Focus Blow and Increase crit dmg buff items

Thanks, I see the distinction you're making here. Perhaps the first post needs to be slightly more explicit in it being only offensive crit buffs under discussion, not defensive ones?
I'll amend the thread title to make that more obvious, and remove the offtopic posts.
Yeah well, I think it was clear enough from the start if one reads the opening post and applies some context, and like Soko says it has been running totally fine for 130 replies with everyone understanding what's discussed. But sure, there are obviously people on this forum not playing as actively or not keeping up with what's going on also so it was destined to happen at some point I guess.

I was never good at estimating prices, though I did do an analysis that showed the ares rings were all grossly undervalued. That was pre loot 2.0 though. Now that everyone has one, did the bar get adjusted? (does it in theory make my imp ares worthless?) Mob choice requires more thinking, so dps items might have value again in some situations above traditional dps.

Thinking about it, maybe i should be discarding my imp to test :dunno:

Its either complex or super simple. I am either not able to understand it or i am overthinking it.
Return wise at least so far i see no difference to my returns. will be posting personal results soon on my website.

About bolded part - none of the items here in this thread has never produced more loot!

Your own future returns.

Last edited:
Your own future returns, and that of $5 and girts will certainly have an impact on the value of these items, of that I am sure. It will be interesting to see how you guys fare when evolving from loot 1.0 to 2.0.

What I liked, previously, about this game was MA said the loot mechanism had remained the same since the beginning of the game and never would be changed: except for some minor tweaks. Maybe this has remained so, but how they have worded 2.0 it seems more than a tweak and a complete overall. Time will tell in that regard, but it makes me nervous as a previous investor in gear and probably future investor. I like stability when putting $10k+ into a virtual world / currency like I have in the past.

I over-simplified by saying focus blow items produce more loot, but I do think most players viewed focus blow item as providing more damage, therefore cheaper kills, and hence more loot as an overall percentage related to costs. If their impact has been lessened in this regard their value, you would expect, can only go one way.

Well i can tell loot mechanism has definitely changed somewhat. And it will take me a while to get used to. For now i get a day with super shitty returns then gain all that and little extra back on the following day. 1 week in my eyes is not a long enough period of grind. I really do dislike people causing panic by giving their returns/loot experience after 1-2 days shooting. I have cycled maybe 150k peds since loot 2.0 and still i feel i have cycled a fraction of what is needed to even start to understand the loots. I will post my results as i usually do on my website but i cant stress enough how small of a sample it will be and in reality wont really show anything much about buff item actual worth.
So far we have seen some changes in loot, we have seen the added bonus loot and we have seen "deflected" messages. We also have seen that UL guns are still the same and still dropping (lc300 recently). We have seen big loots - 15k warlock (!) last time WL07 gave loot over 5k peds was 3 years ago? Battle sim bonus pool has seen some changes too. And today we saw manufacturing hof on shrapnel (!?!?!). But we are still yet to see new implementations on the speciliased professions and god knows what else. Times are very interesting and i am excited to be a part of this with some of the (still) best gear in the game.

I am eager to know my own results too. I want to see it in perspective to old loot and so on. I will try my best but ofc i am not a data nerd (and nerd is a compliment in this case, i would love to have the brain he has) like 5$. Speaking about him. He just recently changed to melee again so he can only compare to his old results with it when he just maxed it. Also its not millions cycled so would still think its low.
About smilgs - well we know he hasnt adapted at all and only good month he had was when he left calypso. I dont expect to see better than -15k loss for him this month. Especially (spoiler) since it feels like u need the right gear for right mob and viridian is awfully underpowered for anything above 2k hp (w/o enhancers). Just my 2pec. Lets see in a couple of months. Meanwhile if u see high end gear for sale and for low prices then grab them like hotcakes.

Cheers
Soko

Last edited:
Well i can tell loot mechanism has definitely changed somewhat. And it will take me a while to get used to. For now i get a day with super shitty returns then gain all that and little extra back on the following day. 1 week in my eyes is not a long enough period of grind. I really do dislike people causing panic by giving their returns/loot experience after 1-2 days shooting. I have cycled maybe 150k peds since loot 2.0 and still i fee i have cycled a fraction of what is needed to even start to understand the loots. I will post my results as i usually do on my website but i cant stress enough how small of a sample it will be and in reality wont really show anything much about buff item actual worth.
So far we have seen some changes in loot, we have seen the added bonus loot and we have seen "deflected" messages. We also have seen that UL guns are still the same and still dropping (lc300 recently). We have seen big loots - 15k warlock (!) last time WL07 gave loot over 5k peds was 3 years ago? Battle sim bonus pool has seen some changes too. And today we saw manufacturing hof on shrapnel (!?!?!). But we are still yet to see new implementations on the speciliased professions and god know what else. Times are very interesting and i am excited to be a part of this with some of the (still) best gear in the game.

I am eager to know my own results too. I want to see it in perspective to old loot and so on. I will try my best but ofc i am not a data nerd (and nerd is a compliment in this case, i would love to have the brain he has) like 5$. Speaking about him. He just recently changed to melee againso he can only compare to his old results with it when he just maxed it. Also its not millions cycled so would still think its low.
About smilgs - well we know he hasnt adapted at all and only good month he had was wehn he left calypos. I dont expect to see better than -15k loss for him this month. Especially (spoiler) since it feels like u need the right gear for right mob and viridian is awfully underpowered for anything above 2k hp (w/o enhancers). Just my 2pec. Lets see in a comple of months. Meanwhile if u see high end gear for sale and for low prices then grab them like hotcakes.

Cheers
Soko

I think it's difficult to conclude anything.

Last edited:
If you want to edit the thread then name it like this please - "Focus Blow and Increase crit dmg buff items"

/mod note/ np, done

I figured this thread could use a bump with the introduction of 2.0...

Now that all Focused Blow and Increased Crit Damage buff items are worthless, are people TTing these items?

If you plan on doing so, I'll take them off your hands for +1 just so you get a little something back.

I figured this thread could use a bump with the introduction of 2.0...

Now that all Focused Blow and Increased Crit Damage buff items are worthless, are people TTing these items?

If you plan on doing so, I'll take them off your hands for +1 just so you get a little something back.
Isn't that mk1 scope still on auction for +15k or something like that? :) I can tell you are joking but people are still offering this sort of item, regularly, for pre-2.0 prices. ;)

Isn't that mk1 scope still on auction for +15k or something like that? :) I can tell you are joking but people are still offering this sort of item, regularly, for pre-2.0 prices. ;)

Oh, I'm definitely not joking! I'll take your crit and focused blow items on the cheap for sure!

Interesting Thread. Subbed.

You can add to the list the Summer 2018 Ring. It is left-handed like the Easter 2016, and has 1FB. (On a side note, how does the summering ring 2018 affect the Easter 2016 since the Easter is no longer the only LH ring with FB)

Also, now that shared loot mobs are based on input in versus damage, FB and CD items stopped being ped makers, and are now truly only ped savers as was probably intended. And I am glad for this, because now I can finally do the feffoid pit daily without getting my ped card pillaged by someone stacking FB and CD.

Back