Focus Blow and Increase crit dmg buff items

duncis

Stalker
Society
AO
Inguts Sokolade Spurz
Hello forum!
So during recent sales thread a heated disccussion started about the value on the mentioned items. This then later continued in calling names and more, so i figured to make this thread and see what people think.

Intention is purely to discus item values
nothing less, nothing more, try not to be biased and overlook facts

I will try to list items of interest here and make reply so we can gather some info and hopefully get rid of the idea - i think its worth this cuz i just think so.

FB items:

• Easter ring 2016 - 3 FB, 8% crit dmg, defense buffs - 15% (Left hand)
  • Summer ring 2016 - 2FB, 8% faster reload, 25% blp,laser,melee skill gain
  • Ares ring FB/Reload speed/crit dmg
  • Perfected 1.2/14/14
  • Augmented 1/12/12
  • Modified 0.8/10/10
  • Improved 0.6/8/8
  • Adjusted 0.4/6/6
  • Unique Theia 1/12/12
  • Ranger scope mk1 - 1.0 FB
  • Ranger scope mk2 - 2.0 FB
  • Deathbringers crown - 1.0 FB
  • Viceroy (account bound)
  • Adjusted 0.2 - 6300 PED
  • Improved 0.4 - 5552 PED + adj viceroy
  • Modified 1.0 - 5391 PED + imp viceroy (17.2k total)

Upcoming:
  • Mayhem Scintillator Viridian (lvl95)
  • Mayhem Scintillator Heliotrope (lvl75)
  • Mayhem Scintillator Cobalt (lvl55) first one sold for 20k peds
  • Mayhem Scintillator Azure (lvl35)

Crit dmg items:
(not including rings that are mentioned above)
  • Mk1 sight - 10% Last open sale for 26k here.
  • Mk2 sight - 20%
  • EST set of 7 - 60% (limited)
  • Halloween ring 2015 - 13%
  • Unique Helios ring - 10%
  • Christmas ring 2015 - 12%
  • Unique Tethys ring - 15%
  • Rage 35 20%
  • Rage 25 20%
  • Rage 20 20%

Is there anything i have forgotten? feel free to add or correct if i got any of the values wrong.

can we put price tags on these?
*recent sale history is best indicator imo - shows how much one was ready to pay or sell for, doesnt mean the next one will be selling/buying for that but its a good indicator in general.
*theoretical - what if = is secondary indicator. if well argued it can be a good idea.
* "i would pay for" = is third indicator. If u say this then be very very fair on it. Please refrain from trolling - (for example - "i would pay 100 peds for mk2 sight" )because clearly everyone would have one if thats what they would go for right?

Have a good day forum!
Soko

Last edited:
Very well compiled list of mod viceroy cost to make by San:

Market rates are in flux, this is from the latest snapshot. Armor set markups are just taken from the male harness.

[Adjusted Nanites]*14 = 14 * 1,00 PED * 31600% = 4424 PED (up from ca. 20k%)
[Musca Harness (M,L)] Set = 40 PED * 163% = 65,20 PED
[Bismuth Plating] 700 = 700 * 0,60 PED * 428% = 1797,60 PED
[Ospra Ingot] 210 = 210 * 0,06 PED * 110% = 13,86 PED
=> total 6300 PED

[Improved Nanites] 14 = 14 * 1,00 PED * 25000% = 3500 PED
[Canis Harness (M,L)] Set = 120 PED * 198% = 237,60 PED
[Banite Ingot] 70 = 70 * 0,24 PED * 105% = 17,64 PED
=> total 5552 PED

[Modified Nanites] 14 = 14 * 1,00 PED * 23300% = 3262 PED
[Lupus Harness (M,L)] Set = 180 PED * 151% = 271,80 PED
[Zulax Ingot] 28 = 28 * 1,95 PED * 110% = 60,06 PED
=> total 5391 PED

Last edited:
Rage 20, 25 and 35 (UL) all give +20% critical damage.

Adjusted viceroy gives +0.2% critchance, improved gives +0.4% and modified gives +1.0%. Must have all 7 parts.

And I guess you don't count pills/consumables into this thread right?

EDIT: Also the thing with easter ring is it's left handed, I don't know why people use summer ring as comparison on price checks. Makes a huge difference...

It all depends on your throughput and how you do valuation. Do you price an item based on savings for 1 year? 3 years? 5 years (stupid)? Whatever it is, it needs to be consistent. You don't get to set it at 3 years when you sell and then 1 year when you want to buy. This up selling and downplaying items based on your side of the fence makes one very shady.

