Info: Space 2017

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Space development is a MindArk owned area. But as PCF is watched by MindArk as its official point of communication this thread will be made to allow players to describe their hope for Space in 2017.
I think we can all agree we have enough Iron missions, enough new planetary mobs, enough new player experiences.
The key priorities for development in 2017 should be Space.

By this I suggest the following ideas, which will give players many opportunities, allow profits to be made and bring more income to MindArk.

One huge MMO has long been the holder of complex and expansive space and we all know which one. Recently in the last few years another MMO very similar to EU, but with an expansive 3D space, seemless transition between space and planets and more, has appeared and thus our space needs an overhaul.

The Entropia Universe playerbase are very passionate and want to see EU space beat other games.
Suggestions for 2017;
1. Expand space 100x, with a detailed 3D map

2. Make piloting skills mean than you can only use certain ships or navigate accurately at your skill level with a certain ship. Example: A brand new player with no skills, should not be able to fly a mothership.

3. Introduce x,y,z coordinates for navigation planning

4. Allow non-PvP routes in space, which will take time to travel as the trade off. Eg: Travel through PvP space may take hours, but non-PvP space takes days.

5. Player owned warp gates. Put them on auction. The player charges a tax for other players to use them.

6. Introduce warp wormhole maps, a new skill, profession even. Wormhole engineer, Wormhole navigator etc

7. Space mining in PvP and non-PvP. This would be huge! Players have been asking for it for a long time. Put high MU ores in PvP zones, other ores and enmats in non-PvP. This will not only stimulate mining in space, new skills and professions. But maybe even security services to protect miners from pirates.

8. Introduce a range of small unlimited spacecraft with UL Subwarp drive MkI-IV. This will allow newer players to travel in space at subwarp in smaller ships that are not QUADs.

9. So far we have 5 UL QUADs and 25 UL Equus QUADs.
Introduce 15 more UL QUADs say in Military Camouflage, Desert, Jungle and Arctic. Sell them on Auction SB 15000PED, BO 30000PED. These would be very popular and would sell.

10. Introduce 5 Battle Class UL destroyer ships, which can take down motherships, SB 75000Ped

11. Upgrades for current Wormhole chips, to allow a Modified Wormhole Chip which can make jumps between planets, costing about 15Ped in Mind Essence and a Translocator level 50.

12. Allow players to colour and texture their Motherships and Privateers. This could be a new profession, Vehicle painter/Texturer with new tools to do so. Would again be popular.

13. Allow the pilots of motherships and privateers to have a weapon as well.

Key points
A Space focus for 2017 with the suggested upgrades above would be very profitable and well received by the playerbase.

Please add further suggestions for priority work in Space development in 2017.

My hope for space is that they delete it and that We never see it again. I could stretch to enabling teleporters between planets so We could move without going in space.

My hope for space is that they delete it and that We never see it again. I could stretch to enabling teleporters between planets so We could move without going in space.

I think you will find more people think like Minim, than want MA wasting time on space. I don't get this mining in space stuff that people asking for. Each planet has specific mining loot why would PP want it space? MA nerfed pyrite in the VU when they fixed next target that so many pvps wanted fixing, now its nightmare to mine for it now. People rather they look into crafting the profession on how they could get people crafting stuff with more use in game. So no Space Update is not what everyone wants.

It all sounds good but I think people tend to forget one thing: This game was not conceived to be a space game. The effort required to turn it into a veritable competitor in the "multiverse" of great space games out there seems insurmountable within the current means. And ever since the platform choice which removed many degrees of freedom for the programmers, it hasn't become easier to even think of a way without doing everything from scratch again. Current space is a crutch based on the same underlying 2D map architecture. Who will find the money to change this?

Edit: I did say something to the opposite here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...t-and-future&p=3463740&viewfull=1#post3463740
I.e. if a competitor with a mature space game were to plug in an RCE e.g. using now available blockchain technology, Entropia's unique selling point would be gone. Therefore it seems they will have to bite the bullet eventually and either find the backing for such a big undertaking, or scrap it altogether and concentrate on the core game, possibly using the paid teleporters idea for moving between the planets and offering an alternative to those who are heavily invested in space transport now.

Last edited:
11. Upgrades for current Wormhole chips, to allow a Modified Wormhole Chip which can make jumps between planets, costing about 15Ped in Mind Essence and a Translocator level 50.

I think this idea of a Modified Wormhole Chip is interesting , but as far as the cost I think it would have to be considerably higher than warp travel.

In full agreement with this. But if it would change according to OP.. I would be all for. Sadly, it won't change.

Last edited:
#FreeTheTPs

My hope for space in 2017 is they enable free TPs between all planets with no restriction on their use.

Through a black hole, all planets are sucked in and fused. A new planet emerges, massively bigger and with many continents. MS etc. can be replaced with ships or air-planes.

Through a black hole, all planets are sucked in and fused. A new planet emerges, massively bigger and with many continents. MS etc. can be replaced with ships or air-planes.

that dont change anything, there would still be pirates at sea, no tp to other continents and ppl would still logoff on the aircraft carriers (MS) ;)

4. Allow non-PvP routes in space, which will take time to travel as the trade off. Eg: Travel through PvP space may take hours, but non-PvP space takes days.

5. Player owned warp gates. Put them on auction. The player charges a tax for other players to use them.

10. Introduce 5 Battle Class UL destroyer ships, which can take down motherships, SB 75000Ped

I like most of your points Bjorn, just the above 4 i think would need adjustments to keep things balanced in space.
to 4 - if there are non-pvp routes they should be packed full of high aggro space mobs, enforcing players to fight their way to another planet either by shooting them or spending a great deal of active piloting skill to dodge them - a non-pvp route should be hard work not something one can set up and go watch tv

to 5 - player owned warpgates should only reach to a neighbour space server / other warpgate there and warpgates should not be sold on auction but instead be like 'fort battles' where you can fight to gain control over the gate for a set time period

to 10 - when mindark sold the aniara class motherships they called them 'titans of space' indicating that they are the top end of the line (in case anyone has ever played eve from where this title was inspired) - so them introducing a battle class destoyer is something i would see in the range of 3 repairsections and around 10 gun turrets in power higher then a privateer but lower then a mothership.
If they ever were to go to introduce a new top of the line super ship it should be something like a omega class (or other class name) mothership and it should have more repairsections then the current aniara class motherships eg. 5 or 6 (this would assure that the top ships require higher investment costs in upgrades to make them strong just like motherships are more expensive then privateers to reach the same amount of structural integrity per section).
Furthermore considering how much peds are involved in privateer and mothership upgrades there should always be a quest/mission chain that allows to upgrade an existing ship into a higher shipclass while carrying its existing total structural integrity over into the new type - eg. privateer -> battle class destroyer -> aniara class mothership -> omega class mothership -> etc.

to 11 - wormholes between planets should not be possible - there would just way to much imbalance if a hundred people in line get ready with all their stuff to use a safe wormhole to another local economy.
However i think ships like privateers/mothership should have a special platform for mindforce users, allowing selected abilities to be used on the ship or its surrounding - this could include a wormhole channeled for the entire ship at extreme cost and long casting time which could be used to rescue a ship from an ongoing attack by allowing it to travel up to 1au away from the battle field this should however block the warp drive for a certain timeperiod to give eventual attackers the time to track down the ship (maybe because the wormhole leaves a trace or because of available tracking devices that can be fired on other ships and then cast a signal) again essentially just buying some time for recovery to resume the fight

It all sounds good but I think people tend to forget one thing: This game was not conceived to be a space game. The effort required to turn it into a veritable competitor in the "multiverse" of great space games out there seems insurmountable within the current means. And ever since the platform choice which removed many degrees of freedom for the programmers, it hasn't become easier to even think of a way without doing everything from scratch again. Current space is a crutch based on the same underlying 2D map architecture. Who will find the money to change this?

NMS was build with a 6 person team which created a 3d explorable universe that covers whole galaxies with billions of stellar systems and even more planets of which each of them is larger then existing entropia planets.
Recreating space or updating it doesnt have to be expensive if one can get the right people onboard.
Space doesnt need to be 'precoded' requireing lots of effort it could be dynamically generated 'on the fly' giving players a full universe while having some civilized places in it (eg. the existing planets / planet partner generated content) but also offering practically limitless space the further out one travels.
Keeping auction only available on the civilized planets will still enforce deep space explorers to bring their 'goods' back through pvp and resupplying in the established economy while providing new ressources.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
thing is NMS flopped heavily and disappointed basically 99% of the people who bought it.

Aye, because it lacked a lasting goal - if entropia could merge its realcash economy with a dynamic content creation like nms it could be a huge success.

For me MA dont need to try to create a whole universe...more easy and close to "reality" somehow is to develop Solar systems with current planets...and explain with some examples:

1. Solar system with Calypso planet and asteroids, 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 gas giant with moons for future and small asteroid belt...
2. Solar system with Arkadia planet 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 or 2 gas giant with moons for future and big asteroid belt for space mining...
3. Solar system with RockTropia and Next Island 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 or 2 gas giant with moons for future and big asteroid belt for space mining...
4. Solar systems with Cyrene and Toulan (together or alone...i prefer...) 1 big and 1 small planet for surface mining 1 or 2 gas giant with moons for future and big asteroid belt for space mining...
5. and with every new PP new Solar System...:wise:

New contents in known systems as :
1. Star Bases...:yay:
2. Epic Space missions chains and Space Missions , Bounty Missions , Border missions...
3. Gas Giant planets/Skimming modules for big cargo ships...for new types of energy/warp engines/fuels/materials/Deeds...
4. Asteroid fields for mining/Ships/ship modules/armors/tools...for new types of ship hulls/ship outer hull shield/types of energy/Deeds...
5. Big Meteorites for mining/Ships/ship modules/armors/tools...for new types of ship hulls/ship outer hull shield/types of energy/Deeds...
6. Moons for mining/Ships/ship modules/armors/tools...for new types of ship hulls/ship outer hull shield/types of energy/Deeds...
7. PvP planets for Socs/Teams Base constructions and wars/Deeds/Special loots from extra rare alien species...
8. Player/Soc's Space Stations/Deeds/SS modules/Turrets/Repair bots/Scout bots/Guardian bots...
9. For old design MS/Privateers-Stafinders new replacment Weapons-Missiles/Radars/Eccm/Turrets/Shields mdls...

Damn...im dreaming again...:ahh:

Faceof is Dynamic...:lolup:
Faceof...:cool:

at the price of ruining peoples MS business? idiot.

Well, now space is ruining planet partners business one by one. Idkn what's worse... Kill the joke that space is or just enable free teleporters and let those MS owners play around up there.

The better solution as it relates to space and warp services is to allow tp between planets for a fee (based on weight but not as steep as auction) and places those fees into the same bucket as the auction transport fees. Then ship owners can battle it out for those fees with the missions, for which those fees were intended. It would be ultimately more lucrative anyway since warping is both time consuming and honestly not that rewarding.

As result of these actions, I would reduce space by at least 1/3rd in size. I would say half but 1/3rd is a good start. Less empty area and more consolidated content.

The better solution as it relates to space and warp services is to allow tp between planets for a fee (based on weight but not as steep as auction) and places those fees into the same bucket as the auction transport fees. Then ship owners can battle it out for those fees with the missions, for which those fees were intended. It would be ultimately more lucrative anyway since warping is both time consuming and honestly not that rewarding.

As result of these actions, I would reduce space by at least 1/3rd in size. I would say half but 1/3rd is a good start. Less empty area and more consolidated content.

I would prefer 1 global AH that buyers would have to pay transport fee and sellers to orders would have to pay for transport fee. Then % of fee would be paid to ever took the mission to transport the goods to the required destination, but others could steal the mission (not the goods). ;)

to 10 - when mindark sold the aniara class motherships they called them 'titans of space' indicating that they are the top end of the line (in case anyone has ever played eve from where this title was inspired) - so them introducing a battle class destoyer is something i would see in the range of 3 repairsections and around 10 gun turrets in power higher then a privateer but lower then a mothership.
If they ever were to go to introduce a new top of the line super ship it should be something like a omega class (or other class name) mothership and it should have more repairsections then the current aniara class motherships eg. 5 or 6 (this would assure that the top ships require higher investment costs in upgrades to make them strong just like motherships are more expensive then privateers to reach the same amount of structural integrity per section).
Furthermore considering how much peds are involved in privateer and mothership upgrades there should always be a quest/mission chain that allows to upgrade an existing ship into a higher shipclass while carrying its existing total structural integrity over into the new type - eg. privateer -> battle class destroyer -> aniara class mothership -> omega class mothership -> etc.

It sounds like you want your investment to be protected forever, or a long time. I wouldn't count on it. Take a look at what is happening in the rest of the game, particularly hunting.

It sounds like you want your investment to be protected forever, or a long time. I wouldn't count on it. Take a look at what is happening in the rest of the game, particularly hunting.

So far i have not yet received what i invested in, nor has anyone else who bought motherships.

Sales promise was shields, torpedos and more gun turrets as well as an advanced reactor system for shipmanagement all of which are still missing close to 6 years after the sale along with all the base functionality that space was supposed to receive like space mining and no riskfree ways of travel between planets making si upgrades for spaceships mandatory.

