PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    1,035
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The EP BP does not add anything to the game.
    Actually the low level EP I and EP II adds the ability for low level avatars to skill up crafting with a limited budget.
    Although it ends up costing them in the end more than if they saved up and clicked a higher level BP, due to the higher failures they will get.

    EP I is like hunting punies or using the tt finder. Low cost to skill. The other professions had this ability so cant see why crafting shouldn't either.

    EP III and EP IV i agree they went too far with and does not really need to be around, however it is a good source of income for MA as even with the big hofs, majority are losing. If MA loses too much money then this game goes under and any investments you have made will be worthless, need to keep that in mind.

  2. #12
    Elite trance's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Switzerland
    Avatar
    hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    4,283
    Images
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    agreed. The current EP crafting is absolutely useless and adds nothing to the game.
    It's just a very cheap and short term way of MA to make money.
    It is near the same as a slot machine, if you ask me. Buy coins, insert coins, maybe win.

  3. #13
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,556
    Images
    591
    The reason why Explo BPs exist is:
    Crafters can play with TT input only, same as hunters/miners can do it.

    Beside that Explo does not inpact EU economy in a negative way.

    And here again:

    What it needs to fix economy is useful crafting.

    Useful crafting means:

    Crafted weapons that are competitive to looted ones, and lower drop rates for weapons from hunting (actually L weapons are raining in hunting, f.e. when I did healing on BB lately in a 3 hours hunt the team I did support looted 10 weapons (actually TT food, as this amount of weapon drops is way above what could be used up in that time by a similar team)

    Crafted healing tools that are competitve to looted/upgraded and free (S10) healing tools.

    Crafted armors that are competitve to looted ones, noone buy crafted armors that have worse durability than the regularly dropping looted counterparts.

    And a lot more

    Fix crafting then markup can grow.
    Explo does nothing to it, just making residue cheap, what actually would be good for the economy if crafted things would be used.

    2 days ago I TTed over 20 crafted armor parts, after those came back from auction unsold at a +1 buyout (Orca, Serum, Sema, Rascal)
    Why should I pay markup for materials to make new ones, why should I pay markup for residue to craft it full TT, if it is impossible to recover even 1 PED from the much higher MU I have to pay to craft it ?

    And you non crafters without a idea about crafting complaining about Explo, LOL

    Shut up, and start crafting !

  4. #14
    Prowler
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England, Nottingshire
    Avatar
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    1,636
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason why Explo BPs exist is:
    Crafters can play with TT input only, same as hunters/miners can do it.

    Beside that Explo does not inpact EU economy in a negative way.

    And here again:

    What it needs to fix economy is useful crafting.

    Useful crafting means:

    Crafted weapons that are competitive to looted ones, and lower drop rates for weapons from hunting (actually L weapons are raining in hunting, f.e. when I did healing on BB lately in a 3 hours hunt the team I did support looted 10 weapons (actually TT food, as this amount of weapon drops is way above what could be used up in that time by a similar team)

    Crafted healing tools that are competitve to looted/upgraded and free (S10) healing tools.

    Crafted armors that are competitve to looted ones, noone buy crafted armors that have worse durability than the regularly dropping looted counterparts.

    And a lot more

    Fix crafting then markup can grow.
    Explo does nothing to it, just making residue cheap, what actually would be good for the economy if crafted things would be used.

    2 days ago I TTed over 20 crafted armor parts, after those came back from auction unsold at a +1 buyout (Orca, Serum, Sema, Rascal)
    Why should I pay markup for materials to make new ones, why should I pay markup for residue to craft it full TT, if it is impossible to recover even 1 PED from the much higher MU I have to pay to craft it ?

    And you non crafters without a idea about crafting complaining about Explo, LOL

    Shut up, and start crafting !
    +1 rep well said

  5. #15
    actually its not really the same. only the bp is needed and it gets more valuable as you use it (QR rising). guns dont have that and finders either. yes, tiers, but you pay for those as well and a crafter doesnt. also you dont need to repair it. and please, show me an UL gun with which im able to kill 20 ped per kill creatures fast for the money that an ep4 bp costs. it is not the same and it will never be.
    ep 1 and 2 are fine as that translates a little into the early hunting and mining stages but ep3 is already kinda hard at the edge and ep4 is just pure bs.