As for viceroy, they are account bound, so no point discussing these really. More so their components..

Mod viceroy costing 200ish x 42 plus 2100 bismuth plating at 400% plus 300 to 500ped of misc. I paid far less but that's current price.

Summer ring is 28kish currently. The 25% skill buff is not the same as a 25% skill pill.

Mk1 scope imo should be no more than 18k. If it sells for more, well, good for them I suppose. That's more than my 1 year savings rate. Someone with much higher turnover will have a different opinion.

Imp ares is around 300, mod is around 4 to 5k, Aug is 8 to 10k currently. Not sure the adjusted ever dropped...

Est is TT * 2000%. Lot of sets up for sale though. I'd say 2k% is the floor price at the moment. It's still a fairly in demand armor set.

Just remember that you don't manufacture peds with these tools, you save them. You get to grind more for less peds meaning collectively there are less and less peds in the pool per time unit. There are no ped makers. There are ped savers.

Last edited:
It all depends on your throughput and how you do valuation. Do you price an item based on savings for 1 year? 3 years? 5 years (stupid)? Whatever it is, it needs to be consistent. You don't get to set it at 3 years when you sell and then 1 year when you want to buy. This up selling and downplaying items based on your side of the fence makes one very shady.

As for viceroy, they are account bound, so no point discussing these really. More so their components..

Mod viceroy costing 200ish x 42 plus 2100 bismuth plating at 400% plus 300 to 500ped of misc. I paid far less but that's current price.

Summer ring is 28kish currently. The 25% skill buff is not the same as a 25% skill pill.

Mk1 scope imo should be no more than 18k. If it sells for more, well, good for them I suppose. That's more than my 1 year savings rate. Someone with much higher turnover will have a different opinion.

Imp ares is around 300, mod is around 4 to 5k, Aug is 8 to 10k currently. Not sure the adjusted ever dropped...

Est is TT * 2000%. Lot of sets up for sale though. I'd say 2k% is the floor price at the moment. It's still a fairly in demand armor set.

Just remember that you don't manufacture peds with these tools, you save them. You get to grind more for less peds meaning collectively there are less and less peds in the pool per time unit. There are no ped makers. There are ped savers.

Very good points and i agree on most! Especially on the fact that it depends on player how much he is actually playing so for some hardcore grinders one item could pay off much quicker than for others.
This is very good and reasonable reply u made!
Lets keep the constructive ideas coming!

Adjusted did drop but i only know of one, sadly didnt save the link or i could prove it. Someone else might have it thou.
Would you be kind to explain current prices to make adj/imp/mod viceroy? I understand its a bit different cuz its account bound but maybe it holds some ground for item value?

I value it the same as I do the mk1 scope. Decay is in general less than the scope with general use. My Def cost are still sub 0.9% but then my evade is 63 plus the bonus 20% from the armor and that puts me near cap.

I paid a lot less than the current market rate.. thankfully.

The value of the armor is the armor you sell because you replaced it plus having effectively an mk1 scope that doesn't decay if you don't get hit. But if you do, ends up being less than the scope. I should probably decay test it. As durability is a % of max tt of the armor, it is pretty light on decay but I rarely fap at all. You can use it in shared loots but you can't most times with earth shock. It was a no brainer. I also love lazy hunting and don't want to backpeddle. That's stressful af.

I value it the same as I do the mk1 scope. Decay is in general less than the scope with general use. My Def cost are still sub 0.9% but then my evade is 63 plus the bonus 20% from the armor and that puts me near cap.

I paid a lot less than the current market rate.. thankfully.

The value of the armor is the armor you sell because you replaced it plus having effectively an mk1 scope that doesn't decay if you don't get hit. But if you do, ends up being less than the scope. I should probably decay test it. As durability is a % of max tt of the armor, it is pretty light on decay but I rarely fap at all. You can use it in shared loots but you can't most times with earth shock. It was a no brainer. I also love lazy hunting and don't want to backpeddle. That's stressful af.

The flip side is, you have to wear that armor to get the buff, none other. You also pay for it but can't sell it later.

Any prices set now could change in a week, month, year depending on droprate (5 imp ares dropped last 24 hours that are known), new rings easter, summer haloween 2017, and the possibility that as more current rings lose value as more drop, or that MA introduce something else to recharge strongbox sales (pendant, cockring... or whatever).

The price is what it is on the day, can't really set prices with more coming on a regular basis imo.

Last edited:
Op can you please keep the formatting consistent when listing focus blow / crit increase damage values per item so it's easier to read?

