Mindark treating players differently (auction mistake, the following)

helena

Elite
Society
Crimson devils
Helene Helena Fra
Dear forum,

As Mindark choosed to totally ignore me and just dont answer my support cases(as there is nothing decent to answer i guess), i would like to know if i'm the only one here that think that the difference of treatment between Me and Mary jane, after we both got the same issue, is just unbelivable.

For those that are not aware :

Almost one year before, i accidentally puted 20 CLd on auc at the price of 20 AUD and lost about 3000USD
A few weeks before, MaryJane accidentally puted 1950 aud at the price of 1 and lost about 13000usd

We both sent a support case immediatly
- In my case, support answered me there is nothing they can do and i got screwed.
- In MaryJane case, support insta locked the "lucky" buyer, that pressured him enough to give back the AUDs.
If support had acted the same in my case, the outcome could have been totally different and i trully believe they did the good move with Mary jane so now i have to ask...

Why are we treated differently?
Is 3000 usd loss not enough for a lock but 13000 is enough?
Is it because of nationality? because of what??

As i m really tired and that lack of consideration from Mindark is definitly consuming me, i ll put all my high end gear for sale the 25th January, celebrating the 1 year of my mistake..

it is because mary jane (known exploiter) has been crying out loud and making big noise and telling MA she is going to go to a lawyer and so on. they felt pressurized and "asked" the banned guy to return them, which he kindly did for whatever reason. i would have let that shithead exploiter bleed out.
you need to cry a lot to get MAs attention.

If you ask me, the difference between 3000 USD and 13000 USD is not only 10000 USD but the likeliness to become a law case which could jeopardize the whole business.

:wise:Favoritism.
I was surprised they took action on the MaryJanes case. Here comes the fallout.

Knew it would come to bite them in their ass.

And i m not talking about the guy that got my clds that already scammed other players the same way with auc orders and many other things while mary jane buyer was just someone lucky enough to clic auction, not even an order

Unfortunately we don't know what was said behind closed doors, but yes they should not say trades are final and then once there law suit on horizon they change their minds. Especially has so many has done this before and lost out.

I also think its shame that 2 SOCS got to act like children, buy dragging their shit onto the forum at every chance they get. Even when this could effect one their members one day.

Let's not get into a pvp flame war. Helena is asking a legit question here and I am sure many will like to see a clear answer to this. If rules are different for everyone than this game will no longer get the trust it needs.

Is it because of nationality?

Possibly yes, but not because of yours or that of MaryJane.

I don't know all the details but the reaction is usually different when someone east of Curzon line is involved.

Let's not get into a pvp flame war. Helena is asking a legit question here and I am sure many will like to see a clear answer to this. If rules are different for everyone than this game will no longer get the trust it needs.

All avatars are equal, but some avatars are more equal than others.

Mindark's never treated every avatar as equally as they claim to... Lots have lost that 'trust' you speak of already... Many never had it in the first place... Either way, just another day in Entropia...

(can't count how many 'favors' Mindark's given to some and not others over the years... Maybe this thread will get you a HOF :) )

Maybe it's time for Entropia Participants to draft something similar to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Declaration_of_Avatar_Rights

Last edited:
If you take all the emotion out of all this, you can see how this is likely not a difference of behavior at all but perhaps a problem with PCF AND we are focusing on the wrong problem. There are a lot of assumptions in these threads driven by over the top emotion.

Helena's case:
  • Sold CLDs for AUDs price, lost 30k peds
  • Went to an order immediately by a lowballer (the system allows this, though ethically questionable, and UI needs revision)
  • Made support case - support said all trades are final (did you have a ton of folks create a support case on your behalf to raise awareness? wouldnt have changed the outcome but that seems to be what you are focused on)

MJ's case
  • Put ~2000 AUDs for the price of 1 but didn't go to order
  • Player buys them on auction unknowingly (his words)
  • MJ makes thread on PCF with panicked tone on PCF for help (but phrases it as though it was a scam order)
  • Mindark locks AUD buyer to investigate (this is likely due to all support cases created as a result of said thread, as noted in said thread [speculative] -- which has happened a lot to Xane, this is mindark's response to many support cases)
  • Player gives back AUDs willingly (HIS WORDS)

Everyone is assuming he was given an ultimatium. Both parties reject this claim. The difference seems to be that you had someone who was not willing to reverse the trade (who has a history of this), and MJ did. There is zero proof (and much to the contrary) that the investigation lock resulted in the player giving back the items.

Can't say much for your case really except that the system is not designed appropriately to prevent these kinds of mistakes or at least reduce the frequency.

And before we go there... I've had similar issues, just not with deeds - as noted in Gewritter's Gold rush thread.

Everything else is just PCF noise.

Last edited:
it still seems to be fact that they were investigating in MJs case and not in Helenas. Thanks to investigation Pitbull got temp banned, increasing the pressure on him. Didnt happen in Helenas case.

If you take all the emotion out of all this, you can see how this is likely not a difference of behavior at all but perhaps a problem with PCF AND we are focusing on the wrong problem. There are a lot of assumptions in these threads driven by over the top emotion.

Helena's case:
  • Sold CLDs for AUDs price, lost 30k peds
  • Went to an order immediately by a lowballer (the system allows this, though ethically questionable, and UI needs revision)
  • Made support case - support said all trades are final (did you have a ton of folks create a support case on your behalf to raise awareness?)

MJ's case
  • Put ~2000 AUDs for the price of 1 but didn't go to order
  • Player buys them on auction unknowingly (his words)
  • MJ makes thread on PCF with panicked tone on PCF for help (but phrases it as though it was a scam order)
  • Mindark locks AUD buyer to investigate (this is likely due to all support cases created as a result of said thread, as noted in said thread [speculative] -- which has happened a lot to Xane, this is mindark's response to many support cases)
  • Player gives back AUDs willingly (HIS WORDS)

Everyone is assuming he was given an ultimatium. Both parties reject this claim. The difference seems to be that you had someone who was not willing to reverse the trade (who has a history of this), and MJ did. There is zero proof (and much to the contrary) that the investigation lock resulted in the player giving back the items.

Can't say much for your case really except that the system is not designed appropriately to prevent these kinds of mistakes or at least reduce the frequency.

And before we go there... I've had similar issues, just not with deeds - as noted in Gewritter's Gold rush thread.

Everything else is just PCF noise.

Tell me what seems the most suspicious to you, that would lead u to lock a player for investigations:
- Someone that place tricky auction orders, with multiple avatars, 24/7 for years?
or
- Someone that just buy something from auction?

What investigation can you possibly do on someone that just buy something listed on auction???

The only fact is Mindark helped maryjane by making pressure by locking someone that did nothing wrong and dont helped me at all when the same occured to me

Tell me what seems the most suspicious to you, that would lead u to lock a player for investigations:
- Someone that place tricky auction orders, with multiple avatars, 24/7 for years?
or
- Someone that just buy something from auction?

What investigation can you possibly do on someone that just buy something listed on auction???

The only fact is Mindark helped maryjane by making pressure by locking someone that did nothing wrong and dont helped me at all when the same occured to me

You have no proof of any of this. You are speculating something that both parties have already said didn't happen. You're trying to make sense of something that is in plain sight. I will refer you to Xane's complaint about constantly getting locked for aimbot claims. They can investigate anyone in this manner.

You are deflecting. This has nothing to do with people running 24/7 avatars (which they have said is OK but at your own risk). You can't prove alts if they have unique IDs. And this is ALL off topic.

You have no proof of any of this. You are speculating something that both parties have already said didn't happen. You're trying to make sense of something that is in plain sight.

the ban on MJ case is fact and the ban missing on Helenas case is fact as well. dont see much speculation here.
and that a temp ban (especially as MA never states the reason OR duration) creates pressure is a very obvious logical follow-up to that situation. if intended or not.

the ban on MJ case is fact and the ban missing on Helenas case is fact as well. dont see much speculation here.
and that a temp ban (especially as MA never states the reason OR duration) creates pressure is a very obvious logical follow-up to that situation. if intended or not.

There were no bans (bans are punitive). There was a temp lock for investigation. Mindark does this all the time. I won't argue this further.

The party at the other end of MJ's case gave his back willingly. I understand the pressure part but that all goes out the window if they've come to terms and rejected the coercion. To claim otherwise, means you think the buyer of those AUDs is a liar.

I don't think the temp lock was necessary and they should take the blame for having a system that makes these types of mistakes very easy. But we also have no idea the amount of input, support cases, etc that resulted in thinking that it was. Same goes for you.

Last edited:
atomicstorm has made a good synopsis above in post #17.

helena you sold 20 dogs for the price of 20 racehorses, Mary Jane sold several stable full of racehorses for the price of one horse.

I know the difference is minor when you realise your own mistake, and dont think I dont have sympathy because I do - a lot.

But there is a difference. Personally, I think something should have been done for your case too and for what its worth it is a more than a shame it didn't happen. :(

atomicstorm has made a good synopsis above in post #17.

helena you sold 20 dogs for the price of 20 racehorses, Mary Jane sold several stable full of racehorses for the price of one horse.

I know the difference is minor when you realise your own mistake, and dont think I dont have sympathy because I do - a lot.

But there is a difference. Personally, I think something should have been done for your case too and for what its worth it is a more than a shame it didn't happen. :(

3000 peds can mean as much to one person as 10,000 peds means to another (in general).

The party at the other end of MJ's case gave his back willingly. I understand the pressure part but that all goes out the window if they've come to terms and rejected the coercion. To claim otherwise, means you think the buyer of those AUDs is a liar.

The fact that he didn't come on the forum and say anything until he was locked doesn't look good.

Was helena's buyer not locked and "investigated"?

If so, then I see two possible conclusions.

1) The monetary loss was not high enough to trigger MA's radar

2) There wasn't enough buzz on PCF / threats of legal action etc.

If he was temp-locked, then most likely he simply refused to give up the PEDs. This also implies that Pitbull was not given an ultimatum...

Was helena's buyer not locked and "investigated"?

If so, then I see two possible conclusions.

1) The monetary loss was not high enough to trigger MA's radar

2) There wasn't enough buzz on PCF / threats of legal action etc.

If he was temp-locked, then most likely he simply refused to give up the PEDs. This also implies that Pitbull was not given an ultimatum...

He wasnt temp locked the few weeks after the incident. This is exactly why i need to understand why players are not treated the same.
there was zillion of post on pcf about it so it made a lot of noise

We drafted a very formal letter for Helena, not sure if it ever went though.

The difference here is that MJ - made a serious mistake and got lucky. The buyer Pitbull, acted very reputably and returned the deeds. MJ didn't really deserve that degree of luck but this time it was on his side.

Helena, did not create enough fuss, and was scammed by the auction system. For MA to have intervened would have been an admission of the AH failing; they would not want to do that.

We drafted a very formal letter for Helena, not sure if it ever went though.

The difference here is that MJ - made a serious mistake and got lucky. The buyer Pitbull, acted very reputably and returned the deeds. MJ didn't really deserve that degree of luck but this time it was on his side.

Helena, did not create enough fuss, and was scammed by the auction system. For MA to have intervened would have been an admission of the AH failing; they would not want to do that.

Yeah i m not really talking about that part because i dont know what i can disclose or not.. but anyway this is months after and the last answer i received was no answer. But the buyer of mary jane have been locked before he acted "reputably" . If wirlo had been locked the same way, he would probably acted exactly the same as Pitbull becoz of the fear of losing everything..

To Helena,

Do you expect to get a clear answer from Mindark here? Is that the reason that you created this thread? Cause i dont thinks thats gonna happen..

I have the same feelings about MA treating players differently..

Months ago i sent a support ticket to MA to ask them if the player registry include the banned avatars.
I asked this question because the shop next to mine was abandoned for years and that was impossible to join the owner.

I got no answer about the avatar himself (privacy) but they told me that banned avatar are not removed from registry. (I was screwed... no way to know if the owner is banned or not)

Few weeks after my support case closed, Anyzteoz had the shop for sell..
I didn't want to start a conspiracy theory but i'm still perplexed about MA's integrity.

I tried to track PL HARNAS BORG for the last 3-4 years but no luck..

My ticket closed:
2016-07-27 14:16 Entropia Universe Support:

Shop for sell:
09-23-2016, 16:37
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?288575-2-Shops-on-Calypso-!!!

Last edited:
MA should not do anything about auction mistakes... If you guys drunk or on drugs or simple distracted by other things - maybe you should not log in in to EU?!

To Helena,

Do you expect to get a clear answer from Mindark here? Is that the reason that you created this thread? Cause i dont thinks thats gonna happen..

Only thing I predict happening is that someone will use this as an excuse for his next bad loot period :laugh:

Dear forum,

As Mindark choosed to totally ignore me and just dont answer my support cases(as there is nothing decent to answer i guess), i would like to know if i'm the only one here that think that the difference of treatment between Me and Mary jane, after we both got the same issue, is just unbelivable.

For those that are not aware :

Almost one year before, i accidentally puted 20 CLd on auc at the price of 20 AUD and lost about 3000USD
A few weeks before, MaryJane accidentally puted 1950 aud at the price of 1 and lost about 13000usd

We both sent a support case immediatly
- In my case, support answered me there is nothing they can do and i got screwed.
- In MaryJane case, support insta locked the "lucky" buyer, that pressured him enough to give back the AUDs.
If support had acted the same in my case, the outcome could have been totally different and i trully believe they did the good move with Mary jane so now i have to ask...

Why are we treated differently?
Is 3000 usd loss not enough for a lock but 13000 is enough?
Is it because of nationality? because of what??

As i m really tired and that lack of consideration from Mindark is definitly consuming me, i ll put all my high end gear for sale the 25th January, celebrating the 1 year of my mistake..

Hi Helena

Please read this https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290721-270-PED-mistake

You are totally wasting your time here. They are hyprocrites <angry face> both MA and people on here

Back