Before we talk about 'protected' investments there need to be some basics for made investments in place.

And the upgrade quests that i was suggesting are basically the same as all the upgrade missions mindark is recently releasing for armors and weapons.

This would kill Arkadia for me. Now the warp fee is like pissing in the sea since i hunt a lot before i travel. Increasing my cost lile that would make me and many others just stay and kill the only living planet partner left (arkadia). No put back free interplanetary teleporters to save the planets. One auction house without transport fee would help to.

This would kill Arkadia for me. Now the warp fee is like pissing in the sea since i hunt a lot before i travel. Increasing my cost lile that would make me and many others just stay and kill the only living planet partner left (arkadia). No put back free interplanetary teleporters to save the planets. One auction house without transport fee would help to.

Remove all TP's ! :cool:
The last poll on that matter had a clear voting ;)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?217198-Remove-TP-s-!&highlight=ban+teleporter

I think that by now it's obvious that space either needs to go or a heavy redesign. My only concern is that to keep 1% of the population happy the other 99% has to literally suffer the current layout.

I wish it had worked, I really do. But it didn't and if the price to pay for a healthier game platform is to crush someone's investment then I'm sorry but it should be done.

Maybe it's time to hold a poll "space: redesign or remove", and force MA to do something whatever is the outcome. I'm happy with either as long as something is done.

Planet partners are struggling and space is as empty as it can be.

NM8216j.gif

EDIT: I didn't want to sound arrogant or anything :(

Last edited:
I think that by now it's obvious that space either needs to go or a heavy redesign. My only concern is that to keep 1% of the population happy the other 99% has to literally suffer the current layout.

I wish it had worked, I really do. But it didn't and if the price to pay for a healthier game platform is to crush someone's investment then I'm sorry but it should be done.

Maybe it's time to hold a poll "space: redesign or remove", and force MA to do something whatever is the outcome. I'm happy with either as long as something is done.

Planet partners are struggling and space is as empty as it can be.

NM8216j.gif

Could not agreed more. Most sane people realize this by now. I wonder why MA still haven't pulled the plug. They can't wait until it's only calypso left. Then it's to late :/ I'd really like to support all the planet partners much more but this space hassle kills the joy for me.

at the price of ruining peoples MS business? idiot.

:laugh:

Yes. As I wrote many times before, MA should give them their money back, apologize and scrap the whole "space" thing. It was a stupid idea from the start and as many threads have shown over the years has not improved.

Why oh why are all threads about development for space always brought down to a few same old faces bitching about space existing at all ? Even to claiming it never had part in MA's gameplan.

The name of the game may give us a clue here as to there long term aims.
Project Entropia renamed to Entropia Universe.
Ever stopped to wonder why ?
Ever seen a universe without space between planets ?

Just because MA has taken longer to get around to developing it (after initial sale of spacecraft) does not mean they don't intend to.
If you don't like a planet you don't go there, well if you don't like space feel free to ignore it, but many of us like space, others don't mind it and see it as a relevant part of the UNIVERSE.
A Very Vocal Few think if they shout long and loud they will convince us all and also MA that space is irrelevant to a game who's name demands it's presence.
Basically you play your game how you see fit don't expect to dictate how we should play.

Hopefully we will get some content to make space more interesting, missions we were promised but have yet to see, maybe if MA get it right, some of the doubters may even come to like it themselves. Not long ago similar complaints were made about the introduction of additional planets, some of which are now the planet of choice for many players.

The joy of Entropia Universe is that it offers something for us all, so I would politely request that unless people have something constructive to say on any given topic (including space) that they refrain from typing the same tired old complaints. This is not a one size fits just you game, this is probably one of the most diverse I have ever played. Let's celebrate that and work together to give some positive ideas and feedback in the hopes of improving the game for it's present players and to attract more players to come join us.

Now can we please get back on topic and give some ideas on how space can be improved, because I am sure MA intend it to remain part of the game, after all many of the larger investors have ped there, do they really want those players to give up and leave ?

Why oh why are all threads about development for space always brought down to a few same old faces bitching about space existing at all ? Even to claiming it never had part in MA's gameplan.

Just because MA has taken longer to get around to developing it (after initial sale of spacecraft) does not mean they don't intend to.
If you don't like a planet you don't go there, well if you don't like space feel free to ignore it, but many of us like space, others don't mind it and see it as a relevant part of the UNIVERSE.
A Very Vocal Few think if they shout long and loud they will convince us all and also MA that space is irrelevant to a game who's name demands it's presence.
Basically you play your game how you see fit don't expect to dictate how we should play.