Thanks

I sold the rage 25 for 35k last fall.
Oddly I bought it here on the forums for 5k after no-one wanted it for awhile.

One of the most insane examples of the buff hype. Rage 25 even accompanied with maxed out Focused Blow does not beat the 1.7k ped and widely available Dante in either eco or dps. That someone paid 35k is absolutely mindboggling, huge grats on that sale Forgo.

One of the most insane examples of the buff hype. Rage 25 even accompanied with maxed out Focused Blow does not beat the 1.7k ped and widely available Dante in either eco or dps. That someone paid 35k is absolutely mindboggling, huge grats on that sale Forgo.

And sure is hype..... it works though. Get everyone addicted before decay being implemented.

Entropia is full of emotional purchases. You have to look at the math if you want to not be on the pointy end of catching the falling knife.

And sure is hype..... it works though. Get everyone addicted before decay being implemented.

Entropia is full of emotional purchases. You have to look at the math if you want to not be on the pointy end of catching the falling knife.

What does decay being implemented have to do with an amp that allready decays??

I have the very same amp but slightly bigger and I dont know how the mechanics in this game works but using that shitty eco and the crappy BL1950 I had firm consecutive returns around 108-109% for More then half a year.

What does decay being implemented have to do with an amp that allready decays??

I have the very same amp but slightly bigger and I dont know how the mechanics in this game works but using that shitty eco and the crappy BL1950 I had firm consecutive returns around 108-109% for More then half a year.

Thanks for not reading?

Una's comment was about buffs (it was the very first sentence) and my reply was on that, not the rest.

Good for you on the returns. Very few get that.

Last edited:
Thanks for not reading.

Una's comment was about buffs (it was the very first sentence) and so was my reply.
There sure is hype, however I didn't mean that I think everything is overpriced, in several cases the prices are completely justified looking at how much the items can save you on a daily basis. The Rage 25 example had me facepalming though. 1k-1.5k is more accurate imo. If someone sells for that is another story.

There sure is hype, however I didn't mean that I think everything is overpriced, in several cases the prices are completely justified looking at how much the items can save you on a daily basis. The Rage 25 example had me facepalming though. 1k-1.5k is more accurate imo. If someone sells for that is another story.

That's all I said also. That's always been my position.

So this amp is not as eco as dante yet someone was willing to pay 35k.
Now that gets me thinking of logic behind it. If i were a blp guy i would choose rage amp over danta if its for 5k, but if i would believe that game pays out for ur decay and eco respectively then maybe rage is worth even 35k. 20% in crit dmg is insane amount of free damage if you have decent focus blow buffs.
What i am saying is that maybe game considers ur loot at ur low eco but since u are buffed up - ur getting lots of free damage over a shitty eco. Just a thought, but makes sense of thats what the buffs are for and if they give u upper hand then its well worth much more pennies than we would think at first.

/Soko

wow wow wow

so reading between the lines i get this :2% focused blow buff worth less then shity inrceased crit dmg buff....just cause some moron overpaid big time for it.

just wow.

subscribing to this :)

cant wait to see more and more posts.

wow wow wow

so reading between the lines i get this :2% focused blow buff worth less then shity inrceased crit dmg buff....just cause some moron overpaid big time for it.

just wow.

subscribing to this :)

cant wait to see more and more posts.

Shitty increased critdamagebuff ??? :D

- Base crit chance is 2%.
- Base crit damage is 200%.

The relative improvement of +60% crit damage corresponds to +0.6% crit chance, this is why I think even though the EST is a nice armor I overreacted big time when they removed it from the trader and don't give a shit anymore. Improved ares gives you that +0.6% and that ring costs like 400 PED.

The +20% crit damage from unlimited rage amps would be comparable to +0.2% crit chance.

It's simplistic but its accurate, and that's how I analize new buffs.

or maybe just have to accept that there was no logic in that purchase, just buff obsession :)

since I was a member of 100%+ tt return club (further referred to as the CLUB although some call them "the goldens") for quite some time (approx 2 years), imho there are quite a few return theories that make sense:
* CLUB membership given to some top items for acquiring it first, I used to think that was the case with the mk2 set bought, then other items took the spotlight
* CLUB membership given according to where you are in the dpp/buff scale - as there are CLUB members not owning the Easter ring
* CLUB membership given by other kind of selection unrelated to equipment used - as there are owners of super buffs not part of the CLUB
any of them and a lot of others can be valid as there is no way to know except if you are MA :)

now "savings" wise and about the price of those items guess I already posted my buff calculations some time ago

as you see, the "savings" of using Easter ring on a modmerc + h204 is 4.42% or around 20k "savings" per year on approximately my levels of shooting
so "savings" wise a reasonable price is probably 60k with an expected ROI of 3 years
however, if you saw that getting it probably pushed you into the CLUB, it all depends on how long can you stay there - which makes the price relate to imagination rather than calculation.
I would definitely be pissed buying one of them for 300k and then finding I am still as out of the CLUB as I am now.
just my 2 cents
So this amp is not as eco as dante yet someone was willing to pay 35k.
Now that gets me thinking of logic behind it. If i were a blp guy i would choose rage amp over danta if its for 5k, but if i would believe that game pays out for ur decay and eco respectively then maybe rage is worth even 35k. 20% in crit dmg is insane amount of free damage if you have decent focus blow buffs.
What i am saying is that maybe game considers ur loot at ur low eco but since u are buffed up - ur getting lots of free damage over a shitty eco. Just a thought, but makes sense of thats what the buffs are for and if they give u upper hand then its well worth much more pennies than we would think at first.

/Soko

Reactions: DoA
EST allows combination with others, which cannot be said about rings for a serious buffer
also I prefer to compare it with mk2 sight which probably costs around 60k with plenty crazy buffers running around
* so 60k item: decays, and gives 20%
* the armor: does not decay if "exploited properly", and gives 60%
this is why it should be removed completely or get decayed like L items should (e.g. increasing speed of mobs and adding all the possible protections to it which is an improvement for an armor)
The relative improvement of +60% crit damage corresponds to +0.6% crit chance, this is why I think even though the EST is a nice armor I overreacted big time when they removed it from the trader and don't give a shit anymore. Improved ares gives you that +0.6% and that ring costs like 400 PED.

krogfan pls read what girts posted about savings/year 2% focused blow mk2 scope vs 20% crit dmg mk 2 sight and see why i say shitty crit dmg buff,or if u dont trust girts math u can do it yourself ......if u already overpaid for your crit dmg buff i can udnerstand why u keep posting crap about it.

krogfan pls read what girts posted about savings/year 2% focused blow mk2 scope vs 20% crit dmg mk 2 sight and see why i say shitty crit dmg buff,or if u dont trust girts math u can do it yourself ......if u already overpaid for your crit dmg buff i can udnerstand why u keep posting crap about it.

Ignorance is a bliss, isnt it??

PS: won my amp, wont sell it and I have no incentive at all to share anything with peoples like you.

Best of luck hunting :)

//Linzey

Last edited:
No sharing is way better than sharing wrong (misleading) info

So i guess ..... thank you

I'm sorry but these statements really worry me, not in what they say but in general implication that could be arrived at. Maybe i am misreading the overall point, but is the implication that nothing matters apart from being "in the club".

Now I believe you Lindzey own an internet cafe close to MA and that company people come to your establishment (something relayed to me by someone visiting there who met MA people while spending time there). While Girtsn in talking about "the club" made this statement * CLUB membership given by other kind of selection unrelated to equipment used - as there are owners of super buffs not part of the CLUB

Now i don't mean to accuse or anything but maybe you can explain what you mean without obviously letting secrets out. It is my perceived interpretation of the posts (which hopefully i am wrong) that worry me somewhat.

I thought he meant being in the Swedish club :laugh:

I thought he meant being in the Swedish club :laugh:

Well Mac i ask outright because taking statements together it can easily be taken as that, although hopefully it is just lack of text context.

I'm addicted though i will still play whatever :D.

Reactions: Mac
I don't know the current value of many of the items in the OP.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but these statements really worry me, not in what they say but in general implication that could be arrived at. Maybe i am misreading the overall point, but is the implication that nothing matters apart from being "in the club".

Now I believe you Lindzey own an internet cafe close to MA and that company people come to your establishment (something relayed to me by someone visiting there who met MA people while spending time there). While Girtsn in talking about "the club" made this statement * CLUB membership given by other kind of selection unrelated to equipment used - as there are owners of super buffs not part of the CLUB . I'm sure you can both understand how this could be perceived that eco don't mean a damn, just being friendly with the right people counts.

dont know anything about any club, or if you need to know certain people, and not entirely sure if dpp matters for some avatars and not to others, but can confirm that it doesnt matter to my avatar been going strong with a decent mid 90s % tt return despite having 2.5~ dpp with a nonmaxed foeripper for over 2 years now. had the aug ares ring for some months now and no difference made to my loot.

:scratch2:

as for buff values i dont have a clue i didnt pay any MU for anything with a buff. :D

Back