of skilled people around who can fulfill that demand.

Moreover, due to the Engineering skill contribution to the Material Manufacturer profession, any decent crafter would be able to craft textures of a level by an order higher than the one you could reach with your 10k ped, even if they never touched textures before. Hell, I'm a hunter and I make my textures myself.

This is a very valid point why not to invest in textures.. and the overall feedback about doing this is not very positive. Thought it would be interesting to do this with the main point being not having any skills at all.

10k ped is such a tiny amount in crafting and the plan to craft useless TT junk is even worse. Bad idea.

Appreciate the feedback. Tho making money is not the main goal in this one :)

Not a bad idea! Maybe that will be for next time :D

10k is so tiny lol what do u want to proove with this ?
13 messages only on this forum, u are really new, and u want people give u 10k ped for a test with no guaranty.

I am sure that 10k peds is totally ridiculous for this kind of tests but i have the feeling that 10k peds is a huge amount for you ... Thats a dangerous mix ...

I do not want to prove anything, its just a test and saying 10k is a ridiculous amount of PED for something like this, that i dont understand. Since the purpose is to see where 10k PED gets you starting at level 0 in a crafting profession. The test might be a stupid idea but i think it would be interesting to try out.

And yes i am pretty new. Been doing some mining and small amounts of crafting. 10k is a big amount for me but i am not willing to get my character banned for stealing money from people. I am just curious :)

Back