Hopefully we will get some content to make space more interesting, missions we were promised but have yet to see, maybe if MA get it right, some of the doubters may even come to like it themselves. Not long ago similar complaints were made about the introduction of additional planets, some of which are now the planet of choice for many players.

The joy of Entropia Universe is that it offers something for us all, so I would politely request that unless people have something constructive to say on any given topic (including space) that they refrain from typing the same tired old complaints. This is not a one size fits just you game, this is probably one of the most diverse I have ever played. Let's celebrate that and work together to give some positive ideas and feedback in the hopes of improving the game for it's present players and to attract more players to come join us.

Now can we please get back on topic and give some ideas on how space can be improved, because I am sure MA intend it to remain part of the game, after all many of the larger investors have ped there, do they really want those players to give up and leave ?

Why are the only ones that want space around heavily invested there? I can totally see that I would want to protect my investment to so I understand that part but you should realize that you are pretty much alone by now? What I don't understand is why you guys don't sell the crap now before they shut it down. It can't be long until they do that now anyways.

Why are the only ones that want space around heavily invested there? I can totally see that I would want to protect my investment to so I understand that part but you should realize that you are pretty much alone by now? What I don't understand is why you guys don't sell the crap now before they shut it down. It can't be long until they do that now anyways.

Lol there are plenty of people who arent complete sour grapes who arent invested heavily in space who see that its apart of the game and its here to stay. Tough shit if you dont like it.

All the investors want space to improve, bring more fun and excitement to the universe. Space is hella boring currently due to the lack of different monsters, different weapons, space mining, defensive tactics, reasons for space police to exist ect.

Why would you whinge about potential IMPROVEMENTS that benefit everyone including the little guy, planet partners and spacecraft owners. You are insufferable. Anyone with an actual head screwed on there shoulders sees your arguments for what they are. Bloody stupid.

Just because there is a select few extremely arrogant and vocal posters on PCF that agree with you doesn't mean the vast mass majority does.

:scratch2:

I really hoped you may have troubled to read what I wrote, and stopped banging on your broken drum.

Space is not just about the few investors, it is not just about those who avail themselves of the various warp services.
Add up all the hunters that spend time 'space hunting' (Yes they do hunt in space, check Entropia life), add the pirates, the pirate hunters, the crews of the ships that offer skill services, hunting runs etc and you are talking not a few dozen, not even a few hundred players, but literally thousands who use space by their own choice, to play the game as they see fit.

Why should they be deprived of their chosen game play just because it does not suit you. That is akin to saying mining should be banned, as it prevents crafters from getting their ingredients from a machine instantly. An idea I am sure you would all ridicule if actually suggested. Yet having to find/buy resources is just as 'timewasting' to a pure crafter, as flying through space to reach a destination is in your opinion.

So I ask again that unless you have something new and positive to contribute, that you stop spoiling constructive threads with your personal dislike of a single aspect of the game. We have all heard it before, we get that you don't like space, but we don't need to hear it every 5 minutes. For yours is not the only opinion that matters here. MA can clearly see for themselves the numbers that use space by choice rather than necessity, and if they think it is time to develop it then I guess their stats show that it could profit them and enhance the game.

I really hoped you may have troubled to read what I wrote, and stopped banging on your broken drum.

Space is not just about the few investors, it is not just about those who avail themselves of the various warp services.
Add up all the hunters that spend time 'space hunting' (Yes they do hunt in space, check Entropia life), add the pirates, the pirate hunters, the crews of the ships that offer skill services, hunting runs etc and you are talking not a few dozen, not even a few hundred players, but literally thousands who use space by their own choice, to play the game as they see fit.

Why should they be deprived of their chosen game play just because it does not suit you. That is akin to saying mining should be banned, as it prevents crafters from getting their ingredients from a machine instantly. An idea I am sure you would all ridicule if actually suggested. Yet having to find/buy resources is just as 'timewasting' to a pure crafter, as flying through space to reach a destination is in your opinion.

So I ask again that unless you have something new and positive to contribute, that you stop spoiling constructive threads with your personal dislike of a single aspect of the game. We have all heard it before, we get that you don't like space, but we don't need to hear it every 5 minutes. For yours is not the only opinion that matters here. MA can clearly see for themselves the numbers that use space by choice rather than necessity, and if they think it is time to develop it then I guess their stats show that it could profit them and enhance the game.

For once I actually agree with you.

Back