  6. #16
    Slayer GoNi's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Calypso, Sakura City
    Avatar
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    7,556
    Images
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Really Never View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    actually its not really the same. only the bp is needed and it gets more valuable as you use it (QR rising). guns dont have that and finders either. yes, tiers, but you pay for those as well and a crafter doesnt. also you dont need to repair it. and please, show me an UL gun with which im able to kill 20 ped per kill creatures fast for the money that an ep4 bp costs. it is not the same and it will never be.
    ep 1 and 2 are fine as that translates a little into the early hunting and mining stages but ep3 is already kinda hard at the edge and ep4 is just pure bs.
    Only the UL gun is need
    Ammo = TT
    Decay on gun = TT
    Repairs = TT

    Only the UL finder is need:
    Probes = TT
    Repairs = TT

    And your other argument about 20 PED / click is also invalid !!!

    The 20 PED + / click BPs existed long time befor Explo IV already
    High end amps
    Several weapon BPs
    Sights and Scoops

    There is a lot that cost way more than 20 PED / click, cycling PED in crafting was always a lot faster than by hunting/mining, since I started over 10 years ago!


    No hunter is forced to buy anything L with MU
    No miner is forced to buy anything L with MU

    Why should crafter be forced to buy stackables with MU ?

    I know why you want it.
    From your point of view and many others aswell, the crafters should pay for the hunters/miners freeplay.

    Why ???

  7. #17
    Prowler
    Joined
    Feb 2013
    Avatar
    Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
    Society
    Apocalyptic Uprising
    Posts
    1,482
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why ???
    Because that's how it was for 10 years, and people still crafted, and back then things like hunting loot actually had markup, because there was demand for the loot, when crafters couldn't just get click mats from TT.

  8. #18
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,918
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1748
    Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Sityl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because that's how it was for 10 years, and people still crafted, and back then things like hunting loot actually had markup, because there was demand for the loot, when crafters couldn't just get click mats from TT.
    Nope. Was no demand for crafting 10 years ago either. Crafters just paid markup to access the slot machine handle back then... real pain back then doing stuff like filters that were just fed to the TT... Now crafters do the same thing but are using TT ingredients for the same result.

    Markup levels back then were artificially inflated.

    Using the 'way back 10 year ago' philosophy, you should be complaining about sweat markup prices more than about crafting markup prices. There is more uses for sweat today than back then, so in theory the demand and subsequently markup should be higher now, right? See, it's flawed logic.

    To all the hunters and miners out there that keep posting stupid threads like this asking Mindark to do away with it since there's nothing equivalent in hunting and mining in cost per click, stop asking Mindark to do away with EP and start asking them to add more stuff that you can buy from the TT or somewhere low cost (since ep bp itself isn't in the tt) that will allow you to up your cost per click for similar returns in mining and hunting... Maybe have Mindark adjust stats on old school guns or whatever... Bring on the 'adjusted jester d5' or whatever that will do massive amounts of damage but cost you a pretty penny in how much you pay for the ammo in using it.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 02-20-2017 at 06:23.

  9. #19
    sure you just need an UL gun and you pay the markup once. the problem is, what does a gun cost that comes anywhere near the cycle speed of ep4? 50k? 100k? sure the ep1 and 2 are fine, even though a gun in comparison to ep2 still costs like 3k but what does the ep4 bp cost in comparison to gun? it costs like 400 or 500 peds. thats a joke. and a finder alone doesnt let you cycle that huge amounts. thats comparable to a lvl 13 amp from tt for miner. and thats not the case. for that kind of gamble a miner needs to pay 120%+ MU. and a decent hunter at top tier cycle speed needs to spend maybe 300k peds on his equipment to be able to hunt at that speed. compare that to the 500 ped for the bp. its a fucking joke.
    and what about the explosive hunter? they need to pay MU for ammo.

  10. #20
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    1,035
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Really Never View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what does the ep4 bp cost in comparison to gun? it costs like 400 or 500 peds.
    Well the problem with the cost of purchasing the BP is from the fact that there is a higher cap limit on that BP then on weapons/finders/amp at the same level. I guess MA do have control over that, as soon as they stop dropping it the BP would go up in price. Alternatively MA could just increase the cap limit on all those comparable items and see their value drop and many loose thousands of PEDs, but it would level the playing field a bit.

    I hope they don't do that as would not want anyone to lose a ton of PED's on value of items, but it is one way to solve at least some of the complaints against EP4.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook